Addiction Survivors

Notices

Unread 05-06-2017, 03:33 PM   #5401
lostdog

I hope you are ok, and not suffering today, my best wishes and hugs to you today. May it be a peaceful day for you and Rolo.
lostdog is offline   Reply With Quote
One User Says Thank You to lostdog For This Useful Post:
Thank You (05-10-2017)
Unread 05-08-2017, 07:45 AM   #5402
Alexis

Sorry you couldnt get to the hospital Tryn, have you managed to make another appointment?

How was your weekend?

Love you xx
Alexis is offline   Reply With Quote
One User Says Thank You to Alexis For This Useful Post:
Thank You (05-10-2017)
Unread 05-10-2017, 04:27 AM   #5403
Tryntryagain

Good morning everyone. Bright blessings to you all.

My sweetest, dearest Lost Dog and my dearest, gifted Alexis. Thank you. Dear Alexis i expect a new appointment is in the post to me. I received my WCA report yesterday outlining their decision and why they made it. I nearly rang them to make sure they had not sent me the wrong one so little did i recognise myself in their findings! So be it. PIP Friday.

My brothers and sisters, this morning i am going a bit "off topic", please forgive me for it, yet it is important to me that i share this.

My city like all citys has it daily newspaper and yesterday in my city......"100's walk by dead homeless man". A man in his 50's was found dead in the city centre in a doorway. The city starts banging on about the homeless problem.....the politics......"it should never happen".....which is a pile of bollocks because it WILL happen again.....and again.....and again.

HOLD ON A GOD DARN MINUTE............

Today i wish to pay tribute to this "dead homeless man in his "50's".

I have done some work over the years, especially during winter with a small charity that provides food for the homeless. We wander round late at night and give some food and warm clothing and whatnot.

I knew this man. Many knew this man.

His name was Micheal. He was quiet, beautifully friendly and loved to natter about his past and the love he had for his now dead girlfriend. He loved our company as we loved his. He slept in the same doorway every-night and the first time i met Micheal it was -2 and he was deep into his book reading by torchlight. He had only books, a sleeping bag and 1 pair of socks. He never....EVER...took more than he needed. He was not greedy. We used to have to force him to have extra portions, and as for trying to give him new socks....he would say he had 1 pair, save them for the next person.

Yes Micheal was a homeless man, yet he was not "down and out". He was beautiful and compassionate man. Highly intelligent and would not say boo to a goose.

I, and i know of many others who will miss him.

RIP Micheal, you will be sadly missed and never forgotten.

Be peaceful, be healthy and be strong. Loveness to all Micheals friends, Loveness to all.
Tryntryagain is offline   Reply With Quote
3 Users Say Thank You to Tryntryagain For This Useful Post:
Thank You (05-10-2017), Thank You (05-10-2017), Thank You (05-10-2017)
Unread 05-10-2017, 08:01 AM   #5404
R. Lee

Sorry for your loss Tryn.
R. Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
One User Says Thank You to R. Lee For This Useful Post:
Thank You (05-10-2017)
Unread 05-10-2017, 10:03 AM   #5405
lostdog

So sorry to hear Tryn, a special notable tribute to Michael today. His loss was not in vain and may you get a big hug today! I'm very sorry for your loss, my sincere condolences.
Thank You (05-10-2017)
Unread 05-10-2017, 10:09 AM   #5406
Alexis

So sorry Tryn, you and Michael are in my thoughts xxx
Thank You (05-10-2017)
Unread 05-10-2017, 10:28 AM   #5407
Tryntryagain

Good afternoon everyone. Bright blessings to you all.

My dear, dear R Lee, my dearest, sweetest Lost Dog, and my dearest, gifted Alexis thank you.

I should like to stress Micheal was not a personal friend, just a fellow going on with his way as best he could. Our paths crossed, and having lived where he did for so long, many, even those hanging onto their caffeine fixes in the morning would notice Micheal doing is best to sleep now the temperature was rising.

It is just so dreadfully sad. I just wanted to share he was a real asset to society, and to life. Bless him.

Be peaceful, be healthy and be strong. Loveness to all.
Thank You (05-10-2017), Thank You (05-10-2017), Thank You (05-10-2017)
Unread 05-10-2017, 01:11 PM   #5408
Sam Bailey

Hi Andy!

Your sentiments regarding Michael were very clear, in both posts. Thank you for sharing such intimate recollections. In my mind, I can see that sweet soul. He was, as we all are, human...and as a human creature we have a darkness that always tags along with the light in our lives. Thank you for sharing all of that too, all of Michael---in so much as a few sentences can convey any sort of shared truth.

I'm sorry for all those who loveed Michael, yet I hope, pray even, that he has found peace in whatever comes next. In such a place, Michael may well have beat us all to the glory. Remaining behind though, no matter what, comes with a terrible ache.

Tryn'? You told us what you saw in your friend, Michael. I wonder what this man saw in you. I'm not trying to make some larger point, not trying to shovel out some 2-bit piece of philosophy.

We all, each one of us, impacts every person we meet, whether we stumble into them climbing across a bus seat...or whether we share a long wait in a too long line for movie tickets. What do we think of this person? That chap? That gal? What does she/he/they think of us?

Is it even important?

Yes, it is---I think it's enormously important.

Andy? You made a genuine, positive, lovely connection with another human being. You gave him, little or lot, a piece of you---and he, this lovely man, Michael, gave you something back. He gave you Michael, even if just a peek.

And this Michael, he saw you too. You gave him that. Even if just a peek,

Two generous men nodding hello, saying goodbye.

A wondrous part of life, this connection was.

your friend,

sam
Sam Bailey is offline   Reply With Quote
3 Users Say Thank You to Sam Bailey For This Useful Post:
Thank You (05-10-2017), Thank You (05-10-2017), Thank You (05-11-2017)
Unread 05-10-2017, 08:39 PM   #5409
lostdog

Tryn, you touched his heart and everyone's today by acknowledging Michael and your feelings of overwhelming kindness. May you find peace and gentle sleep this evening.
Thank You (05-11-2017)
Unread 05-11-2017, 05:15 AM   #5410
Tryntryagain

My dearest and most gorgeous Sam, what a quite beautiful letter. There was a time when should tears invade my eyes and take up residence on my cheeks, so i would fill with feelings of foreboding. These days, an older and perhaps a tad wiser Tryn allows them and now feels they are just the purest form of emotion. How your letter empowered me to weep. Thank you.

My sweetest, dearest Lost Dog, Micheal's journey brings into stark reality my own. As Tryn is known for banging on about "how lucky i am"....never will you have a clearer example as to why. I grew up with Micheals life.

It is impossible for the average joe to comprehend yet street life, is alot like yours.

We have our community. Within that community we will find friends and foe alike. Just like average joe. We have good days.....bad days.......we have rows and fights, laughter and tears. We see life....we see death. We see courage and kindness, we see brutality, cowardice and cruelty, just like average joe. We work hard everyday to stay alive, just like average joe. We hurt, we cry, we get depressed, just like the average joe.

I once gave a speech to a shed load of housing providers. In it i said, "we are all homeless, it is just that some of us have got somewhere to live". I left a brief pause as it took a moment to "get that one"....i waited for the reaction i knew would come and it duly did.

As the audience "got their heads round what i meant"....they smiled.

I was waiting for that. I said,

"Only those with somewhere to live will be smiling now"

It hit them like a brick and most looked down at the floor like scolded children. And ****ing right too. It is the whole point. Our segregation of each other has not 1 sinew of worth.

If i wrote to you today and said "it's all gone pear shaped" i am out on me ear......i am writing this from the pavement....i have nowhere to live and nowhere to go......would you think less of me?

Of course you would not....you know me.

If you walked past me in the street and did not know me......would you think less of me?

I do not need the answer to that, i know the answer. THAT is the problem....right there.

Let me put it another way round.

"I knew this chap, lovely guy, died this week far too young".

"Oh how terrible. Tell me about him"

"Ohhh, quiet chap, very academic. Didn't drink or smoke, had a sad journey, yet to his last day full of life. Very popular".

"Oh that is soo, sad. How did he die?"

"He died of a broken heart...Oooo and hypothermia"

"I beg your pardon.....what do you mean?"

"Oh....didn't i tell you?.....he was homeless living on the street"

"Oh...errrr.....right. Probably best then eh?"

"Probably best for whom? Do you think the chap wanted to go to the great big bus shelter in da sky or what? You mean a choice between a doorway or dead, may as well be dead?"

That is obviously a metaphorical conversation. Can anyone here, hand on heart tell me that is a not conversation many could say....and hear?

I do not really know how i ended up at 51 with a home. I really don't. My life is a smudge, a blur. Yet here i am, with my own little home. EVERY single day when i open my eyes, i can not believe it.

(An aside....an extremely poignant aside, Micheal chose to sleep outside a department store, and the displays were "bedrooms". How sweet is that on one hand.....and how sick....on the other. Essentially he was 6ft away from an empty bed in an empty store. Go figure)

I am quite angry to be fair. I am not angry that Micheal died, simply in the manner inwhich he had to leave us. There was no need....no need whatsoever for that. (He had been dead for many, many hours unnoticed). I do not blame any single individual, any single agency/provider or government....it is on all of us, our society's, our cultures to recognise each others needs and struggles and to support each other for the benefit of all of us. My country has the chronic disease of class, hierarchy, that other country's lap up with glee. The reality is a hugely divided society with very few haves, and a majority of have nots.

That is why Micheal died in the way he did.

It makes my resolve stronger, my focus utterly clear, and the engines of my love for my fellow man and woman are revving, so they are.

Sope, Tryn shall use the step ladders to get orff his soapbox!.....it is 9.30am in my dear ole Blighty. I have an assessment tomorrow afternoon, i reckon folks that go through this start physically shaking about 2-3 days beforehand......boy it is scary stuff.

I have done the right thing. I put in an extra session with dear Milan. I am now more in touch with myself....by myself. So when i feel fear, i ask for help. Fear is my trigger....for everything. I have felt more insecure, more "staccato" with my feelings. Flitting like a busy bee trying to find the right place inside of me to land. Buzzing can turn into panic which turns into fear.

So we agree together that there is nothing i can do to stop these feelings. Honestly...if you are frightened......even if you have no idea what of.....(fear has a habit of doing that).......tell someone. You do not have to launch into Tryn territory and talk the hind legs off a dog....simply say....."i am frightened". There is no "why". No need to evidence base it, no need to prove it....it is what it is. Its a feeling. A horrible, horrible feeling. Still a feeling though.

So me being me, i wait for my Tuesday appointment, my mind awash about how i can describe how i am feeling. I just do not know where to start.

My skype phone starts ringing on the screen....here we go......

"Hello my dear Milan!!!"

"Hello my dear Andy!!"

He has quite the most wonderful "accent", his English extremely good, yet the tint makes me warm to him.

I look straight at him and say,

"I'm frightened Milan"

"Oh really? You are sitting right forward. Can you just sit back in your chair? That is better......we have some space. Don't say anything. I want you to feel what you have just told me"

I shut my eyes, and it felt like going to the spare room we all chuck the stuff we don't know where to put, or don't want to chuck out....the creaking door opens.....and my gosh, festering fear is the stench.

That is all it is. A bad ****ing smell.

I am not talking "just being missed getting hit by a bus fear".....i am talking...."i can't do this" fear.

You can. You really can.

The dear ole fella is begin to stumble to a complete stop these days. I can see him trying balance. It is almost as if he's worked out for the first time in his long life he infacts has 4 legs and 4 paws, so much does he recognises how he needs the lot right now. He stops sometimes and looks at his own front legs, sometimes trys to turn round to look at his behind is if he is trying to work out why they are "not working like what they used to innit". He is not unwell. He is gorgeous and snoozing his handsome self away. I will look after him.

I had a meeting with the community chap again on Tuesday, and all is tickety boo and moving forward. Meeting next Tuesday, the replys from the survey/leafleting are so, so, so very exciting, (and really lovely to) my health was nattered about, (the meeting was at my home), and i feel incredibly understood and supported.

Not quite sure if i have mentioned this before, while i remember i must tell you......

I am a very, very lucky man!

Have a wonderful day.

Thank You (05-11-2017), Thank You (05-11-2017), Thank You (05-11-2017)
Unread 05-11-2017, 06:55 AM   #5411
Alexis

Hello Tryn, i agree with all you say about homelessness. Greater Manchester has a new mayor, Andy Burnham (i voted for him) and he is donated 15% of his salary each month, to Crisis, the homeless charity. Pretty good i thought. It is encouraging others to talk about the absolute crisis we have here in Manchester with homelessness, it is terrible. Plus add to that the Spice (the legal high) epidemic, people are dying because of it. Have you got the drug Spice in Bristol? I think its a Manchester thing. Even mini documentary has been made on it.

https://www.vice.com/en_uk/article/spice-boys

I know alot of these lads from working on the soup kitchen.

Anyway, i hope you are Rolo can relax today and be happy xx
Thank You (05-14-2017)
Unread 05-11-2017, 03:20 PM   #5412
lostdog

Take care today, I don't know what to write today.
Thank You (05-14-2017)
Unread 05-14-2017, 06:49 AM   #5413
soapdish

Wishing you a special day Tryn. It's mother's day here in Italy and so I thought of you.
I think of how you are there, with origins here and I am here with origins there.
It's funny how life always turns out to be a small world, despite the vastness of our planet. I mean how we find things in common even though there's a sea or ocean between us. A family, like you always say.

So just my Sunday reflections Tryn

Un abbraccio forte - big hug
Xxxxxx
soapdish is offline   Reply With Quote
2 Users Say Thank You to soapdish For This Useful Post:
Thank You (05-14-2017), Thank You (05-14-2017)
Unread 05-14-2017, 01:11 PM   #5414
Tryntryagain

My dearest, gifted Alexis, i know all too well Re "spice"....it has ruined the chance of Jakey boys rehab in prison. I do not even know his name now. My sweetest, dearest Lost Dog, seeing your name is all the letter i need and my dearest Italiano Soapdish......Mothers day eh?

My everything dear R Lee is seeing his Mother today. A more dutiful man you would be hard pushed to find. His duty comes from love in my opinion. So he also recognises i do not have a Mother.

Well....i must have had one once....and so i did. I have no idea to this day what she looked like, as my experience was so young, my upbringing that of privilege......there was never any "need" to meet your Mother. If i did, it was for punishment and "goodnights".

My very wealthy Father at the time went away on business alot....THAT was a chance to sneak up on my Mother. She was a raging alcoholic, and when my Father was away...i was allowed to pour her drink. The bit that was left....i drank. I used to stand on a chair in the kitchen....dragged over to the fridge with my own fair hands.......to get my Mothers beer....and pour it for her. I felt as tall as i really was on that chair.

I would walk for seemingly "ages" to bring it to her, so large was our "pad"....and at first she would touch my face and ask me "who are you?".....then i thought we "were talking". She was brilliant on the piano, so i would say...."listen...listen....listen to this".....i would play something and she would become so very.....very angry. The piano stool was way, way bigger than me....and it took "panache" for a little'un like me to hop....skip and jump to land on it so i could play. Getting off it took holding the piano keys infront of me and letting myself down.

I suppose my mother was about 30ft away. She kept shouting..."shut up....shut up....shut up"....i didn't really know her so felt a tad "iffy" so thought i best get off the piano stool and make haste my escape. I slipped off the stool...cracked my head on the way down....i lay on the floor, and i suppose i must have been knocked out some as the next thing i knew was my Mother standing over me.....raging at me....spit coming from her mouth while she was punching me and an au pair girl trying to calm her down. She punched the au pair girl, (whom i adored), and i curled up as tight as i could under the piano stool. I got away with that one.

Mothers day.

Hmmmm.......

Folk have said to me on my journey..."oohh....it must be terrible not having a mum, a dad, a family"....especially at Christmas.

Bollocks. Depends what family you got.

So i got no mum.......i have a 1000 Mothers. Let me tell you about a few.

I once told you a tale of when i went to bed under a tree as boy, and woke up a man. That tree was my Mother. When i was young and thought if you smoked a cigarette....it would help you keep warm.......so i slept.....how can i describe this?......you know huge car parks.......and when you come out of them from say the 6th floor, you follow the "exit" and the road goes round, round, and round, and round?.......there are lights on the way down, i have slept under them thinking they would keep me warm. Those lights.....were my Mother.

I have walked down totally bleak dark country lanes at 4am......shitting myself....of what?.......the dark.......just fear itself. I walk a few steps further and the moon....as clear as any summers day sun....pops out from behind the firs, and i realise i am coming out of the woods, the moon lighting my way.....there was my Mother....right there.

I was about 14 this time round, the next time i met my Mother.

I had been on the street for a good couple of years now....cocky little shit......thought i knew it all. 1 night i was at Charing Cross rd Station in London, blagging and making food. I got to cocky, far to cocky, and was set upon and given a hiding to this day i will never forget.

What i can remember is realising my mouth did not work....i could not speak.....lying in a really weird position, and soaked in my own blood. I felt no pain whatsoever. None at all. To this day, if you had just let me go to sleep then, i would still be snoozin' like a gooden.

This is what i heard.

"Hello little'un.....what's happened here then hey? Stay with me. I can help. Don't try to speak. Let's just get you comfy"

That paramedic was my Mother.....right there.

Well i did a couple of weeks in hospital for the outcome and the paramedic came back to see me in hospital. He got me put into a childrens home in Hammersmith in West London. I did nearly 3 months there. He did that. He was my Mother.

I wonder what ever happened to him.

My ole soul mate Gruff....(Gareth) who had his head taken off by an axe.......he was my Mother.

1 day, we are on our travels.....happen to be on Portugal.......we live in Devon in England.....so "know the sea".........yeah right.......

So Tryn then was drinking to purgery, knew a South African who owned a bar.....so offski i wentii. It was about 2am, i was absolutely bollockeds.....been playing the piano all night and thought it would be a cracking idea to "have a dip".

Portugal's coast is not to be messed with.....well i didn't know that. What an experience.

The ocean so strong.....steps down to ocean about...hmmm...200 yrds apart........and i thought it would be really, really clever to see if i could run....while the swell was going out.....to see if i could make it....before the waves crashed back into the wall.

Off i went.

I did not make it. The wave came over the top of me....hit the wall....and dragged me back out with it.

No problem.....until i realise how far i have been dragged out. ****ing 200 yrds.

OH SHIT!!!!!!

Behind me i can hear this enormous swell, and i know if i do not make that 200 yards....i am done for.

I SCREAM........GRUFFFFFF!!!!!! ........i see him running along the top of the wall taking his clothes off to come and save me.....just about to throw himself into an angry sea...........too late....i'm gone....

I run, which is not easy drunk...or 200 yrds out on sand that is laughing, and the wave that previously came over my head and dragged me out to my death now landed BEHIND me and launched me like a projectile into safety. I slammed into the wall.....gasping for breath.....and with Gruffs feet just wet, he pulled me back up the steps and sat with me.

When his life was taken from him, i learnt he could not swim.

He was my Mother.

The Great Man Larry, he was the Mother of them all.

Yes it is Mothers day.

Mothers day is love, unconditional love. When you fall, when you grasp at something you know is not there.....and it is.......so that is where my Mother has always been.

I so wish i knew my own Mother. However, it has meant i have known so many other Mothers. I am not Motherless. Indeed i have been accused of "mothering folk" for goodness sake.

I like mothering, i like mothers day, for me, the meaning, unfortunately does not have a face. It is very difficult to remember what someone looks like if you were young, and on the ground.

I know what it means though.

When i am struggling with my breathing.....i wobble and try to sigh.....Rolo comes to my side and comforts me. I have his love, and have got more....ohhhh....more Mothers than you can shake a stick at.

Would be nice to have me own though. Grant you that.

Mothers day in Italy is when they historically get rid of the "deadwood".....indeedy..... and give "disrespecting Mum" as the reason. For sure, the Italians are brutal, yet at least you know what date it is all going to happen!

Hey what dearest Soapdish.......keep yer head down today....don't answer da phone.....and certainly don't order any pizza.

A Mother does not judge, she guides and loves.

Have i done any good in pretending i am not missing mine?

Addiction Survivors is my Mother.

Happy Mothers day.

2 Users Say Thank You to Tryntryagain For This Useful Post:
Thank You (05-14-2017), Thank You (05-14-2017)
Unread 05-14-2017, 05:55 PM   #5415
lostdog

Hi Tryn, may you have a nice day today, thank you for all the Mother's day wishes and tributes. I'm glad you have a lot of moms, because they are glad they have you.
2 Users Say Thank You to lostdog For This Useful Post:
Thank You (05-14-2017), Thank You (05-19-2017)
Unread 05-16-2017, 03:38 PM   #5416
Alexis

Tryn, how are you? Thanks for your support xx
Thank You (05-19-2017)
Unread 05-19-2017, 08:29 AM   #5417
Tryntryagain

My sweetest, dearest Lost Dog and my dearest, gifted orff on her travels Alexis, thank you both.

Yes indeed, a Mother exists on every breeze and is the smell of every flower.

There is much going on in the family for you all individually. Lost Dog the letter you wrote to our dear Alexis around drink, and your thoughts around that, the most comprehensively well written from experience piece i think i have ever read.

Today i would like to share 2 poems.

The first has come to me for the "Sisters" i have in the family. The second when i talk of ships, and oceans and captains.....i suppose the 2nd one refers to me as it could to us all.

"Hope is a thing with Feathers" by Emily Dickinson.

Hope is a thing with feathers
That perches in the soul,
And sings the tunes without the words,
And never stops at all.

And the sweetest in the gale is heard;
And sore must be the storm
That could abash the little bird
That kept so many warm.

I've heard it in the chillest land,
And on the strangest sea;
Yet, never, in eternity,
It asked a crumb of me.

.....And for all those struggling to be the Captains of their ship right now?

"Invictus" by William Ernest Henley.

Out of the night that covers me
Black as the pit from pole to pole,
I thank whatever gods maybe
For my unconquerable soul.

In the fell clutch of circumstance
I have not winced nor cried aloud.
Under the bludgeonings of chance
My head is bloody, but unbowed.

Beyond this place of wrath and tears
Looms the horror of the shade.
And yet the menace of the years
Finds, and shall find me unafraid.

It matters not how strait the gait,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate,
I am the Captain of my soul.

Unread 05-19-2017, 10:26 AM   #5418
lostdog

Thanks Tryn for your nice complement. I like your poems. They are gentle and soothing.
Thank You (05-20-2017)
Unread 05-19-2017, 12:20 PM   #5419
soapdish

Hi there,
Very fitting poems.
Great choice.
Thanks for sharing them Tryn.

Have a good weekend
Xoxo
soapdish is offline   Reply With Quote
One User Says Thank You to soapdish For This Useful Post:
Thank You (05-20-2017)
Unread 05-19-2017, 01:16 PM   #5420
Millie

Thank you for the poems. I love the Dickinson one so much. (I love her in general, of course.)

I used to volunteer at a hospice, and one gal had a painting of a bird in her room, with the inscription, "Hope is the thing with feathers" -- not the whole poem, just that. It was beautiful, and I hope I never forget about it.

Thanks again, and I hope you're having a good day. Please skritch Rolo for me. <3
Millie is offline   Reply With Quote
2 Users Say Thank You to Millie For This Useful Post:
Thank You (05-30-2017), Thank You (05-20-2017)
Unread 05-19-2017, 03:33 PM   #5421
R. Lee

Thanks Tryn. Have a great day.
R. Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
One User Says Thank You to R. Lee For This Useful Post:
Thank You (05-20-2017)
Unread 05-20-2017, 06:12 AM   #5422
Tryntryagain

My dearest, sweetest Lost Dog, my dearest Italiano Soapdish, my dearest Magical Millie and my dear, dear R Lee. Thank YOU......all.

I thought i would share where i am at at the moment as it might save my going completely bon kers right nmow!

It is 10am in my dear ole Blighty....and YET AGAIN.....thump...thump....thump upstairs. It is relentless....all day long, all night long. I have written to our landlords, no response. I am trying to keep my cool as i recognise things are difficult with a little one and whatnot, yet it shakes the lampshades, startles Rolo and at times sets him off barking.....i just can't put up with this 24/7 7 days a week. I am having to go out when i really do not want to, and struggle to to avoid losing my temper, and thus causing a scene. It does however feel just a matter of time.

Anyhew, the week has been difficult yet rewarding. All the hard work i did over the bank holdiay weekend gone with all those leaflets is paying dividendes. I have had a couple of meetings, and daily e mail exchanges aroundthe issue, and i have also, having talked on a 1-1 basis with the chap Scott, and the local Vicar bless him, we could all agree there was an issue of alcohol and drugs in the manor, (area) and there was no self help, AA/NA etc. I talked with them about setting up an alcohol and drug self help group which require a smidgen of courage...which after these chats i found.

So i wrote an e mail and "CCed" all the partners, both professional and voluntary that i have been involved with in the last year explaining i was an addict, that i recognised a need in the community for it to be addressed and pathways found suggesting a self help group, hit send, and that went to about 25 people.

Of course none of these folk have seen me under the influence, and many, not even smoking! So i wondered how their perception of me would change.

I sat back.....and waited.

The response was almost immediate, and as heart warming as it was staggering. The first few responses asked my permission if my e mail could be "passed around" basically. I think that is just what i wanted. I now have the local community Police who want to meet up with me to look at ways forward. Handled sensitively and well, this could be an enormous fillip in ways forwards with my little ideas.

I also had a really special exchange and encounter early yesterday morning.

It was cold, still, yet rather murky. The dawn just rising....so half way between the world being asleep, and awake. Our of this murk the first thing i saw was a tiny little dog. A really small thing and it's lead disappeared into the murk. As i followed up the lead came the tallest man i think i have ever seen. A HUGE man, with this tiny, tiny little dog, me with a rather Larger Rolo and i am tiny! What wonderful natural balance.

We stopped and nattered for a long while. The dogs getting on as famously as we were. With myself doing stuff in the community i take every opportunity to "sell people power" where i can!

We started talking community and he started to share his concerns. This guy was utterly massive...i just can't quite tell you quite how tall he was....he also just happened to be black.

So i think...."Awww no.....this poor fellow is going to share about his experience of racism"......he said......

"People can't stop......"

I interrupted him and said.....

"How ****ing tall you are!!?"

I quickly went on to share that we all have our "crosses to bare" and i accepted his cross would take a might longer to "knock up".

We laughed heartily, he lives not far from me and knows where i live. I have invited him in, "anytime" as he has done for me, for a cuppa and a natter as the last thing he said to me when we parted on our way was he could listen to me all day.

Still got that spark folks, still got that spark!

So that was rather lovely.

Health is not good, same old, same old, i have my re-assessment this coming Wednesday, and i am feeling as if i am coping, still moving forward, still learning,. still loving, still wanting, still happening....little ole me.

Always a very, very lucky man.

7 Users Say Thank You to Tryntryagain For This Useful Post:
Thank You (06-06-2017), Thank You (05-20-2017), Thank You (05-20-2017), Thank You (06-24-2017), Thank You (05-20-2017), Thank You (05-20-2017), Thank You (05-20-2017)