Addiction Survivors

Notices

Unread 03-12-2014, 09:22 AM   #1
Sarano

Default Post-opiate anxiety

Hey everyone, thanks for reading this. I was in an accident in April of 2013. As a result I have 2 ruptured disc and am in pain 24/7. I started (before they knew the extent of my injuries) on 4 hydrocodone a day (10/325). This really did nothing for the pain so my doc sent me to pain management. They quickly switched me to morphine then fentanyl patches. I was on the patch for probably 6-7 months when they up'd the dosage and I had a reaction to it. According to the pain management doc my body absorbed the higher dosage 3 day patch in 2 days and that's what caused the reaction. I completely lost it. I had major panic/anxiety attacks. I've never had anything like that before. I'm usually very relaxed and worry about nothing. She changed my meds to OxyContin, I filled the prescription and never went back. I took myself off of all the meds and decided I'd rather just live in pain. Yes it was not fun detoxing but thankfully I hadn't been on the for years like many have.
Anyway....since then (I've not taken anything for nearly 2 months) I'm still having mini anxiety attacks. They're not like the reaction...I have control...but I can't stand feeling like this. It's little stuff like if I'm stuffed up I'm panicking because I don't feel like I can breath. I know I can and I know I'm fine...but I still freak out. I try to keep it to myself so I don't look like an idiot but I was hoping maybe someone could offer some advice. I don't want to take anti-anxiety meds....but I have no idea what to do from here. Thanks in advance for any assistance.
Sarano is offline   Reply With Quote
One User Says Thank You to Sarano For This Useful Post:
Thank You (12-29-2016)
Unread 12-20-2016, 01:24 PM   #2
seeker1973

I came across this post that talks about depression, as it relates to opiate addiction. I've been very depressed going through the motions of being addicted to oxys. I'm curious what others think about this potential route for getting off of oxys, as well as the bupro that I sometimes take: https://ibogainemexico.com/ibogaine-...or-depression/
seeker1973 is offline   Reply With Quote