Addiction Survivors

Notices

Unread 02-25-2009, 04:30 PM   #1
mzshelli

Default BM Problems HUGH PROBLEM

Ok i did a reply post to this problem, but mine is not just (not being able to go) I go only about 2 to 3 times per week if that, but when its that time bluntly saying this my BM is so large it not only takes me 1 to 2 hrs to get it out but it is so entirly HUGH! it hurts so bad ( this is so embarssing) but i am wondering if anyone else may have this prob or am i the only weird one here. Honestly i feel like i did when i had my son but from the other end it sucks. i have actually thought about using oil or something to help get it out of me, b/c of its size i can not push and push i tried that once just push really hard and its done.... No No long and wide and painful and lots of blood i had to go to the doc and they thought i would have to have stiches but thank gosh i didn't it healed on its own. I can not believe i just told you all this but i ahve to know if anyone but me is affected by this

I would love to put Anonomous on here but.............
mzshelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-25-2009, 05:53 PM   #2
theswan

Suppositories help as does using oil or grease to lube.

I'd also take stool softeners and eat a lot of dried fruits. Warm prune juice has also helped. Follow the constapation thread.

Glen
theswan is offline   Reply With Quote
One User Says Thank You to theswan For This Useful Post:
Thank You (03-05-2009)
Unread 03-05-2009, 09:55 PM   #3
deep carrot

wow this happend to me too. i felt like i was giving birth. is that a side effect of suboxone? shellis description was spot on. it was absurd what i went through. also is it true that sub will not show up in a 5 panel pre employment drug screen?
deep carrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-05-2009, 09:57 PM   #4
deep carrot

i had a quick question about the 5 panel drug screen. Will sub show up?
Unread 03-05-2009, 10:28 PM   #5
NancyB
Administrator

Hi deep carrot and welcome. Suboxone will not show up on a standard drug sceen. It needs to be specifically tested for.

More reading: http://www.naabt.org/faq_answers.cfm#78

Hope that helps.

Nancy
Important disclaimer: Any information in this post is not and does not constitute medical advice under any circumstances. Addiction Survivors, Inc. does not warranty or guarantee the accurateness, completeness, adequacy or currency of the information contained in or linked to the Site. Your use of information on the Site or materials linked to the Site is entirely at your own risk. NEVER take any online advice over that of a qualified healthcare provider. Any information contained on AddictionSurvivors.org should only serve to inspire further investigation with credible, verifiable references sources such as your physician or therapist.
NancyB is offline   Reply With Quote
One User Says Thank You to NancyB For This Useful Post:
Thank You (03-06-2009)
Unread 03-06-2009, 01:38 AM   #6
deep carrot

Quote:
Originally Posted by deep carrot View Post
wow this happend to me too. i felt like i was giving birth. is that a side effect of suboxone? shellis description was spot on. it was absurd what i went through. also is it true that sub will not show up in a 5 panel pre employment drug screen?
Quote:
Originally Posted by NancyB View Post
Hi deep carrot and welcome. Suboxone will not show up on a standard drug sceen. It needs to be specifically tested for.

More reading: http://www.naabt.org/faq_answers.cfm#78

Hope that helps.

Nancy
Thanks Nancy!!!!!!!
Unread 03-13-2009, 11:27 PM   #7
mzshelli

Quote:
Well i am glad I am not the only one not that it is at all a good thing but it's nice to now someone beside me is having this

Michele
mzshelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-18-2009, 09:00 PM   #8
inrecovery

I have found a great relief, take an enema, fill one of those plastic fleet enema bottles with castor oil, dont laugh, it lubricates the lining of the rectum and softens the stool so that you can pass it with ease. Just make sure that your commode can take the load (pun intended).
Honest it works!!!!!!!!!! Hold it in as long as you can and as soon as you get the urge to go don't hold back hehe, jk.
inrecovery is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-18-2009, 09:20 PM   #9
maillady

Default Me too!! Huge problem

yes this happens to me too.. i also cant believe i am telling this BUT like u said maybe it can help us all if we discuss our problems... mine is the very same! Big, huge, wide, hard, long...loooooong I have stopped up 2 commodes.. no kidding and its so embarassing...at the office the commode has stopped up and ran over twice...one day after that I left the office and came home to take care of my business and I sit and sit and strain and strain for ever!!!..and then i went to a party at my daughters and holy shit... had to go while away from home again and it wouldnt flush and stopped up the commode and believe it or not..my son in law had to take the commode out of the house and replace it!!!!! Believe it!!!!! By the way this is a real story But it happened to a friend of mine thats on suboxone .. not me... wink wink...embarrasing
maillady is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-18-2009, 10:37 PM   #10
theswan

Wow Good news!

I lowered my dose over two weeks to 12mg from 16mg. For the first time in over a year, I went without using a suppository. This has happened at several BM's. I hd heard that this can get better with a taper but now I know it's true.

So a dose reduction works for me. Maybe you can lower your dose?

Good luck and by the way, dried fruits work well but I get carried away and eat like a pound a day! Egads! I have so little self control but that's for another topic lol

Glen
Unread 03-19-2009, 10:55 AM   #11
inrecovery

being that Suboxone is an opiate, albeit a less potent one due to the naloxone, the side effect of misusing opiates, and i got this terminology from the brochure that NAABT puts out, is TERRIBLE CONTSTIPATION. This is due to the fact that opiates slow down the motility of the digestive tract, and part of that motility is H2O absorption, so the end result is a hard stool. As i suggested in my earlier post, use an enema bottle, filled with castor oil, as it is a thick and extremely "lubricating" type of oil and it will lubricate both the lining of the rectum, anus, and most def, lubricate the stool, thereby making it easier to pass the stool. I have to warn you that after such a long time of not going, the stool tends to be EXTREMELY long, so in my experience, lean back on the commode seat and bear down, ladies it's almost like passing a baby thru ur birth canal, so i have been told, as i am a male, and as you r bearing down squeeze so that the stool is cut off, so to speak, so that you will then experience a "shorter" stool and thereby not block up the commode. I have blocked up many a commode in my years of misusing opiates and have had to resort to this and changed the commode from a regular one to one that is "air" assisted. With this assistance it will thereby force the stool down the bowl with much more ease.

If anyone has any questions as to what i just posted and i am not posing this as a sic and perverted topic, but i will answer any/all of your questions. Take it from someone who has misused opiates for over 20 years.
inrecovery is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-19-2009, 12:52 PM   #12
onceagainskumshine

Quote:
wow this happend to me too. i felt like i was giving birth.
HAHHAAAAA! Sorry. That was funny. I need to laugh through this taper, and I'm cracking up.
I had the same experience, despite no ability to give birth.
I had to plan for a good hour in the bathroom. Yeeeowch.

Please don't be embarrased. These are the things that can happen. Better to ask a question than worry!

There are drinks, like Kombucha, that aid in digestion, Goji berries, lots of nuts and berries. Eat like a rabbit, and drink protien drinks.
Also, all the other options that people have sent you are great as well.
I have a footstool in the bathroom. When your feet are raised, it makes things easier. It may still hurt, but it happens more easily with raised feet, sitting up straight than when trying to force it. I am seriously hoping that this is the first and last time someone will ever tell you "SIT UP STRAIGHT!" when they are talking about sitting on the toilet. Also, deep breaths.

hope it all, um, comes to pass.
Sorry.
I had ta.

best,
skum
onceagainskumshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-19-2009, 12:57 PM   #13
onceagainskumshine

I forgot:
Probiotics help me, you can get them from yogurt and they are in a lot of mushrooms too- that's where I usually get them.
Watch your coffee/soda intake. Any dark brown liquid will dehydrate the organs. Drink twice as much H2O as normally reccomended.
Also, castor oil (orally) or aloe vera (oral) from any health food store will grease the wheels.
Senna tea, rhubarb tea. Rice. Grains.

Good luck,
best,
skum
Unread 03-19-2009, 01:15 PM   #14
TIM

Quote:
Originally Posted by inrecovery View Post
being that Suboxone is an opiate, albeit a less potent one due to the naloxone, the side effect of misusing opiates, and i got this terminology from the brochure that NAABT puts out, is TERRIBLE CONTSTIPATION. This is due to the fact that opiates slow down the motility of the digestive tract, and part of that motility is H2O absorption, so the end result is a hard stool. As i suggested in my earlier post, use an enema bottle, filled with castor oil, as it is a thick and extremely "lubricating" type of oil and it will lubricate both the lining of the rectum, anus, and most def, lubricate the stool, thereby making it easier to pass the stool. I have to warn you that after such a long time of not going, the stool tends to be EXTREMELY long, so in my experience, lean back on the commode seat and bear down, ladies it's almost like passing a baby thru ur birth canal, so i have been told, as i am a male, and as you r bearing down squeeze so that the stool is cut off, so to speak, so that you will then experience a "shorter" stool and thereby not block up the commode. I have blocked up many a commode in my years of misusing opiates and have had to resort to this and changed the commode from a regular one to one that is "air" assisted. With this assistance it will thereby force the stool down the bowl with much more ease.

If anyone has any questions as to what i just posted and i am not posing this as a sic and perverted topic, but i will answer any/all of your questions. Take it from someone who has misused opiates for over 20 years.
Thanks for posting the tips on constipation. I'm sure many people here will appreciate it as constipation is a very common side effect. There is one thing I'd like to point out. Above you said "...Suboxone is an opiate, albeit a less potent one due to the naloxone..." The naloxone isn't why it is less potent, the naloxone is considered clinically insignificant unless injected by someone physically dependent on full agonist opioids. What make buprenorphine less potent is the property of it being a partial agonist. Even without the naloxone buprenorphine has far less opioid effect than full agonists do.

Tim

Important disclaimer: Any information in this post is not and does not constitute medical advice under any circumstances. Addiction Survivors, Inc. does not warranty or guarantee the accurateness, completeness, adequacy or currency of the information contained in or linked to the Site. Your use of information on the Site or materials linked to the Site is entirely at your own risk. Voluntary Disclosure: Timothy L. is the President of The National Alliance of Advocates for Buprenorphine treatment. (NAABT.org) The views and opinions of Timothy L., or any poster, are not necessarily the views of AddictionSurvivors.org. NEVER take any online advice over that of a qualified healthcare provider Any information you read here should only serve to inspire you to investigate further with credible, verifiable referenced sources or your doctor.
TIM is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-26-2009, 02:38 PM   #15
Heath

I take benefiber twice daily. 3 teaspoons each time. Once in am and once in pm. Also, i eat a big bowl of kellogs frosted mini-wheats every night after dinner as my dessert. With skim milk. We are health nuts, when it comes to eating. This allows me to have a bm each morning within an hour of when i get up. It's like "old faithful". My sub doctor told me about the benefiber the day of my induction and even gave me a sample so i knew what to look for in the store, which i thought was a good idea.
Heath.
Heath is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-29-2009, 09:18 AM   #16
deanna

Ditto on the Benefiber. And 4 senekot a day also helps. thats what my doctor recommended. deanna
deanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-30-2009, 03:07 PM   #17
onceagainskumshine

As I taper down, my mornings have become easier, at least "that" part of my morning, the one we are discussing.

It seems that I have "old faithful" (thanks Heath) every day, without issues anymore.
Like clockwork.

I also eat a pretty healthy diet. No fast food, very small amount of meat in my diet, mostly eat grains and nuts and berries. Im addicted to Goji Berries. Can't stop.

Eat as much high fiber food as you can, but make sure to supplement them with plenty of H2O to keep the intestines hydrated. Kombucha tea has been helping me a bunch with digestion in general.

Also, having HCV, I am careful what I eat as so not to strain my liver.
Liver lover.

best,
skum
Unread 03-30-2009, 03:39 PM   #18
Sam Bailey

Hey Folks,

Like everyone else, I also suffered this particular opiate-users-curse...both on "regular" opiates and on Sub, most especially when I was on a higher dose.

However, I found tremendous relief during the final year of my Sub Treatment, though it was pretty much by accident. One day my wife came home from Trader Joe's (market) with a pound of almonds and a pound of cashews, mixed them together in a nice bowl and set 'em out in the TV room.

So, like the "junkie" I am (ha!), I couldn't stop popping a small handful of those nuts in my mouth every time I turned on the tube. The result? I had to, like, race to the freakin' john the next morning, practically the minute I hopped out of bed. And the next morning? Same thing. Skip the nuts? Uh oh...back to constipation-ville.

Bottom line? Whether any other nuts work this same way, I don't know. I DO know, though, that as long as I ate 2-3 (or more) hands-full of those almonds and cashews every day, I never suffered another, uh...stopped-up-problema.

Please, think about it. Give it a try...but do not eat too darned many, unless you can run very fast in the a.m.

best,

sam b
Sam Bailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-30-2009, 09:06 PM   #19
mewitoutyou

Cool

I have been addicted to opiates for almost 2 years now. Heroin was my choice. A BAD ONE. What i wanted to get at is this is very helpful. These "threads" and "posts" if you don't like meetings can b a powerful substitute to the "normal" meeting. I'm starting to figure out, I've had a problem with drugs for 5 6 yrs now. And what a wonder- weed is the gateway drug!!! wow! What my parents had been saying for yrs. As a young person in grade school, I often said "I'll NEVER do drugs- ever." Then i started seeing a boy who I really liked about Sophomore Yr. of highschool. TA DA !!! Peer pressure and i was off to weed. He died about a yr later and I thought where does that leave me?
God hates me!? surely- he took away the one person i loved. But I've even grown to understand. People do die; it happens all the time, and I shouldn't think God was punishing me. But i keep on punishing myself.
Once he died, I felt i was invincible. I moved on to harder drugs. Finally ending at Heroin- my savior from my pain, or so i thought. Anyways. I don't want to go on and on because this thread is about constipation and side effects.
Basically, I wanted to thank everyone for posting. I just had to go to the bathroom the other day and i thought it was PAINFUL and almost like giving birth. It sucked. But I'm not used to going to the bathroom everyday. When i was at the peak of my addiction, I was lucky if I went once a week. AND I MEAN LUCKY. My stool is hard and almost impossible to push out. It sucks, I know, but I promise it is getting better. It's getting a little easier to go and I've been on Suboxone for about 40 days now.
The enima was a good idea. Thanks all!

Good luck and God Bless,
**Frankie**
mewitoutyou is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-12-2009, 03:47 PM   #20
ironman

You want to get on top of this quickly. Theres a condition commonly referred to as 'institutional bowel' which you do not want to develop. Apparently ones intestines can become wider and stay that way for some time to come. You will have issues with clogged toilets not to mention the discomfort. Once the intestine has become expanded the stool will build up width wise rather than length wise as it fills the area available. You would not believe what a human, even a tiny human, can accumulate and pass. having worked many years ago in 'institutional settings' I can tell you it is just amazing. I remember guys at times weighing the output ( I seem to recall 7 pounds and something ounces one morning ) and then giving it a name - a sick twist on the 'giving birth' point. Hey, they were young, bored and immature. I guess it helped pass the time at an otherwise un funny job. Things got so bad with some patients I can remember RN's having to 'glove up' and actually remove the stool by hand. I am not making this up.Not trying to freak /gross anyone out but everyone needs to take this issue seriously. It can turn into a medical emergency if not addressed timely (constipation).
ironman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-30-2009, 05:33 PM   #21
piprinzezz

Quote:
Originally Posted by mzshelli View Post
Ok i did a reply post to this problem, but mine is not just (not being able to go) I go only about 2 to 3 times per week if that, but when its that time bluntly saying this my BM is so large it not only takes me 1 to 2 hrs to get it out but it is so entirly HUGH! it hurts so bad ( this is so embarssing) but i am wondering if anyone else may have this prob or am i the only weird one here. Honestly i feel like i did when i had my son but from the other end it sucks. i have actually thought about using oil or something to help get it out of me, b/c of its size i can not push and push i tried that once just push really hard and its done.... No No long and wide and painful and lots of blood i had to go to the doc and they thought i would have to have stiches but thank gosh i didn't it healed on its own. I can not believe i just told you all this but i ahve to know if anyone but me is affected by this

I would love to put Anonomous on here but.............
I read all of the good advise to help the constipation, but did you get any answers regarding the blood? I am experiencing the same thing and there is a lot of blood when I do go. Did your doc say this was normal? Or does anyone else reading this feel this should be looked at by a professional?
piprinzezz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-30-2009, 07:18 PM   #22
csdmommy

I JUST caught the end of this thread......let me go back and read the whole thing. If you are saying that there is blood in one's stool, then there is a plethora of conditions this can be an indication of, but usually, this is NOT a normal, healthy symptom. One suggestion, though, IMO, a "smear" of blood on the outside of a BM may be from a hemerrhoid. By definition, a smear from a hemmorhoid would be considerable to the size of dime, with the appearence of being "smeared" when exiting the sphincter.

Sorry, guys, trying not to gross you out, just trying to provide insight. Let me review the rest of the thread before the chat.

-Christy
csdmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-30-2009, 11:11 PM   #23
scottty

Smile

yes i can, i started to get consatpation about 2 weeks after my start i used fiber pills for 3 days . then every thing seemed ok,for about 2 weeks later man it hurt it was like concrete. i am going to try 2 or 3 times a week ya its uncofortable. its the metamucil
scottty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-01-2009, 03:44 PM   #24
Sub-Zero

Be sure to check out the constipation threads there is lots of info in them. I found Miralax worked great for stopping that hardness. It takes a couple weeks to start working , but then it works great longterm. Constipation can be dangerous so pay attention to it and take precautions. It could be the large rough stools causing the damage that leads to bleeding, but you should tell your doctor about it.
Sub
Sub-Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
One User Says Thank You to Sub-Zero For This Useful Post:
Thank You (01-20-2014)
Unread 07-01-2009, 09:47 PM   #25
recoverng4life

Exclamation Rare BM

I found a huge problem with subs/suboxone besides the taste ehhh the time it takes for me to have a BM. I found if you don't change your diet which I noticed from my own experience I had to take at least 5 stool softeners a day (with colate) along with a bottle of magnesium citrate (this I would take every other day). A whole bottle of the citrate every other day and the softeners every day and I would have a BM like every other day.
recoverng4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-25-2009, 10:01 AM   #26
spaziet

It's a good thing I like fruit - because I've been eating it like crazy. I picked up the Colace recommended by my doc and it doesn't help a bit. So, after reading all these posts I'm going to take more drastic measures - the warm prune juice and Miralax (may have picked that up in a different spot) I've been eating dried prunes, but they haven't helped either. I didn't have a BM for 5 days until this morning and when it was over I had to take a nap! It was exhausting. I was afraid I'd put my back out again with all the pushing.All my life conditions have always had to be perfect for me to have a BM - Rule #1 -I have to be at home. When I go on vacation I know I will be constipated. Rule #2 - have to be able to relax and have something to read. Rule ## it usually has to be in the morning. If I miss the "window" then forget it - it'll have to wait till the next morning. I need to get to the store today and pick up the goods, can't chance missing my next window.
spaziet is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-25-2009, 11:47 AM   #27
zaney

Colace alone also didn't worked for me. A friend that is also on Suboxone told me to get the Metamucil fiber pills (found in the laxative section of the grocery or pharmacy) and take around 5 (it says on the bottle to take between 2-6) I took them and I am back to absolute normal again, as long as I keep taking them. I also take 1 colace, just to soften things up a bit. (ew, sorry) The metamucil is kind of expensive, $15 for a bottle of 150 capsules, but they REALLY do work! If nothing is woking so far, try it, I couldn't believe how normal my bowels became again.
zaney is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-26-2009, 01:33 PM   #28
spaziet

Thumbs up The bm project

OK - back from the store, and I'm loaded for bear. Got Miralex, because that shows up in many posts - got prunes - got prune juice - got a new filter for my Brita water pitcher because I'm going to drink alot of water - but, I'm going to measure my intake. I tend to think I'm drinking alot of water - but when I really think about it, and actually measure it - it's a big surprise to see that I'm not even close to what's recommended. Got All-Bran cereal - and more fruit. It's like a project! It's making me laugh - I'm remembering when I was a kid, if I'd get sick for more than a day or so my Ma would call the doctor - he still made housecalls then!!! He'd come over and take the temp - sometimes a shot and make the same speach - Keep her on a light diet - no fatty foods, try dry toast and applesauce, and make sure she's having regular BMs - administer an enema if needed. Just the word "enema" would make me have to go!!!
Oh, and keep the bathroom sink water running, just for good measure - always thought it only made me pee - but it can work for BMs as well!!! Wish me luck!!
spaziet is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-08-2009, 08:26 PM   #29
slave

I read somewhere that serious heroin users live on fruit., I've just started on sub and am not sure how that's going to "pan" out., but my years with vicodin caused me several occasions of throne despair. I starting eating oatmeal in the am, with tons of brown sugar and raisins to mask the taste. and as much fruit as I could, mainly pineapple & berries... seemed to help me lead a "regular" addicts life, with the exception of an occasional Alien screamer having to break out.
Don't mean to make humor, it's just my way, but it can be quite serious, another opiate addict I know actually had a full out intestinal blockage that required surgery, so all be careful!
slave is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-11-2009, 04:38 AM   #30
okie

Colace is superb for this issue. You can get it over the counter, it isnt exactly cheap..but it works wonderfully ans non violenlty, if you get my drift..lol
okie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-11-2009, 11:01 AM   #31
theswan

Magnesia in citrate or "milk" works for me I just do not use it too often.

Glen
Unread 09-21-2009, 11:03 PM   #32
JenniferB

WOW, I just cant believe there are people out there with the same problem! I have several side effects but this is by far the WORST one! I can go without a bowel movement for a couple weeks....ITS THAT BAD! I started taking stool softners but they dont work very well anymore. I tried laxatives but they do so much damamge....I need help! Fruit and juices dont work for me at all......So if you have any suggestions please send them my way!
Unread 09-22-2009, 06:55 AM   #33
MicheleJ

I take one stool softner every day. I take it with my vitamins in the morning, and I take Senekott two days per week.
With the Senekott, I take twelve tablets per day on the days I take them, (four tablets, three times during the day). Then, with the help of a suppository, I am usually able to go to the bathroom within 24 hours.
Also,I drink a lot of water.
Sometimes I drink Miralax too, but lately I found that the Senekott works fine without it, and Miralax is very expensive.
I have had this problem my whole life, and have been using the suppositories for years now. They used to work on thier own. Not anymore!
It got much worse though when I was addicted to Vicodin, and since I am on Sub. now it is the same as it was when I was addicted to the Vicodin, it is no better, no worse.
Unread 09-22-2009, 07:11 AM   #34
NancyB
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenniferB View Post
WOW, I just cant believe there are people out there with the same problem! I have several side effects but this is by far the WORST one! I can go without a bowel movement for a couple weeks....ITS THAT BAD! I started taking stool softners but they dont work very well anymore. I tried laxatives but they do so much damamge....I need help! Fruit and juices dont work for me at all......So if you have any suggestions please send them my way!
Hi JenniferB and welcome. Please look through this thread:
http://www.addictionsurvivors.org/vb...ad.php?t=14755

There are a ton of suggestions by people on what worked for them regarding constipation.

Hope that helps.

Nancy
Important disclaimer: Any information in this post is not and does not constitute medical advice under any circumstances. Addiction Survivors, Inc. does not warranty or guarantee the accurateness, completeness, adequacy or currency of the information contained in or linked to the Site. Your use of information on the Site or materials linked to the Site is entirely at your own risk. NEVER take any online advice over that of a qualified healthcare provider. Any information contained on AddictionSurvivors.org should only serve to inspire further investigation with credible, verifiable references sources such as your physician or therapist.
One User Says Thank You to NancyB For This Useful Post:
Thank You (09-23-2009)
Unread 09-27-2009, 04:24 PM   #35
JenniferB

Does anyone know of any good stool softeners? I was using one and it really worked but its not working so well anymore. I can go for weeks without a bowel movement if im not careful. Please give me suggestions!

Thanks you,
Unread 09-27-2009, 05:12 PM   #36
NancyB
Administrator

Hi Jennifer, please take a look through this thread, there are tons of things that worked for different people:

http://www.addictionsurvivors.org/vb...ad.php?t=14755

Hope that helps.

Nancy
Unread 09-28-2009, 12:50 AM   #37
sidney69

Personally i find miralax to work well. It takes several days to kick in, but you can take it 1-2 times a day, mix it with something like orange juice. You might also take like 1 laxative too, just at first to get it started a little quicker, but for me the miralaz has been a life saver. Milk of mag will work, but i drank so much while on my DOC i start gaggin just smelling that - good luck
sidney69 is offline   Reply With Quote