Addiction Survivors

Notices

Unread 12-15-2016, 05:50 AM   #1
Okman

Default Chicago area County Care doctor that prescribes Suboxone?

Does anybody know of any doctor that accepts county care insurance in the chicagoland area or western suburbs that can prescribe Suboxone?
Okman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-15-2016, 07:08 AM   #2
NancyB
Administrator

Hi Okman, welcome. Hopefully someone knows of a doctor, but in the meantime have you seen this thread with ways to find a doctor?
http://addictionsurvivors.org/vbulle...ad.php?t=21259

Have you asked someone at the insurance company to help you find a doctor?

Nancy
Important disclaimer: Any information in this post is not and does not constitute medical advice under any circumstances. Addiction Survivors, Inc. does not warranty or guarantee the accurateness, completeness, adequacy or currency of the information contained in or linked to the Site. Your use of information on the Site or materials linked to the Site is entirely at your own risk. NEVER take any online advice over that of a qualified healthcare provider. Any information contained on AddictionSurvivors.org should only serve to inspire further investigation with credible, verifiable references sources such as your physician or therapist.
NancyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-15-2016, 12:14 PM   #3
Okman

Thank you for the welcome. I have called my insurance company and I am basically hitting a brick wall. As of now I am trying to find out who in my area prescribes Suboxone and accepts county care without having to call each doctor and asking if they do both. I saw the same post by somebody years ago on this board with the same issue. From what I understand, County Care won't pay for the Suboxone unless the doctor that prescribes it accepts County Care. I don't know any other way of finding this information unless somebody has it. Thank you for you advice and I will keep looking.
Okman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-15-2016, 01:03 PM   #4
NancyB
Administrator

Hi again, one more thing to try is to ask your pharmacist. They may know of one or a way to find one more quickly. Others here have had success doing that over the years.

Please keep us posted.

Nancy
Important disclaimer: Any information in this post is not and does not constitute medical advice under any circumstances. Addiction Survivors, Inc. does not warranty or guarantee the accurateness, completeness, adequacy or currency of the information contained in or linked to the Site. Your use of information on the Site or materials linked to the Site is entirely at your own risk. NEVER take any online advice over that of a qualified healthcare provider. Any information contained on AddictionSurvivors.org should only serve to inspire further investigation with credible, verifiable references sources such as your physician or therapist.
NancyB is offline   Reply With Quote
One User Says Thank You to NancyB For This Useful Post:
Thank You (12-15-2016)