Addiction Survivors

Notices

Unread 07-04-2012, 07:17 AM   #51
NancyB
Administrator

Hi Mel, I wish you could have just gotten everything over with at the mediation the other day. I'm assuming that the hearing won't be until after the babies are here?

Glad Junior & Missy are doing well! That's a good thing that they're both head down now, no? If they stay that way, would you be able to avoid the C-section?

That stinks that you're grounded now. Does your husband work out of town alot - hopefully not for a while so you have someone there to clean and do errands for you.

I hope you're able to get some decent length of time sleeping instead of wearing that path more to the bathroom with your . bladder.

Maybe you can have a 4th of July picnic inside today since you can't get out.

Rant away! That's what we're here for.

Nancy
Important disclaimer: Any information in this post is not and does not constitute medical advice under any circumstances. Addiction Survivors, Inc. does not warranty or guarantee the accurateness, completeness, adequacy or currency of the information contained in or linked to the Site. Your use of information on the Site or materials linked to the Site is entirely at your own risk. NEVER take any online advice over that of a qualified healthcare provider. Any information contained on AddictionSurvivors.org should only serve to inspire further investigation with credible, verifiable references sources such as your physician or therapist.
NancyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-06-2012, 11:52 AM   #52
deanna

Hiya Mel, sorry to hear you are grounded, I am grounded too, so we will keep each other company glad to hear the babies are doing so great
Unread 07-06-2012, 11:36 PM   #53
vhappy

If I was grounded I would watch BRAVO day and night. Those shows are so ridiculous! Kinda like pee wee herman, can't look, can't look away!
When I am frusterated I get on the housewive blogs...especially the New Jersey wives. What a true example of money don't buy happiness. ...I just have fun and call it like I see it, nothing to bad, just like to have fun and take my aggression out.

I have been reading your post, but have never commented. I admire your strength and courage! I know it's no fun to be grounded, but enjoy the sleep while you can!

vhappy
vhappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-09-2012, 01:02 PM   #54
Mary

Hey Mel, since you and deanna are grounded and vhappy wants to be so she can watch BRAVO, I'll deliver pizzas to everyone!

Annnnyways, very cool that Missy and Junior are great. Give us a shout out when you can.

Positive energy! -Mary
Unread 07-10-2012, 11:27 PM   #55
vhappy

O.K. Mary big reuinion tonight, I will need my pizza by 8. I have a basket of soft toys to throw at the t.v., and for some odd reason, I haven't been able to post to my dear old housewives.....mmmmm
Unread 07-10-2012, 11:33 PM   #56
vhappy

oh wait where are my mannors...prego lady first!!!
Unread 07-12-2012, 03:45 PM   #57
TwinMom

Hey Gals,

Sorry I've been AWOL the last several days but, I did want to let you all know that I'm doing okay. It hasn't been getting easier physically (I really didn't think it would either). Still chugging along with my sobriety, coming up on 10 months this weekend. 5 months off Suboxone too. Don't miss the high but, I sure miss the pain relief.

I have an abscessed molar that is being treated with antibiotics before they would even touch it. Getting it fixed next Tuesday. It's the first time that I've ever braved dental work without pain meds and it has not been easy. I'm still having trouble swallowing, talking, chewing even breathing without throbbing/stabbing jaw pain. I've been on strong antibiotics since Tuesday (along with Motrin & frozen peas on my face) and I can feel the pain coming down just a touch. So, for that I'm grateful.

*Let me take a minute and say that, Deanna, you are the man, woman and beast for doing your surgery without narcotics. Holy crap, you're amazing. I kept thinking, if D can do major surgery without additional meds, then darn it, so can I!

The babies are good. They're still being diligent about making a prison break. The abscessed tooth was causing a fever, high heart rate and contractions. So I had to go into see my doctor on Monday to check out the babes and to make sure the contractions weren't putting me into real labor. Everything checked out fine. I was so relieved.

Hi Nancy, I am planning on having a natural delivery, especially now that both babies are head down. I am very grateful for that but, also know that one or both of them can still turn at anytime. So, it's good news for now. I'm really hoping to not even have the need for pain medication around my delivery. Send me some baby fairy dust, good baby vibes & baby prayers

Hi V! I follow your threads too! I have seriously lost some brain cells the last few weeks watching all of this reality TV. I know some of it had to be scripted but, there isnt enough makeup or wardrobe to cover up crazy! And believe me, some of these folks are just organically crazy, need medication or take too much medication. Certainly a limbic system imbalance going on but, it's fun to watch. Thanks for the suggestion

Oh Mary, you seriously crack me up. I would gladly accept your pizzas but, the acid reflux (liquid lava burn) will not allow me to smell it, much less eat it. I'm sure V would throw a Jersey Wives party with our share Bedrest does really bite the big one. I hurt a lot more now. My hubby says I have to keep "flipping over" so that I can marinate the babies properly. Bless my mattress, couch & carpet trail as they are working overtime!

Thank you all for your support. The twins are roughly 32 weeks along now and I'm hoping to make it 4 more weeks for them. Although I'd be glad to have my body back anytime now

Much Love to My Gals,
Mel
TwinMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-15-2012, 07:14 AM   #58
NancyB
Administrator

Hi Mel, congratulations on 10 and 5 months off everything!

How's your tooth doing? Are the antibiotics helping so you're not in so much pain from that? I hope so. Then maybe the babies will calm down too. Lots of good baby vibes, fairy dust and good thoughts coming your way that they stay in the position they are now!

Hae you found anything decent on TV or still watching the crazies on 'reality' tv? Or you could start looking online for some new carpet to replace the one you're wearing that path in!

I hope you're in less pain. 4 more weeks.

Nancy
Important disclaimer: Any information in this post is not and does not constitute medical advice under any circumstances. Addiction Survivors, Inc. does not warranty or guarantee the accurateness, completeness, adequacy or currency of the information contained in or linked to the Site. Your use of information on the Site or materials linked to the Site is entirely at your own risk. NEVER take any online advice over that of a qualified healthcare provider. Any information contained on AddictionSurvivors.org should only serve to inspire further investigation with credible, verifiable references sources such as your physician or therapist.
Unread 07-15-2012, 08:52 AM   #59
deanna

Hi Mel, hahaha, yes, I get called superwoman for doing the surgery and not taking home pain pills, but honest to God, it doesnt hurt that much and Im not superwoman cause I have this stuff called meloxicam that works good, and of course, I am on suboxone. So, I have that stuff that helps with pain. YOU, on the other hand, are more of a superwoman, you have become medication free!!! That is my goal someday.
I know what you mean about wearing out the carpet. I snuck out though and went to the grocery store in my pretty blue neck brace
Unread 07-15-2012, 11:52 AM   #60
nan

Hi Mel, Glad to hear all is going along fine. Gosh, 4 more weeks and your babies will finally be able to escape. Fingers crossed that they stay in the same position they are in now so you can just "pop" them out. But, the drs will take care of you and will do what they need to for the babies' safety. I am an advocate for natural childbirth when it is warranted but there are times when it is not.

Horrible that you are having to deal with the tooth problem right now too. Hope the antibiotics are taking care of that now. I loved it that your husband is making sure that you marinate the babies by flipping over now and then. Oh, I am so excited to hear about the delivery of these two little blessings who have confined you to the bed. Such power for such little beings!

Our thoughts are with you as you go day by day growing these twins.

nan
nan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-23-2012, 03:16 PM   #61
TwinMom

Hello Ladies,

Just checking in again. No really big news. Same lame complaints here. A couple of developments but, no real progress on anything. Well, except for baking babies!

Development #1 - My exhusband, the father of my 14 y/o son & my 9 y/o daughter, has begun to rear his ugly head once again. I honestly think he wants me to wither & die, go into labor or both. He completely stopped paying any type of monthly child support and has not even attempted to help pay for my kids braces. Both of which he is court ordered to do. So, I'm down $1,300 per month at the worst possible time of my life. I'm having to get the kids ready to go back to school without any type of child support or income myself, as I'm unable to work until the babies are 6 weeks old. I'm so very overwhelmed financially and irritated. My ex just bought a huge 6br 3ba home last month. It seems hes choosing his own wants over his childrens needs. I notified my attorney to get an emergency hearing for financial relief. Say a prayer. I'm sure we won't be in court for a few weeks, right around the time the babies are born. Bad timing but, I gotta suck it up & do what I gotta do for my kids.

Development #2 - The babies wanted to give us a scare Friday night/Saturday morning. I began to have regular contractions every 10 minutes. We made our 2nd real admission to Labor & Delivery Saturday at noon. Of course, the babies look great on the monitor (yay), the contractions tracked along every 10 minutes and my blood & labwork looked fine. After a few hours, we were sent home to wait out. No meds to stop contractions, no real interventions. Just back home, to bed, to rest. Yeah right. I feel like I'm constantly having PMS with cramping every 10 minutes! I'm being sweet but, feel like ripping into the next person who crosses me.

Other than being super stressed & feeling like garbage, I'm grateful to be healthy, sober & that I have everything I need. I know that most of my issues right now pale in comparison to others struggling everyday. I'm so proud that these are the things I have time to worry about and experience. This time last year all I could think of was getting a fix, finding money for the next fix and making sure I had enough rxs to be filled. My how things have changed & I wouldn't have it any other way!

And honestly, where would I be without you guys? Thank you again for all your support. 3 more weeks and I'll be moving from full time incubator to dairy bar...

Much Love to All,
Mel
One User Says Thank You to TwinMom For This Useful Post:
Thank You (07-25-2012)
Unread 07-23-2012, 07:11 PM   #62
nan

Hey Mel, if your ex is court ordered then all you have to do is file a contempt of court. You can do that yourself with just a filing fee. Usually they only have 10 days to respond-the courts seem to act fairly quickly with a contempt filing. In our case we didn't even use an attorney at all. It was pretty straight forward, court ordered you to pay and you haven't. Actually did it twice and was awarded money both times. He paid up because a threat of jail was hanging over his head. Just sayin' something to think about.

Otherwise good to hear from you and hear that babies are still doing well. You are doing such a great job, and maintaining such a good attitude throughout all of this. Thanks for checking in.

nan
Unread 07-24-2012, 07:41 PM   #63
NancyB
Administrator

Hi Mel, definitely check into what nan said. If you can do that, that would be a whole lot easier than having to go to court with him.

Are you still having contractions every 10 minutes? Maybe the next person you run into should be your ex so you can rip into him.

What position were the babies in when you saw them Saturday, I hope the right one for natural childbirth.

Have you found anything interesting on TV or have you switch to infomercials for better entertainment? hahaha

I'm happy to hear from you! What a difference a year makes! So proud of you!!

Nancy
Unread 07-25-2012, 09:03 AM   #64
deanna

Hi Mel. You always make me smile. I always sit and feel sorry for myself, being stuck here not being able to work or do alot, and I read your posts, and think man, Deanna, get it together!!! Look at Mel! So thanks Mel for opening my eyes today.
I hope you get that money fast from the ex, what a jerk. Isnt it something how some of these dads can buy all that sweet stuff for themselves and not even care about the kids they have.
INcubater to dairy bar....lol
Unread 08-01-2012, 10:42 AM   #65
TwinMom

Hi Nan, Nancy & Deanna

Yes Nan. My attorney filed contempt of court earlier this year. The judge pretty much said that he would hear all matters at the same time in our case (meaning custody, visitation, child support modification & contempt). My Ex is now representing himself as a Pro-Se, due to non payment of his attorney. Everything is more difficult since hes no longer represented. Plus, he moved in June & we just got his new mailing address. It's quite a mess. I dus finally receive a child support payment a month late. Still no arrearage payments or medical dental payments. I'm just going to have to survive the next couple of weeks until I can physically get my rear into court. Thank you so much for your advice Nan. You're always spot on!

Hi Nancy! No more "regular" contractions. They stopped on their own. The sporatic contractions are really getting painful though. Like traffic stopping. I had the last growth ultrasound Monday. The babies are still head down (yay babies) and are estimated at 5lbs 4oz & 5lbs 3oz. Perfect weights, good heartbeats & they looked amazing. So, at a little over 34 weeks, my dr daid they would no longer attempt to stop labor or even give steroids for lung development prior to delivery at this point. The natural delivery is still possible & very likely. I had a long talk with my dr about the "no narcotics" and declining the epidural unless medically necessary (if one of the babies is malpositioned, with higher risk of csection). I'm even fearful of the epidural due to my prior Fentanyl habit. I don't want anything to possibly set me off. Thats my biggest fear.

Oh Deanna, you've been through so much! Don't even compare my path to yours. You're doing simply amazing. I don't have a clue where you live or what you look like but, you are one of the strongest women I've ever "met!" I mean that. Screw worrying about your Suboxone taper at the minute. Just get back into normal (lol) life first. Once your neck heals, you're back at work, you're getting some type of in person support (individual or group) and when your son has more sober time under his belt, then you can work on your taper. In my opinion, you have so much going on to even worry about it now. I mean, whats a few months compared to years of sobriety? Oh, and about the a-hole that hijacked your thread, don't worry yourself with stupid people. Life is too short babe. My ER nurse senses smelled his denial and ignorance a mile away!

Thanks for being here guys I'm really thinking I'll make it to at least 36 weeks with the babies. Less than 2 weeks now. I'll let you know if anything happens.

Mel
Unread 08-02-2012, 07:27 AM   #66
NancyB
Administrator

Hi Mel! Wow, your ex just doesn't like paying anyone he's supposed to. Do you think it's an advantage now that he doesn't have an attorney to help him? It would serve him right. I'm glad you at least got something from him.

Good going little ones for staying put with their heads down for mama! That really must be something to see the two babies on the ultrasound. Are you still thinking August 10 like you had mentioned before? I wonder if there's anything else non-narcotic. I just looked up toradol - which Deanna used after her spinal surgery - but it says that using it during labor can increase bleeding. Yikes! http://www.drugs.com/toradol.html
Hopefully you won't need anything.

Have you been able to sleep ok?
This is getting exciting!

We're counting the days right along with you!

Nancy
One User Says Thank You to NancyB For This Useful Post:
Thank You (08-09-2012)
Unread 08-02-2012, 09:35 AM   #67
deanna

Hello, Mel. Im glad to hear everything is going great and you are almost there....2 more weeks!!! hey, why are you worried about an epidural? that is non narcotic, and all it does is block contractions. To me, I would much rather go that route than be in all kinds of pain and then risk wanting narcotics. I had an epidural when I had my son, and it was wonderful. I didnt have two babies, though....but one big 9lb7oz one!!

Anyways, thanks for the encouraging words. I appreciate it. I think you are right about the suboxone. I have a lot of work to do yet, lots of things still bothering me that I need to get through, get over, whatever.

hang in there mama, the day is right around the corner!!!
Thank You (08-09-2012)
Unread 08-09-2012, 09:19 AM   #68
TwinMom

Good Morning Ladies,

I just wanted to stop by & say hello. All is well here. A few updates...

I had my molar pulled 2 weeks ago (after having a root canal & crown done on the same tooth just 4 years ago). The pain was gone instantly, I had to stay on the antibiotic another week after it was pulled but, it stopped all the preterm labor symptoms which was great. Nothing but Tylenol & Motrin and it wasn't so bad.

I got my other 2 children ready for school this past week, complete with school supplies, school clothes & shoes, orientation & all that jazz. They start Monday, August 13th. What timing huh?

Oh the babies! Since the tooth was pulled, my little ones have turned into womb squatters! As of Monday, the babies are still head down (thanks for the prayers) and I was still 2cm and 50%. So, it's looking like I'll go past 36 weeks. Good for the babies, not so fun for me! They're guessing them a little under 6 lbs each and both appear healthy. I go back Monday for another checkup & discuss our options as far as being induced. I'm looking in to the county ordinances for serving eviction proper!

Birth plan remains the same. We did have to consult with an anesthesiologist Monday so that we had a plan for IV or any type of vascular access. It's almost impossible for anyone to draw my blood on the first go, much less place an IV. It was pretty emotional because I knew why it has to happen. I still remain very ashamed and embarrassed but, I also know that very few people come out of that severe an addiction alive. It's hard to be judged for it but, my pride in my sobriety and gratefulness to be alive outweighs the crappy feeling of judgment. God help the nurse or the doctor who dares say anything while I'm delivering the twins. They won't catch it from me as much as my husband and my Mom!

No Nancy, sleep eludes me. I started waking up not only for the urge to go to the bathroom but, within the last week or so, I've been vomiting thru the night, common towards the end. The acid reflux is terrible even on Prevacid twice daily. Seems like whatever is not digested when I go to bed will eventually come back up. Even if I sleep sitting up. The back/hip pain is getting worse but, again that is to be expected. My husband is great about giving me back rubs though.

All & all, everything is okay. Just uncomfortable all the time now combined with a little nervousness. I really believe everything will work out as it should. I just have to be patient and sober. Taking everything one day at a time. Coming up on 11 months sober & 6 months off Suboxone next week. It really doesn't seem like it's been almost a year. It has flew by....

Thank you for listening to my "oh so pregnant" rants I hope everyone has a great week & I'll post an update if anything changes.

Mel
Unread 08-11-2012, 07:10 AM   #69
NancyB
Administrator

Hi Mel, that's really great that the tooth extraction went smoothly and the pain went away. Along with the preterm labor symptoms. Do you know if that was a coincidence, or were the babies just happy that you weren't in pain any more...

School starts Monday - that seems early? But it is good timing.

You know, please try not to be ashamed or embarrassed - the past is the past. Keep looking at the positives you mentioned. Look at you now, you made the decision to get out of that dark abyss of addiction! You got your life back, you're doing fabulously - THAT'S what matters. Like you said, you got out alive! You're a survivor!

What a great support system with your Mom and husband. I'm glad they'll be there to give it to anyone who dares says a word about your past - tell them to add some extra in from me too IF anyone has the audacity to bring that up! You just concentrate on you and those precious squatters.

That really stinks about the vomiting and being uncomfortable all the time. Do you have a choice on if they will induce, or is that a decision the doctors make because of the babies and where they are? If you're up to it, please let us know what the doctors say after your appointment Monday.

It's our pleasure to be along with you on your journey. I'm glad you found us. Rant away any time!

Nancy
Unread 08-13-2012, 04:17 PM   #70
Mary

Hey MommaMel, I was kinda thinking you'd have popped those babies out by now. What did the doctor say today or maybe you're birthing as we speak. Well as I type.

Annnnyways. Be damn proud of yourself woman! Look at everything you've done in the past year. Celebrate that and get rid of the shame and embarrassment. We can't live in our pasts. I think we all beat ourselves enough about it at some point.

Sending lots 'o painless labor and delivery energy! -Mary
Unread 08-14-2012, 02:08 AM   #71
vhappy

Those are 2 of the luckiest little squaters in the world, to have a brave strong mom like you waiting on the outside. No shame no embarresment, dont let anybody make you feel less than you are. Be proud, you have worked hard, couldnt imagine a better pay off!
Congads
Vhappy
Unread 08-14-2012, 08:17 PM   #72
TwinMom

Hey guys,

No babies yet. Spent the last 3 out of 4 nights in L/D. Hovering at 3cm, contractions were every 2-3 minutes Sunday night. They refuse to induce me (b/c the babies and I are so healthy) until 38 weeks now which would be the 27th. I honestly don't think I'll have to wait that long. I had my 36 week appointment Monday morning. Babies are over 6lbs each and both head down still. One more centimeter and theyll break my water. That would make me happy

I'm on mission eviction, taking all the labor induction herbs and walking every chance I get (might I add painfully). Everyone is on the same page as far as my birth plan. Natural med free birth. I'm leaving the possibility open for an epidural if the babies look troubled at all and might need a Csection.

Trying not to stress about anything. Everything is in order. Just waiting on the babies. I'll let ya know when something happens.

Thank you for all the love, support & encouragment,
Mel
Unread 08-17-2012, 07:48 AM   #73
NancyB
Administrator

Hi Mel! How are you doing? How's the eviction mission going?

Glad the babies are staying put - I mean only in that they are head down; they can come out now though!

Been thinking of you and hoping that you're closer or maybe back in delivering right now!

(Pacing the hallways waiting...)

Nancy
Unread 08-18-2012, 09:11 AM   #74
deanna

Go mel go!!!!!! :0) :0)
Unread 08-18-2012, 09:45 AM   #75
nan

Hi Mel, I am in the waiting room, pacing, with the other ladies here. Wish they still had a smoking lounge in the hospitals. lol lol lol-I know you will check in when you can. We are sure thinking of you and the two new babies!

nan
Unread 08-19-2012, 01:34 PM   #76
TwinMom

No News...

Smoke 'em if you got 'em!

Herbs kinda helping but, no real labor yet. Mission eviction is still in progress!

I go back to the doctor tomorrow morning for my 37 week appointment and growth ultrasound. The babies should be about 7 lbs each if they are still growing appropriately. Believe me, they have to be growing, my stretch marks are starting to "connect" to each other :/

The babies are already starting to fight too. Baby girl gets the hiccups quite often and her brother does not appreciate it, so he squirms and jabs in protest. It's pretty funny really. He even kicked the remote control off of my belly yesterday. The kids cracked up. We're all pretty excited to meet them, see what they look like, love on them and all that jazz. I wish I could sleep b/c I know that once they get here, that will be a thing of the past.

I was amazed that, at L/D last weekend, my doctor offered me narcotic pain meds (Fentanyl, my DOC) through my IV before I left to go home. I was just contracting, not in true labor and certainly not in severe pain. It really bothered me b/c she knows my history, why I went on Suboxone and that I'm in recovery. I wondered if she just did that to test me? Or if she honestly forgot? It was very easy to say no, scared me really. So, I'm certainly going to bring up the NO NARCOTIC thing again tomorrow and hopefully get all the doctors on the same page.

Here's hoping I go into labor on my own sometime this week but, at least an end is in sight. Only 8 more days until they'll induce. These blood sucking womb squatters are on notice....and how! We have a photographer on call coming to take our hospital pictures too. Can't wait to show off my sweet little family

Keep the coffee brewing, the smokes lit and the lobby chairs warm! I'll post when "It's Time!"

Much Love,
Momma Mel
Unread 08-20-2012, 02:26 PM   #77
NancyB
Administrator

Hi Momma Mel, how did your appointment go? Any sign of the blood suickers making a move? Did you find out if your doctor forgot and that's why she offered the fentanyl? I sure hope so but I hope she writes it down in big red letters this time...

That must have been hysterical to watch the remote go flying! Sibling rivalry already. Yikes! You're in for a treat, huh?

Just checking in. Keeping the chairs warm and it's our turn to wear a path in the carpet from pacing!

Nancy
Unread 08-21-2012, 09:00 AM   #78
deanna

You are so awesome Mel. You really are. You remind me alot of Mary, "my sista" that still comes here and helps us all, and makes me smile ever time I read her posts.
You know, the doctor probably forgot. Its standard that they offer pain relief to patients I think. But good for you for saying no. Its totally awesome. I didnt know fentynal was your DOC. So good for you

Ok....Im patiently waiting. Again good luck and go Mel go!!!
Unread 08-23-2012, 09:32 AM   #79
NancyB
Administrator

Pacing, pacing, pacing.
Unread 08-23-2012, 06:02 PM   #80
TwinMom

Hey Guys,

Nancy - No real signs the babies will have an exit strategy of their own. Not sure if the doctor forgot or not about the no narcs. I had to see a different doctor in the practice yesterday (contractions again, not dilating) and she whole heartedly embraced that I'm refusing narcotics. She told me I was allowed the epidural at anytime b/c it won't cross the blood brain barrier. I'm still going to try to brave it out naturally but, it's a good safety net offer. She said, "Good for you! We'll work with you on this." She's also the doctor that will be attending my birth on Monday (scheduled induction) if I make it that long. 4 more days, or less!

Deanna - Wow, it's amazing to me that you of all people think I'm anything at all, much less awesome. Look at who you are, where you are now & where you have been. It neans a lot coming from you & I pray I can do as well sober as you have.

Yes, unfortunately Fentanyl Patches were my DOC. I kept graduating months at a time. From Vicoden, to Percocet, to Roxycodone, to Oxycontin then on to Fentanyl Patches. What a cancer patient would usually wear for 3 days I used at one time, usually about 3 times a day. Toward the end I was using 2 patches at a time, 4 times a day. I had way too many doctors willing to write me the stuff so that they didn't have to deal with me needing neurosurgery that month.

When I decided to get sober, I had to be "medically detoxed" in a hospital, ened up seizing twice, then ened up in ICU. After 10 days in the hospital, I still had a hard time finding a residential detox & rehab program that would take me b/c I was such an extreme case. But, I fought through it, lost 50 lbs in the process and things became better when I was put on Suboxone after being 11 days sober.

And now, over 11 months later, here I am, talking to you fine people, who have essentially become my heros (I'd hate to say heroine but, it's true)! I'll post ASAP about the babes when they get here. Wish me much, send me prayers & lots of baby vibes & fairy dust.

Pacing right along with you,
Momma Mel
Unread 08-23-2012, 10:36 PM   #81
vhappy

Wow, that is a really amazing story. If you can do that, labor should be a walk in the park! I have never heard of anyone in the icu, in withdrawl, although I think withdrawl is the worst thing I have ever felt in my life. That must have been quite the detox, not the way most would chose to lose 50lbs. I had a short run with those patches myself. Yup they certainly work, and are a terrible withdrawl. After I messed around with those, my addiction kicked into high gear, and I started having withdrawl.

I am sure I am just one of your many followers, who see you posted, and are waiting to hear the good news. You are one amazing strong lady! Sounds like the eviction notice has been officially given. Next week at this time, you will be one busy lady.

Take care of yourself, and keep us posted!

Vhappy
Unread 08-25-2012, 08:39 AM   #82
NancyB
Administrator

Hi Momma Mel, any movement on the babies yet? They only have today and tomorrow before they're evicted! Darn squatters. I'm glad that the doctor who'll be there for the delivery understands the no narcotics without question.

Tired from pacing, now occupying a chair in the waiting room waiting patiently, well, maybe a little impatiently!

Nancy
Unread 08-26-2012, 09:05 AM   #83
deanna

Mel, thankyou for sharing your story. Wow. That is ALOT of Fentynal. I never experienced withdrawal like that, or even a small amount of that. My DOC was oxycontin, after graduating from vicoden to percocet, just like you. I cant imagine being in ICU from drug withrawal, wow. I keep saying wow, but holy crap Mel, YOU DID IT!
and dont even think twice about me. We all have our stories. We all have our struggles, some worse than others, but the important thing is remaining in recovery. Anyone can get "clean and sober" its staying that way thats the REAL work.
I am sooooo looking forward to following your journey with these two little miracles.
Grabblin some coffee and smoking a cigarette......waiting waiting I know you will be busy when you get home, but dont forget about us here in the waiting room!
Unread 08-26-2012, 09:43 AM   #84
nan

Good morning Mel, thinking of you guys! Time is almost up. I finished all my smokes, drank a lot of coffee, and now I am knitting. Of course I have never picked up knitting needles before but I thought it would be something to pass the time. Guess it is something to do while waiting here with the other ladies!! Should I do booties first, or blankets, oh dear, the decisions.......

nan
Unread 08-26-2012, 12:59 PM   #85
vhappy

Count me in with the cigs! Iguess I will weave aluwt baskets.
Thinking of you!
Unread 08-29-2012, 10:53 AM   #86
TwinMom

Babies!

Induced Monday morning. Had the babies 8/27, Monday night.

James William, born at 7:52pm. 6lbs 7oz

Vivian Rose, born at 8:03. 6lbs 11oz

Mom & babies doing great. Small complication with Mom & epidural before delivery but, nothing IV fluids, epinephrine & oxygen wouldn't fix.

Will update more later. About to be discharged from the hospital.

Had to check on my girls waiting in the lobby

Much Thanks & Love,
Mel & Co.
Unread 08-29-2012, 11:08 AM   #87
nan

Oh boy! Oh wow! I am so excited for you. What a wonderful announcement. Such big babies! Thanks so much for letting us know so quickly. I was just about out of yarn-but I have a basket full of booties!!!!!

Welcome to this world James William and Vivian Rose, you are two very, very lucky little babies to have this great mama to take care of you!!

nan
One User Says Thank You to nan For This Useful Post:
Thank You (09-07-2012)
Unread 08-29-2012, 12:01 PM   #88
vhappy

Congradulations, glad mommy and babbies doing well. That is alot of weight, almost 14lbs of babies! It sounds like they took their eviction well, and are ready to meet the world. Love the names. 8/27 was my 31st anniversary, 3 of my other friends anniversaries, and 5 people I know, had birthdays. We always joke about it. I bet you cant wait to get home, and snuggle in with thoae 2 cuties.
Again Congrads! Nan, Nancy and deanna can quit pacing now.
Vhappy
One User Says Thank You to vhappy For This Useful Post:
Thank You (09-07-2012)
Unread 08-29-2012, 01:00 PM   #89
NancyB
Administrator

Oh boy! Oh girl! heehee

Momma Mel, congratulations on finally evicting those two squatters!

I'm happy to know that momma and babies are doing well and you're on your way home!

Love the names, very beautiful. Nan is right, they are two very lucky little babies to have you as their mom.

Now, I best pick up around here in the waiting room and get the carpet replaced - or better yet, just move some waiting room chairs on the worn paths. That ought to hide 'em.

Welcome home!

Nancy
Thank You (09-07-2012)
Unread 09-01-2012, 09:44 AM   #90
nan

Hi Mel, and babies! Just wondered if we are going to get a babies and mama update? Hope all is going well, know you are tired and busy!! Just wanted you to know I am thinking of you guys

nan
One User Says Thank You to nan For This Useful Post:
Thank You (09-07-2012)
Unread 09-02-2012, 08:41 AM   #91
deanna

YEA!!!! Congratulations!!!! Im so happy for you Mel. But, please please please dont keep us hanging....when you get a second(which Im sure thats all you will have!) please let us know how everything is going. It will be just like pacing in the waiting room again if you dont! hugs Mel!
Thank You (09-07-2012)
Unread 09-06-2012, 04:25 PM   #92
TwinMom

Hey guys

Just finished feeding & changing the babies. They are both snuggled up in their one swing, togetherness!

I'm nursing both babies each feeding & supplementing after with formula until we all get the hang of it. Over 16 bottles & diapers a day! They really are good babies. They only cry when hungry or hurting. I have them on a 3 hr schedule during the day & they go between 3-5 hours between nighttime feedings. All & all, babies are great. Gaining weight & super healthy.

Mom is doing exceptionally well. I feel amazing after delivering the babies. I'm no longer exhausted for no good reason. I have very little back/hip pain now & my delivery was smooth. So smooth in fact I recovered in the hospital & at home with only Motrin. We really couldn't have asked for a better outcome.

Rosie is tuning up again, gotta run. Update more later.

Thanks for Caring,
Mel & Co.
One User Says Thank You to TwinMom For This Useful Post:
Thank You (09-07-2012)
Unread 09-07-2012, 08:03 AM   #93
NancyB
Administrator

Hi Mel & Co., great to hear from you! Yikes, that's quite the schedule with the babies. Are you able to get any sleep in at all?

It was sweet of the babies to exit without a fight and you only needed Motrin!

Hope YOU can get some rest, and we'll look forward to when you have time to update us again.

(((hugs to you and your family)))

Nancy
Thank You (09-07-2012)
Unread 09-07-2012, 09:41 AM   #94
deanna

So good to hear from you Mel!!! Im so happy for you! ((hugs)) to all of you! and thanks so much for checking in with us, you know Ive been thinking of you!
Thank You (09-07-2012)
Unread 09-07-2012, 04:36 PM   #95
Mary

Hey MommaMel & Co., very, very cool that all is well with you and the little ones. Man, I don't know you do it. I can't imagine having 1 kid, nevermind 2 at once.

You really rock. You and Deanna, going through all this PAINFUL shit and really not taking anything strong for it.

& Co. have a very special momma. Lucky little ones.

Positive energy and hugs to all! -Mary
Thank You (09-09-2012)
Unread 09-12-2012, 09:46 AM   #96
nan

Good morning Mel-Okay, know you are quite busy, too cute both babies in one swing-but the waiting room crew, as well as the new "aunts" and "grandmas" are waiting to hear how all is going now.

Wondering what the older siblings think of their new brother and sister? Surely they can be of some help, if they want to....

Glad to hear the delivery was so easy and that you physically feel so good, finally you can sleep on your tummy!

Let us know when you get a second, just wanted you to know I am still thinking about all of you!

nan
Unread 09-16-2012, 08:07 AM   #97
NancyB
Administrator

Hi MommaMel, was thinking about you and the kiddos and hope all is well and they're not wearing you out (well, too much).

Nancy
Unread 09-17-2012, 08:13 AM   #98
deanna

Helllllloooooo Mel!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Unread 09-17-2012, 06:56 PM   #99
TwinMom

Hey Ladies!

Wish you were all here to help hold, feed, burp, rock, change, wash & snuggle these babies! To say it's been crazy is an understatement. It's like someone threw a grenade in my house....well, 2 of them!

Happy Belated Birthday to Deanna and Mel! One year here, four years on you. I am so freaking proud. We are doing it

I'm living head above water in the daily life department. Lots to do. My older kids are helpful with chores & babies. My hubby is amazing helping clean, wash and care for babies. He'll be out of town 3 nights a week starting next week. He has a Job to do until January. Good money but, stressing about flying solo.

Sorry, Im few & far between. I've had a nasty bladder infection so, i've been trying to heal from that going on no sleep too. Trying to upload some pictures on photobucket & post a link for ya. Sweet babies Gotta swaddle them back up & down for a nap.

Thanks for checking on me!
Much Love to My Girls!
Mel
Unread 09-18-2012, 07:36 AM   #100
NancyB
Administrator

Hi Mel! Belated congratulations on one year to you! You and Deanna sure are doing it!

That's so nice to hear that you're getting help from hubby and your older kids. Can you enlist any extra help when he's out of town for those three nights a week? Are the babies on the same schedule with eating and sleeping at the same time?

Yikes, I hope your infection clears up soon and you can sneak some rest in here and there.

(((hugs))) to you and the little ones.

Nancy