Addiction Survivors

Notices

Unread 08-18-2015, 01:08 PM   #101
gmasusie

Congratulations, JD. Just think how much worse it all would be if you were drinking.
gmasusie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-18-2015, 10:10 PM   #102
jditoday

Ya know, I have about 10 rants that I would like to get off on here, but I wont. It's day 13. 13 without the off switch, the wind down, the...whatever you want to call it. In 13 days, I have become more and more of an angry, grumpy, mean, intolerant, patience free piece of shit. I honestly have to wonder, if I hadn't been a drinker for all these years, would I have had a heart attack by now, just because this seems to be my sober default?

Apparently I was always a moody kid...till I was 15.

I just can't get a grip on it. It's not like just something sets me off, it builds as the day goes. The first few things roll off my back, but I don't forget about them. By the end of the day if I am subject to some of the genius thinking that I was all day at work today, I leave there absolutely boiling. Now, I never drank at work. But I always had the thought on the bad days about heading home and just destroying the first beer that crossed my path.

And everything was always good after that first one.

The lights were off, closing time for the brain, time to redo this shit tomorrow.

I gotta bet I would had the big one or done something so stupid out of anger that it would have effected my life horribly if I didn't have the cool down. The cool down, the thought of it, let me take a deep breath and reminded me that it's been worse, it could even get even worse before the day is over, but as soon as I am home, it will all be ok.

11am I see my therapist tomorrow. I should prolly bring this up.

Day 13, unhappily sober.

Ps. I apologize to anyone offended by the couple of naughty words I let go in this post. I have tried to be as polite as possible, but you guys should know that in real life I have a mouth that would make a cactus wilt.
jditoday is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-18-2015, 11:45 PM   #103
Saint

Jd,
You remind me of myself years ago.....when I finally realized the world doesn't revolve around me I was able to let go of a lot of my anger, which was probably misplaced anyways. I may have been more unhappy with myself and taken it out on those around me. Not saying that's you, just my perspective. It reminds me of the joke..." everybody is entitled to their own opinions no matter how wrong they are." Haha

Giving up booze can make us edgy for a bit. We often set ourselves up for that first drink. My anger used to be a reason for me to drink. It was really just an excuse to let me do what I wanted....drink!

Think it through.

Saint
Saint is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-19-2015, 12:36 AM   #104
jditoday

Saint,

Edgy is one thing, and every day shit is another, it just seems like everything is some sort of "let's see how far we can push this guy" type thing. I honestly don't think it is me just being a dick.

Your words will go in my back pocket, and I thank you for them. And for the record, I will not fail on the rest of 13, and tomorrow is 14. Two $&@"-/! Weeks.
Unread 08-19-2015, 12:52 AM   #105
jditoday

And I'll go a touch further. It's almost like people know something is off for me. And they might. Only two people at work know what's going on with me legally and that I quit. Maybe they see that the water doesn't roll down my back anymore and they push it.

Sounds vein. Or vain. Spelling. Who knows, but the fools I work with will taptaptap any weakness they see for a second of excitement. Like what we did with booze. But they do it with messing with people.

I mean, if I could just rock ONE jaw, ode be good!

Thanks saint, I gotta think about this for a bit.
Unread 08-19-2015, 06:04 AM   #106
Alexis

How are you feeling JD? I totally get the anger, I can be a nasty piece of work when im in a certain mind set.

Luckily (?) for me Im not violent to others, im violent to myself. Scars on my arm, my legs from self harming, scars on my knuckles from punching walls.

Ive been desperately unhappy, hating the world, getting angry at injustice, at people for being stupid, for getting nudged in the tube queues, for kids crying, for unintelligent chatter, for 'lad banter,' for disrespect, etc etc

The past year I have noticed a huge change in how I deal with things, friends have commented on how much more chilled out I am...

Don't get me wrong, I still explode in rage now and again, but im able to talk myself through the anger mostly.

Maybe its because I started to read up on Buddhism...maybe its because I started to meditate....I don't do it often enough but I know damn sure it has had some subconscious effect on me.

It isn't for everyone, I still feel a little silly when I do it, but it does work. Having the skill to take yourself out of a moment & breathe, recall your gratitude list & breathe, marvel at the universe & breathe. It helps me a lot.

Peace xxx
Alexis is offline   Reply With Quote
2 Users Say Thank You to Alexis For This Useful Post:
Thank You (08-20-2015), Thank You (08-19-2015)
Unread 08-19-2015, 09:28 AM   #107
R. Lee

JD, Use your gratitude list.

Congratulations on 14 days sober.

Have a great day.
R. Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-19-2015, 11:46 AM   #108
jditoday

Hey folks. Checking in on day 14. I slept like a rock last night and woke up very sore from the day of slamming yesterday. Today is supposed to be a work day for me but I took a day of vacation for therapy and to hopefully track down my lawyer. We'll see how that goes.

I will be talking mainly about anger/stress/anxiety today I think, unless Jon has a better idea, most of the time we sit down, he just looks at me, smiles, takes the smile away and says "ok...talk"

R.Lee, the gratitude list, one thing that will always be on there is my job. One of the problems I am having reading it over and over is that there have been two instances in the last week, that being a steward I was a part of. The were ALMOST two insanely serious injuries due to the powers that be that sit behind there desks on the 4th floor making decisions to hurry things along which doesnt work in the electricity manufacturing business. When we rush, we get hurt. It's the bottom line. Two times in two weeks this happened, we all sit down and agree that attitudes on rushing have to change, and it is only 1 day later that we are right back at it with another near miss. I gotta bet as a retired cop, you probably have some similar stories about bosses that don't care how it gets done as long as it gets done and they can tell their superior what "they" got done that day.

I'll be back for more later, I gotta get moving. Hope you are all good.
Unread 08-19-2015, 12:20 PM   #109
jenm

Hey JD-

First of all, HUGE congrats on making it to day 14. For a drinker like me, that is a big deal. I am on day 7. The only thing that we have is today. We also all have each other, which is a pretty cool thing too.

Anger/emotions/depression/anxiety. I get it. I think we ALL get it. Our brains and emotions are tied to that one path - getting relief from the drink. Take the drink away, and our emotions are screaming at us to ease the pain. However we can.

In my experience and in my case (I am not preaching, anyone who knows me here knows I do not do that) I had to give it away to God. MUCH easier said than done. As Alexis mentioned meditation and Buddhism, I embrace Biblical Christianity. Now the Lord wasn't there to magically bail me out recently, nor has He been there to give me an instant and magic cure to anything. However, if I stay close to my group of complete, non-judgmental, loving friends who are Christians, any situation that I am dealiing with is tolerable. With Christ, all things are possible. This is just me, please understand this.

For example, I am all over the place in emotions right now, anxiety is in the lead currently. I am facing some possible time (who will take care of my 3 boys?), losing my home due to foreclosure, behind far behind in most every other bill I have, dealing with a long standing eating disorder, the list goes on. However, I have peace. No matter what happens, when it happens, I have peace and I KNOW that I can have peace. Just my 2 cents, sorry if it seems like I ranted.

Anyway, enjoy your day of rest and therapy and tracking down the lawyer. My lawyer is actually pretty good about communicating with me, but my prideful self feels like he could be "doing more" for me. Really, it is out of my hands. I also see my counselor at church today, he has me working in a book called "The Journey to Freedom" by Dan Johnson. He assigned 2 chapters, I read the entire book.

Here's to a day without drinking alcohol. I am grateful for that! Take care, Jenm
jenm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-19-2015, 01:41 PM   #110
jditoday

Good news everybody. I'm CURED! My therapist was a no show and didn't answer his phone, so that must mean I am all good right?

I honestly don't know what to do first today. Enjoy the gorgeous weather while sitting on the deck sipping lemonade? Mow the lawn even though it doesn't really need it? Find something to break?

I didn't see THIS let down happening today, and I damn sure didn't need it.
Unread 08-19-2015, 03:26 PM   #111
jditoday

Just some links to videos of the music echoing through the house at the moment.

https://youtu.be/9fI17_xnxTk
https://youtu.be/qOum_DlqOrk?list=RD_T3I2s49TSk
https://youtu.be/2kg-rF9_iVw?list=RD_T3I2s49TSk
https://youtu.be/mvzKZ1KNbnM?list=RD_T3I2s49TSk
Unread 08-19-2015, 06:30 PM   #112
R. Lee

JD, Fire the therapist.
2 Users Say Thank You to R. Lee For This Useful Post:
Thank You (08-21-2015), Thank You (08-20-2015)
Unread 08-19-2015, 07:28 PM   #113
jditoday

I've been a mess since the lost appointment today. Music has helped and calmed me down...a little. Still no answer back from my piece of shit lawyer or my therapist. R.Lee, I will keep him on board until I am done with the court run around. I am guessing that fool wont even show up on wednesday morning, and if he does, I am going to fire him in front of the judge and beg for another month to find a real lawyer. Truth be told, I know who I should have hired in the first place, and that will be the plan. The therapist...His name will be dropped in court until the agreement is reached, then he will not be heard from again. I will find myself a new one, once I am done with the legal shit. This day just ****in sucks.

This sucks.
Unread 08-19-2015, 07:35 PM   #114
jditoday

Day 1 tomorrow. I will not apologize.
Unread 08-19-2015, 08:54 PM   #115
R. Lee

JD, Sounds like some stinking thinking may have led up to that 1st. drink. I know you realize that the drink did not improve your situation.

No need to apologize as you did what alcoholics do when they pick up that 1st. drink.

Think through that 1st. drink.
One User Says Thank You to R. Lee For This Useful Post:
Thank You (08-21-2015)
Unread 08-19-2015, 09:16 PM   #116
jditoday

R.Lee...stinking thinking, I'm gonna call it surrender. It never got this bad, even when I was an active swiller. No excuses, but I am in a bad situation, surrounded by bad situations and I just flat out gave up. My hands couldn't have been shaking harder, I couldn't have cried more, and there were no more guts to summon. I needed a break. No excuses. I got. Weak.

Tomorrow is a new day. I get to be better tomorrow than I was today. I'll learn meditation or some other outlet one day, but today was not the day. I want to be angry, but I feel defeated today. Battle lost, war didn't seem to notice. *explitive filled rant*

Alexis. We started together, and for some stupid reason we $&@-/;ed! Up together. Day 1 starts tomorrow.

I love you folks. There is strength here. I know it. I just have to be it. Today was a bad day for me, but tomorrow I will be a sober maniac.

Extremes. It seems to be how I work in default mode.
One User Says Thank You to jditoday For This Useful Post:
Thank You (08-20-2015)
Unread 08-20-2015, 05:36 AM   #117
Alexis

Real sorry to hear what you are going through JD wish I could help in some way.

Yes learning meditation will be good, you don't have to really learn it either, you just try to sit, and concentrate on your breathing. I still suck at it! My mind wanders, but you just bring it back...

I need to learn to use this technique when my thoughts are overwhelming me and I become desperate.

We love you too JD, keep leaning on us, keep talking xx
One User Says Thank You to Alexis For This Useful Post:
Thank You (08-21-2015)
Unread 08-20-2015, 08:56 AM   #118
lostdog

We are all working towards one goal , and we have triggers. The therapist is a bummer,but don't take it personally. You shared and then said it's a new day. It's ok. You will get there.
lostdog is offline   Reply With Quote
One User Says Thank You to lostdog For This Useful Post:
Thank You (08-21-2015)
Unread 08-20-2015, 10:27 AM   #119
jenm

JD - No apology needed, you do what we all do, what I have done recently. It is our default mode. Emotions are screaming, ease the pain. Nothing I haven't done very recently.

The good news is, you do not have to drink today. Take care! Jenm
One User Says Thank You to jenm For This Useful Post:
Thank You (08-21-2015)
Unread 08-20-2015, 03:18 PM   #120
Saint

Jd,
Be gentle with your self. We didn't become alcoholics overnight, it takes time, effort and a bit of introspection to turn our lives around. Write down your priorities, your areas of concern in your personal life and develop a plan to deal with them. Work on things one at a time and eventually things will come around.

Do not give up! All you are dealing with can be overcome with time and effort.

Listen, I drank in anger, I drank because I was elated, and at times I drank just because....
We need to learn to deal with our emotions AND stay sober. That for me is the key to long term sobriety. Yup we are human, we make mistakes, but they are ours to own and rectify. RLEE calls it stinking thinking because we convince ourselves, rationalize to ourselves that the reason we drink is because of all that is happening to us. The problem is not with what is happening around us. The problem IS us. We are alcoholics and we drink to avoid the commotion. In our lives, the commotion that is often caused by our alcohol consumption.

The peace you seek is within you. Keep working to find it. It's there.

Saint
3 Users Say Thank You to Saint For This Useful Post:
Thank You (08-21-2015), Thank You (08-20-2015), Thank You (08-20-2015)
Unread 08-20-2015, 03:22 PM   #121
R. Lee

JD, Pick yourself up dust yourself off & start over. You are not a looser. You are an alcoholic.

You can do this. JUST THINK trough that next urge to drink.
2 Users Say Thank You to R. Lee For This Useful Post:
Thank You (08-21-2015), Thank You (08-20-2015)
Unread 08-20-2015, 05:16 PM   #122
Alexis

JD, I am thinking of you, check in when you can xx
Thank You (08-21-2015)
Unread 08-20-2015, 09:15 PM   #123
Millie

What Saint said about dealing with stress *and* being sober... yeah, that's the stuff. That's the big challenge, and those are the times we have the opportunity to be proudest of. Feeling those feelings sucks. It sucks! But it's necessary in order to be healthy.

You know to seek out help, keep seeking. Once we know all of our triggers, we can meet them one by one. I know this is more easily said than done, but it's a start.

Hang in there.
Millie is offline   Reply With Quote
3 Users Say Thank You to Millie For This Useful Post:
Thank You (08-21-2015), Thank You (08-20-2015), Thank You (08-20-2015)
Unread 08-20-2015, 09:25 PM   #124
jditoday

I was doing good emotionally today until you bunch of knuckleheads went and made me cry!

Man, that was some meltdown. Maybe it came due to not trying to think about my situation to focus on the day to day. The fact is, as long as this case is hanging over my head, I won't be able to focus on myself and my (lack of) sobriety 100% which I know is needed. As long as jail time looms, there is a constant worry about two major things. My job and my family. Only my brother knows what is up, as my mom and grandma, both with health problems would not be able to handle it. That being said, there is a pretty good possibility that yesterday wasn't the last meltdown. I will try my best to prevent it, but like I said, until I can focus 100% just on me, there are no guarantees.

I'll tell ya what though. I drove around the corner to the liquor store and got myself a bottle of Eagle Rare, my favorite bourbon. As soon as I got home I poured myself a respectable neat glass, took a drink and felt a wave of relief. Briefly. After the deep breath I took after the first sip, everything that I had been stuffing down came pouring out. The anger went away, but the fear of my case slammed me right in the ace. I dealt with it and called my boy Tony who swiftly scolded me on the decision I had just made. After chatting for a few minutes choking up the whole time, he pretty much told me to blow off all the steam I needed then to get back on the wagon tomorrow (today). That was my plan. I just had no trip lever to let it off, and well, I still dont. (blowing off steam is a real phrase in our occupation...when the boiler is upset, you have to blow off steam to stabilize it. FYI) As soon as the safety's lifted I was able to run through all of the built up emotions, and I carried on. I got a ton done around the house, threw some weights around, played some pool, did some laundry and grilled up some rocking burgers. I took a break yesterday.

And today was/still is a new day. R.Lee told me to dust myself off and get back at it, which is the best advice I could have heard after telling myself just that yesterday. You guys are awesome for everything you said, and the rally that showed up not only on this thread, but Alexis's too was nothing short of amazing. Humbling. Calming. You guys have been the only constant since I started posting, and I can not thank you all enough for that.

Day 1 starts today. I will not drink today.
Thank You (08-20-2015)
Unread 08-20-2015, 09:47 PM   #125
jditoday

I did forget to mention though, I just have to post this because it's the nly thing that makes me laugh today...

After the run was broken, and I calmed down a ton, I did what every red blooded American dude does in times of stress, desperation and weakness. I went to the website of my favorite store on earth...And I bought some shoes:P LMAO!

I got two pairs and a new T-shirt. I needed it folks, sue me! Two pairs of limited Vans and a shirt that says "Wolves don't lose sleep over the opinions of sheep"

Just saying, after I tackle this drinking thing, I might have a shoe thing to deal with:P (I will not tackle the shoe thing:P)
Thank You (08-20-2015)
Unread 08-20-2015, 11:33 PM   #126
Saint

Jd,

I can't tell you how many times I cried while getting sober...

We need to do the work and stay sober while doing it. Stopping the drinking is the easy part. It's dealing with the reasons why we drink that will keep us sober. We need to be sober to feel those emotions and learn to live through them.

We can't control the courts, the neighbors, or the weather. We can LEARN a better way of reacting. Our behaviors are not set in stone but often feel like they are. Change can be hard, terrifying work but so worth it

Keep working it JD.

Stay positive and,accountable.

Saint
2 Users Say Thank You to Saint For This Useful Post:
Thank You (08-21-2015), Thank You (08-21-2015)
Unread 08-21-2015, 01:12 AM   #127
R. Lee

JD, Your 1st. drunk driving was 7 years ago. Now your 2nd. Keep you nose clean & things will work out. Be willing to prove to the court that you are doing something about your drinking problem. Running your head over things you cant control will end up driving you nuts.

Think through that next drink. Get used to not drinking. If you get a stiff fine & probation you will probably have to blow in a PBT a few times a week to insure you are not drinking while on probation. Drinking now just increases the chance that you will screw up before your court date.

Now think through that next drink.
3 Users Say Thank You to R. Lee For This Useful Post:
Thank You (08-21-2015), Thank You (08-21-2015), Thank You (08-21-2015)
Unread 08-21-2015, 06:37 AM   #128
Alexis

JD your second post made me laugh! Limited vans sounds awesome as well

Your first post, well I got a sense of calm from the ending, yes this family is incredible, and I don't know where I would be without them. I have grown a lot since I joined here.

Its so good to read that you are not beating yourself up. That's important. You are a good example for me.

Keep leaning on us, keep writing, we will support you through everything.

Have a great day! xx
Thank You (08-21-2015)
Unread 08-21-2015, 10:03 AM   #129
jenm

Hi JD!

I might have to do some time. I have no control over that right now. None. I can stay sober today though. Also I am planning ahead in case I have to, making sure my boys are taken care of, I've already notified 2 out of my 3 jobs and they are thankful for my honesty and assure me that all will be well.

I took an extra step, and I had a thing put on my ankle that continuously monitors me. If I am drinking, somehow magically, it will show up in that report. Just an added layer of protection for myself, most importantly, but then it will also show the powers that be (in my case the court right now) what I am doing. Take care! Jenm
7 Users Say Thank You to jenm For This Useful Post:
Thank You (08-21-2015), Thank You (08-21-2015), Thank You (08-22-2015), Thank You (08-21-2015), Thank You (08-21-2015), Thank You (08-21-2015), Thank You (08-22-2015)
Unread 08-21-2015, 05:50 PM   #130
jditoday

Back to work tonight. A welcomed distraction.

I talked to my lawyer briefly last night, we were supposed to have a lengthy conversation today between 2-4pm, but I'll give you one guess as to who didn't answer and has since not called back. I've also gotten a couple emails from the therapist offering to see me whenever I get a chance, but like I said before, I'm going to use his name through the court shenanigans then look elsewhere. Kinda funny that he has all this open time now, especially since the appointment had to be moved up a day as he was going to be out of town on our usual day and time. I'm still pretty irritated with that guy.

Anyway, day 2 going into 3 tonight. Thanks for all the encouragement over the last couple days. I might get to check in while at work tonight, but that depends on what kind of night we have for us. It's just me and one other mechanic tonight, so hopefully they go easy on us.

I hope you are all having strong days.
Unread 08-21-2015, 08:09 PM   #131
Millie

Great job getting back on the road to sobriety. I hope all of your court stuff goes well. Sounds very stressful.
3 Users Say Thank You to Millie For This Useful Post:
Thank You (08-22-2015), Thank You (08-22-2015), Thank You (08-22-2015)
Unread 08-21-2015, 08:40 PM   #132
lostdog

Keep going JD one day at a time, our thinkers get us in trouble, Just remain sober and work it out, it will be ok in time. Much support to you!
2 Users Say Thank You to lostdog For This Useful Post:
Thank You (08-22-2015), Thank You (08-22-2015)
Unread 08-22-2015, 08:50 AM   #133
jditoday

Hey...I'm not gonna drink today. I'm off to bed, short and sweet
2 Users Say Thank You to jditoday For This Useful Post:
Thank You (08-22-2015), Thank You (08-22-2015)
Unread 08-22-2015, 10:44 AM   #134
Tryntryagain

Good afternoon jditoday. Bright blessings to you.

You reach out here, and you can reach out to your therapist. Often when so much is going on for us we miss those moments where we need to be with ourselves, if only to work out what is going on.

I relate so much to Saint talking about the crying on the journey to sobriety. It is a part of the journey, and it is ok.

There are times where "just being held", just being able to feel, can be is valuable. Here you do, you can also do that 1-1 to share with yourself to find your way.

I can tell you through all the posts that are here just on this page, honesty gets rewarded, and self esteem and confidence is what becomes of it.

Stay strong.

Be peaceful, be healthy and be strong. Loveness to you jditoday
Tryntryagain is offline   Reply With Quote
One User Says Thank You to Tryntryagain For This Useful Post:
Thank You (08-22-2015)
Unread 08-22-2015, 10:58 AM   #135
jenm

Good job getting back to sobriety, JD. Rest well. Jenm
One User Says Thank You to jenm For This Useful Post:
Thank You (08-22-2015)
Unread 08-22-2015, 04:26 PM   #136
jditoday

"mornin" folks,

Just to touch for a minute on some of the things that go on in this silly brain of mine. I like to be challenged, I like to get the gears moving, and a lot of times I will let it rip until there is some sort of satisfaction. I think that is a huge part of what makes me pretty ok at my job. Troubleshooting is a big part of it. If I can't figure something out before quitting time, it tends to come home with me which I really hate, but I used to have alcohol to shut that down. This is my problem now.

I got home this morning, pulled into the garage and took a long hard look at my bike which has been sitting idle since I put new handlebars on it. Doing that meant that I had to replace the brake cable. How hard could it be right? Its 1 cable and one fastener.

Well, its been about a week. I didn't touch it because I am missing...something, and getting the brain going after work/before bed will spell doom for me not drinking. I haven't figured it out, and if I can't shut down, especially after last wednesday, I don't even want to get going. I talked with my partner last night who just happens to be one of the smartest and hardest working mechanics the company has. I ran through the issue I am having, the parts that I'm not getting, even bringing up a diagram of the set up, and step by step of what I did that isn't working. He was at a loss. Dammit, guess I'll just have to pull the front brake off and ride straight fixed right? I made a couple of attempts this morning, but didn't dig too far into it as I was ready to go right to bed which is rarely the case as soon as I get home.

At work, one thing I learned when I am getting my ass kicked by some piece of equipment, or if I am just having trouble figuring something out, I walk away from it for a bit. Usually to have a "thinking smoke". I don't need much of a reason to smoke at work, but it just seems to work out that if I step outside and look at the lake or something, everything slows down and I can think clear. I haven't figured out how to do that at home though. Smoking at home just seems to make things worse instead of putting a calming nicotine/tar/cancer coating on everything.

So, I shrugged at the bike, stopped in here for a minute, took a shower and went to bed. I woke up a bit earlier than I like to for some reason, but as I tried falling back to sleep, I had an idea about this !@#$% bike. I haven't gone out there to try it out yet, I'm not sure if I really want to get into anything before work, but I think I might have figured it out.

Jen has brought this thinking too much up with me, and now I see my partner in crime over there Alexis is doing the same thing I was doing Wednesday. Getting too far ahead of myself after what I just have to say was a horrible day that set the wheels in motion for bourbon town. Hopefully I learned something from wednesday, maybe it can stick.

Bike update in the morning. And, I don't know what day it is, and honestly I'm not gonna go back and look, or think about it. I'm not drinking today.

I hope everyone is having a strong day.
Unread 08-22-2015, 05:26 PM   #137
jditoday

Well, the gears were turning and I got bored. The bike is fixed. And, well, my shoes came, so today is starting out quite well:P
Unread 08-22-2015, 06:40 PM   #138
R. Lee

Good for you JD.

Think through that 1st. drink.

Have a great day.
One User Says Thank You to R. Lee For This Useful Post:
Thank You (08-23-2015)
Unread 08-23-2015, 11:08 AM   #139
jenm

Stay in today, JD. Congrats on the bike! Now put your new shoes on and, even if they are dress shoes, go out and ride your bike with your new shoes on. And don't drink! You can do this, I am doing it, Alexis can do this, we all can. Jenm
Unread 08-23-2015, 05:21 PM   #140
jditoday

Jen...I woke up, grabbed my phone and came here. First I wanted to make sure Alexis came back around today (HEY...we want you here!) but also just to check in. You said stay in today. Now, I know what you mean, but my sleepy brain instantly read "yeah, I should call in to work tonight and go for a bike ride". After the second it took to come back to reality, I rolled out of bed.

I almost got the chance to go for a ride after work this morning, but the sky looked a little too angry to chance it. The best I could do was to sit on it to make sure the new bars were set right and I did play with the brake a few times, not unlike how everybody...I dont care who you are has to click the tongs together three times before you actually employ them for cooking (don't even act like you don't do it!) :P And no, neither of the new pairs are meant for bikes, so that isn'y going to happen. It just wouldn't be the safest thing. I also have a thing where the new ones need a special occasion to go out for the first time. It's silly I know. I'm not sure when I will get to break these out with the driving restriction and all, but I think if I get to come home after court on wednesday I might plan a trip to my brother's house to hang out with his dog (my BOY!) who is getting up there in age and might not be around much longer. It's not necessarily hitting the town, but a special occasion for me would be just to get out of the house for something other than work for awhile.

Anyway, I have to go and try to fit as much water in me as I can, it's gonna be a hot job tonight. I hope everyone is well and having a strong day. I am, and I'm not gonna drink today.
Unread 08-23-2015, 05:43 PM   #141
Millie

I posted a thing on Facebook about the tongs a while back.

Congrats on the shoes. My new Boden catalog came in the mail the other day and I'm drooling over the clothes. Darn Brits and their awesome fashion...

I'm proud of you for snapping back. You seem smart. That can be a hard place to be in this world.
Unread 08-23-2015, 05:47 PM   #142
jditoday

Millie,

99% of the time I have no idea what I'm doing:P
Unread 08-23-2015, 05:56 PM   #143
Millie

Recognizing that indicates intelligence.
Unread 08-24-2015, 09:05 AM   #144
jditoday

Yo,

So work was silly. The hot job I got ready for turned out to be a flop right off the bat, so we cruised all night. I wound up staying a little late this morning, through the morning meeting just to chat with one of the besties. I hadn't spoken with him in some time, and we haven't gotten to work together or hang out really at all over the last few weeks. I gotta tell you, it felt a lot better to talk about the legal stuff using my native filthy tongue. It just felt better, maybe more honest, as sometimes I think watching your mouth is a form of sugar coating. Might not make sense to many folks, but it does to me. After we got to catch up, one of the bosses that knows what's going on came over to the table to shoot the shit, and the three of us wound up having some pretty good laughs.

It's a sign of what I have to look forward to once the legal stuff is out of the way, it almost felt like my life was back to normal for a half an hour this morning. I know there will be another year+ of Occupational licenses and IID's (the blow and go) but that will all be a breeze once I'm a "free" man. It felt good, and I can't wait until I can go back to doing what I want, when I want...soberly this time around.

It's bed time. I hope you all have strong days.
Unread 08-24-2015, 09:15 AM   #145
Alexis

Hey JD, you sound great. Proud of you, and feel especially humbled and a little emotional at your little posts regarding me it helps, so thanks.

Awesome about the bike, I think I put here already about my tyres being slashed the week before I went away will be going to see how much it will cost next week. Hoping it will be cheap for second hand ones.

Love & peace xxx
Unread 08-24-2015, 11:12 AM   #146
R. Lee

JD, Think through that next drink.

Have a great day.
Unread 08-24-2015, 02:05 PM   #147
lostdog

best wishes on your path, You are doing great!
Unread 08-24-2015, 06:09 PM   #148
jditoday

Last night shift tonight, then 5 days off. Court wednesday. I'm not gonna drink today.

I hope everyone is strong today.
Unread 08-24-2015, 07:03 PM   #149
Alexis

How's the shift going?x
Unread 08-24-2015, 08:16 PM   #150
jditoday

Alexis,

This set of nights has been amusing to say the least. I can't really go into detail but it has been a bit of a mess that hasn't affected us brilliant mechanics aside from a couple quick panic jobs. We are set up for a quiet one tonight outside of the plant where we plan on unplugging the phone and riding the night out 😝 I am ready for a day off, though it's going to be a quick turn around for court on Tuesday morning.

And for what it's worth, I know you are hurting at the moment, and I don't have any solid advice, but I am glad you are sticking around and chatting with me. Hang in there kiddo, we'll get through this.