Addiction Survivors

Notices

Unread 04-23-2010, 04:51 AM   #1
sassycass

Question Constipation

OK....hard to say...but it has to be said!!! I've never I mean NEVERRRRRR had this much constipation in my life!!! never had an issue and ever since I've use suboxone its been pain full to the point I feel I need to go to the doctor for something! that's why I stopped taken suboxone then relapsed! and I'm not gonna do this again...be in that much pain or need 80's!! soo I'm taking 6 fiber pills a day..and I've alway ate salads but fiber fiber fiber!! any other advice? because I really need to stay off the pills for my finances and my family.. I know fruit and veggies good and stay off the cheese...but anything else would really help right about now! Thank you!
sassycass is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-23-2010, 06:30 AM   #2
Sub-Zero

There's a whole thread about constipation at the top of this page. It has many ways to deal with it. I was on bupe for 7 years and at high doses much of that time, so contipation was a big problem if i didn't take precautions. For me Miralax (stool softener) and occasional laxative worked.
Sub

link to constipation thread http://www.addictionsurvivors.org/vb...ad.php?t=14755
Sub-Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-23-2010, 09:18 AM   #3
sarah

Hi Sassycass,
Welcome to addiction survivors! Constipation is a well known side effect and the link S-Z gave you has great info in it. You have to pay attention to the constipation and stay ahead of it, or it can be dangerous. Drink plenty of water too.
Sarah
sarah is offline   Reply With Quote