Addiction Survivors

Notices

Unread 04-29-2008, 01:00 AM   #1
wantlifeback

Default day 12 and stil constipated

Sorry to bring this up but it is starting to scare me..For the ones that remember in chat the other nite about my constipation..Well 12 days on sub, and went one time, with an enema..This is starting to scare me..I don't feel like i need to, and it is not like i am trying and can't..Just nothing....
What do ya'll think..When on lortabs i stayed on immodium because i was more that way then constipated.
WLB
wantlifeback is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-29-2008, 01:39 AM   #2
Cally

OK I'm stumped.

Maybe with the combo of lortabs and Imodium your poor body doesn't know how to "go" anymore.

The water, prune juice, prunes, fiber and more water every day won't take effect right away. The anti-constipation diet must be done every day without fail.

People get relief when their dose is lowered and just plain '‘ole time.

In chat I remember the suggestion that you see a GP. Maybe you should get to a doctor.

Don't get frightened. This is a confusing time to begin with, you don't need to add anything to you list. Constipation is VERY common. You have not developed a new symptom that no one has ever heard of.
Cally is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-29-2008, 01:42 AM   #3
OhioMike

Fiber, fiber and more fiber. That helped me. there are some good things which members have shared, search the topic and you should find them. If not, ask Nancy!

By the way, what is your daily Sub dose?

Mike
OhioMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-29-2008, 01:44 AM   #4
phone

Maybe you can call your doc and have them call you in a prescription for Glyco lex, it's a stimulant powder for constipation. I was using it this past year for drug-induced constipation and it never failed to work within a couple days. I agree with Cally, it's time to call your doc or go in.
Good luck.
phone is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-29-2008, 01:45 AM   #5
spoint1
Way Cool Member

wantlifeback: it WILL happen! I don't know what you learned in chat, but cally has mentioned good things.
LOTS of water - at least 8 eight ounce glasses a day. Make sure you get fiber - fresh veggies and fruits work great - apples with peels, the citrus fruits (not the juice). Oatmeal is full of fiber & good for you too. Miralax is a great laxative that is over the counter now - follow the directions.
If you are really afraid, call your doc & let him/her know.
Good Luck!
spoint1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-29-2008, 01:48 AM   #6
Stacey

Glycolax is over the counter now as Miralax.

I think you need to talk to your doctor. Personally, I'd try everything under the sun before i'd go in. Oil retention enema for starters, warm prune juice with milk of magnesia in it, magnesium citrate drinks......cracklin oat bran cereal for a few days in a row. Dulcolax suppositories. Anything. I know you've tried lot's of stuff, but these are the 'big guns' I'd try on myself if it were me. (I'm a nurse, BTW)

Stacey

Stacey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-29-2008, 01:51 AM   #7
OhioMike

Listen to Stacey, if anyone knows what it feels like to be full of s**t, it's her!

Mike
Unread 04-29-2008, 01:52 AM   #8
Stacey

DOH!!! Very funny....
Unread 04-29-2008, 01:55 AM   #9
OhioMike

hahaha ............ I had to joke with someone I knew could take it!

Luv ya!
Unread 04-29-2008, 01:58 AM   #10
wantlifeback

LOL, thanks ...this has gotten me stumped...the last few nites i have taken 3 ducolax, purchased the fiber powder and put it in my 8 glasses of water, cerale, havn't tried the fruit...And then 2 enemas, the old time big bags...
My low back is killing me, but not my stomach and i am not cramping...just weird..But glad it is common on sub..
But just went to walgreens and got the liquid citrate mag, that i hate, from all the scopes i have had done...So if this doesn't work, i will have to do something...I think 2 weeks is long..
But stacy since u know your s**t , I may wait it out...LOL
thanks guys, i will let u know
WLB
Unread 04-29-2008, 02:00 AM   #11
wantlifeback

mike my dose is varying everyday but not by alot, i am in between 12-16...I am nodding off, so thought to drop it, but then i get chills and sweats..Gosh i hope i am not one of those that can't take this med...GOD this has to work...shall see
Unread 04-29-2008, 02:01 AM   #12
Stacey

I'm not suggesting you wait it out...I'm just saying I wouldn't go in unless I tried the above for a couple days in a row. Yes, I know my sh!t.
Unread 04-29-2008, 02:05 AM   #13
Cally

WLB,

Stacey knows her s***. Don't forget to give us a P.U. on your S****Y condition.

This is like hitting yourself over the head with a hammer, you are going to feel great when it stops.
Unread 04-29-2008, 02:26 AM   #14
OhioMike

"3 ducolax"

LOL ....... I use to take 5

Listen, if nothing helps, do speak with your doctor.

And speaking of poop...........

Constipation
anal impaction
apathy of the anal sphincter
bound (Newfoundland)
bound up (Newfoundland)
bunged-up dinglebungus
can't get the train out of the tunnel (contributed by A.J.)
clogged up (contributed by Mary S.)
colon congestion (contributed by Big Will)
constipation
constipation proclamation (contributed by Abeoww99)
corked (contributed by ShaftyBL0W)
dry heaves of the anus
far-from-poopin ("German" - contributed by Clay S.)
full of s**t
ghost poopie (contributed by Abeoww99)
having one stuck sideways (contributed by Jesse B.)
having two Thanksgiving dinners (contributed by Big Will)
hung chow (contributed by Porchdance)
irregularity
log jam (contributed by Mary S.)
plugged up
pop-a-vein in the forehead poopy (contributed by Mary S.)
rectal congestion
redwoods (contributed by Mary S.)
the strains
stuck up

OR............

Poopy, poopy in my pants,
Please, oh please, I need another chance!
Poopy poopy in my bum,
Musta been the juicy plums!
When I think about it
I really gotta shout it
POOP!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hmmm ............ OK ...........

Poop, poop, stinky and brown,
The more I sniff, the more I frown,
The more I crap the more I smile,
So let's take craps all the while!

Mike
Unread 04-29-2008, 02:39 AM   #15
lisamj612

1/4 tablespon and some emsom salt did it for me after i9 days of not going
Have you tried that yet?
lisamj612 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-29-2008, 02:59 AM   #16
Cally

Mike,

I have not laughed so hard in my life.

WLF

As you can see, you don't have a monopoly with constipation. I'll will bet there are people reading this thinking 12 days is that all, what a lightweight".
Unread 04-29-2008, 03:03 AM   #17
Cally

To add to your collection:

Prunes, prunes the musical fruit
The more you eat
The more you toot
The more you toot
The better you feel
So eat your prunes at every meal
Unread 04-29-2008, 07:43 AM   #18
wantlifeback

It is 3 30 in the morning, woke up thinking ,this is it...NOPE!!!!
Then came read on here, Mike i laughed so much, that i think i may have popped a vien in the forehead poppy!!! LMAO
thanks for the laugh
WLB
Unread 04-29-2008, 10:23 AM   #19
Stacey

WLB

Are you going to try some of the things I suggested?? Get busy Girl or you'll be getting disimpacted in the ER!!! You don't want that....

Stace
Unread 04-29-2008, 10:57 AM   #20
OhioMike

WLB,

LOL .............. We do understand and we know it really is not funny, but, I'm glad you laughed some. Please continue to try the suggestions, you never know which might be the one to help you. This was my worse side effect and even today when I have to dose with Sub for pain, it comes back to haunt me.

I hope a passing comes your way soon.

Mike
Unread 04-29-2008, 11:57 AM   #21
wantlifeback

stacy---What is uninpacted??
After i bring the kids to school, i am going get milk of magnisiam, And Prunes, that is the only thing i have not done...I ate two bowls of cerale this morning, and finished my second bottle of citrate magnesiam....
I didn't take my sub this mornging..And i don't think i will...My back is hurting, and stomach is feeling terrible...I went back to my calender today is day 14 with no bowel movement...Except for some dark water with first enama( sorry i am not trying to be gross) and my second enema yesterday was as clear as the water i put in the bag and that is what is scaring me..I see alot of number that read the forum but don' t post..Please if this has happend to yu the day you got on sub let me know..Getting off of sub is and was not my plan, and i am so upset..
WLB
Unread 04-29-2008, 12:04 PM   #22
Stacey

WLB

Get the oil retentin enemas. Disimpacted means to removed impacted poo. It's done manually...need I say more??

If you get no relief today you'll have no choice but to see your doctor. At least call today and get an appointment scheduled. You can always cancel if you don't need it.

Stacey
Unread 04-29-2008, 12:14 PM   #23
wantlifeback

stacy
i know what you mean..lol, i had that done a few times in the spec office , not because of constipation , but because i had to go in surgery with no time to go...It was like a vacuum cleaner..lol
I am 39, and when i was about 18 i started having problems, from there i had 6 colon surgeries...But nothing ever major..Fistulas,hemmoriods,abcess.plyops
But it has been 7 yrs of clean health with that..I will call today, and hopefully he can get me in...
Any idea of when i will have sub w/d's?
Unread 04-29-2008, 12:44 PM   #24
werdna

WANTLIFE, PLEASE GO TO THE PHARMACY AND BUY ACIDPHILIUS. IT IS THE NATURAL BACTERIA THAT LIVES IN OUR INTESTINES. YOU TAKE ONE DAY, PROMISE YOU IN A FEW DAYS ALL WILL BE WELL
werdna is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-29-2008, 01:33 PM   #25
wantlifeback

werdna
Ok i am on it..And i got the prunes..Called and he cannot take me for like 2 weeks..ok by then i will not be here..Gosh, i really don't want to go to the ER and tell them i am on bup, maybe because i just read Michelles story when she had Zoey.....
Obvisiouly this med is not for me, and i could just cry right now..I took my last dose at about 4 yesterday afternoon...SO can someone tell me when i will start feeling something?
i was taking about 14mg..I am hoping if i just skip a couple days i will go to the bathroom? then wean off from there.
IDK
Unread 04-29-2008, 01:39 PM   #26
Stacey

WLB

I don't think you should give up on bupe at all. You just need to find a regeime that works for you. I don't think not taking it for a couple days will make that much different as far as the constipation because of the long half life of the bupe. You may not feel WD's today or tomorrow. You never know with each person. If you have to go to the ER then go. They see everything under the sun there and your situation is different than Michelle's as there was a child involved. DO WHAT YOU HAVE TO DO BUT STAY ON THE MED UNTIL ALL OPTIONS ARE EXAUSTED!!

Stacey
Unread 04-29-2008, 01:39 PM   #27
Hope4Help

Hey Werda, your tip worked for me. I know there is a yogurt with Acidphilius, but I hate yogurt. I was pleased to find Kraft also makes a cheese that contains the bacteria. It is called LiveActive and the bag has 7 individual servings. I bought some over the weekend and ate the cheese on a triscuit. It was a nice little treat and it did the trick in two days. Yippee!!!

Hope4Help is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-29-2008, 03:47 PM   #28
wantlifeback

FINALLY!!! i wish i could say what did it, but out of everything i have taken there is no way to pin point..lol..So if anyone reading is having trouble, don't give up, take everything...
Thanks to everyone
Unread 04-29-2008, 03:53 PM   #29
werdna

Hope and WantThank god some one listned to me. I have been reading all these silly remedies or infomercials on here. Go to webstes and buy this and stand on your head and do this. Acidphilius is the live bacteria that is klilled off by the opiate. What is suprising to me is that you all should have been constipated from abusing opiates. I guess not everyone, but the side effect of sub is no different than oxy.

The acidiphilus is cheap, one a day pill that restores your bacteria to the natural levels. I am glad someone got help with it. And yes it is in many food products today from cheese to yogurt.

Sing it from the highest mountain!
werdna is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-29-2008, 03:59 PM   #30
Stacey

WLB

Yeah!!!
Unread 04-29-2008, 04:13 PM   #31
wantlifeback

werda---That is what i have been thinking..that i should of been constipated on 20 lortabs a day..But not the case for me..I mean maybe once in a while but never in 3 yrs did i not go for that many days....
That is very strange..
well i will stick to the acidiphilus, and also fiber, and surfax, and hope this never happens again!
Unread 04-29-2008, 06:06 PM   #32
OhioMike

WLB, I was taking massive amounts of vicodin and I too should have had problems, but, I really didn't. We are not the only ones, so, it clearly has something to do with Suboxone. IMO

I had several side effects from Suboxone, one of which has not been shared by any others here, but, this one is the one I had a hard time dealing with. Keep after it, we each seem to find something or some combination of things which work or at least make it workable.

And if you need anymore poop jokes, songs or cartoons, just ask, cause I'm full of it.

Mike
Unread 04-29-2008, 08:04 PM   #33
NancyB
Administrator

I'm so glad it finally happened!

Nancy
NancyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-29-2008, 09:29 PM   #34
wantlifeback

MIKE-
Since you have had a problem with the constipation thing, Did u keep taking all this stuff i am taking, or did it just balance out?
I can't stand to drink that citrate mag...but i will if need be.
AIMEE
Unread 04-29-2008, 10:27 PM   #35
kashka
Banned

Hi WLB - the magnesium citrate you can buy flavoured - Ican't stomach it plain either. It's called natural calm and comes in raspberry/lemon or just plain lemon. I like the raspberry/lemon. I think over there you should be able to get it easily in big health food stores. I use it but have to get it from the US.
Susan (p.s. hooray for you - I know how it feels!!!!)
kashka is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-06-2008, 05:14 AM   #36
Cally

Bump
Unread 06-06-2008, 07:13 AM   #37
scootergalp

Yeah I also use the Raspberry lemon natural calm and it seems to work for me. I don't go everyday yet,but pretty much every other day. I've been on sub for almost 2 months now.

I was taking 80-100 vicodin a day when I was using. And I had a BM just about everyday like clockwork. It got to a point towards the end of my using that I was able to go at night too a lot.
scootergalp is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-07-2008, 04:41 AM   #38
toomuchliss

the constipation seems worse than when i was on methadone. my poop is like rocks. I took 2 correctol and then 3 correctol and I gave myslf an enema, with very little results. that magnesium citrate will work but it plays havoc with your electolytes. I suffer from inappropriate ADH syndrom. I produce too much urine and it causes me to have hypernatremia. My sodium is alway too low. I had to be rehydrted once in the hospital after drinking a 6pak. I felt weak and tired and had a blood draw, they called me later that evening and told me to get to an ER and I ate lots of pretzels thinking that would raise my sodium. when I went to the hospital my Na was so low ( normal is 135) that they put me on Ivs to rehydrate me. They would not release me til I hit 135 . I was 123 and they say if it goes lower than 120 you can have seizures. I have eaten a ton of fiber and hope that i have to go in the am. this is crazy!Rachel
toomuchliss is offline   Reply With Quote