Addiction Survivors

Notices

Unread 12-22-2016, 12:00 PM   #1
LolitaX

Thumbs up First time

I have just recently started taking suboxone, since Dec. 5, and I can say it has changed my life around. I was consuming around 300mg of roxys a day. I was very unhappy. But I did not have time to go to rehab. This allowed me to continue my everyday life without taking a break. I am on day 17 and couldn't be happier. I was really scared of the detox but suboxone really helped. I hope anyne who needs, can find the strength to better themselves. It took forever for me, but it is never too late.

I will keep updated.
LolitaX is offline   Reply With Quote
2 Users Say Thank You to LolitaX For This Useful Post:
Thank You (12-22-2016), Thank You (12-22-2016)
Unread 12-22-2016, 06:03 PM   #2
NancyB
Administrator

Hi LolitaX, welcome and congratulations on getting your life back. Are you in counseling in addition to taking the medication? This is a good thread to read, as it describes the phases of treatment in general.
http://addictionsurvivors.org/vbulle...ad.php?t=23809

Look forward to hearing more from you.

Nancy
Important disclaimer: Any information in this post is not and does not constitute medical advice under any circumstances. Addiction Survivors, Inc. does not warranty or guarantee the accurateness, completeness, adequacy or currency of the information contained in or linked to the Site. Your use of information on the Site or materials linked to the Site is entirely at your own risk. NEVER take any online advice over that of a qualified healthcare provider. Any information contained on AddictionSurvivors.org should only serve to inspire further investigation with credible, verifiable references sources such as your physician or therapist.
NancyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-27-2017, 03:02 AM   #3
LolitaX

I am not in any specific drug counseling, except for the many posts I see on here that help me out, but I recently have been going to a psychologist/psychiatrist and talk to them. I also have very few close friends who have also battled their drug demons and won and they are the best support group I have. But thank you very much for the info. (:
Unread 02-27-2017, 04:48 AM   #4
LolitaX

Default Almost 3 months

So,
As I said I was a heavy user of Roxy for about two and a half-three years doing about 300mg a day. I was working myself to death(3-4 jobs and making money on the side anyway I could) just to be able to afford a habit that was slowly taking the joy out of my life and my life itself. Ruined many good things, lost many friendships, lost many good people. The worst part was how I was so dishonest with myself as if I had to lie to myself to get away from myself. I think people will understand this. But it has been almost 3 months since I began my treatment with bupe and I feel as if i have come full circle. I know I am just in the beginning and have a long way to go, but I have since then started school and work normal hours actually trying to build myself a future. And it feels really good. It's crazy how much time you lose when you're chasing a high you won't ever get again. But just the fact I can afford to buy me a milkshake when I want and not to be freaking out about how I can get something to not be sick but then want more and more and initially start the vicious cycle is really worth it. I know there's a lot of people dealing with addiction out there and I know it is very difficult, especially if you have no support, to quit. But remember, it is you who has to deal with you. Your thoughts, your feelings (physically and emotionally) and everyone comes to a point where they don't know what to do. When this happens, just remember: You are worth it, no matter how many horrible things you have done. You are strong enough to do it. And know that sometimes it is your story that can help not only you, but someone who needs some sort of comfort or push in knowing that they are not alone that can change or impact someone enough for them to truly want to quit and change for the better. It isn't always easy, it doesn't always happen instantaneously, and sometimes it does not feel worth it. But sometimes change is for the better. And sometimes that change can bring you places you had never before thought you were capable of being. And it is so rewarding. Like a sober high. So just keep pushing. Stay strong. Stay TRUE to yourself. LOVE yourself. And remember what the path is and try not to stray. (Even if you do, you can always get back on it.) I hope this isn't too cheesy but I am just in such a better place, I thought I'd share.
LolitaX
Unread 02-27-2017, 04:54 AM   #5
LolitaX

Default PostScript:

Also,
I am very open to discussing anything about bupe or addiction. I would like to help, if I can, in anyway. Don't think I don't have bad days where it seems easier to just throw it all away. But as brothers and sisters, we should look out for each other. Hope ya'll are having a good night. And if not, at least have a safe night.
One User Says Thank You to LolitaX For This Useful Post:
Thank You (02-27-2017)
Unread 02-27-2017, 06:24 AM   #6
NancyB
Administrator

Hi LolitaX, you sound great! How wonderful that you're almost at 3 months! Glad you're going to a psychiatrist/psychologist and it's helpful.

I really like what you have to say here, and NO it's not cheesy at all. I think this is so profound:

"You are worth it, no matter how many horrible things you have done. You are strong enough to do it. And know that sometimes it is your story that can help not only you, but someone who needs some sort of comfort or push in knowing that they are not alone that can change or impact someone enough for them to truly want to quit and change for the better. It isn't always easy, it doesn't always happen instantaneously, and sometimes it does not feel worth it. But sometimes change is for the better. And sometimes that change can bring you places you had never before thought you were capable of being. And it is so rewarding. Like a sober high. So just keep pushing. Stay strong. Stay TRUE to yourself. LOVE yourself. And remember what the path is and try not to stray. (Even if you do, you can always get back on it.) I hope this isn't too cheesy but I am just in such a better place, I thought I'd share."

Please check back when you can.

Nancy
Important disclaimer: Any information in this post is not and does not constitute medical advice under any circumstances. Addiction Survivors, Inc. does not warranty or guarantee the accurateness, completeness, adequacy or currency of the information contained in or linked to the Site. Your use of information on the Site or materials linked to the Site is entirely at your own risk. NEVER take any online advice over that of a qualified healthcare provider. Any information contained on AddictionSurvivors.org should only serve to inspire further investigation with credible, verifiable references sources such as your physician or therapist.
Unread 03-27-2017, 03:49 AM   #7
LolitaX

Well thank you Nancy! I feel much better seriously. And thank you. Sometimes I go on weird philosophical rants but I hope they do some good!!
One User Says Thank You to LolitaX For This Useful Post:
Thank You (03-27-2017)
Unread 03-27-2017, 06:22 AM   #8
NancyB
Administrator

Oh, they're not weird at all. I think they're very insightful and, as I said in your other thread, I hope that people read your words and are inspired to get help.

Thank YOU!!

Nancy