Addiction Survivors

Notices

Unread 02-05-2017, 10:52 AM   #1
My3boyz

Question Please help in va

Hello everyone I am a suboxone pt I've been on it since July 6 2015 and it's saved my life the issue is I have ran out of meds and I'm terribly afraid of relapse I'm on day 5 without and still have 9 days to my appt my doc made it very clear he doesn't do early refills I'm dangerously close to using opiate addiction was my doc I am in full panic mode I've heard of this 3day rule but I'm wondering what if any thing I can do thanks signed terrified in va
My3boyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-05-2017, 01:02 PM   #2
NancyB
Administrator

Hi My3boyz, welcome. Sorry to hear what's going on. Following is a link to the 3-day rule.
https://www.naabt.org/documents/Three-day-rule.pdf

You can try it, it's not for a 3-day prescription, but a 3-day administration of the medication. Do you have a methadone clinic near you that has Suboxone? Do you have a regular doctor who might be able to help you?

One question (of course, you're under no obligation to answer) is why did you run out so soon? Is what you're being prescribed not enough - if so, you really should talk with your doctor about that. If it was stolen, did you file a police report - sometimes that will be help for a doctor to do a refill early.

Otherwise, keeping very busy, exercising, support are some other things that might help as you wait for your next appointment. I wish you the best. Keep us posted.

Nancy
Important disclaimer: Any information in this post is not and does not constitute medical advice under any circumstances. Addiction Survivors, Inc. does not warranty or guarantee the accurateness, completeness, adequacy or currency of the information contained in or linked to the Site. Your use of information on the Site or materials linked to the Site is entirely at your own risk. NEVER take any online advice over that of a qualified healthcare provider. Any information contained on AddictionSurvivors.org should only serve to inspire further investigation with credible, verifiable references sources such as your physician or therapist.
NancyB is offline   Reply With Quote
One User Says Thank You to NancyB For This Useful Post:
Thank You (02-06-2017)