Addiction Survivors

Notices

Unread 02-04-2010, 05:53 PM   #1
screws98

Default Suboxone gave me my Libido back

Hi im a ex heroin and methadone user now on Suboxone. I am on 12mgs of subox and 25mg of lamotrigine daily. Ever since I got on Subox my libido has returned with a vengeance!! Well compared to what it used to be when I was a heroin addict/ methadone maintenance client . Its kinda a shock to wake up with (excuse me ladies!!) morning wood after 15 years of NO SEX. Thank God for Suboxone!!!
screws98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-04-2010, 06:08 PM   #2
OhioMike

Thumbs up

Well Screw, your going to find that your renewed screwing is in the minority here.

Most of those on Sub complain that it kills their sex life.

I however am in the minority with you, mine also returned in a big, big way!

Enjoy!

...........& welcome to the site!

Mike
Thank You (02-04-2010)
Unread 02-04-2010, 07:27 PM   #3
screws98

Thanks Mike!!!! and by the way my name screws98 doesn't have anything to do with sex lol I have a huge tattoo of a bent wood screw on my arm that I designed years ago......thank you for the welcome!!! Everyone seems so nice and friendly here!
screws98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-04-2010, 09:59 PM   #4
OhioMike

oh I didn't think your name had anything to do with sex, but, I couldn't pass it up! lol

Yeah this is a pretty good site, good factual educational info and a bunch of folks who really strive to help each other.

Watchout for NancyB though!

.......& if you see Edward walking down the hall, run and hide! lol

Mike
Unread 02-05-2010, 07:24 AM   #5
murphyluvnlife

I am glad you got your mojoi back! I am the opposite! I just wanted to welcome you to AD
murphyluvnlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-06-2010, 07:54 PM   #6
CATMOM1972

Default I wish I could say the same

Ever since I have been on Suboxone my libido has taken a long vacation. I feel no urges..nothing. My hubby does not understand this and thinks I am no longer interested. I have been feeling like this for over a year. Is this normal?
CATMOM1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-07-2010, 07:22 AM   #7
NancyB
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CATMOM1972 View Post
Ever since I have been on Suboxone my libido has taken a long vacation. I feel no urges..nothing. My hubby does not understand this and thinks I am no longer interested. I have been feeling like this for over a year. Is this normal?
Hi CATMOM1972, Here's a thread that has a link to other threads in it about loss of libido:
http://www.addictionsurvivors.org/vb...ad.php?t=23164

What dose did you start at and what dose are you on now? Many people find that as they lower their dose, their libido comes back.

Hope this helps.

Nancy
Important disclaimer: Any information in this post is not and does not constitute medical advice under any circumstances. Addiction Survivors, Inc. does not warranty or guarantee the accurateness, completeness, adequacy or currency of the information contained in or linked to the Site. Your use of information on the Site or materials linked to the Site is entirely at your own risk. NEVER take any online advice over that of a qualified healthcare provider. Any information contained on AddictionSurvivors.org should only serve to inspire further investigation with credible, verifiable references sources such as your physician or therapist.
NancyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-07-2010, 09:11 AM   #8
packrat

Hi Screws!

You get to have the best of all worlds! Congratulations on putting your addiction into remission and having your libido. It's like having your cake and eating it, too.

Remember, Suboxone is only part of the recovery process. You need a some form of individual or group therapy, AA/NA or something to help you on your way to recovery!

Best of luck and keep postin'!

-Packrat
Unread 02-26-2010, 09:05 PM   #9
jekmimi

My problem isn't as severe as Catmom's but since my dosage was lowered to 3 half-tabs a day, I'm doing much better in the love department~~~it's hubby (age 61) that isn't interested! To be honest, he never was the "rarin' to go" type; I generally had to start the engine, but he knows I'm ready, willing and able....but he loves to sleep! Oh, well! That's one nice thing about retirement---we always have the afternoon.

When my dosage was much higher, I had nothing, believe me---the cupboard was bare. Now, I feel wonderful and happy; so, I guess it's good enough!
jekmimi is offline   Reply With Quote