Addiction Survivors

Notices

Unread 03-03-2017, 10:10 AM   #1
Sugar7

Hey Everybody! I just joined today, but I been on Subs for almost 7 years after being on the pill chasing merry go around for 20+ years. Suboxone not only saved my life, they give me the ability to function. I saw a new dr yesterday and he says I don't need 2 strips a day after this long- I TRIED to explain that this is the amount that my last Dr ( moved) worked with me to reach a comfortable, appropriate level that works BUT he wasn't hearing or caring! Anyway, I will be seeing a different Dr before the month is over because him stating I will be fine just a little uncomfortable tells me that HE is NOT a Dr that should be treating Recovering Addicts! Also, JS. I had foot surgery last month, and stopped Subs 3 days prior for Anesthesia purpose but for afterwards narcotic painkillers will not do anything for us people on Medication therapy & if You get a narcotic filled while on Suboxone Your Sub dr may drop You from his care. Make sure to tell everyone that treats you that you are on Sub or Zub (same ingredients) because I promise you that pain will subside- however getting cut off of Subs at once is horrendous.
Sugar7 is offline   Reply With Quote
One User Says Thank You to Sugar7 For This Useful Post:
Thank You (03-06-2017)
Unread 03-07-2017, 05:10 PM   #2
jimash55

Welcome Sugar and keep posting!
jimash55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-08-2017, 10:25 PM   #3
Sugar7

I am still searching for Doc in South Mississippi ( that accepts Medicare & Medicaid). I have called over 50 names with results being either 1. Not accepting new Suboxone patients 2. $300 for first visit & $150-$200 every month following ( Clear on coming every month!) - Hello, I can't afford that! A lot of these people are very rude too; making me think they don't care much for recovering addicts. 😭 I put my name & info into the treatment match , but the doctor that responded says Medicare/Medicaid not accepted cause it doesn't pay for medicine ( Not True!) . Oh how I wish I only had a dr that cares.... 🙄
Sugar7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-08-2017, 10:48 PM   #4
nan

Hello Sugar7, Just wondering if you can stay with your existing dr? If you have been taking 16mg daily I can understand why the dr is suggesting going down. There is a ceiling effect-taking more and more will do nothing, except cause side effects like constipation, sleepiness, etc. Ceiling effect is somewhere between 12-14mg. Generally folks lower the amount they need as their recovery goes along. Have you gone to any therapy, groups, counseling, etc? I will attach a couple of links for you to read through-maybe that will explain some of what I have written.

Yes, unfortunately there is still a stigma attached to addiction treatment. One would think medical folks would have better understanding. Sounds like you have experienced some who are still ignorant. That is sad, but don't let that stop you from continuing treatment.

http://www.addictionsurvivors.org/vb...ad.php?t=21609

http://www.addictionsurvivors.org/vb...ad.php?t=21140

Best wishes,

nan
nan is offline   Reply With Quote
One User Says Thank You to nan For This Useful Post:
Thank You (03-09-2017)