Addiction Survivors

Notices

Unread 04-02-2010, 06:45 PM   #1
JRT66

Unhappy Welcome JRT66 - moved from another thread - swelling question

I’ve been on suboxone for a little over a yr with great success. I’m currently on 8 to 12mg a day and recently I’ve had the bottom of my feet swell mainly just the right one around the arch and is worst when I have shoe’s on and is slightly painful. (I’ve had a tremendous amount of stress lately) Has anyone had this as a side effect?
JRT66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-03-2010, 02:50 AM   #2
HumboldtGrown

I would go to the doctor. You may have a continuous injury that you don't notice has happened or is continually happening. I notice on sub that I will hurt myself then not feel it till later.

Anyone know where you can get Europe's dose? That would be great for us who want to get off it! I'm taking .5mg, but literally .25mg will be a tiny crumb! at least it doesn't taste as bad (i remember those huge pills!) taking it them was torture.
HumboldtGrown is offline   Reply With Quote
One User Says Thank You to HumboldtGrown For This Useful Post:
Thank You (04-03-2010)
Unread 04-03-2010, 07:34 AM   #3
NancyB
Administrator

Hi JRT66, welcome. First thing you need to do is to make your dose consistent. Going up and down on your dose like that can cause problems because of the fluctuating levels of medication in your system, especially because of the long halflife of Suboxone. You want to be at the lowest dose that stops your cravings and withdrawals. In my opinion, try staying consistent at 8mg a day and see if that works for you. If you get WDs or cravings then you can think about increasing to either 10 or 12mg.

For the swelling, if you've been taking Suboxone for over a year and the swelling is recent, then definitely see a doctor to be on the safe side. It would be odd to have it related to the Suboxone after so much time without problem.

Let us know how you're doing.

Nancy
Important disclaimer: Any information in this post is not and does not constitute medical advice under any circumstances. Addiction Survivors, Inc. does not warranty or guarantee the accurateness, completeness, adequacy or currency of the information contained in or linked to the Site. Your use of information on the Site or materials linked to the Site is entirely at your own risk. NEVER take any online advice over that of a qualified healthcare provider. Any information contained on AddictionSurvivors.org should only serve to inspire further investigation with credible, verifiable references sources such as your physician or therapist.
NancyB is offline   Reply With Quote
One User Says Thank You to NancyB For This Useful Post:
Thank You (04-03-2010)
Unread 04-03-2010, 07:35 AM   #4
NancyB
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by HumboldtGrown View Post
Anyone know where you can get Europe's dose? That would be great for us who want to get off it! I'm taking .5mg, but literally .25mg will be a tiny crumb! at least it doesn't taste as bad (i remember those huge pills!) taking it them was torture.
Hi HumboldtGrown, unfortunately, those doses are not available here in the states. Maybe some day...

Nancy
Important disclaimer: Any information in this post is not and does not constitute medical advice under any circumstances. Addiction Survivors, Inc. does not warranty or guarantee the accurateness, completeness, adequacy or currency of the information contained in or linked to the Site. Your use of information on the Site or materials linked to the Site is entirely at your own risk. NEVER take any online advice over that of a qualified healthcare provider. Any information contained on AddictionSurvivors.org should only serve to inspire further investigation with credible, verifiable references sources such as your physician or therapist.
NancyB is offline   Reply With Quote