Addiction Survivors

Notices

Unread 06-24-2012, 03:52 PM   #1
lily29

Default Nancy! Lost my insurance and ran out of sub, need help!!!

Hi everyone,

I don't know if Nancy is still here but I need help, so if anyone can I would so appreciate it! I lost my job and my insurance and ended up going to a 10 day detox for Suboxone (I was taking 16mg/day) because it was free. That was 2 months ago and the withdrawals are as bad as if it were yesterday. I never got a chance to taper and have been basically bedridden for the last 2 months. Luckily my parents took me in but it is my mom who's great and my stepdad who dislikes me, and who wants to know when i'll be leaving. I know there used to be something called Needy Meds where you could get your Sub for free, is anything like that still around? Any advice would be helpful, I feel like these will never end and I'll never get my life back!

Thanks in advance,
Lily
lily29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-24-2012, 05:21 PM   #2
NancyB
Administrator

Hi Lily, I'm so sorry to hear what's going on! Yikes, going off of 16mg a day must be horrible. I feel so badly for you.

Do you think your old doctor can take you back? Hopefully with a space open for you to get free meds. Here's the link:
http://www.needymeds.org/drug_list.t...&name=Suboxone

They have something new now with the program that makes it a bit more difficult. They only approve so many applications a month - they wouldn't say how many, so that makes it even harder to figure out. So you may have to be patient. But if you can get something set up, it's almost the end of the month, which might work in your favor:
http://www.needymeds.org/drug_list.t...&name=Suboxone
There's another program on that link now. I'm not sure how it works, but I'll call them tomorrow to see as their site isn't too clear.

Did the detox have any aftercare for you? Have you contacted them to tell them that you're still hurting?

I hope you're able to find treatment fast that you can afford. Keep us posted on what's going on when you can.

Nancy
Important disclaimer: Any information in this post is not and does not constitute medical advice under any circumstances. Addiction Survivors, Inc. does not warranty or guarantee the accurateness, completeness, adequacy or currency of the information contained in or linked to the Site. Your use of information on the Site or materials linked to the Site is entirely at your own risk. NEVER take any online advice over that of a qualified healthcare provider. Any information contained on AddictionSurvivors.org should only serve to inspire further investigation with credible, verifiable references sources such as your physician or therapist.
NancyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-26-2012, 04:06 PM   #3
NancyB
Administrator

Hi Lily, I've tried calling that other program on the needymeds link
http://www.xubex.com/
and have been on hold between 10 and 20 minutes each of the four times I've tried. I will call again tomorrow and see if I can actually get through.

Nancy
Important disclaimer: Any information in this post is not and does not constitute medical advice under any circumstances. Addiction Survivors, Inc. does not warranty or guarantee the accurateness, completeness, adequacy or currency of the information contained in or linked to the Site. Your use of information on the Site or materials linked to the Site is entirely at your own risk. NEVER take any online advice over that of a qualified healthcare provider. Any information contained on AddictionSurvivors.org should only serve to inspire further investigation with credible, verifiable references sources such as your physician or therapist.
NancyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-26-2012, 04:13 PM   #4
lily29

Thank you Nancy! I had them fax me the application but I've got to make an appt with my Suboxone doctor and I don't know if she can do it, it says each doctor can only do it for 3 patients. I will also try calling that number if I can find it, the only one I saw was the 888 number on the top of the page. I will keep you updated. Thanks so much for your help!

Lily:-)
lily29 is offline   Reply With Quote