Addiction Survivors

Notices

Unread 11-23-2015, 02:43 PM   #401
Millie

Good luck, Jenm! Thanks for checking in.
Millie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-26-2015, 12:48 AM   #402
gmasusie

We love you!
gmasusie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-26-2015, 11:26 PM   #403
jenm

Hi everyone!

I'm just sitting here in my "office" after a wonderful Thanksgiving Day spent with my family. I have so much to be thankful for. We ate a bunch of food and my sons misbehaved and we had my 93 year old grandma (nan's mom!) with us. My boys were helpful getting her in and out of the car and safely home. I went on a 5 mile walk in the cold rain, but it felt good. My brother was sober. I am so grateful!

I did not get that new job. Even though the guy who would have been my boss was pulling for me, Human Resources said no because of my record. I guess I'm too "bad". I don't think anyone is without sin, mine just happens to be on paper. I was bummed at first when I found out yesterday, but I'm thankful that I do have employment and I believe that it is not in God's plan for me to have that particular job at this time. I have already picked up 'another' part time job in addition to the restaurant and the gym where I work, it will fit into my schedule. Just taking the next right step for me and my family.

I have many hours of work this weekend and I pray that it will be busy and fun! I teach fitness tomorrow and Saturday and I'm working probably 11 hours at the restaurant tomorrow and another 8 on Saturday and probably 6 on Sunday.

I hope everyone had a blessed Thanksgiving. As easy as it is to focus on the negative, taking a minute to write down the positives and what we are grateful for really does make a difference. Love, Jenm
jenm is offline   Reply With Quote
One User Says Thank You to jenm For This Useful Post:
Thank You (11-27-2015)
Unread 11-27-2015, 10:02 AM   #404
R. Lee

jenm, You are willing to live life on life's terms & you are grateful. You are a winner.

Have a great day.
R. Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-27-2015, 11:09 AM   #405
Sam Bailey

Hey Jen!

You are a terrific example for all of us. Not that you didn't feel cruddy after not getting that job---you did. But appropriately, sounds like. You "mourned" it for a reasonably brief time, totally normal, and now you're looking past that disappointment and reaching out toward your future. Yours and your wonderful family.

And FWIW, it's still okay to have some lingering disappointment. Heck, it takes a while to get over ANYTHING.

Yet, I also think you're right. That job, for whatever reason, was not the job for you. There IS a job for you...and it is coming. When? Can't know that, right? But it is, so I believe.

And as far as Human Resources? Lousy folks, them. Their judgment, I mean.

Yes mam, every one of us has some kind of sin, some more than others (can you say, "Sam?", ha!). But then, that is THEIR loss. Really, it is.

Ok, eat leftovers! A well-accepted cure-all for the blues. Especially pumpkin pie.

sam
Sam Bailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-27-2015, 06:52 PM   #406
lostdog

I am sorry you didn't get that job because you wanted it, but as I always really really admire about you, is you always note a positive reaction to the news. That is the way we all need to think and train our brain. I don't want you to work too hard with all those jobs, just stop once in a while and get a moment for yourself. Hope your weekend is nice like you.
lostdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-03-2015, 07:20 PM   #407
Millie

Hi Jenm. How are you?
Unread 12-06-2015, 02:17 AM   #408
Saint

Jennm. I trust all is well? I haven't been,around much but I do miss you.

Be well!

Peace,
Saint
Saint is offline   Reply With Quote
One User Says Thank You to Saint For This Useful Post:
Thank You (12-06-2015)
Unread 12-07-2015, 04:31 PM   #409
jenm

Hi!

All is good here.....my son installed something new on my computer so I got all confused, of course, and I had to re-do all my passwords and favorites and stuff. Easy for my 16 year old son, super hard for his technologically challenged mom!

I'm grateful that I now have my temporary license and thing in my car - I have to blow into it for my car to start. I have to have it for 5 months and then I get my 'regular' license back. I had my final court appearance and everything went well and as expected. Now I just have to be good until I'm off probation - strangely enough, as long as I'm not drinking, I tend to not violate laws. Amazing, isn't it?

Hope everyone is well. I like Christmas time but I dislike the materialism, mean shopping people, and the fact that the true meaning of Christmas is lost on many. There are so very many things to be grateful for today. Love, Jenm
4 Users Say Thank You to jenm For This Useful Post:
Thank You (12-08-2015), Thank You (12-07-2015), Thank You (12-07-2015), Thank You (12-07-2015)
Unread 12-07-2015, 08:39 PM   #410
R. Lee

Nice to hear from you jenm & that you have a drivers license.

Have a great day.
Unread 12-08-2015, 09:43 AM   #411
lostdog

Luv to you! Congrats!
Unread 12-08-2015, 10:18 AM   #412
Saint

Jenn,
Great news! Glad to hear you are well. I feel the same as you regarding Chrisrmas.

Have a great day.

Peace,
Saint
Unread 12-08-2015, 11:01 AM   #413
Tryntryagain

Good afternoon dear Jen. Bright blessings to you.

You know that the feeling of someone blessed permeates?

From day 1 when i joined the family i felt so much courage from where yours comes from.

So lovely to hear from you.

Be peaceful, be healthy and be strong. Loveness to you dear Jen.
Tryntryagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-08-2015, 05:20 PM   #414
Millie

I'm so glad it went well and that you have your car back!

Thanks for checking in.
Unread 12-17-2015, 02:55 PM   #415
Alexis

Hey Jen, how are you?

xx
Alexis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-17-2015, 11:29 PM   #416
jenm

Hi! Busy busy busy. Lots of working, our upstairs bathroom is being totally remodeled by my oldest son and a couple of guys from church - as I've said before, Christmas stresses me out. The entire purpose and meaning of it seems to be forgotten and instead wrapped up in materialism and it makes me feel sad. Also, I have trouble being in crowded stores with tons of people. I hate shopping, I want to move fast and fling my way through and get my things and leave. I experienced this just today at a store - cars will not wait for you to cross the pedestrian crosswalk, everyone is in such a big hurry to do something and the rudeness in people really shines this time of year. One would expect it to be the opposite, but it isn't that way. I'm so happy when I run into someone who is nice and polite....it is such a blessing and such a rare occurrence. One of these days I might start Christmas shopping, I heard that the day is approaching pretty soon.

I'm so grateful for you all, my family, and my church family and my work family. I'm grateful that I was home from work by 10 tonight. I'm grateful for my temporary driver's license and my three amazing boys. And my 4 cats, one of which is morbidly obese and obsessed with food. I'm grateful that Jesus died on the cross and took on the sin of everyone. It is challenging in these dark times in which we live!

It is cold in the midwest, strong winds and 20 to 30 degrees. I busted out my winter hat this morning. I'm heading into my weekend which is full of many hours at work - but I will keep a positive attitude (which isn't really hard for me to do) and I look forward to having both Christmas Eve and Christmas Day totally off work. I work somewhere (gym or restaurant) 7 days a week. I'm super excited to have 2 days off. Thanks for checking with me - I read up everyday on everyone's activities, but usually in bits and pieces as I spend my mornings at the gym and my nights at work. Love you all, Jenm
3 Users Say Thank You to jenm For This Useful Post:
Thank You (12-22-2015), Thank You (12-18-2015), Thank You (12-18-2015)
Unread 12-18-2015, 07:04 AM   #417
Alexis

You sound great Jen super proud of you!! Im sure that on your two days off you can enjoy the true meaning of Christmas with your family. That will be so nice for you and just what you deserve!

None of my family are religious, but i am so excited to go stay at my parents house for a few days, see the dogs, go on nice walks and snuggle up in front of the fire with a cup of tea

Christmas for me, is family. we are all pretty poor right now, so very little presents, just a couple of small things to open. It doesnt matter though, just giving my mum and dad a cuddle in the morning is pretty awesome for me.

Peace Jen, have a great day xxx
Unread 12-18-2015, 10:12 AM   #418
R. Lee

Great job jenm. The season will soon be history.

Have a great day.
Unread 12-18-2015, 10:51 AM   #419
Tryntryagain

Good afternoon dear Jenm. Bright blessings to you.

What a lovely, vibrant and positive letter. So good to hear you busy, busy, busy.

Be peaceful, be healthy and be strong. Loveness to you dear Jenm
Unread 12-18-2015, 07:44 PM   #420
lostdog

Stay warm, big hug!
Unread 12-18-2015, 08:50 PM   #421
gmasusie

Jenm, Glad for the warning! I'm going to Kansas City, MO for Christmas with my cousins. I'll break out the winter clohes!

Just enjoy Christmas the way YOU want! Those mad shoppers make their own mayhem. It's too bad.
Unread 12-21-2015, 02:13 PM   #422
jenm

Susie the weather has been really weird. Yesterday was 20 degrees warmer than it is "supposed" to be this time of year. Today, cold and windy. We've only had one snowstorm so far, there is no snow on the ground at all right now.

I'm excited because my sister and her family are coming to visit from Montana. They come every other year. My boys are really excited to see their cousins. I can't believe our school district has school today and tomorrow, other districts are on break already. Even though my sister has lived in Montana for more than 20 years, we have always been so very close and our kids are really close too. Such a blessing!

I'm just so very grateful today. I spent the morning at the gym and I actually do not have to work at the restaurant tonight - unless someone gives up their shift and then I take it. Have a wonderful week, everyone! Love, Jenm
Thank You (12-21-2015)
Unread 12-21-2015, 02:15 PM   #423
R. Lee

Have a great Christmas jenm.
Unread 12-21-2015, 10:32 PM   #424
gmasusie

Wonderful plans, Jenm. Have a great holiday.
Unread 12-24-2015, 09:58 AM   #425
lostdog

best wishes and luv to you for a relaxing holiday, hope it is very special.
Unread 12-28-2015, 03:04 PM   #426
Alexis

how was your christmas Jen? Did you manage to find your meaning in the holiday? Hope church and whatever else you do was wonderful I saw people leaving for midnight mass, looked fun!!

Love to you xxx
Unread 12-30-2015, 09:54 PM   #427
gmasusie

We would love to hear from you! Happy New Year.
Unread 12-31-2015, 08:38 AM   #428
jenm

Hi! Happy New Year! I'm working tonight all night of course, we have been SO busy this week but that means $ so I'm cool with that.

Thanks Alexis, Christmas was wonderful. The boys had a wonderful day and I did too. We even went to see a movie that afternoon, the new Will Ferrell movie. It was hilarious!

Other than that, really nothing else is new. I'm working every night this week, but I'm home during the day mostly with the boys, they are on break from school this week. I was just writing in my journal and reflecting over the last year. Although some of the circumstances really sucked, I can really see how God was working in my life, even through the 'bad' stuff. I'm so grateful today to be sober and I'm ready for a wonderful year in 2016. Love you all! Jenm
Thank You (12-31-2015)
Unread 12-31-2015, 09:47 AM   #429
Tryntryagain

My dear sister, another year rolls by and what a year you have had! The way you coped with your downs...your jailtime...the way you found and continue to find so much strength in your faith makes me want to celebrate that joy in you.

I happen to think for an alcoholic on news years eve to be earning bucks instead of posting bail, a very wise move!

Happy new year.

Be peaceful, be healthy and be strong. Loveness to you dear Jen and to dear Nan.
Unread 12-31-2015, 10:27 AM   #430
gmasusie

Well said, Tryn. We love you, Jen.
Unread 12-31-2015, 01:42 PM   #431
lostdog

Happy Blessed New Year to you and your Family Jenm!!
Unread 01-01-2016, 06:31 AM   #432
Alexis

Happy new year Jen hope you and the family had a lovely evening xx
Unread 01-01-2016, 12:32 PM   #433
R. Lee

Happy New Year jenm
Unread 01-04-2016, 04:04 PM   #434
Millie

Happy new year, Jenm! Here's to a shiny and bright 2016.
One User Says Thank You to Millie For This Useful Post:
Thank You (01-04-2016)
Unread 01-07-2016, 07:56 AM   #435
Tryntryagain

Good afternoon dear Jenm. Bright blessings to you.

I just wanted to run something past you that might explain why you are just the most amazing sister to have...

Ready?

You said......

"I could use some prayer/good thoughts these days. Many things in 2014 have just been awful, and some things continue to be that way"

Remember then?

You have grown, and embellished who you really are. You have embraced your heart and her beliefs, and incorporated into your life in a way that empowers you.

I celebrate all you are because of where you came from. Strength...right there.

Be peaceful, be healthy and be strong. Loveness to you dear Jen.
Unread 01-13-2016, 10:18 AM   #436
Tryntryagain

Oh well done dear Jen. I read on dear Alexis post that you are 5 months sober today. I'm catching you up!

From prison ....>....here.

I was once going to bake you a cake with a saw in it. Now i'll just bake you a cake.

Congrats and big hugs to you sister.

Be peaceful, be healthy and be strong. Loveness to you dear Jen
Unread 01-13-2016, 10:54 AM   #437
jenm

Hahahaha thanks, Tryn!

5 months ago today I was arrested for drunk driving. By the grace of God I have not had a drink since that day. Praise the Lord!

As soon as the cold blast hit the midwest last weekend, I woke up to a broken furnace. The very same day my kitchen sink broke. Someone at work that day told me, "I think God hates you." NOT TRUE! This is just life stuff, and it happens. Although it sucked, and I had to work 10 hours that very same day, both are fixed now. One by a professional and one by my oldest son. I am so blessed.

I can't begin to describe how grateful I am for all of you. It was (I think) around 2007 when I started coming around here. I'm just so very blessed, and so very grateful. Love you all! Jenm

"My grace is sufficient for you, for my strength is made perfect in weakness." 2 Corinthians 12:9
Unread 01-13-2016, 11:56 AM   #438
lostdog

your gratitude is wonderful and you are such an inspiration! BIG HUG with LUV!
Unread 01-13-2016, 12:51 PM   #439
Millie

I'm so sorry all that happened! You really do just have the best attitude. Thank you for being so positive. Your faith really does you proud.
One User Says Thank You to Millie For This Useful Post:
Thank You (01-13-2016)
Unread 01-14-2016, 09:13 AM   #440
R. Lee

jenm, What a change you have made in your life. Glad you can live life on life's terms. One thing to say it but another to live it.

Have a great day.
One User Says Thank You to R. Lee For This Useful Post:
Thank You (01-14-2016)
Unread 01-16-2016, 04:37 AM   #441
Saint

Jennm I admire and love your attitude. Thank you for sharing yourself with all of us here.
Unread 01-20-2016, 08:55 AM   #442
lostdog

JenM, I am sorry to hear about the loss of your father that you had mentioned. Bless you at this time and stay warm. January is hard, but it does help the trees and plants get dormant to bloom and get ready for the spring. Also, thank you for all your luv and inspiration and sweet manner to help me.
One User Says Thank You to lostdog For This Useful Post:
Thank You (01-20-2016)
Unread 01-20-2016, 01:01 PM   #443
jenm

Lostdog -

It is my privilege and my pleasure to help and encourage others.

I am sick today with a touch of the flu, or something. I've been in bed all day and I'm supposed to work tonight. Not sure if that is going to happen. Love, Jenm
Unread 01-20-2016, 01:04 PM   #444
lostdog

Rest and get well soon, when I get sick, I can't think outside of getting well and my mind rests some. I hope it is an uneventful sickness and your up and running soon.
One User Says Thank You to lostdog For This Useful Post:
Thank You (01-20-2016)
Unread 01-21-2016, 10:16 AM   #445
R. Lee

jenm, Hope you are feeling better.
Unread 01-21-2016, 05:53 PM   #446
Millie

How are you feeling?
Unread 01-22-2016, 12:06 AM   #447
gmasusie

Take care of yourself. We need you.

Love, Susie
One User Says Thank You to gmasusie For This Useful Post:
Thank You (01-22-2016)
Unread 01-22-2016, 06:31 PM   #448
Alexis

jen i hope you are busy, and loving life , and happy.

Peace & LOVE xxxx
Unread 01-23-2016, 11:00 AM   #449
iamtrying

JenM - hope you are feeling better...stay warm...
iamtrying is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-24-2016, 10:16 AM   #450
jenm

Hi!

I am feeling better, I'm working a lot this weekend. All is well with my soul!

I took the boys to the Winter jam Christian concert the other night. We had a wonderful time. They were such troopers, we waited in line for like 5 hours before the concert. Little Collin actually fell asleep in his chair before the end of the concert.

Despite continued financial struggles and the tough month of January, I trust in the Lord and know that His plans for me are good. Have a wonderful Sunday, everyone! I picked up some extra hours at work today. I have to miss church, but I need these hours. Normally I work on Sunday nights, but the company Christmas party is tonight so we are closing this afternoon. I am not going to attend the party - really, everyone is getting a party bus and the company is paying for everything - it is going to be just a big drunk party, I would much rather work a few hours today and spend the evening at home with my boys. Love, Jenm
Thank You (01-24-2016)