Addiction Survivors

Notices

Unread 03-12-2008, 12:41 AM   #1
firefly

Default GONE CRAZY

I HAVE GONE CRAZY!!!!!!!!!!!
MY HUSBAND CALLED ME FROM WROK TODAY AND SAID SOME OF THE GUYS ARE GOING TO HAVE A BIRTHDAY PARTY FOR HIM ON THE 22ND, HE PRETENDED THAT HE CARED TO ASK ME FIRST.WHICH REALLY ALL HE WANTED TO DO IS LET ME KNOW THAT HE WAS GOING TO GET DRUNK!IS IT WRONG TO SAY I DONT WANT A PART IN THIS PARTY AND NOT GO?I KNOW U SHOULD ALWAYS SUPPORT YOUR MAN,EXPECUALLY ON THEIR BIRTHDAY BUT, JUST SO YOU KNOW HE RUINED MY BIRTHDAY LAST YEAR BY GETTING SO DRUNK HE TREATED ME TERRIABLY, AND ONE AT MY PARTY COULD STAND HIM SO EVERYONE LEFT.OH,AND HE DIDNT EVEN GET ME A PRESENT!!!SO, SHOULD I GO?
firefly is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-12-2008, 02:11 AM   #2
killing me

its not easy but you have to be a better person. I am not saying go but just tell him how you feel and try to do it with out being angry. good luck, I dont know if i could do.
killing me is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-12-2008, 02:44 PM   #3
Nadia

firefly,
If you are not comfortable going to this party, tell him. And tell him exactly why.
You do not want to see him drunk, that is would not be a relaxing time for you, and you do not want to be his babysitter that night. Birthday or no birthday, if you don't want to go, tell him calmly why.

Prayers.
Nadia
Nadia is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-12-2008, 07:18 PM   #4
dmp263

I have been faced with the same dilemma over and over again. My husband's sister has a summer trailer that she invites "people" to during the summer. I have never gone because everyone that goes drinks and I refuse to put myself in any situation with my drunk husband, his drunk family and his drunk friends. My boys don't go with him anymore cuz they can't stand all the drinking.

As far as the birthday party, don't go!! Don't acknowledge his birthday. My husband has forgotten and/or has gotten drunk one to many times on my birthday. You can't always do for them and not get anything in return. I don't celebrate my husband's birthday.
dmp263 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-12-2008, 10:46 PM   #5
SLynn

Firefly

You have to be true to yourself. It's his Birthday......he's going to celebrate with or without you. If you need to get it off your chest, tell him how you feel. I personally don't feel right about supporting a cause or situation that I don't believe in. But that's just me. I hope you make a decision that you can feel comfortable with.

SLynn
SLynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-14-2008, 04:01 AM   #6
firefly

thanks for all your support, i think im going to go do something with my mom to get things off of my mind. i will not acknowledge his birthday just as he did mine....
firefly is offline   Reply With Quote