Addiction Survivors

Notices

Unread 06-15-2015, 07:35 AM   #51
NancyB
Administrator

Hi Ryan, congrats on day 25! Glad you had a good weekend. Sounds like you found a really good, supportive and fun NA group.

Happy Monday! (if that's possible )

Nancy
Important disclaimer: Any information in this post is not and does not constitute medical advice under any circumstances. Addiction Survivors, Inc. does not warranty or guarantee the accurateness, completeness, adequacy or currency of the information contained in or linked to the Site. Your use of information on the Site or materials linked to the Site is entirely at your own risk. NEVER take any online advice over that of a qualified healthcare provider. Any information contained on AddictionSurvivors.org should only serve to inspire further investigation with credible, verifiable references sources such as your physician or therapist.
NancyB is offline   Reply With Quote
One User Says Thank You to NancyB For This Useful Post:
Thank You (06-15-2015)
Unread 06-20-2015, 12:04 PM   #52
FreeMeForever

30 days today!!!! This week had been awesome since last Saturday I've hit 10 meetings, get home from work get a shower then out the door for meeting! I feel amazing inside and out remaining symptoms are random restlessness and for the last week
I've been getting what seem like sinus headaches which I hope
It's just my head clearing out after years
Of putting crap up my nose...
Hope everyone is well talk to y'all soon!
One day at a time

Ryan
FreeMeForever is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-21-2015, 05:27 AM   #53
GirlGettingOffSubs

Congrats on 30 days! So proud of you! That is truly amazing, keep up the meetings!

Angie
GirlGettingOffSubs is offline   Reply With Quote
One User Says Thank You to GirlGettingOffSubs For This Useful Post:
Thank You (06-21-2015)
Unread 06-21-2015, 06:59 AM   #54
NancyB
Administrator

Hi Ryan, woo hoo! Congratulations on 30 days. I hope you're proud of yourself, we are!

Don't let the sinus headaches go on for too long ok? It may be totally unrelated to your jump and, you don't want to end up with a sinus infection. Here's a pretty good article that might help: http://www.webmd.com/allergies/sinus-headaches

Again, congratulations!!!

Nancy
Important disclaimer: Any information in this post is not and does not constitute medical advice under any circumstances. Addiction Survivors, Inc. does not warranty or guarantee the accurateness, completeness, adequacy or currency of the information contained in or linked to the Site. Your use of information on the Site or materials linked to the Site is entirely at your own risk. NEVER take any online advice over that of a qualified healthcare provider. Any information contained on AddictionSurvivors.org should only serve to inspire further investigation with credible, verifiable references sources such as your physician or therapist.
Thank You (06-21-2015)
Unread 06-26-2015, 03:05 PM   #55
FreeMeForever

Hello everyone! Life is crazy busy working 6-5 coming home getting a shower then heading to a meeting! The NA meetings are truly amazing and so helpful I can't stress enough how much it's helping me, also i picked a sponser and started the step work I waited till after I hit 30 days to pick a sponser wanted to make a smart choice.
Some problems I'm encountering is making time for friends outside the program because everything I do besides work is focused on recovery or with people from the program. Also still having trouble occupying whatever free time I do get besides working out or bike riding, I have ps4 that I used to love to play and now I just can't touch it...

Hope everyone is well today is day 36!!!! Thanks everyone on this site for the continued support it's all made a difference in my life!
One day at a time

Ryan
Unread 06-26-2015, 06:38 PM   #56
NancyB
Administrator

Hi Ryan, congrats on day 36! Wow, you sound very busy. Are your friends outside of the program understanding of what you're doing right now - focusing on your recovery? Are any of them triggers to you? Do you want to spend time with them? Just some things to think about. Don't feel badly if you don't have time right now. Hopefully they're supporting you with your recovery and will be there when you're ready and have more time.

Things are still pretty new, even at 36 days in, so as more time goes on, you will figure things out. Just don't put any unnecessary pressure on yourself, ok?

You're doing great!

Nancy
Thank You (06-27-2015)
Unread 06-27-2015, 09:40 AM   #57
FreeMeForever

Thanks Nancy you along with everyone here has helped me more than you'll ever know! Everyone in my life knows I'm in recovery it's just hard for them to understand I guess. One friend I let borrow an extra NA handbook to try n get a better understandings
Other buddy is a trigger for sure he's not honest with me about what he does and I kno for a fact he's still using drugs in some form I haven't seen him since I tooky week off work.
I wanna see them but I feel right now this program is helping me
So much I don't wanna miss a beat! Day 37
One day at a time!

Ryan
One User Says Thank You to FreeMeForever For This Useful Post:
Thank You (06-27-2015)
Unread 07-07-2015, 07:31 PM   #58
FreeMeForever

Hello everyone!!! Day 47 today and I feel better than ever! Literally one day at a time and it truly does get better every day.
My biggest stress is time management still but hitting 90 meetings in 90 days is what my sponser suggests and I'm hitting 10 a week now gonna start taking a couple days off a week next week! Working step 1 all 69 questions it's a lot of work but it will pay off!
Sobriety is truly an amazing thing I'm very greatful! See y'all soon!
One day at a time

Ryan
Thank You (07-08-2015)
Unread 07-09-2015, 06:41 AM   #59
NancyB
Administrator

Hi Ryan, happy day 49! Would writing out a schedule for your week be helpful? Then you can see on paper (or computer screen lol) what you have to do and you can plan around it so you're not so stressed? Just a thought.

I'm thrilled that you're doing well and are happy!

Nancy
Thank You (07-23-2015)
Unread 07-23-2015, 06:06 PM   #60
FreeMeForever

Day 63!!!!
What a journey this continues to be everyday, so much has changed I'm literally gettig to kno myself all over again! Going to NA/AA is guiding me a lot having a sponser and working the steps! I've changed everything about my life people, places, things, routines, everything except for my job.
I keep my faith with me everywhere but not everyday is easy. No matter how bad it gets key things don't change my faith, my support group and my Sobriety! May 22nd is my
Clean date and I'm not giving it up! Quitting subs isn't easy but I promise 1,000
times over it's worth it you don't have to live trapped by addiction like I did for 7+ Years...
One Day at a Time

Ryan
Thank You (07-26-2015)
Unread 07-24-2015, 06:07 AM   #61
NancyB
Administrator

Hi Ryan, congratulations on 64 days now! You 'sound' great, so happy for you.

Keep up the good work and thanks for checking, I love seeing how you're doing.

Nancy
Thank You (07-24-2015)
Unread 07-24-2015, 03:04 PM   #62
FreeMeForever

Thanks Nancy you've been so kind and informative from the 1st time I posted! You and everyone else on the site helped me so much! Talk to ya soon 😃

Ryan
Thank You (07-24-2015)
Unread 08-19-2015, 10:41 PM   #63
FreeMeForever

Day 90 today!!! They say 90 meetings in 90 days I hit over 130 and it's helped me immensely. As I get further in recovery and work the 12 steps of NA I'm learning a lot about myself and sobriety. Hard days come n go having a sponser and a " WE " who are there for you get you through those days! Thanks again to Nancy and everyone else who has been so supportive this site is awesome! See you guys soon!
One day at a time

Ryan
Thank You (08-21-2015)
Unread 08-20-2015, 06:39 AM   #64
NancyB
Administrator

Wow Ryan!! Congratulations on 90 days!! That's awesome! I'm so happy everything is working out with NA and your sponsor. Sounds like you found a really good group of people and sponsor.

Thanks for checking in!

Nancy
Unread 08-23-2015, 12:24 PM   #65
Hermosa

Talking

Ryan, CONGRATS on 90+ days!!! SOOOOO happy for you!

I'm currently on day 39, it's been tough, but I've got my sights set on 90 days and just can't wait to get to get there!

How have you been feeling, when do you think things turned the corner for you??

CONGRATS again!! What a motivation and inspiration you are. XO!!

Thanks for sharing.

- Hermosa
Hermosa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-31-2015, 12:03 AM   #66
FreeMeForever

Hello everyone happy holidays! Glad I remembered my password for this site just wanted to give an update of how things are going!
I reached 7 months clean on the 22nd!!! Time has went by so fast it seems like yesterday I searched and luckily found this site I was broken, scared and alone and the support i got here helped me realize I wasn't alone and I could live a life free from suboxone!
These past 7 months have truly been the best of my life, I put a lot of work into this Im still hitting 5 meetings a week. For me it wasn't just about getting clean I had to find a new way to live and did that with the help of NA and AA. I got a sponsor and started working the 12 steps of NA i just finished step 6 Wednesday.
I think about it like all the years i gave to drugs why can't I give I total
Sobriety a chance they say chase your recovery like you used to chase your drugs and that's what I do!
If your tapering or recently jumped give yourself a chance push through it and kno that the light at the end of tunnel is brighter than you could ever imagine. Take the specific vitamins and exercise as much as you can, stay hydrated and do whatever you can to get
Out of your own head for me it was music and bike rides.

After everything I still take things one day at a time, I don't know what's gonna happen tomorrow but for today I stayed sober!

Ryan
Thank You (12-31-2015)
Unread 12-31-2015, 06:19 AM   #67
NancyB
Administrator

Hi Ryan! What a fabulous way to start off the New Year! Thank you so much for stopping by. You're so right, time has really flown by, I just looked back and I was just congratulating you on 90 days, now it's congratulations on 7 months!!

I'm so happy for you and very proud of you. What an inspiring message too.

All the best for 2016!!

Nancy
Unread 12-31-2015, 09:48 AM   #68
GirlGettingOffSubs

Ryan!!

Congrats and so so awesome! Thanks for stopping by to update us, I wish you all the best for the new year and thanks for the shot of hope!
Angie
GirlGettingOffSubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-24-2016, 03:49 PM   #69
Prego_n_subutex

I know its been awhile since this last post but i just wanted to know how you are doing Ryan?? i hope yiou have been strong and keeping the faith!! i would love to know an update!!!

Natalie
Thank You (06-05-2016)
Unread 06-05-2016, 01:25 PM   #70
FreeMeForever

Hello Friends!!!
I just looked back through all the posts on this thread and it really took me back and reminded me how I was feeling on day 2 the very beginning of my journey! This site was a huge shot of hope for me I didn't attend a meeting till I was 9 days sober it was talking to people on this site and others in my life that got me through those hardest days.

I celebrated 1 year completely drug/alcohol free on May 22nd! My only intention in the begining was to get off subs after being on them for 7+ years. After attending NA/AA meetings daily I learned quickly it was about much more than just stopping using, I learned I'm an addict and I had to stop everything in order to find a new way to live. Physically I was feeling better after those 1st few weeks and more so as time went on, feeling better mentally is what has taken time. I've spent this entire year hitting at least 5 meetings a week, I talk to no one I used to associate with who used, I literally changed everything about my life except for my job. There is an amazing life waiting for you after getting sober you just have to be willing to put in some work!

If your preparing to jump or just did I kno exactly what your feeling and so do others here, I can only promise one thing it keeps getting 1 day at a time!

Ryan
Thank You (06-05-2016)
Unread 06-06-2016, 06:23 AM   #71
NancyB
Administrator

Hi Ryan! Wow! Congratulations on a year+!

What a great message you've left about changing things and cutting toxic ties. That really is such an important part of the process - and you're proving every day that it will work if "you just have to be willing to put in some work!"

Thank you for stopping by!!

Nancy
Unread 08-16-2016, 07:44 AM   #72
Wrl78

That is such an accomplishment!!!!
Wrl78 is offline   Reply With Quote