Addiction Survivors

Notices

Unread 03-01-2008, 12:36 PM   #1
kmocnik

Default advice

I am wondering what this sounds like to anyone. My children have seen their father for a total of maybe two hours since last friday. My oldest calls and he doesn't return her calls. It hurts me but in a way it is reality. He came home last night and had been drinking. He had my youngest daugter's friend who is 8 warm up his pizza and he ate olives out of a can with it. Never moved from the chair only to get a beer. My friend was over and we looked up after he was home for one hour and his head was tilted and he had passed out in the chair. I had a housefull of children. I was so ashamed. Would you be ashamed. So he spent the night with the family. He was passed out for most of the evening.
kmocnik is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-01-2008, 09:10 PM   #2
rkjmtc

sorry. When my husband's uncle was here (before they left together) He did the fall down drunk routine to my 13 yr old. Her friend (who has a horrible home life and feels safe here) was over and good ole Uncle Mike comes home so drunk he proceeded to lay in the middle of our living room yelling all night in his passed out stupor scared that poor little girl too death. the girls sat in there room and stayed on the house phone calling my cell all night cuz they didn't want towalk thru the living room to get to me., And yet my husband thought it was ok, and they were being dramatic. My poor daughter has never mentioned it, but her heart broke. She was the one who would write Uncle Mike and truly loved him. Now she can't stand to hear his name. I was very ashamed that I didn't do anything. So I can relate to the feelings you have. Again I am sorry that you are going thru this and I am sorry for your kids. I know i didn't offer any advice, just wanted you to know I understand.

Kim
rkjmtc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-02-2008, 12:59 AM   #3
kmocnik

Thanks for responding. Children should not have to go through this. I went through this when I was younger and I know better. I am trying to get out for the girls.

I went to the store today and was gone for a couple of hours. When I came home my daughter was cooking for her sister and her friend. Their dad went back to sleep when I left for the store. When I came home a couple of hours later my daughter told me he has been sleeping the entire time. I felt horrible. He has been drinking all day today. Tomorrow he has hockey so he won't be home until late again. The week then starts all over.

It is time to I guess seek legal help. I don't want to live like this anymore. We do not speak. Thanks for listening.
kmocnik is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-04-2008, 12:22 PM   #4
sassygirl

the many behaviors of an alcoholic.Try the alanon program.YOU will find love and support and stories just like your own. you are not alone.He is sick.When you look at him imagine the work sick printed on his forehead.It is easier not to take what they say and do so personally.
sassygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-07-2008, 01:39 PM   #5
Soldier

Sometimes you wonder how did it get so bad. I know I do. We do what we have to. We hate feeling this way. There are only so many times we can say if we do nothing maybe it will get better. It never seems to get better. We can only trust in God with his infinite wisdom to show his childeren the way. I have a friend and she told me that God shows us the way. It may not be the way that we would think, but God knows what is the best for us. I pray for all of us that we will see the light and find the right path. I hate feeling alone. I know that some day maybe the kids will understand and our friends will understand. Sometimes I don't know. We have the highs and lows. I guess that is what makes us human. Good luck, peace,love, happiness.
Soldier is offline   Reply With Quote