Addiction Survivors

Notices

Unread 11-21-2012, 03:44 PM   #1
i_b_luda

Default Vertigo anyone?

My doctor thinks I'm crazy for believing that the Subutex is causing this vertigo. I've had it for the last 6 months, whole time i've been in treatment. Some days are better than others but it's always lingering. I'm VERY curious if anyone else has had this issue and if so, what treatment method was used. I'm just convinced its related to the medicine. I am going through a taper and it has decreased some on a lower dose. It has been debilitating. I have been prescribed meclizine but the constipation is killing me and i'm sleeping way too much. My doctor thinks it may be a side effect of depression but if I don't take the meclizine i don't sleep as much and i'm not sad about anything. I've dealt with depression many times my whole life and I know how it feels. My spirits would be higher if I wasn't experiencing that sick vertigo feeling.
i_b_luda is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-21-2012, 05:44 PM   #2
asouth32

I never had vertigo (had to look it up), now if I took my meds while I was sleepy or hadnt eat first thing in the morning, I would get higher than groceries. I mean like a pill buzz, but never had vertigo that I can remember.
asouth32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-30-2013, 12:11 AM   #3
Nativemoon

I know this is an old post but what ended up happening with your vertigo. I feel like I'm dizzy all the time and reading your post made a light bulb go off. It makes sense.
Nativemoon is offline   Reply With Quote