Addiction Survivors

Notices

Unread 12-29-2015, 09:30 PM   #51
nan

Hello all, We are going to a Sober New Years Eve festivity that is family oriented and should be lots of fun for all. It is sponsored by a chemical dependent organization. I bet many cities have such things planned and it is an excellent idea. Drug and Alcohol free with AA/NA meeting every hour on the hour for those who wish to attend those. Perhaps some of you might want to look into that in your own town. A very safe way to see in the New Year. Oh yes, there will be fireworks at midnight!! I am taking my son and 3 grandkids-Jen has to work on New Years Eve so I am in charge. Looking forward to all of it!

Hope everyone finds a good, safe place to be on New Years Eve. Just make plans so you are not tempted to slip up. Lots of alternatives, look for them.

nan
nan is offline   Reply With Quote
One User Says Thank You to nan For This Useful Post:
Thank You (12-30-2015)
Unread 12-29-2015, 10:20 PM   #52
lostdog

We don't ever do much, I get too sleepy. We have a party on New year's, but I think the guy who has it doesn't drink at all.
lostdog is offline   Reply With Quote
One User Says Thank You to lostdog For This Useful Post:
Thank You (12-30-2015)
Unread 12-30-2015, 09:40 PM   #53
gmasusie

Could we talk about this subject seriously tonight and tomorrow? I know tomorrow may be tough for many of us. Love, Susie

RLee, Thanks for asking about me.
gmasusie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-30-2015, 11:28 PM   #54
R. Lee

Well with some disappointments over the holidays I could get on the pity potty & cry the blues. When I feel this way I think of what I have to be grateful for & at the top of the list is my sobriety. I am grateful for good health at 72 & all the other positives in my life.
R. Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-30-2016, 10:39 AM   #55
R. Lee

Hi, I am headed for a men's alcohol recovery support group retreat Fri, Sat. & Sunday.

Everyone have a good weekend.
Unread 09-30-2016, 10:54 AM   #56
lostdog

Have a nice time!
lostdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-30-2016, 01:12 PM   #57
Tryntryagain

Good evening my dear R Lee. Bright blessings to you.

I hope this environment gives you time to reflect on how special you are to others, and to yourself.

Be peaceful, be healthy and be strong. Loveness to you my dear R Lee.
Tryntryagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-30-2016, 09:52 PM   #58
R. Lee

You are so kind Tryn. Thanks Love U!!
One User Says Thank You to R. Lee For This Useful Post:
Thank You (10-03-2016)
Unread 10-03-2016, 06:44 AM   #59
Tryntryagain

Good morning my dear R Lee. Bright blessings to you.

Here we are, Monday morning in my dear ole Blighty, a quite beautiful Autumn day i have to say, and over the weekend while walking the ole fella, i was thinking about my other ole special fella, and wondering how the retreat was going, and now, went.

My hope is that it is enabled you to feel the love and energy that you support others with, day in, day out, and i hope that you felt that for yourself. You can not give so much wisdom and experience without it being a big part of you as you stand, live and breathe.

Folk often talk of others being an "example" to others. Should there be a definition of what an "example" actually is, my dear R Lee, semantics indeed, you are example of what an example is.

I am sure, i feel i know you well enough, that this retreat will have re-centered yourself. You are just that kinda guy.

Unread 10-03-2016, 09:40 AM   #60
R. Lee

Thank you Tryn. You are too kind.

The retreat went well. A time for me to reflect on myself & how to work the program of being a better sober man. A need to get away & be with others who are trying to do the same.
4 Users Say Thank You to R. Lee For This Useful Post:
Thank You (10-05-2016), Thank You (10-03-2016), Thank You (10-03-2016), Thank You (10-04-2016)
Unread 10-04-2016, 07:13 AM   #61
Tryntryagain

Good morning my dear R Lee. Very bright blessings to you.

Sober = better. So it does. You have been as humble around your program as you are with yourself. For sure it empowers pipsqueaks like me, yet there is a man behind it all. There is also behind the pipsqueak.

For me friendship is made up of many colours. It is why i feel folks love their friends in "different ways". Each one as precious as the next, just different.

My journey has many positives. One of them is to recognise when someone for me, comes along on my journey and means everything.

I feel the anger and hurt you have within you that you never talk about, because i hear it when you placate me through my rants and rages. I can write a whole page of ranting bollocks, and a sentence or 2 either has me in tears, jumping for joy, or both. To others they may only be "2 sentences", to me it is someone who knows very well what it is to be "blowing yourself apart", and can do little else other than say "i know".

Thankfully i heard you when i shut up for a minute.

If you could see my face, not the faceless zillions you have supported on your way, my face. The change over the years, the continual bombardment of "i have got to be a better man".....when will that ever end eh?.......

I took a picture on my phone of the sun rising this morning on our early morning walk in my dear ole Blighty.

I want you to think long and hard about this one, why do you think that beautiful sight, with my beautiful dog, on a beautiful walk made me think of you from across a whole ocean?

It was because i thought, "you are a better man than you think you are".

It is not up to you, it is up to those you love and support. It is up to those whom have a chance to grab a slice of you to determine what you are my friend. That has now just given me the outright....right....to feel about you any..way...i....want... Mr.

And i love you. Not only for who you are, yet what you have empowered me to become.

How you feel about yourself?

Hmmmm.

If i was you, i would be proud as punch.

One User Says Thank You to Tryntryagain For This Useful Post:
Thank You (10-04-2016)
Unread 10-05-2016, 07:59 AM   #62
R. Lee

You are too kind Tryn. Thanks for being there for me.
One User Says Thank You to R. Lee For This Useful Post:
Thank You (10-08-2016)
Unread 10-08-2016, 06:07 AM   #63
Tryntryagain

Good morning my dear R Lee. Bright blessings to you.

The way it works for me is,.....

"you were there for me, i was there for someone else, they therefore could be there for someone else........." and so it goes on.

We pass love around like "pass the parcel". And those that need the love at that time....open the parcel. Takes the love they need, gets stronger, wraps up new love, and so "pass the parcel" starts all over again.

As a fellow that grew up with no Mother or Father, how extraordinary it is now that in my heart, my mind and my soul i now have an American Dad and an American Mum.

Now i know your boy is safe from the hurricane i can tell you, your "Son by proxy" also has to contend with dodgy weather in dear ole Blighty to. Make no mistake.

Only this morning i had to put my hood up.

So in conclusion.....thanks for being there for you?......

If it was not for you and my dear brother Saint, i wouldn't be here at all.

You don't believe me do you? Let me tell you, the very first letter i wrote here, i was weeks, maybe months away from death. End of.

Think on that Mr.

Now you have, you simply must start allowing through your humbleness, the utter pure love others have for you, and the esteem, which you have worked so very hard for, that all hold you in.

It is real. It came from you. When we feel insecure what i am trying to share is hard to accept. That acceptance however, is the way forward. You have built foundations for many, after doing so for yourself.

Isn't it strange how we can empower others to build foundations from our own experience and wisdom, yet we are still fearful of stepping on our own foundations....just incase they are not as strong as we thought.

You can tap dance on yours my dear, dear R Lee.

Believe that in yourself.

One User Says Thank You to Tryntryagain For This Useful Post:
Thank You (10-08-2016)