Addiction Survivors

Notices

Unread 10-20-2014, 04:31 PM   #551
julie48

Hi Nancy: I am back for real now. I had to go out of town on a family emergency. Too long a story to tell, but I am back home a couple days now. I go back to internship tomorrow and look forward to it. I already have clients and I am learning so much.

Too funny you saw to Pupperonis at the tractor store....lol

How are you doing??? How is Disney and all the characters???
Everything here is fine and Bonnie and Clyde (Mavis and Mopsy) are nuts as ever. Missed ya!! Julie xoxo
Unread 10-21-2014, 07:02 AM   #552
NancyB
Administrator

Hi Julie! I hope everything worked out ok with the emergency.

That's great that your internship is working out and you already have clients. Good for you. Or I should say good for them! How's school?

It was too funny, there it was a Pupperoni display at the tractor store.

I'm doing well, thanks! It's getting cold, but I guess that's to be expected in New England this time of year. Disney has been quiet except for birds. Although I did see a fox at dawn last week running across the yard. No turkeys/turkettes. And, fingers crossed, no bears. Yet. lol

Glad Bonnie and Clyde haven't lost their crazy touch.

How are you? Did you make a decision on the pain pump? Missed you too!

((((hugs))))

Nancy
Important disclaimer: Any information in this post is not and does not constitute medical advice under any circumstances. Addiction Survivors, Inc. does not warranty or guarantee the accurateness, completeness, adequacy or currency of the information contained in or linked to the Site. Your use of information on the Site or materials linked to the Site is entirely at your own risk. NEVER take any online advice over that of a qualified healthcare provider. Any information contained on AddictionSurvivors.org should only serve to inspire further investigation with credible, verifiable references sources such as your physician or therapist.
NancyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-09-2014, 02:15 AM   #553
julie48

Hi Nancy. OMG I had to go back into surgery it is a long story and a long recovery for me, but I am home now and back on the fourm. Yes, I said I was before, but that was before this!! I am doing fine and the surgeries are all behind me now. Interning is still there and I go back tomorrow. I have a few clients and really love it. I will be taking the LPC exam in May and the CADC around the same time I hope. I have missed you again and I figured you all thought I deserted you. NEVU!! I have been through a lot with my back and now it is time to get back to life, again. How are you Nancy. I sure have missed u. Love to the critters!!! Julie
Unread 12-09-2014, 06:49 AM   #554
NancyB
Administrator

JULIE!! I was just thinking about you the other day wondering how you were! I figured you were really busy with school, interning and your usual over-full plate. I sure hope you are fully recovered and don't push things. It doesn't sound like you've had a very easy time of it. But I'm glad you're back. Just go easy on yourself! Welcome back from critter-land!

(((hugs)))

Nancy
Important disclaimer: Any information in this post is not and does not constitute medical advice under any circumstances. Addiction Survivors, Inc. does not warranty or guarantee the accurateness, completeness, adequacy or currency of the information contained in or linked to the Site. Your use of information on the Site or materials linked to the Site is entirely at your own risk. NEVER take any online advice over that of a qualified healthcare provider. Any information contained on AddictionSurvivors.org should only serve to inspire further investigation with credible, verifiable references sources such as your physician or therapist.
Unread 12-14-2014, 07:16 PM   #555
julie48

Thanks Nancy. Yes, things have been busy and internship has been a lot to handle, especially with surgery. I have to have one last procedure tomorrow at 4 concerning my spine and then all should be good. I hope you are doing well. Hugs to the critters in critterville!!
Unread 12-15-2014, 06:48 AM   #556
NancyB
Administrator

Good luck today Julie! I hope that it goes well and then you'll be done! Will you be getting a Christmas break from school and interning so you can recover and get some rest? Hugs to you and Bonnie and the Clydster.

Nancy
Unread 12-15-2014, 11:44 AM   #557
julie48

Hi Nancy: I have been on XMAS break since Nov. 17. I go back to school Jan. 14. Besides doing internship, I have only one class left. After that class I still have to go to the school weekly for supervision. Today I have surgery at 4. They pushed it back a little, but that's ok. I look forward to being out of pain. I am still on a very teeny amount of subs and hope to be done sometime next year. I will check the board and see what's been going on. I hope you are well and I do hope your holidays are as wonderful as you are!!

Hugs from all of us here!! Julie, Mavis and Mopsy
Unread 12-16-2014, 06:17 AM   #558
NancyB
Administrator

Hi Julie, that's great that you've been on xmas break since November! lol That's got to make it a little easier for you with everything that's been going on with your back. I hope the surgery went well. That would be so nice for you to be out of pain FINALLY.

One more class and you'll have your Master's? Have you thought any more on being Dr. Julie?

What are you holiday plans? I hope a lot of R&R and shopping when you're able.

You've been missed!
(((hugs)))

Nancy
Unread 12-16-2014, 06:47 AM   #559
Leo

Hi Julie

Just wanna stop by and say sorry you've been through so much physical shit this year with your back an' all.

Here's wishing you and your family a wonderful xmas and, of course, a happy new year.

Much love

Leo xox
Leo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-22-2014, 07:25 PM   #560
julie48

Hi Nancy and Leo: Thanks for the good wishes. Well, the surgery went fine, I have 25 staples in back which come out in the morning (Tues.). I have been going to internship to see my clients and do paperwork. As for shopping, it is done, and it was done slowly....lol. The doc wrote me a script for Norco after my back surgery. Took them for three days and went right back on subs within 15hrs of my last Norco. Don't like being on pain meds. I am still on a teeeeny amount of sub. Maybe like a 1/4 of a 1/4. haha! That would be an 1/8th.

I will be going to my mom's for Christmas. I bought my twins everything Juicy Couture. Juicy tops, Juicy perfume!! They love Juicy. I also bought them make up and footies too. My older daughter (she is 26, the twins are 24) I am sending her a check as she lives in AZ.

Not much happening. Back to school Jan. 14. Time is a flying. Yes, I have one more academic class other than my supervision classes, and internship, then I am done. Dr. Julie??? No, I decided against it. I might go for another Master's, maybe in social work. We'll see......

I hope you are both well and that your holidays are as special as you are.

Blessings and love, Julie
Unread 12-23-2014, 07:39 AM   #561
NancyB
Administrator

Hi Julie, holy crap, 25 staples?? That sounds painful. I hope it's not as hurtful as it sounds and I hope everything goes well when you get them out this morning. OUCH.

That's commendable that you were able to get out and go shopping at all! Very nice gifts for your twins! They should be thrilled with all of that nice stuff! Will your Arizona daughter be back to visit in the near future? How is your mom doing?

Aw, no Dr. Julie. I don't blame you. It sounds like an awful lot of work and it sounds like it would interfere with working with and helping people like you've been doing at the internship. Have the internship people mentioned anything about openings coming up where you could possibly be hired at some point?

I hope you and your family and the gangstas have a very merry Christmas and I hope you have a very happy and HEALTHY 2015!

(((hugs)))

Nancy
One User Says Thank You to NancyB For This Useful Post:
Thank You (12-24-2014)
Unread 01-01-2015, 08:25 AM   #562
julie48

Hi Nancy and Happy New Year. I got the staples removed last week and I am having less back pain, but the incision site where the implant in my back is is sore....yup NO Dr. Julie. Internship is going great, I am so busy with clients and paperwork it is nuts. But love it.

I intern at a halfway house, really nice place but so busy I could not see the bottom of my desk Tues.!!!

I hope you are well. I miss you and I am sorry I have not been on often, I have no time lately but I am going to try to make more of an effort becasue I care about everyone on here. As far as the subs go I am still on a teeny amount. Really want off, but not ready yet due to my hectic schedule. I go back to school in two weeks then graduate with my Masters' Degree in Clinical Mental Health & Addcitiions Counseling in June! Wow! How time flies. I think going for my Dotorate is unnecessary. Unless I plan on being a Professor or Researcher I really see no need. And when I get my LCPC, I can still open my own practice if I choose. I sure as heck don't want to teach at the Graduate level. NO thank you.

I hope you had a Merry Christmas and I wish you a blessed, healthy New Year. The gangstas are still just that, gangstas!!! They are so cute I can't imagine life without them. How your array of characters???

Happy New Year again Nancy........xoxoxo Julie CADC, MS (almost!)
Thank You (01-01-2015)
Unread 01-01-2015, 02:19 PM   #563
NancyB
Administrator

Happy HEALTHY new year to you Julie!! I hope the incision site heals and is pain free soon.

How was your Christmas? I hope you had a wonderful one and the gangstas too. I'm guessing Santa left them a case of pupperonis?

I don't blame you for not wanting to go for the doctorate. Especially since it would only mean that you could research or teach by adding that. I think you'll positively impact many more lives by counseling! Maybe we'll just call you MS. CADC. heehee

Always look forward to when you have time to stop by. But you have such a busy schedule, we'll wait for your next cameo appearance!

Not too many critters that I've seen lately. The usual opossums and raccoons and a fox at night. Birds, including a hawk who hangs out in the yard a lot. I like when she's here because it keeps the squirrels and chipmunks away.

Happy, healthy 2015!

(((hugs)))

Nancy
One User Says Thank You to NancyB For This Useful Post:
Thank You (01-04-2015)
Unread 01-02-2015, 07:39 AM   #564
Leo

Hey Dr Julie. You will always be a doctor to me!

Happy New Year hon. I look forward to talking with you this year.

Leo xox
Leo is offline   Reply With Quote
One User Says Thank You to Leo For This Useful Post:
Thank You (01-04-2015)
Unread 01-04-2015, 05:48 PM   #565
julie48

HI Nancy and Leo. AWWWW Leo, thanks your sweet. I hope you both had a Happy New Year. Mine was fine. Unfortunately I am in terrible, awful pain today. I can't beleive this. The pain in my back is fierce. I am going to the doctor Tues. morning before internship. They will have to reprogram me. Ugh!!! But other than that I am alive and well.

It seems some days I can't get a handle on all this insanity. I work counseling addicts and the crazy thing is I am not "whole'. I try to be everything to everyone and it is wearing me down emotionally and physically. I am not complaining and maybe this is just the pain talking. Today is not a good day for me and I hope it gets better. I just wanted to pop in and give a hello. Be well my friends. Julie
Unread 01-05-2015, 07:22 AM   #566
NancyB
Administrator

Hi Julie, oh no. I can't believe you're in pain. That pump is supposed to relieve it! What medication is in it? Can you go today to have it adjusted?

You need to take care of YOU. Is your hubby helping out at home. You can't be everything to everyone, you need to be a healthy Julie first. Ok. Lecture over. I just don't like hearing you so worn down.

When you can, please let me know if the pump adjustment helped.

(((hugs)))

Nancy
Unread 02-18-2015, 02:22 PM   #567
julie48

Hi Everyone: It's been a while....I am so busy with Grad school and clients I have no time to breathe!! Nancy, they did not put in the pump, they put in what is called a "Spinal Cord Stimulator" which is wires and a battery in my back which blocks pain signals. Unfortunately one of the wires was implanted too deeply during surgery and I am awful pain now and have been since surgery. I am seeing doc on the 24th. If they can't figure a way to reprogram this stimulator, back to surgery.

Nancy, I really love where I am interning at, I have several clients. We have 12 residents and I must say I am learning a lot. I graduate with my Masters June 20th. I must also say working in addictions is hitting close to home for me and I at times feel so overwhelmed, (the paperwork is unreal) and I have to be careful not to cross boundaries. My supervisor is happy with me and I was given a great first evaluation. But as I said I am overwhelmed at times, in pain all the time and I feel unsure at times.

I am still on a very miniscule amount of suboxone. I suppose I will try to taper off completely once school/intern is over. I hope you are doing well and I miss all of you. It seems all I am doing is school, work, counseling others, writing treatment plans, ASAMS, discharge summaries, etc.

On another note, hubby went back to work. If you remember he was forced into retirement after 28 years at his company. Well, he got hired at another company. Full benefits, 401K, etc. God is good.

Off to school Nancy but I will check back tonight. xoxoxo Julie
Unread 02-18-2015, 07:07 PM   #568
NancyB
Administrator

Hi Julie! Always nice when you stop by! Oh, I thought you were getting that pump. Yikes, that's crazy they put the wire in too deep. You poor thing, I hope you don't have to go back to surgery. I think you've had enough already!

Your internship sounds like it's rewarding, but a lot of work with everything else going on. I think that since you're so mindful of those boundaries, you'll stop yourself cold if you feel you're starting to cross one. That's too bad there's so much paperwork, but I guess everything probably has to be documented very specifically.

Are you getting any Julie time at all? When is your next break? You have such an overflowing plate, I hope that you can get a break soon. Especially a break from your pain. That has to make everything so much more difficult.

Wow! That is one piece of really good news about your hubby! Good for him! And you - heehee, now he won't be underfoot. Speaking of underfoot, how are my gangsta buddies doing?

(((((hugs))))))

Nancy
Unread 02-20-2015, 08:09 PM   #569
julie48

Hi Nancy!! The Gangsta buddies are doing wonderful. Old Hound dog just got groomed today...she looks so beautiful. Mopsy will be groomed in two weeks as he is a little guy and it is FREEZING here in Illinois. So he will remain fluffy for a bit longer.

Yes, there is a lot of paperwork, especially working in addictions. I am teaching a psycho-educational class April 1 on the Relevance of Spirituality in 12-Step Recovery. I will be teaching before 28 men and 12 women. Ugh!!
Other than that I am not getting too much "me" time though I did get a pedicure today. Other than that I am swamped and overwhelmed. I have been feeling somewhat depressed lately. I miss my dad. I wish he was here. My mom's dementia is a little more pronounced. I mean she is fine for the most part but her "judgement" is not good a lot of the time and I worry sick about her.
I hope you are well. Any critters in the backyard. Take care of yourself as well Nancy and Blessings to all of you. Julie xoxox
Unread 02-21-2015, 07:31 AM   #570
NancyB
Administrator

Hi Julie, glad the gangstas are still gansta. It's freezing here too. 6 right now. Up from 0 a little earlier. And expecting more snow then ice this afternoon/tonight. I cannot wait for spring. Or at this point, any temperature above 30 would be a welcome respite!

I'm sure you'll do fine with teaching the class! Since it's on April fools day, you can always start by saying 'class dismissed' then "April fools". hahaha It's hard to believe that we're in the last week of February already.

I'm sorry you're feeling depressed and missing your dad. You do have so much going on, not only with school, but with your health and worrying about your mom. Is your mom still ok to live by herself or is it time to think about having someone be with her yet? Do you talk with your dad at all - would that help, knowing he's there watching you and listening? I'm glad you took the time and got a pedicure, hopefully you were able to just relax and shut your brain off for a little bit while you were there.

I have the usual critters in the yard. Birds and squirrels and I see bunnies sometimes. But not when the hawk is around. I have a female red tail hawk who hangs out in the yard almost every day now for over a month. Of course I'm sure it helps that I've scooped up a squirrel and then a bunny (both hit by cars on different days) out of the road and threw it in the back yard for her. They ended up one at the end of my driveway, the other by my mailbox so I wanted them out of the way anyways. lol I think a lot of animals are hunkered down trying to keep warm.

I'll be thinking of you on Tuesday when you go to your appointment that can do something non-surgical to help. Let me know what goes on only WHEN you have a minute - you have enough to do, so when you can get to it, you get to it, no pressure, ok??

((((hugs))))

Nancy
Unread 02-23-2015, 07:58 AM   #571
julie48

Hi Nancy! LOL! I think I will say that...."class dismissed" right at the start, then "April fools all!" Great way to start what most of them will consider a boring presentation. I will try to make it fun and engaging, but you know how it is......ugh!

Yes, I do "talk" to my dad, all the time. I am having a hard time living life without him and I need him now more than ever. He would be such a support for me with my mom. BUT, all I can do is pray for guidance, understanding and Grace. I did enjoy the pedicure and of course I socialize with all the gals there, so it is fun when I go. Hopefully something can be done tomorrow at the doc or it is back to surgery. I have this nagging feeling I am gong back to surgery. Oh me oh my.

Before you know it there will be a yard full of critters for you to enjoy!! The gangstas are just being gangstas. Cute as ever and just the best dogs I could ask for. They are such a blessing to me. So dang cute and cuddly and furry and fun!!!

Today I am going to work (intern) to help with an orientation for potential new residents. Every Monday we have an orientation to offer info about our program and for those interested to fill out paperwork so they can get set up for an assessment. I tell you I do so much work there it is crazy. But what a great experience. I am blessed. There are only two interns, me and another lady. She is so nice and we have become friends. There is not a lot of staff at the women's residence, just me, another intern, my supervisor and another counselor who come once or twice a week. I am getting a new client tomorrow. Yup, it is nuts at times.

I hope you stay warm and are taking care of yourself. It is -12 here right now. OMG, it is freeeezing out!! Have a great day and hugs to you.

Julie
Unread 02-23-2015, 07:09 PM   #572
NancyB
Administrator

Hi Julie, you'll have to let me know how your April's fool joke goes over. I think it will loosen things up.

I hope just talking to your dad helps - even just to get things off of your mind and knowing he is watching over you.

I'm wondering if it will be July before I see my lawn again so I can see the critters. hahaha There's just sooo much of it. But a lot less than my brother who lives outside of Boston. He had to have his roof shoveled off because there was way too much snow piled on top it. You have it a lot colder than me. It's 5 right now, but I guess it could go to 10 below tonight. And it was 45 yesterday! People are going to get sick with these fluctuations. You be careful, you don't need to get a cold or flu on top of everything else.

I'll be thinking of you tomorrow. Hoping you get good news and no surgery needed. Let me know - only when you have time. Fingers crossed!!

(((hugs to you and the gangstas!)))

Nancy

Is the place you intern understaffed - it doesn't sound like there's an awfully big staff or do they use interns instead of hiring? Maybe there will be a slot for you when you're done. It sounds like it would be a great place to work.
Unread 03-06-2015, 12:24 PM   #573
julie48

Hi Nancy. How are you? The stupid appt. got pushed back to this Thursday. The doctor was sick. What irony. So I will know what's what this Thursday. As I said, I have a bad feeling.

Where I intern at, there are 12 women. There are 28 residents in the men's house, so there are a few more counselors over there along with interns. We get a lot of people wanting or needing assessments, which are time consuming and half of them don't end up with us as we are not the "right" level of care for them. The decision is made by the person doing the assessment. And it is not always easy telling a young lady we are not appropriate for her. Yes, this place DEPENDS on the interns. We are considered and treated like staff. They are very good to us. BUT, we do an extraordinary amount of work. Great experience though!!

Well, it is finally warming up here. It's going to be 28 today, a heatwave!! I took Mopsy (Clyde) to the groomers today. He is getting the haircut of all haircuts. He is one big fluff ball, he looks like a big marshmallow. It is going to be in the 50's next week, so it is time for him to get groomed. He is not going to be too happy!!! LOL! It'll grow back. Hopefully you'll see the critter before July!!

I am off to lunch now, but I wish you a wonderful day and I will definitely let you know how the "joke" goes April 1. Your the best and please take care of yourself. xo Julie
Unread 03-07-2015, 06:35 AM   #574
NancyB
Administrator

Hi Julie, did you go shopping on the 4th? I hope you did something nice. Happy belated birthday!! A couple of days late, but I hope you had a nice one nonetheless.

That is ironic, the doctor being sick. "Physician heal thyself" obviously didn't work for him... It just sucks because you have to wait another week.

That sounds like a nice rehab. Small so everyone gets the attention they need. Telling someone that the facility isn't right for her has to be hard knowing that they're reaching out for help right then. Does the rehab have any affiliates that you can refer these people to for the appropriate level of care?

hahaha I know, right? It's crazy when 28 is considered warm. It's supposed to be sweltering here today. 36! When it reaches 50, I'm sure there will be people walking around without coats because it will feel like 70. How much snow do you have on the ground. I still have about 2 feet in my yard. I believe that is definitely hampering the visitors here. But the red tailed hawk comes by almost every day. The other day she flew in onto a branch outside my office window with a squirrel she had just killed and started eating. It was like she stopped by to show me. hahaha

How does Mopsy like his new do? How does hubby like his new job?

If you have time, I'd love to know how it goes next Thursday. If not, whenever you have time.

(((hugs)))

Nancy
Unread 03-14-2015, 06:24 PM   #575
julie48

Hi Nancy: My birthday was fine. I had to give a power point presentation on the Relevance of Spirituality in 12-Step Recovery. It went great.

Back to surgery. No way around it. They will call me and let me know when, etc., as soon as they set it up with insurance and hospital. Ugh!!

It was almost 60 today. So warm. Mopsy LOOOOVEs his new hair do. I thought he would be mad. He is sooo happy. Too cute.
I hope all is well with you. I am so busy I can't breathe some days. I really need a vacation. I go on a three week break next week. Thinking about flying out for a few days to either AZ or Ohio.

How is Disneyland back in your yard? Anymore critters????? xooxo Julie
Unread 03-15-2015, 09:27 AM   #576
NancyB
Administrator

Hi Julie, I was hoping you were going to say you went shopping on your birthday. But I guess a presentation going great works too.

Oh not surgery again. What will they be doing? Any idea on how long you'll be in the hospital and what the recovery time is?

We haven't gotten to 60 yet. I was very happy with 50 one day last week and with rain yesterday instead of snow! Still can't see the ground yet. And haven't seen much in the way of animals except for a bunny really early when it's still dark. Which is smart because the hawk still comes into the yard almost every day.

Phew! Glad Mopsy likes his new do. You'd be in trouble otherwise.

I really hope that you do try and get out of town for a few days. Arizona might not be bad for the weather and to see your daughter, but if it's painful to sit for that long on a plane, Ohio might be better. But I think either one will be good, you really need a nice break away.

Always look forward to hearing from you when you have time.

((((hugs))))

Nancy
Unread 03-25-2015, 09:43 PM   #577
julie48

Hi Nancy: Well, the surgery is scheduled for this Monday, early morning. Hopefully this will be it. I hope you are doing well. Before we know it all the critters will be back!! I will touch base after Tuesday!! Blessings. Julie
Unread 03-26-2015, 07:14 AM   #578
NancyB
Administrator

Oh Julie, I will have you in my thoughts Monday and keep my fingers crossed.

((((((hugs)))))))

Nancy
Unread 04-11-2015, 06:00 AM   #579
julie48

Hi Nancy. Well, no surgery took place as I ended up in the hospital the weekend before surgery. I had a terrible infection in my left eye which turned to cellulitis. I got out Sunday morning and the doctor would not do surgery while I had an infection. It is being rescheduled in a few weeks. They have to make sure the infection does not reoccur.

Anyway, I have been so busy I can't think. I started running outpatient group and doing assessments for them too. So now I am working inpatient and outpatient. Help!!

I hope you are doing well and the weather has been good to you. Still on a teeny amount of subs. Ugh!! Maybe .25mg. Blessings and hugs to the critters. Bonnie and Clyde say WOOF!!! Julie xoxo
Unread 04-11-2015, 06:19 AM   #580
NancyB
Administrator

Hi Julie, you poor thing! All that waiting and you get a horrendous eye infection. I'm glad they're being safe and put it off though. Last thing you would need is for the infection to happen again or be worse.

Did you give your talk on April 1 and open with a joke?

Can you back off of some of your responsibilities at the rehab? That sounds like an awful lot of assignments and add in school and regular life, no wonder you can't think!

WOOF back to Bonnie and Clyde. The weather hasn't been that great, cold, rainy and raw. But it's supposed to be nice this weekend. We'll see.

Please try to see if you can get some downtime somewhere in your schedule. As for the Suboxone, you'll get there. Maybe after your surgery you'll just not need it.

Take care of yourself!!!

(((((hugs)))))

Nancy
Unread 04-12-2015, 06:48 PM   #581
julie48

HI Nancy: OH YEAH!! I forgot to tell you about the lecture I did. Yes, it went awesome. I did the women's residence first, then I went over to the men's residence. I was so nervous the whole day before I went at 7pm to do it but it ended up all good. Everyone was engaging and respectful.

I do need to take some time for myself, but I have to do what I have to do and the treatment center is understaffed and very busy, so I am kind of stuck, but I do love it, I am just exhausted.

I will tell you I am very stressed Nancy. Outside of "work", my mother is getting nuttier with the dementia. She can function fine, drive, dress, go out with friends, etc., but her judgement is bad and her personality is changing. I have a bad feeling this isn't going to end well for her. (meaning the prognosis of ending up with Alzheimer.) I am worried sick and am doing my best. Oh, it is just so stressful.

I hope the weather gets better, it was nice yesterday and today here in Illinois, but rain is coming back tonight. I can't wait til you get to see the critters again. Tell them I say "hello critters!!"

Be well and thanks Nancy, you are gem. xoox Julie
Unread 04-12-2015, 10:52 PM   #582
morphing

Julie,

I'm glad to hear your presentation was such a success. The reality is that every organization still in existence is understaffed...and has been at least since the Great Recession. SO, you just have to do the best you can during your regular hours, and then make sure you take care of yourself and take the time you and your family need. You can't make up for the shortfall in the entire U.S. economy, so don't stress yourself over it. Your dedication is admirable, and I definitely encourage everyone to have a strong work ethic, unfortunately, things aren't the way they were back in the 50's. The organization doesn't always look after you like they used to, so you have to look out for yourself.
morphing is offline   Reply With Quote
One User Says Thank You to morphing For This Useful Post:
Thank You (04-14-2015)
Unread 04-13-2015, 07:00 AM   #583
NancyB
Administrator

Hi Julie, fabulous that the lecture went well and sounds like everyone was receptive.

You have so much going on, I just worry about you getting totally burned and that would not be good for you. Maybe there can be a compromise of some sort, or maybe they can start paying you! Especially with your mom's situation. That in itself is enough to totally stress someone out. It's good that she's able to do all the ADL, but the poor judgement, is that anyone can help you oversee, or are they things she's just doing on her own and having someone there a few hours a day wouldn't matter?

It was nice here yesterday and will be today before the rain tomorrow. Oh! A bear knocked over my neighbors trash can and dragged some of it into my yard overnight last Tuesday! I haven't seen it, but there was a huge pile of poop that he left behind. Luckily in the neighbor's yard! Hopefully it got it's fill and moved on. I don't want to have to look over my shoulder when the ground is dry enough to do yard work!

Take care of yourself!!!

((((hugs))))

Nancy
Unread 05-14-2015, 02:10 PM   #584
julie48

Hi All: Just a quick note. Leaving town next week for some self-care (over memorial day weekend). I have been so busy I can't think straight. My anxiety level is maxed out, my mother's dementia is too much to take and I am burned out. Internship is good, cut my hours down, they agreed, thank goodness. Be back soon. Love you all. Nancy, hope you are well. Julie
Unread 05-15-2015, 06:57 AM   #585
NancyB
Administrator

Hi Julie, you have no idea how happy I was reading that you will be taking time for yourself and that you cut your hours down at the rehab. What can be done about your mom's dementia - I mean to relieve your stress. Is it time for her to have caretakers or move into an assisted living facility? I'm sure if you knew she wasn't alone 24/7, that would take some stress away.

Did you have the surgery?

Miss you too! I'm thrilled you're getting away. Have fun and just concentrate on YOU.

(((((hugs)))))

Nancy
Unread 12-20-2015, 08:02 PM   #586
julie48

Hi Nancy!! I am back for good now! I have been so busy with school and graduated with my Masters in Clinical Mental Health Counseling and I am officially a Licensed Alcohol and Drug Counselor in the state of Illinois. I have worked so hard and if not for the subs, this board and you, I could have never done it!!! I am going to go over the posts and see what I can post myself. Lots to tell you later. xooxoo Julie
Unread 12-20-2015, 08:59 PM   #587
NancyB
Administrator

JULIE!!!! Wow! Congratulations on your Masters and your LADC!! You go!

Can't wait to hear more! So nice to 'see' you!

(((hugs)))

Nancy
Unread 12-22-2015, 06:47 PM   #588
julie48

Thanks Nancy. I hope you are doing well. I am doing good. My health is not so great, but I keep going. My mom is worse, eventually she will need 24/7 care, but no quite yet. Very sad. How is the weather in Conn. We have had NO snow hardly and it had been in the 40's and 50's. I would prefer a white Christmas to be honest! I have been seeing client, facilitating groups and dong psyco-educational presentations. Plate is full, I am drained, but like I said I just keep going, like the energizer bunny!! LOL! Merry Christmas Nancy and to all of you. Take it from me, it gets better, one day at a time!!
Missed you to my rock star Nancy!!! xooox Julie
Unread 12-22-2015, 07:35 PM   #589
Sam Bailey

Hi Julie,

Welcome back!

Sounds like your plate is practically spilling over, not just full! On the one hand though, that's a good thing. You certainly worked hard to get where you now are. Good for you, Julie.

And, I expect, good for all those folks (patients, etc.) who are getting the benefit of all your hard work. You're doing a good, good thing to help those people. Bless 'em all!

Sorry to learn about your Mom. I recall you mentioning that her health wasn't so great. Damn. Sometimes aging just plain sucks!

As for your health? You're still young, youngish, that's for certain, especially to a 60-sumthing character like moi---so here's hoping that whatever ails you goes away and that you start feeling better 'n better.

Anyway.

Good to see you posting again.

best,

sam b
Sam Bailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-23-2015, 05:57 AM   #590
NancyB
Administrator

Hi Julie, I'm sorry to hear about your mom. Will you have someone in her home with her when it's time for 24/7 care or will she move to a facility? Either way, it should take some stress off of you knowing she has someone there all the time. Did you ever get that operation done, or would it not help? How are the Gangstas?! Look at me rapid-firing questions! I'm sorry.

Did you get a position at the place you were interning? I hope I hope I hope. That will be my last question. For now. hahaha

Looks like we'll be close 65 to 70 tomorrow and low 60s on Christmas Day. I actually don't mind. I feel badly for the little kids who would want a white Christmas, but for people traveling, it just makes it a whole lot easier.

I hope you get at least a little bit of time off around the holidays Julie. Even the energizer bunny gets to shut off once in a while.

I missed you too!! Merry Christmas and a happy, healthy 2016.

(((hugs)))

Nancy
Unread 12-24-2015, 12:57 PM   #591
julie48

Thank you Nancy and Sam. I have lots to tell you but right now I am over flowing with things to do. I wish each and everyone of you a safe, healthy, Happy Holiday!! PLEASE remain mindful as you go about the season and remember no of us want to go back to the darkness. Bless you and I will post again very soon!! xooxo Julie
Unread 12-25-2015, 06:36 AM   #592
NancyB
Administrator

Hi Julie! I hope you're able to take some time for yourself to rest and enjoy your Christmas!!

Merry merry Christmas my dear!

(((hugs)))

Nancy
Unread 12-25-2015, 10:25 AM   #593
julie48

Merry christmas to all of the survivors on this board and to all the facilitators and their families as well. Have a happy, healthy new year!!!!