Unread 10-26-2015, 02:06 PM   #351
Millie

How are you, Jenm?
Millie is offline   Reply With Quote
One User Says Thank You to Millie For This Useful Post:
Thank You (10-26-2015)
Unread 10-26-2015, 04:13 PM   #352
Tryntryagain

Good evening dear Jenm. Bright blessings to you.

I'm with Millie....where have you gone? Freedom gotton to your head and you live under a tree? I hope all is well?

Be peaceful, be healthy and be strong. Loveness to you dear Jenm
Tryntryagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-26-2015, 07:16 PM   #353
R. Lee

jenm, We are never cured come back & support others who need your help.
R. Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-26-2015, 11:09 PM   #354
gmasusie

Jenm, hope all is well.
gmasusie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-27-2015, 08:55 AM   #355
Alexis

Jen please let us know you are ok.

I dont know what they are but im worried you have been eaten by those flying ants
Alexis is offline   Reply With Quote
One User Says Thank You to Alexis For This Useful Post:
Thank You (10-27-2015)
Unread 10-27-2015, 09:31 AM   #356
lostdog

Hi JenM, I know you are busy working and enjoying life,but I miss you!
lostdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-27-2015, 12:03 PM   #357
jenm

Hi!

So sorry - I've been reading and posting in others' threads but neglecting my own.

All is well, I got a job offer last week, Lord willing, I start within the next week or so. After being out of full-time work in my field for 3 years. I'm so very grateful!

I'm still working my other jobs at the gym and restaurant. I'm going to keep those jobs, but cut down a bunch as my regular work week will now be M-F again. I'm so very excited about this new opportunity - and each day I am so grateful for so many things - things that are easy to take for granted until you are locked up for a few days.

Take care!! I won't be a stranger. Jenm
jenm is offline   Reply With Quote
One User Says Thank You to jenm For This Useful Post:
Thank You (10-28-2015)
Unread 10-27-2015, 12:36 PM   #358
Millie

Jenm, that's wonderful! Congratulations!!
Unread 10-27-2015, 01:55 PM   #359
gmasusie

Jenm, So glad for you and the boys! Let us know more later.
Unread 10-27-2015, 03:11 PM   #360
lostdog

That is such good news, for such a great person! You definitely deserve this and be confident that you do, best wishes!
Unread 10-27-2015, 07:38 PM   #361
Sam Bailey

Hey Jen!

Good news, indeed!

The new gig, I mean. Also good news that you're doing so well and that you recognize how much you have, we ALL have, to be thankful for.

Still, you're 100% correcto! It is SO darn easy to neglect the really good news in our lives, so easy to take our blessings for granted.

But today, you're not doing that.

So, all around---Good News, Indeed!

best,

sam
Sam Bailey is offline   Reply With Quote
One User Says Thank You to Sam Bailey For This Useful Post:
Thank You (11-09-2015)
Unread 10-28-2015, 04:58 PM   #362
jenm

Hi!

I have not heard yet when I will start the new job - I'm headed to my night job shortly. I have to keep the night work for now as it will be awhile before I get paid from the new job, so I'll work day and night for awhile. I'm just grateful to be employed.

Today I have experienced depression - maybe now is not the time to stop my anti-depressant medication as I had previously thought. I went ahead and refilled it, I had stopped it prior to going to jail. No shame in taking it if I need it.

Despite having a down day, I am still so very grateful. Because I was locked up for awhile, I have gotten even further behind in bills. I cannot even buy groceries right now. But, thank the Lord, I work tonight and tomorrow night and we do have a few things here....we certainly are not starving. Next week I lose my license completely for a month before I'm eligible for a temporary license, so I'm nervous about getting everywhere I need to be. I know, I know, stay in today! I'm trying. Today has been a down day, not sure why.

No matter what, I know that this is the plan the Lord has for me, and He is bringing me to better things. It is hard in the middle of the storm, especially when the storm seems like it is lasting forever, but I keep my faith and my trust in Him....love you all! Jenm
Unread 10-28-2015, 07:06 PM   #363
Alexis

Please make sure you dont burn out Jen, rest when you can and look after yourself.

Im glad you are going to take the meds again, i completely fall apart without mine.

I hope you can get yourself sorted with bills and food very soon, you are inspiring in how you live and manage the bumps in the road, thank you for being part of the family!!

Im not religious at all, im actually a bit afraid of religion! But i am so glad you have it in place, it certainly keeps you strong.

Love & peace, always xxx
2 Users Say Thank You to Alexis For This Useful Post:
Thank You (10-28-2015), Thank You (11-09-2015)
Unread 10-28-2015, 07:10 PM   #364
Sam Bailey

Hey Jen,

You say,
Quote:
"It is hard in the middle of the storm, especially when the storm seems like it is lasting forever..."
I know that I'm stating the obvious, but sometimes, at least in my life, the obvious is impossible to see---for the moment, anyway. While you are, as you say, "in it."

The "obvious" thing is that whatever is going on with you WILL pass. Give it time.

Another "obvious" thing: you've been through some pretty radical drama recently, what with the whole locked up dealio. One extreme to the next. So SOME kind of emotional toll is bound to be taken.

And the anti-depressant deal? Who the heck knows what all is going on with your chemistry right now. I think that's one of the craziest things in the world, how some kind of chemical burst inside ourselves can so radically alter how we feel.

A surge of oxytocin, for example, caused by holding a new born baby and, suddenly, "you're" in love with the world. A blast of something else and you're biting someone's head off.

So, at least for now, IMO, stay on that darned medication. Well, that's what you said you've decided to do. So---good!

Sorry. I think I'm rambling, pretty much just repeating everything YOU'VE just said. Hey! That's how I get my best ideas. Copying smart things OTHER folks say. Ha!

Stay with you, Jen. Believe in you; keep your faith; know that pretty much every feeling we have will change, sooner or later.

Anyway.

best to you, Jen,

sam
Thank You (11-09-2015)
Unread 10-28-2015, 08:47 PM   #365
gmasusie

I agree with Sam.

Jenm, What about your friends at church? Could you make a list of times you need a ride and ask if folks could sign up for a time? Could you talk to pastor to put the word out? Can a son drive?

I wish I were there. I would be your chauffeur!
2 Users Say Thank You to gmasusie For This Useful Post:
Thank You (10-29-2015), Thank You (11-09-2015)
Unread 10-29-2015, 10:12 AM   #366
R. Lee

jenm, Have you told your doctor you want to go off you depression meds?

Make a gratitude list. Your sober not in jail.
One User Says Thank You to R. Lee For This Useful Post:
Thank You (11-09-2015)
Unread 10-29-2015, 12:33 PM   #367
Millie

All wise words from your brothers and sisters here...

You're right, there's absolutely nothing wrong with taking the meds if they help. And going off of them can be dangerous, so please do talk to your doctor.

Love to you, and I hope you have a better day today. Don't be afraid to ask for help.
Unread 10-29-2015, 01:56 PM   #368
jenm

Right on, R Lee. I am sober and I am not in jail. Both of which I am very, very grateful for today. Yes, the Dr knew I was going to try to go off the meds, and he also knows that I am not going to be off of them anymore.

Thanks everyone, really. The ride thing will be figured out, I have family and church friends to help, and my son too!

I went to the gym this am, even though I really didn't want to. Then I had coffee with a friend who is really struggling, she is coming to church with me on Sunday! Now I'm off to biblical counseling at church and then work. No matter what, I can and will get through this. In light of eternity, it cannot be that big of a deal. Love, Jenm
Thank You (11-09-2015)
Unread 10-29-2015, 06:56 PM   #369
lostdog

Hi JenM, I'm glad your are doing well, you have been through a lot and are such an inspiration to me.
One User Says Thank You to lostdog For This Useful Post:
Thank You (11-09-2015)
Unread 10-29-2015, 07:43 PM   #370
gmasusie

You have such strength and spirit!
One User Says Thank You to gmasusie For This Useful Post:
Thank You (11-09-2015)
Unread 11-02-2015, 01:52 PM   #371
Millie

Jenm, how are you?
Thank You (11-09-2015)
Unread 11-02-2015, 05:49 PM   #372
Alexis

Hope you are well Jen <3

Love to you and your family xx
Thank You (11-09-2015)
Unread 11-02-2015, 10:47 PM   #373
jenm

Hi!

Just popping in before bed, I picked up an extra shift at work tonight. Still plugging along, waiting for the new job to give me the official call, but in the meantime I am grateful that I do have employment.

I am just so very thankful today for so many things. Despite a really tough financial situation for the boys and I right now, we have a roof over our head and we are fed. We are all healthy. Everything will work out, just like it is supposed to, if I get my stubborn and controlling self out of the way.

I'm just so grateful, and so very blessed. Love you all, Jenm
Thank You (11-09-2015)
Unread 11-02-2015, 11:56 PM   #374
gmasusie

Jenm, I just keep reminding myself how much worse things would be if I were still drinking. You are working RLee's program of gratitude for what we have.
Thank You (11-09-2015)
Unread 11-03-2015, 11:08 AM   #375
R. Lee

Great attitude jenm.

Have a great day.
One User Says Thank You to R. Lee For This Useful Post:
Thank You (11-09-2015)
Unread 11-03-2015, 04:46 PM   #376
Sam Bailey

Hi Jen!

You write,
Quote:
"Everything will work out, just like it is supposed to, if I get my stubborn and controlling self out of the way..."
Boy, are you ever right! 100% correct!

Of course, it's not just you. We are all, all too often, our own worst enemy. "The architects of our own demise," so says the old aphorism.

However, if that's true, we should recognize that we're also the "architects" of our own good fortune, our own success.

I don't know that I believe this whole-heartedly, but I do believe much of it---and you, Jen, are one terrific example of "creating" your own good fortune.

Look at the choices you've recently made, all the good decisions you've come to (well, the ones you've told us about, anyway. Ha!).

It's those choices that have determined who "you" are today. The happy you, the content and peaceful you, the grateful you.

And what is true for you, Jen, is true for all of us.

Every single one of us has a choice, to be miserable or to be happy. When we do the "next right thing," certainly as it applies to drinking or using, our chances of attaining peace are a darn lot better.

This is also true, so I believe, with every other aspect of our lives. And while serendipity, good old-fashioned luck!, may play a role in our destinies, mostly it's how we choose to view life that defines us, our happy selves and our spiritual selves.

Sorry. Just a long-winded way of me saying (trying to), you're on a good roll, Jen. And this renewed spirit you have? Dude! It is, it really is, so, so, so contagious.

Thanks!

best,

sam
2 Users Say Thank You to Sam Bailey For This Useful Post:
Thank You (11-04-2015), Thank You (11-09-2015)
Unread 11-03-2015, 05:03 PM   #377
Millie

Nice post, Sam.

Jen, you rock. Keep up the positive attitude and you're right - everything will be fine.
Thank You (11-09-2015)
Unread 11-03-2015, 05:29 PM   #378
gmasusie

Good observations, Sam. Jenm, So glad things are looking up. I hope they stay that way for a good, long time.
Thank You (11-09-2015)
Unread 11-03-2015, 06:41 PM   #379
lostdog

you are always looking at the bright side and I look up to you.
Thank You (11-09-2015)
Unread 11-06-2015, 01:45 PM   #380
jenm

Hi!

So, the job offer is not official. Please keep this situation in your prayers! I got a call from the guy who would be my boss. As was expected, the Human Resources department is 'concerned' about my record. I was completely humble and completely honest with this guy on the phone. He wants me on his team and he wants to go to bat for me, but it is ultimately up to the Human Resources department. They see my record and they think I might be too 'bad' to work for them.

Today I wrote a letter and sent it to him (per his request for when he talks to the HR department). Additionally I sent a letter from my gym supervisor who has agreed to write on my behalf. I made zero excuses, I was honest, and wrote with a humble spirit. Now I give it to God. If it is His will, I will work for this company and be the best employee I can be. I was SO excited for the offer, a good salary and benefits, and a stable schedule and income for the boys and I. However, I realize too that there are consequences for the choices I have made, and I do have a record. I am grateful for the employment that I do have.

I have a busy weekend filled with lots of hours of work at the restaurant and some hours teaching fitness at the gym. As I have no license right now, I'm really grateful that my son has his license and is willing to drive his mommy around! I will keep you all posted, and I thank you and am so grateful for all of you. Love, Jenm
2 Users Say Thank You to jenm For This Useful Post:
Thank You (11-06-2015), Thank You (11-09-2015)
Unread 11-06-2015, 02:35 PM   #381
Sam Bailey

Hey Jen!

I too admire your positive attitude and your great, genuine spirit. I admire the gratitude that you display on this board and, I'm certain, that you carry with you in your real-life life.

It's a powerful testament to your spiritual faith and to you as a good, decent woman.

Good for you, your boys are some very lucky kids.

Thing is though, it really does blow---the cost of those choices you mentioned. That sometimes, one has to pay and pay.....and pay.

My point is not that you shouldn't "pay," my point is that it's really okay to be a little bummed about it. NOT that you need my dumb-butt OK to show some disappointment. You don't. I'm just saying that IF you sometimes feel more than a little down about things, that's as normal as can be.

So long as you don't STAY in that dark, bummed-out place, you will remain an Aces Mom/person.

Here again, I'm likely to be projecting my own probable feelings about your story, if it were mine, I mean. Frankly, you are a better person than I, in lots of ways---certainly in making the best of things, especially when things ain't always so great.

I don't know, Jen. Guess I just feel like you've paid your tab already. Time for dessert. Right?

Ok, now that I've messed up THAT metaphor, I'll just sneak out the back way.

Hang cool!

sam
Thank You (11-09-2015)
Unread 11-06-2015, 03:00 PM   #382
Alexis

haha Sam, great post!

True as well.

Jen im hoping you get this job & the HR people see that you are capable and hard working who has just gone through some stuff, like we all do! We all make mistakes, but as humans, we need to show compassion and understanding as well.

Sometimes i wish i believed in god, it seems to be a bit help for you.

Love to you and your boys xxx
Thank You (11-09-2015)
Unread 11-06-2015, 08:07 PM   #383
R. Lee

jenm, Your honesty will pay off.
2 Users Say Thank You to R. Lee For This Useful Post:
Thank You (11-08-2015), Thank You (11-09-2015)
Unread 11-07-2015, 09:59 PM   #384
SecretTiger

Hi Jen,

I hope everything is going well. Good luck with the job! Whatever happens, I'm sure everything will work out for the best.
SecretTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
One User Says Thank You to SecretTiger For This Useful Post:
Thank You (11-09-2015)
Unread 11-08-2015, 10:33 PM   #385
gmasusie

Jenm, hang in; I believe it gets better as we go along. Keep up your faith. Keep us posted. Love, Susie
Thank You (11-09-2015)
Unread 11-09-2015, 08:06 AM   #386
Tryntryagain

Good afternoon dear Jen. Bright blessings to you.

Oh my goodness.....Sam does it for me everytime. What wonderful, undiluted and clear insights into our troubling yet wonderful lives.

I relate very much to "shit happens" theory, but lights are always waiting at the end of any tunnel. I'l give you an example based on your prison experience.

1 of my boys as you know has ****** it up in quite the most splendidly horrendous way. He is going to pay for it for years.

His trail will not happen until well into next year. The first thing the boy did that was right, was to plead guilty.

So...on remand, 4 visits a week, letters everyday, own clothes to wear, before conviction.

Well imagine his shock when they said to him...."Look at me....are you sure you are guilty? Are you sure that is your plea?"...

"Yup"... says Jake..

"ok, from now on, you are going into the "convicted" system. 2 visits per month, etc, etc".....it has blown his socks off.

HOWEVER......

When they throw the book at him, (quite rightly), it will mean his "now conditions" will come off his sentence. Bingo! There is the silver lining.

I struggle to think of anyone else my lucky life has afforded me, whose spirit, heart and soul is quite as capable as yours.

That being the case, i'm with dear Susie on this one. Keep up your faith.

Be peaceful, be healthy and be strong. Loveness to you dear Jen
Unread 11-09-2015, 04:15 PM   #387
Millie

Jen, you are one of the strongest people I know. Sending lots and lots of good employment vibes your way.
Thank You (11-09-2015)
Unread 11-09-2015, 07:43 PM   #388
gmasusie

I'd hire you in a heartbeat!
Unread 11-09-2015, 09:46 PM   #389
lostdog

best wishes and prayers!
Unread 11-13-2015, 02:31 PM   #390
Alexis

JEN! Just saw you on Susies thread. Glad you are around. Hope you are well xx
Unread 11-16-2015, 01:34 PM   #391
jenm

Hi!

Rainy and cold day in the midwest. I cannot drive right now, so my friend picked me up for the gym this morning and I taught a kickass weightlifting class. Then we went for coffee.

All 3 of my boys are in school right now! This is momentous. My oldest is struggling with the alternative program at his high school. I do have to agree with him that many of the people we deal with in this school district have their heads up their butts, but we all have to do things that we don't want to do. Jump through the hoops. His current hoop is getting his high school education. We will get there, one day at a time.

In other news, I've been sober a little over 3 months, following my drunk driving arrest. I have ONE more court appearance next Monday. It is (Lord willing) a mere formality, my attorney pushed it back so that I can get a fine reduction when I can get my temporary license on December 4.

Praise the Lord that I have all of you. I am so grateful!! Love, Jenm
2 Users Say Thank You to jenm For This Useful Post:
Thank You (11-16-2015), Thank You (11-16-2015)
Unread 11-16-2015, 01:58 PM   #392
gmasusie

Jenm, It sounds like things are looking up! You know we love you. Happy for the good news.
Unread 11-16-2015, 03:53 PM   #393
Millie

That does sound like good stuff. Great news. You always have the best attitude. What a wonderful example you are.

I want to take one of your classes!
Thank You (11-16-2015)
Unread 11-17-2015, 03:16 AM   #394
Alexis

you sounds fantastic jen, im so pleased for you and your family xx
Unread 11-17-2015, 08:55 AM   #395
Tryntryagain

Good afternoon dear Jen. Bright blessings to you.

I can not hide my disappointment. I thought you might have jail time stuff to sell. I am surprised to be frank. One would have thought dear Nan would be on the case. (Surely a pic of you in jail time jump suit in fetching orange?)

Hay hoe.....i can not vouch for those that can not see a splendid opportunity to make lots of vouchers,......ooppppssss....money.

I have loads of Sisters now, you were my first, soooo....(is thanking people for them still au fait?), thank you for introducing me to all the sisters i now know.

You also introduced me to the idea of "fitness".....

Oh hold on....is that the time!....oh........must dash......

Loveness dear Jen.
Unread 11-17-2015, 10:43 AM   #396
R. Lee

jenm, Congratulations on 3 moths sober.

Have a great day.
Unread 11-19-2015, 08:43 AM   #397
lostdog

Congrats JenM you are so awesome, you support me so much and hugs and luv are with you always!
Thank You (11-19-2015)
Unread 11-20-2015, 09:27 PM   #398
iamtrying

Jenm congrats on 3 months sober...you inspire me and many of us..thanks
iamtrying is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-22-2015, 09:41 AM   #399
lostdog

Hi JenM, where are you, let us know how you are, luv and hugs.
Unread 11-23-2015, 09:30 AM   #400
jenm

Hi lostdog - and everyone! Thanks for checking in on me!

Weekends are always super busy for me, working in the restaurant business. Plus I had to teach a couple of fitness classes in there too.

Today is my (Lord willing) final court appearance. It is the 'sentencing' day. I have already completed all the stuff I'm supposed to do (jail, weekend class, etc) but my attorney pushed this date out so that in early December, when I get my temporary license, they will waive half of the fee - that's like $600. So, one more thing. I'll let you know how it goes!

Since I'm on this 30 day suspension of no driving at all, I am so blessed to have my oldest son be my chauffeur, and I have a bunch of other people willing and offering to give me rides to my jobs. I'm so grateful!

I'm just very grateful today. Financially things still suck for us, that new job is still 'pending' (because I'm "bad")(on paper), but I'm still just so grateful! I have three amazing and healthy boys, a wonderful family, many friends, all of you, a roof over our heads, a car that I cannot drive right now, I'm certainly not starving, and a sense of peace that I know that no matter what happens, the Lord has me in His arms and will not let go.

Have a wonderful day, everyone! Be grateful, remember it could be much worse. And nothing is worth drinking over. Love, Jenm
3 Users Say Thank You to jenm For This Useful Post:
Thank You (11-23-2015), Thank You (11-23-2015), Thank You (11-23-2015)