Addiction Survivors

Notices

Unread 06-25-2016, 06:13 AM   #1
Meejaycoran

Default Coming off subutex and suboxone... Easy does it.

Well, I've Red mini great inspiring stories on this website. It gave me the inspiration that I like to quit taking Subutex as well. This past week started my journey. For a brief background, I was prescribed 3 8mg tablets daily but only took half of one at most for the past three or four years but I am tired and ready to come off that medication. After reading meanie meanie stories from some of you guys, I am positive I can do it. Therefore Monday, I started literally micro dosing and the only way I felt any ache or pain was because I didn't have any benzos. I was also prescribed Klonopin 2 mg a day. But if you live in Georgia, you probably heard about my doctor a.k.a. Dr. death. Needless to say, he help me get off pain medication but after his license got revoked and I did not have my own prescription per se, it's just getting too expensive until I get health insurance or just off it. I am in a in NA program which is awesome. I'm going to give you a brief summary of this past week and how I am tapering and stopping my sub you t i'm going to give you a brief summary of this past week and how I am tapering and stopping my Subs.. I've been on 2mg at most for the past 6 months after my dr was ended and this week after reading some of the postings I made the decision I could do it to!!!! I am a very positive person and I know the God of my understanding will help. Well to start off this week, I had to buy some Xanax 2 mg tablets for the sleeplessness and restless legs(I take one when I wake up and another when I go to bed; it seems to help). This entire week I've only taken 1-2mg every other day or two and felt fine. The benzo helps me a lot. I know that's another demon I'll face when I'm ready. My stomach has yet to act up like it has with opiate withdrawal before, but I'm praying and hoping that the tiny tiny dosage I've taken every other day or two days this past week won't cause too much pain, I'm getting ready to start a new job and it could possibly be the best career choice I've ever been offered with benefits. I really just want to say thank you for everyone who is posted on here who's giving me courage to know I can do this too! It's really late at night so I'm probably missing a few things or what what else I want to say. But if anyone has any advice or tips or anything at all please feel free to message me respond back. I'm in gods hands, so wish me luck and I will keep you guys posted on how this goes. I know everybody is different but I think this is the best decision I can make right now. Love you all !! if it was not for this website I would not think I had a chance of coming off Subby text like this…
Clint
Meejaycoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-25-2016, 07:42 AM   #2
NancyB
Administrator

Hi Clint, welcome. Congrats on the new job and your taper. You have a great attitude that will go a long way in doing this! Have you been exercising - that's one huge thing that seems to have helped.

Please keep us posted on your progress!

Nancy
Important disclaimer: Any information in this post is not and does not constitute medical advice under any circumstances. Addiction Survivors, Inc. does not warranty or guarantee the accurateness, completeness, adequacy or currency of the information contained in or linked to the Site. Your use of information on the Site or materials linked to the Site is entirely at your own risk. NEVER take any online advice over that of a qualified healthcare provider. Any information contained on AddictionSurvivors.org should only serve to inspire further investigation with credible, verifiable references sources such as your physician or therapist.
NancyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-25-2016, 09:34 AM   #3
Meejaycoran

Thank you for the kind words Nancy. They really mean a lot... Yeah, so far nothing physical that's got me aching yet.. I'm about to help a friend move for a few hours and I feel fine as of now. I wonder how I'm going to feel Monday.. I've read some people don't really go through too much worth draw, and hopefully since I've been microdosing the past times this week I'll be okay. Got to stay positive! I know I'm going to be super uncomfortable, but I was taught I ever get comfortable, then I'm doing something wrong no matter the circumstances. Love getting uncomfortable to become comfortable. All with life! Thank you and prayers are needed.
One User Says Thank You to Meejaycoran For This Useful Post:
Thank You (06-25-2016)
Unread 06-26-2016, 06:41 AM   #4
NancyB
Administrator

Hi Clint, how did the move go. That's good exercise for endorphins. Try to stop thinking about how you may or may not feel. This is an old thread, but there are a lot of really good points in it. Especially about overthinking.
http://www.addictionsurvivors.org/vb...ad.php?t=16077

It's hard to predict withdrawals because there are so many factors. One especially is tolerance for discomfort - what's really uncomfortable for one person may be nothing to even mention to another. Keeping my fingers crossed that you're in the very little withdrawal category!

Nancy
Important disclaimer: Any information in this post is not and does not constitute medical advice under any circumstances. Addiction Survivors, Inc. does not warranty or guarantee the accurateness, completeness, adequacy or currency of the information contained in or linked to the Site. Your use of information on the Site or materials linked to the Site is entirely at your own risk. NEVER take any online advice over that of a qualified healthcare provider. Any information contained on AddictionSurvivors.org should only serve to inspire further investigation with credible, verifiable references sources such as your physician or therapist.
Unread 06-26-2016, 03:37 PM   #5
Meejaycoran

Thanks Nancy!! So far so good, thank you for that other post to read through.. It all makes sense.. I'm going to continue going to meetings daily, staying busy, praying and staying positive. That's been working great for me. Have a great weekend!
Unread 06-27-2016, 06:11 AM   #6
NancyB
Administrator

Hi Clint, I'm glad it was helpful! Sounds like you have a good plan in place and please let us know how you're doing when you have time.

Nancy
Unread 06-27-2016, 12:57 PM   #7
Meejaycoran

Just have to remember mind over matter. I feel sore today, but nothing to fuss about. My benzos have helped a good bit with sleep and the anxiousness..going to NA meetings daily also help me mentally. I've got a job interview Wednesday and just want to be okay and not sweating in my suit. L
Unread 06-28-2016, 06:43 AM   #8
NancyB
Administrator

Hi Clint, good luck tomorrow! Let us know how that goes and how you're doing when you have a chance.

Nancy
Unread 06-28-2016, 02:43 PM   #9
Meejaycoran

Thanks Nancy, so far just staying positive and trying to keep moving and reading...it's weird, starting to get feelings back so body is getting sore, upset stomach, sneezing lol but all is expected. I had take a little more of my benzo to help and Its done wonders! Tonight I should go pick up my 30 day key tag at NA so pretty happy. Just hope I'm not sweating too bad in the interviews. The higher benzo dosage seems to mask the wd a good bit. Anyone reading this, and wanting to get off you can do it!! Been on subs for years and my doc to was shut down so had to get them from friends; now I'm going to be off them suckers and more money. One day at a time!
Unread 06-29-2016, 05:53 AM   #10
NancyB
Administrator

Hi Clint, congrats on your 30 day key tag - that's really great! Hopefully the sweating won't be an issue at your interview today. I'll keep my fingers crossed that it goes well and you get the job!

Nancy
Unread 06-29-2016, 08:09 AM   #11
Meejaycoran

Thanks Nancy, I won't lie, when I put my suit on I become an arrogant, confident salesman lol it's a cut throat world. I have the tinyest piece of sub to take just to make sure I feel comfortable in the interview and be able to sell myself.
Unread 06-30-2016, 12:58 AM   #12
Meejaycoran

Hey Nancy, just wanted to say I felt great today during the job interview. I did take a microdose piece of suboxone before just to make sure, I could fully interact with others since it was a group interview. Never had expierence with one of this style, but simply, the two managers and the 8 or 9 of us interviewing would all be doing a task. The managers would select one person to talk with at a time and then the others, we would essentially have one on ones with the others and make judgements on them, which was neat. I got along with everyone very well and made them laugh. I was dressed very sharp in my suit without sweating in this Georgia heat! I felt that everyone I spoke with scored md high because of my positivity and just being blunt. Then my turn to talk to the managers came; I wasn't nervous, more excited than Anything. They asked me a question they didn't ask anyone else in the room. They said, "so Clinton is there anyone else in the room as confident as the three of us? And point he/she out". So, I'm praying I'll get the call back for a second round interview and also since I'm not really doing much I plan to skip a day from taken any bit of suboxone and just keep doing what I'm doing! Wish me luck for the second round phone call. It's a great job that's has a good salary, high commissions and benifits!! I'll let you know how I feel tomorrow or I get a call before Friday inviting me back for another interview. One love
Thank You (06-30-2016)
Unread 06-30-2016, 06:20 AM   #13
NancyB
Administrator

Hi Clint, wow, a group interview? I've never even heard of those before. Yikes. But it sounds like an interesting way to do things. That is so cool they asked you that question about confidence! I'd be surprised if they did not call you back! I'm keeping my fingers crossed - even though you probably won't need it.

Just keep doing what you're doing, it's working!

Nancy
Unread 06-30-2016, 11:49 AM   #14
Meejaycoran

Nancy,
Yeah, it was my first group interview as well. The concept was interesting but just praying I get a call back. Still exercising riding a bike because I remember a long time ago I didn't take any medicine for a few days and because my brain was constantly on other stuff. Wding didn't phase me, but like I said before micro dosing on the meds and skipping days is going to be my path. Lol all I can think about is getting that phone call, for a second round interview is the only thing on my mind right now! Hope everyone reading this knows everyone's body is different so they will have different wd symtems but posting in this forum is great support. Even if you don't post just read with an open mind and stay positive!
Unread 07-01-2016, 07:53 AM   #15
NancyB
Administrator

Hi Clint, did you hear anything yet? Still have my fingers crossed!

What fabulous advice right here!

"Hope everyone reading this knows everyone's body is different so they will have different wd symtems but posting in this forum is great support. Even if you don't post just read with an open mind and stay positive!"

Thank you!!

Nancy
Unread 07-01-2016, 02:05 PM   #16
Meejaycoran

Hey Nancy!
Just got the call for the second round interview!! So happy and know I can make through that. Just got to study some of the systems the company sells from and the sky is the limit. Blessed. Not taking any subs today. Yeah, everyone will be okay as long as you stay positive!
Thank You (07-01-2016)
Unread 07-02-2016, 06:22 AM   #17
NancyB
Administrator

That's fabulous Clint! When is the interview? With you studying the company and the products, that's really going to show them that they NEED to hire you. Excited for you!

How did the no bupe go yesterday?

Have a great 4th of July weekend!!

Nancy
Unread 07-03-2016, 11:28 PM   #18
Meejaycoran

Hey Nancy,
Happy Fourth of July!! Thank you for the congratulations my next intervirw is with the Ceo on Wednesday. Also, have another intervirw at Outback Steakhouse close to where I'm living and it'll be good practice intervirw for the big one Wednesday! I took a tiny piece today, less than 1mg but befor that it was last Wednesday on the time of the first intervirw. Yesterday, I did a landscaping job laying a pallet of sod in this Georgia heat...sore lol today was an awesome day! My sponsor picked me up, worked on some step work and the hit the lake for some jet ski riding! Haven't hung out with anyone without drugs or bc of drugs in a long time plus it was the first time I had been to the lake in 7 years.. My plan this week as go as long as I can. Maybe Wednesday if I have to for the intervirw but other than just staying positive and studying staying busy.
Have a great and safe fourth everybody!
Thank You (07-04-2016)
Unread 07-04-2016, 07:21 AM   #19
NancyB
Administrator

Hi Clint, that's perfect having the Outback interview as a practice run. Though I'm sure you'll knock both of them out of the park! Holy crap, a pallet of sod in Georgia on July 2? Your Sunday sounds so much better, and more fun and a fabulous feat of hanging out with people without drugs/alcohol. Especially on a holiday weekend. Good for you!

That's really great you can go so long in between doses. You're heading into the homestretch and should soon have your bupe "Independence Day"! Hope you do something fun again today!

Nancy
Unread 07-04-2016, 04:58 PM   #20
Meejaycoran

Hey Nancy,
Hope you are enjoying the holiday weekend! Today was relaxing, went swimming at the lake and going to an NA meeting this evening. Don't get to much better than that. Yeah, I'm pretty confident when outback sees me and realizes I'm a salesperson in a nice suit they might not won't be to serve lol but it's just more experience interview before I meet the ceo on Wednesday and pray I get offered the position.. I stopped creating goals and replaced them with a vision of where I want to be and nothing will stop me. That vison also includes being bios free. Lol I like you're independent day reference to bupe!! If offered the position I would start on my birthday 7/11 and would be the best gift available! The only problem or obstacle if I get the position is transportation. It's an hour away from where I'm staying now on the Southside of atl & I figure after a few checks I'll be able to rent a room in the area until I get my license back. The other obstacle is damn probation and I don't know I'm going to tell them or inform them. I would like to prove my worthyness first because probation held me back from another job similar but I've been praying and I know my higher power sees all the work I'm putting into this; studying, watching seminars and you name but I guess I'll cross that bridge as it comes. One day at a time!

Have a safe day Nancy! What are you located?
Unread 07-05-2016, 05:58 AM   #21
NancyB
Administrator

Hi Clint, Sounds like another fun day for you yesterday! Well, maybe when Outback sees you, they'll want to hire you figuring you'll upsell every order! I really like that instead of goals, you're envisioning yourself doing things instead. What a great approach!

That is a quandary about when to tell them about probation. Do you know if they'll do a background check or I wonder if they've already done one before inviting you for a second interview? That's too bad that the other job wasn't willing to give you a chance. Stuff happens and people make mistakes, that's life and it shouldn't hold people back.

Let me know what happens today, it should be good practice for you and you'll probably be offered a job on top of it!

I'm in Connecticut. But today they say it will feel like down south. Hazy, hot and humid.

Nancy
Unread 07-05-2016, 10:54 AM   #22
Meejaycoran

Hey Nancy,
Have good morning! Well I don't think outback will really care about a dui because most servers I know are pretty "crazy" or what ever you want to say. My issue I'm afraid to run into is actually going to probation and having to miss work; so I'm Going to pray that they are understanding of my situation which isn't permanent and I impress them enough where it won't matter. I'll stay longer hours to make up for the time I miss. I'll do what ever it takes to be the best.
Yeah, in the studying I've been going through I learned about having/making a vision and the important of it. I know the whys, of why I want to do what i want to do. Plus, if I'm offered the job maybe I can work weekends or something to have some extra cash flow. Lord knows I need it. I've recently figured out all my old "best friends " consider me as being "blacklisted", therefore those arnt the friends I'll call back when my life is going well looks I have envisioned it. In reality the friends I do have I can count them on one hand. I'll make new meaningful ones as time goes, but just going by another life philosophy I go my life goes on'. Stay cool up north because it's super hot down south!
Unread 07-06-2016, 05:43 AM   #23
NancyB
Administrator

Hi Clint, how'd it go yesterday? Was it a good warm up for today?

I like how you'll present things today - it's not permanent and you will make up for any time missed. Do you think probation would be understanding too and have fewer times you have to go or make it as early or late as possible for you?

As for those 'friends'? You got that right! True friends are the ones who stick by you no matter what.

Got my fingers crossed for you today!

Nancy
Unread 07-06-2016, 12:09 PM   #24
Meejaycoran

Hey Nancy,
Yesterday went really well; have another second round interview with the GM tomorrow haha I just got out of meeting the sales manager and he said I'll get a phone call for the yes or no. I'm just ready to work either job now lol but really want the sales job! Fingers are crossed. Screw fake friends
Thank You (07-06-2016)
Unread 07-06-2016, 10:04 PM   #25
Meejaycoran

Hey Nancy,

After today, I did the 5 minute interview and was told the sales manager knew all he needed to know about me from my first interview. Therefore, we talked and he answered some of my questions and said he would call me after they went to lunch. No latter this one I was thinking. Of course, I had introduced myself to another lady exchanging numbers because she went in first. She text me at like 2:30 and was like yes, they offered me the job!! I was very happy for her but then it began to sink in, where's my phone call? After sitting there a little depressed I got a phone call from them asking "do you want a job", so yes! I finally got something I've been wanting!! Start Monday, my next dilemma is figuring out how to get there and from the job... So, I'm going to do my research on public transit and post an ad seeking if anyone drives up there from my area..until I get a few checks, then I'll rent a a room from somebody. I've got 3 days this week with no sub, so thankful for every opportunity I have. I'm going to interview with the GM at outback too; maybe can work there on weekends to speed up my move to north Atlanta.
Thanks for the positive vibes who ever reads this.
Thank You (07-06-2016)
Unread 07-07-2016, 07:22 AM   #26
NancyB
Administrator

Wow!!! Congratulations Clint! Were you able to look into any public transportation last night at all? In Connecticut, they have a carpool site. I found this for Georgia, maybe it will help? http://gacommuteoptions.com/ here's the page on carpooling. http://gacommuteoptions.com/Save-You...des/Carpooling

And WHEN you get the job today at Outback, you'll be able to save up even quicker.

Really good news, fingers crossed for another job offer today!

Nancy
Unread 07-08-2016, 08:04 AM   #27
Meejaycoran

Well I'm doing a trial run right now to see what I need to leave my area. To make all the trains and buses lol wish me luck. Feels good getting up early and leaving!
Unread 07-08-2016, 03:56 PM   #28
NancyB
Administrator

Good luck!! Hope it works out smoothly!
Unread 07-09-2016, 02:38 PM   #29
Meejaycoran

Hey Nancy,
Hope you're having a good weekend! Yeah, it went pretty well. Just got to leave a little bit earlier but no worries. A good routine and the money is worth it!! Lol I did slip and fall in the middle of ponce de Leon trying to catch a bus! Lol still sore a little bit but very grateful for the opportunity and the chance!
Unread 07-10-2016, 07:27 AM   #30
NancyB
Administrator

Oh yikes! Are you sore this morning from your fall? Hope not. How did the 2nd Outback interview go?

Nancy
Unread 07-13-2016, 05:46 AM   #31
NancyB
Administrator

Hi Clint, how have the first few days of your job gone? Let us know when you can.

Nancy
Unread 07-13-2016, 09:45 AM   #32
MattC42286

Hi meejaycoran! Awesome post you have there! Good luck on the new job and all of your endeavors! Sounds like you jave everything under control! Best of luck to you man!! Thanks, Matt
MattC42286 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-13-2016, 10:07 PM   #33
Meejaycoran

Hey Nancy,

Sorry, I have been completely swamped with the new job. I am head over heels in love with the possibilities I have at my disposal right now. Essentially, I have been giving a silver platter just have to apply it and work my ass off. I couldn't do outback; I have too much studying of the contractor industry and want to devote all my time to that. I still have been microdose on subs; I plan on not taking any this weekend since I'm off..lol if only I could express how grateful I am for the opportunity God has given me! My 5 hour commute to and from work are worth every minute. The only bad thing is I havnt been able to regular go to any meetings yet. I will this weekend though. I'm in the sales department and it's a very strict one call type of close atmosphere, so I'm studying my butt off about the types of jobs/works contractors do...we generate leads for contractors.. Lol I'm pretty happy if you can't tell!
Hope all is well! Clinton
Unread 07-13-2016, 10:10 PM   #34
Meejaycoran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattC42286 View Post
Hi meejaycoran! Awesome post you have there! Good luck on the new job and all of your endeavors! Sounds like you jave everything under control! Best of luck to you man!! Thanks, Matt
Hey Matt, thanks for the kind words man! I am so blessed about the job I just got..just trying my best to learn the ins and out and learn as much as I can. Hope you are having a good week and I'll try to keep this updated but been pretty busy/happy with work!
Have a good one buddy'
Unread 07-14-2016, 06:42 AM   #35
NancyB
Administrator

Hi Clint, first off, I took the name of your company out of your post. I just want you to be anonymous. You just don't know who reads and no one needs to know your business on this forum.

Yes, you sound happy! I hope you can save up money quick enough to be able to move closer to your job to cut your commute down so you can have some free time. That's another reason to not take the job at the Outback, you do need that rest/recharge and go to your meetings time. I'm really happy for you!!

Nancy
Unread 07-30-2016, 07:48 AM   #36
NancyB
Administrator

Hi Clint, just checking in to see how your job is going and how you are doing.

Hopefully all is well and you're rocking that new job!!

Nancy
Unread 07-30-2016, 03:24 PM   #37
robbdawg30

Thumbs up

Sounds great man you have been given and opportunity and you are doing great keep up the good work and good luck....
robbdawg30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-16-2016, 07:37 AM   #38
Wrl78

Great work!!!
Wrl78 is offline   Reply With Quote