Addiction Survivors

Notices

Unread 06-24-2010, 10:44 PM   #1
jsw6977

Default a for no reason what so ever post!

Hi all,

I just wanted to say hi and give a shout out to everyone! Not a lot going on on this forum lately so I take it everyone is out enjoying the summer heat! Hope all is well with everyone! Sunday will be 17 months sober for me and I plan to go to an AA meeting that day for the first time in over 3 months!! Ugh been way to long and I know I need to get back in the swing of things! Anyway, have a great night and weekend! -Julie
jsw6977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-25-2010, 08:43 AM   #2
mendela

Hi Julie, Congrats, you go girl! Proud of you to read your sobriety. Mike is still struggling to accept the help for him. It seems he will not be part of a long term committment, claims it is a waste to just sit around talking about his alcoholism, he would rather get back into the working inviroment and I guess have his freedom. He was in detox as of Wednesday when I talked with him, however he was upset because he was trying to reach the rehab he was in last year and no one was calling him back. When I called yesterday he wasn't there, so I am not sure until he calls me where he is.
My daughter Lisa had her first day of chemo and it went well so another two days and we should know if it is working. We will be going to Texas in mid July. Keep us all in your prayers as we will everyone in despair. Hugs, Marilyn
mendela is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-25-2010, 08:14 PM   #3
jsw6977

Hi Marilyn,

Thanks so much! When I was doing my rehab the first 30 days I hated it, hated everyone, was mad about having to go to AA meetings, hated everyone telling me what to do, learning about addiction, and so on and so on. Then it just hits you and you start to feel better and things just change. I hope this happens for Mike as well! I always keep you and your family in my thoughts! Keep us posted on your daughter as well. Will she be coming to MD Anderson in Houston? I am in Houston and doing a nicotine study at MD Anderson right now, and those people are AMAZING! Keep me up to date on everything! Thinking of you always! -Julie
Unread 06-26-2010, 01:33 PM   #4
jerryg

Julie,
Way to go! It is so good to hear from people who are living better lives and staying sober. So inspiring. Keep it up, stay true to yourself. I hope you are finding greater peace with life and living it to the fullest, being present and honest. Carry on!
Have a great summer!
Jerry
Important disclaimer: Any information in this post is not and does not constitute medical advice under any circumstances. Addiction Survivors, Inc. does not warranty or guarantee the accurateness, completeness, adequacy or currency of the information contained in or linked to the Site. Your use of information on the Site or materials linked to the Site is entirely at your own risk. NEVER take any online advice over that of a qualified healthcare provider. Any information contained on AddictionSurvivors.org should only serve to inspire further investigation with credible, verifiable references sources such as your physician or therapist.
jerryg is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-26-2010, 03:00 PM   #5
R. Lee

Julie Congratulations on 17 months. You ar working the sane program as me. I need several meetings a week.
R. Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-26-2010, 04:38 PM   #6
jsw6977

Thanks Jerry! You have a fantastic summer as well! I must say I am getting a great tan and I just love the sun and pool! So sun, water, sober = very happy Julie

R. Lee: I agree to needing meetings a few times a week and you are right I need to stick with it before I run into any issues. I changed jobs recently and hours, then moved to a new apartment so I kept telling myself once I get adjusted I will get back into an AA schedule! Well we all know what this mindset can lead too so Thanks for reminding me that I need to get back with the program NOW! Monday it is, no excuses!! Yall have a great weekend! -Julie
Unread 06-28-2010, 04:31 PM   #7
R. Lee

Julie, Keep up the great work, King alcohol is alwayse waiting.

Last edited by R. Lee; 06-28-2010 at 04:34 PM..
R. Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-29-2010, 10:52 AM   #8
mendela

Hi Julie, Lisa has finished her first series of chemo June,23,24,25. She will be going back to MDAnderson on July 14,15,16 for the second series of Chemo. We are arriving at Hobby airport on the 10th of July and staying until July 17th. from New Hampshire. We are nervous about getting a rental car and driving to Brazoria where she is staying then going to Houston on the 14th of July. We may do a trial run from Brazoria to Houston MdAnderson Hospital so we know our way around.

Thank you for your concern and thoughts for us. We will keep in touch. Hugs, Marilyn
mendela is offline   Reply With Quote