Addiction Survivors

Notices

Unread 04-30-2009, 10:00 PM   #1
toboat777

Default The Jerk.

Attn. to Nancy B. & anyone who can offer there thoughts on this.
Before i began sub i would experiance at night at time of sleep or while sleeping a bright flash just in a vision sense. & at this time i was on a good amount of opioids mostly vicoden/norco.
When i began to take suboxone with in the first week i began getting
a jerk meaning either just at time of falling off to sleep and at times in
the early part of the rest period.
It is hard to explain but it is a helpless feeling as it comes on so quick
you will be very still a sleep and bam ill get this body jerk.
Sorry i don,t really have any better way to explain it it has eased up
some as i have been on 20mgs of sub now for over a month.
Any ideas with this would be of great help so i may understand why.

Thanks Tony
toboat777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-30-2009, 10:34 PM   #2
OhioMike

If you watch the Steve Martin Movie "The Jerk" in reverse three times in a row, the Jerks will stop!

And if that doesn't work, let me offer this. I feel for some it is a side effect of Sub and for others it is caused by a different medical condition. So IMO the cause can vary per person, but, for some it is a side effect of Sub.

But still consider the Steve Martin movie trick, ya never know! lol

Mike
OhioMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-30-2009, 10:38 PM   #3
NancyB
Administrator

Hi Tony, this is the thread I was telling you about in chat tonight.

http://www.addictionsurvivors.org/vb...ad.php?t=12654

Here's some more:
http://www.addictionsurvivors.org/vb...ad.php?t=18306
http://www.addictionsurvivors.org/vb...ad.php?t=19556
http://www.addictionsurvivors.org/vb...ad.php?t=14564

Let me know what you think after reading through these.

Nancy
Important disclaimer: Any information in this post is not and does not constitute medical advice under any circumstances. Addiction Survivors, Inc. does not warranty or guarantee the accurateness, completeness, adequacy or currency of the information contained in or linked to the Site. Your use of information on the Site or materials linked to the Site is entirely at your own risk. NEVER take any online advice over that of a qualified healthcare provider. Any information contained on AddictionSurvivors.org should only serve to inspire further investigation with credible, verifiable references sources such as your physician or therapist.
NancyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-30-2009, 11:04 PM   #4
toboat777

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioMike View Post
If you watch the Steve Martin Movie "The Jerk" in reverse three times in a row, the Jerks will stop!

And if that doesn't work, let me offer this. I feel for some it is a side effect of Sub and for others it is caused by a different medical condition. So IMO the cause can vary per person, but, for some it is a side effect of Sub.

But still consider the Steve Martin movie trick, ya never know! lol

Mike
You got us rolling on the ground on this one some
more of your bar tending experiance coming out. That is so funny.
I am going to pick door # 1 this came up in chat so as in most game shows we ran out of time. LOL but you won the prize on this one.
Thanks Tony.& D.
Unread 04-30-2009, 11:07 PM   #5
toboat777

Thank You Nancy i,ll open these in the morning with my coffee and do a follow up to you and all in the morning.
Good Night Tony & D.
Unread 05-30-2009, 08:15 AM   #6
toboat777

Good Morning every one

I was going through my old threads and recall this one and how so many
recieve this side effect when starting sub, now that it has been three month's or so this jerking has subsided greatly.
Do i only feel it very lightly if at all now it is nice to know it is something that does not last a long time.
Just one more experience and side effect of recovery that is all but gone now.

Thanks for your help and answers every one.

Tony
Unread 05-30-2009, 09:21 AM   #7
OhioMike

Come on Tony, you really took my advice and just too embarrassed to say so! lol
Unread 05-30-2009, 11:56 AM   #8
follydad

Tony, the jerks will stop. I was so concerned about them that I almost quit Sub just because of it. I had them periodically throughout the day and the ones I had while on the verge of sleep were big and sudden enough to almost knock me off the bed. I was also hypersensitive to anything, like when my screensaver kicked in at work I would jump. Flash forward a couple months and I have no jerks at all. I think they'll pass. Don't worry.
follydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-30-2009, 10:24 PM   #9
toboat777

Default A Little Mixed Up Here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioMike View Post
Come on Tony, you really took my advice and just too embarrassed to say so! lol
Well Mike you are so right when i first started here at the forum it was also the same day i started my sub program I give you and your story so much credit for saving Diane
& I from what may have been a divorce as we sat together to watch your
story she listened to Dawn tell her side and it gave Diane the help she needed to understand why we as addicts do this.
If it were not for you two we may not be here today for this Mike i have the Utmost respect and apreciation for you and i look at you as not only
a friend but like a brother and yes i have tears in my eyes right now as i
write this post.
And as a reminder i watched your story just minutes ago story part 2 still
hits home pretty hard Mike infact real hard !!!

Thank You is not enough Mike !
I dont even know how to show my apreciation this is why if you can
please come and see us when you come through Ca, to Mexico I really
want to first shake your hand and then we can go from there.

Tony

Every one i got off track as we were refering to the sleep issue but Mikes
Story brings me back to lies that i told my wife while using.
Unread 05-30-2009, 11:11 PM   #10
OhioMike

Tony, thank you, very much. It makes myself and Dawn feel good that 'our' story could help another.

But Tony, I was talking about my suggestion about the Steve Martin movie! lol

Thanks Tony and please know that interacting with you, getting to know you and Diane is also very helpful toward my recovery as well. We feed off each other as we all move through healing.

Mike
Unread 05-30-2009, 11:52 PM   #11
toboat777

Exactly Mike

I had realised i had got off on the wrong site it was triggered by myself
going to part two of your story watching it and not thinking which im good at LOL, I went off on my personel experiance as all of you can see I
deffinently loused it up.

Regaurdless though it is the truth of how my life was saved and my marrige to who i love was kept alive by the wonderfull people like OMike
and his wife and others here too and not to forget Suboxone as well.

Sorry about all the confusion everyone and sorry to Steve Martin as he probably wouldent think this was funny ! LOL
Unread 05-31-2009, 12:09 AM   #12
toboat777

One More Time Everyone

Again everyone this mess of a post i did started as I thought OMike was refering to a thread called (Lie Lie Deny) I had posted there this morning
thinking he had read that and was responding about it to me anyway i better get out of here and just go to bed LOL

Good Night
Tony
Unread 05-31-2009, 12:18 AM   #13
OhioMike

haha Tony, sorry I haven't read that thread.

But again, thank you for the kind words. The personal stories here on this site are huge in my recovery and IMO everyone should read them. So many different experiences and so many helpful insights on ways to make recovery more positive and rewarding.

Tony your blessed as I am with a life partner who is right there with you being a valuable role in your recovery. Sadly not everyone has that and it's hard for me to read those stories because I cannot imagine where I would be without my wife.

Mike
Unread 07-10-2009, 07:19 PM   #14
zaney

Argghh! I am so glad that I found this thread! I thought I was going insane, or have a new underlying problem. It has happened 3 or 4 times so far (been on sub for 2 weeks). The 1st time it happened I was just like "what the EFFFF???!!?" Whew, , it's not only me... thank goodness.
zaney is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-10-2009, 11:52 PM   #15
toboat777

Ah Yes I don't Miss The Jerk

Yes ill own up to this Hi Zany no your not going insane or having a out of body experience or even getting all ( SHOOK UP ) over any thing, it is a
some what common side effect that i learned about myself from others here a short while back ans if you don't already know this they will go away in a while their is quite a bit of information on this side effect to help everyone know they did not pick it up from some toxic vicoden or a oxy that fell out of some ones pocket and it got eaten ooh gross your all good but it can be a wake up call "get it" ! any way no worries have a nice weekend.

toboat.......... tony
Unread 07-12-2009, 01:45 AM   #16
csdmommy

Okay, Mike, I'm suing you for malpractice!! The Steve Martin cure didn't work.......I was really betting on it.

I know you love it when my sarcastic side pops out just for you!

Talk to ya' later!

-Christy
csdmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-12-2009, 10:03 PM   #17
frances

OMG Tony, that is so funny! I have had "the jerk" too since starting sub...and it has been subsiding a little bit every night. Mine only happen as I am falling asleep. At first it kind of freaked me out...but now I kind of like it (I know, I am weird)!

I have missed the last couple of chats...hopefully, we will catch up on Tuesday night!

Frances
frances is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-12-2009, 10:54 PM   #18
toboat777

Hi Frances

Yes we have missed you in chat but we understand every one leads a busy life i to got in to chat late Diane and I have been getting some late spring cleaning very late LOL . Late Late Late !

I'm glad you caught this thread as many here have had this minor side effect and i really thought at first i had gotten it from long term opioid use i was so happy when i heard about it "IN Chat" and Nancy B . again
helped me out with this thread that i added to and yes we all have a little fun at it as well.

Nice to here from you I'm sure you are doing well and yes these bumps in the night will go away in short time hope to chat with you soon.

Tony
Unread 07-13-2009, 06:30 AM   #19
comingbacktolife

Default "the jerk"@the beginning and after a while

Hello there. I too have experienced "the jerk," as so many of Suboxone users have I believe. In the beginning of my Sub treatment, it would wake me out of a dead sleep, and when I say jerk-my leg would literally kick up, and I would wake up. This happenned sporadically at the beginning of my treatment and pretty much disappeared approximately around three months of being on Sub. It did still occur, but was much more subtle, and now, a little over a year later, I find it happens very slightly very rarely, but when it does it's like, "oh man, not a new round of this." It seems like I have what I attribute as side effects starting to recycle themselves presently, anybody elsy notice this? Like something that happenned at the beginning of Sub treatment and went away, and now, for me, a little over a year later, they are slowly reemerging. I don't know, maybe it's just this crazy summer??? we are having.
comingbacktolife is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-13-2009, 04:44 PM   #20
janie

COMINGBACKTOLIFE....

I know EXACTLY what you mean!! "The Jerk", LOL, has been revisiting me lately. My problem is it doesn't only happen when I'm trying to sleep. It can and does happen throughout the day so that I look like I have Tourettes Syndrome or a tic of some sort. And the looks people give me?? OMG!! When I first started on Sub, I was working as a waitress. I'd be there at a table taking someones dinner order and I'd just start twitching as I was writing it down. And, it didn't help much when I'd experience "The Jerk" as I was carrying trays of full dinner plates to my customers and ended up with their dinner on the floor!! Thankfully that had only happened to me twice, LOL!!
janie is offline   Reply With Quote