Addiction Survivors

Notices

Unread 09-09-2015, 01:14 PM   #251
NancyB
Administrator

Great news Jen!!!

(((hugs)))

Nancy
Important disclaimer: Any information in this post is not and does not constitute medical advice under any circumstances. Addiction Survivors, Inc. does not warranty or guarantee the accurateness, completeness, adequacy or currency of the information contained in or linked to the Site. Your use of information on the Site or materials linked to the Site is entirely at your own risk. NEVER take any online advice over that of a qualified healthcare provider. Any information contained on AddictionSurvivors.org should only serve to inspire further investigation with credible, verifiable references sources such as your physician or therapist.
NancyB is offline   Reply With Quote
One User Says Thank You to NancyB For This Useful Post:
Thank You (09-12-2015)
Unread 09-09-2015, 02:04 PM   #252
lostdog

Good news ! Hugs to you!
lostdog is offline   Reply With Quote
One User Says Thank You to lostdog For This Useful Post:
Thank You (09-12-2015)
Unread 09-09-2015, 03:06 PM   #253
Millie

I'm so glad to hear that. (((hugs)))
Millie is offline   Reply With Quote
One User Says Thank You to Millie For This Useful Post:
Thank You (09-12-2015)
Unread 09-09-2015, 04:22 PM   #254
R. Lee

Wonderful news jenm. Continued hard work will pay off. We are not bad people we just do bad things at times.

You are so fortunate to have a mom like nan.
R. Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
One User Says Thank You to R. Lee For This Useful Post:
Thank You (09-12-2015)
Unread 09-09-2015, 09:28 PM   #255
Saint

You are in control of your future, well that part of it that we can control, lol.

Continue to make good choices, they lead to better results.

Peace
Saint
Saint is offline   Reply With Quote
One User Says Thank You to Saint For This Useful Post:
Thank You (09-12-2015)
Unread 09-11-2015, 01:48 PM   #256
Sam Bailey

Hi Jen!

Since you haven't checked in for a coupla days, I hope.....

I hope you're away celebrating the good news from your (yesterday's) court appearance.

Other words, I hope you're NOT away...well, not away---in THAT way.

But know what, Jen? IF that's what happened, okay. It is what it is. Truth is, FACT is! you will be back.

Accepting whatever happens to us is always the first step in coming back from any sort of negative challenge.

And you've done that. You're doing that.

Please, keep your strength and your faith. Hang on to that powerful dignity you have.

You have been blessed with a positive character, Jen---even if you haven't always taken advantage of it. Even if you haven't always acknowledged it.

Today though, you are on that path, that good and just path. Just keep walking it, Jen. Keep moving forward, one step, one day at a time.

best,

sam
Sam Bailey is offline   Reply With Quote
One User Says Thank You to Sam Bailey For This Useful Post:
Thank You (09-12-2015)
Unread 09-11-2015, 01:54 PM   #257
Millie

She visited my thread today, sounding great.
2 Users Say Thank You to Millie For This Useful Post:
Thank You (09-12-2015), Thank You (09-12-2015)
Unread 09-12-2015, 08:23 AM   #258
Tryntryagain

Good afternoon dear Jenm. Bright blessings to you.

I just want to give you my love and strength and say i am with Sam.

From it i heard, "powerful dignity"...."positive character"....."keep your strength and faith".

Not only is that quite beautiful, it is spot on.

Write soon.

Be peaceful, be lucky, be healthy and be strong. Loveness to you dear Jen.
Tryntryagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-12-2015, 10:27 AM   #259
jenm

Hi! I'm here.....the mentally unstable, crazytown, son/cat loving sinner.

All is well! I work Tuesday - Sunday at the restaurant, plus fitness classes, plus boys, plus treatment classes and counseling. To say my schedule is full is a huge understatement. But I'm GRATEFUL. I could be in jail right now. I still might be in a month. No matter what, to God be the Glory. I am putting one foot in front of the other one day at a time.

My littlest one lost his front tooth. He is so proud. He has two 100% perfect spelling tests for his first 2 weeks of school. So cute! My big boys are doing well, my football player son is so busy, I forgot what he looks like. I do remember he needs a haircut. My big boy cleaned my house last week top to bottom, and mowed the yard yesterday. I am so very blessed. Have a great weekend, everyone! I am just doing housework, might return the library books that are 2 weeks overdue, and I work tonight. Love, Jenm
jenm is offline   Reply With Quote
2 Users Say Thank You to jenm For This Useful Post:
Thank You (09-12-2015), Thank You (09-14-2015)
Unread 09-12-2015, 02:06 PM   #260
R. Lee

jenm, Don't worry about what might happen in a month.

Have a great day.
2 Users Say Thank You to R. Lee For This Useful Post:
Thank You (09-13-2015), Thank You (09-14-2015)
Unread 09-13-2015, 03:53 PM   #261
lostdog

I concur with R.Lee and stay the course the best you can, you really are doing incredibly well, I'm praying and wishing the best thoughts for you!
2 Users Say Thank You to lostdog For This Useful Post:
Thank You (09-13-2015), Thank You (09-14-2015)
Unread 09-14-2015, 08:16 AM   #262
jenm

Hi!

I'm really not worried about what might happen in a month, it is in God's hands and under His control. I'm so thankful for that!

I've been sober for a month, today. Praise the Lord! Have a wonderful day everyone! Love, Jenm
3 Users Say Thank You to jenm For This Useful Post:
Thank You (09-14-2015), Thank You (09-14-2015), Thank You (09-14-2015)
Unread 09-14-2015, 09:59 AM   #263
Tryntryagain

What an quite extraordinary person you are.

Now Tryn, having spent a great deal of time believing that i....infact......am God himself, (i have since found out i am not, and hopefully will get my money back), i am totally convinced that God will be mighty proud of you. If there is a penance to pay, so be it. I have an inkling that you have already paid those, and he/she will know that. I so wish i could be there in a month. I will be from dear ole Blighty.

I have a proposal for you.

Your little one is incredibly proud of losing his front toothy? Now Tryn could do with any spare teeth that "happen to find their way onto the market". So now, if the tooth fairies happen to want to do a deal? (P+P not a problem).......remember it is "Tryn@addictionsurvivors.please"

1 month sober....as we say in the East End of Londinium.....Pukka!

Be peaceful, be healthy and be strong. Loveness to you dear Jen
One User Says Thank You to Tryntryagain For This Useful Post:
Thank You (09-14-2015)
Unread 09-14-2015, 02:04 PM   #264
Millie

I say this with the utmost humility: one month is awesome. Congratulations, Jenm. You rock.
Unread 09-14-2015, 09:55 PM   #265
R. Lee

You ROCK jenm!! Congrats on one month sober.

Have a great evening.
Unread 09-14-2015, 10:55 PM   #266
nan

Yippee! Doodle! One month-so proud of you!

nan(mom)
nan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-16-2015, 10:06 AM   #267
gmasusie

Jenm, I remember one month. I was amazed that I had made it that far. I began to believe I could do it. I know you can. You've done it before. We love you. Susie
gmasusie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-16-2015, 11:46 AM   #268
Saint

Ken congrats on your milestone. You are an inspiration to me.

Saint
Unread 09-16-2015, 02:33 PM   #269
Alexis

Congrats Jen, amazing, so proud of you.

Peace xxx
Alexis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-17-2015, 08:09 AM   #270
SecretTiger

Jen, I admire your strength and positive outlook so much!

Congratulations!
SecretTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-17-2015, 01:12 PM   #271
Millie

Jenm, how are you today?
Thank You (09-20-2015)
Unread 09-18-2015, 07:55 AM   #272
jenm

Hi! I am doing well, thanks! As I get close to the weekend my work schedule increases, my 'weekend' is usually Monday and Tuesday - in which I still work but it is less than the weekends.

I got up early today for no real reason, and I got into God's word and worked on Scripture memorization. I am just amazed at the mercy, grace, and forgiveness. Despite what is going on in life, I try to look at things in light of eternity. I have a peace today that I cannot describe. Very, very grateful to be sober today. Enjoy your day everyone! Love, Jenm
One User Says Thank You to jenm For This Useful Post:
Thank You (09-20-2015)
Unread 09-18-2015, 09:48 AM   #273
lostdog

Hi Jenm, so glad to here from you and your positive spiritual ways, much luv and hugs to you.
Thank You (09-20-2015)
Unread 09-18-2015, 10:21 AM   #274
R. Lee

Have a great day jenm.
One User Says Thank You to R. Lee For This Useful Post:
Thank You (09-20-2015)
Unread 09-18-2015, 10:39 AM   #275
gmasusie

Hang in there, Jenm. I love your attitude.
One User Says Thank You to gmasusie For This Useful Post:
Thank You (09-20-2015)
Unread 09-18-2015, 07:55 PM   #276
Millie

Glad you're doing well. Hugs!
Thank You (09-20-2015)
Unread 09-20-2015, 10:11 AM   #277
Saint

Jennm,
I hope you are having a good weekend, despite all the hours you are working.

Saint
One User Says Thank You to Saint For This Useful Post:
Thank You (09-20-2015)
Unread 09-20-2015, 12:20 PM   #278
lostdog

Hey girl, I just finally did a fitness class and thought of you. It was on the internet. take care sweetie!
Thank You (09-20-2015)
Unread 09-20-2015, 12:42 PM   #279
Tryntryagain

As one of the first to welcome me, and beckon me into this family, you know it not only saved my life, for whatever i am or made of, i have learnt to engage with those things i believe, and in order to do so, i have to stay focused.

I can't tell you from here in dear ole Blighty how much your goodself, I Am Trying, ohhh, you know, it would go on too long, supply the wood for others to build?

In the early days, the family was trying to share with me that whatever pathway i chose, i needed to want and own that. The owning part, the challenge. I know you have alot on your plate.

Dear Jen, inspiration has indeed shone down on you, and you let your light shine down on all of us. Thank you.

Be peaceful, be healthy and be strong. Loveness to you dear Jenm
Unread 09-20-2015, 03:50 PM   #280
gmasusie

He speaks the truth. Love Susie
Unread 09-24-2015, 10:15 PM   #281
jenm

Hi!

Just wanted to say hi and share a couple of things. Today has been one of the worst days in quite awhile for me. However, I'm home from work and with my boys and I'm so grateful for so many reasons.

The sucky stuff: Discouraging meeting with attorney today. Most likely will spend time in jail in mid October. Possibly not, but highly probable. Still have to face the "new" case with thousands of dollars in fines and losing my license for half a year. Don't know about possible 'more' jail time with that. Also, struggling with my oldest son and his wanting to drop out of school, not attending, multiple issues there. Further, I'm not sure if I have flying ants or termites in my basement but I found a new infestation of them today. Have been fighting them all week, thousands of them. Super gross. No money to call a professional in. Just don't have it. All this came down today, BEFORE I went in for my shift at work tonight. I worked even though I wanted to cry like every 5 minutes. My bank account is in the hole and I have pressing bills due. Can't pay them without money.

Non sucky stuff: I'm healthy, I'm alive, and I'm sober. Praise God! I reached out to one of my girlfriends from church and she encouraged me and sent me some Scripture. My boys are all healthy and we have a roof over our heads (for now). I(Unless the termites/flying ants eat it all overnight and we wake up in our yard). I love my treatment counselor and my groups, and I also enjoy my biblical counseling. My PO put me in another class that really has nothing to do with me, and I have to do it for 24 weeks, but at least I only have to go there once a week. I have good jobs and get to teach fitness a lot. I have wonderful support from my family, who I love so very much. Joleen the cat is still fat and hungry all the time. Her brothers, Max, Jango, and Squishy, are amazing and loving.

No matter what happens, I know there is a solution. Alcohol is not in that list. Jesus is. You guys are. My family is. My sons are. All of my wonderful friends are. I'm sad today and today really sucked, but I'm grateful at the same time. I'm going to bed. Love, Jenm
2 Users Say Thank You to jenm For This Useful Post:
Thank You (09-24-2015), Thank You (09-25-2015)
Unread 09-25-2015, 12:11 AM   #282
SecretTiger

I'm sorry to hear that, Jen. I hope everything works out. My thoughts are with you and your family.
SecretTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
One User Says Thank You to SecretTiger For This Useful Post:
Thank You (09-25-2015)
Unread 09-25-2015, 06:55 AM   #283
Tryntryagain

Good morning dear Jen. Bright blessings to you.

**** me, you have found the most incredible strength. You have a very, very clear understanding of what is happening to you, an inspirational letter if i ever read one. I love the way you have separated out "what to be grateful for, and what NOT to be grateful for". True strength.

If it means anything to you at this time, my motivation for moving forward has come about by taking responsibility for my actions, mighty hard sometimes. For example the situation with my leg, sure reconstructed back in the day....how did it happen? I was drunk trying to ski jump. My fault, now the consequences have come to visit me.

My heart implores that mercy is shown to you. If it is not, i will make sure Nan passes on our messages of love and compassion.

Your faith is empowering you so very much, keep it close to your heart if tough times get tougher. A quick ditty. There is an old chinese story that has been told to children for a 1000 years. It is that of a boy who had to walk across mountains to go to school. In the winter, waist deep in snow, his hands frozen, just to get to school.

1 day in the winter he felt he could not go on. The path was fading with snow and he dropped to his knees and offered up "why is my life so difficult? Why are these things happening to me?" An old man, seemingly undisturbed by the weather consoled the boy and said that he was being prepared for greater things, but before he could attain them his resolve needed to be tested.

It was, and the boy went onto to be a great leader and i always tell my children when life throws them lemons.... 1 day you will teach another how to make lemonade.

My thoughts with you.

Be peaceful, be healthy and be strong. Loveness to you dear Jen
One User Says Thank You to Tryntryagain For This Useful Post:
Thank You (09-25-2015)
Unread 09-25-2015, 10:28 AM   #284
R. Lee

jenm, Glad you have gratitude for the good things in your life. The negative things will work out.

Try & have a good day.
Unread 09-25-2015, 02:56 PM   #285
lostdog

I'm so sorry for all your troubling matters that have jumped up quickly. You are handling it well and have a good attitude and yes, you embrace it and then work on it and that's so nice to hear. These things that come up in our lives our very real to us. Others can say , oh be grateful, etc. but to us it is rough, real rough, but like I said you saw it recognized it, cussed at it, well maybe not but I cuss sometimes, and you are looking at it in a positive way. That's hard to do, and you are my inspiration for today. You really are.
Unread 09-25-2015, 05:38 PM   #286
Saint

Jen,
Sending you hugs.

A suggestion. Call one of the pest control companies. Explain your situation to them with the ants. Ask if there is something you can do on your own to rid yourself of the ants.

Termites are usually never seen. They usually build mud tunnels from the ground up the wall. They do not like to be exposed and are rarely seen....

Keep plugging away and you will get through this.

Thinking of you,
Saint
Unread 09-29-2015, 05:38 PM   #287
Alexis

How you doing Jen? xx
Unread 09-30-2015, 11:23 AM   #288
jenm

Hi! I'm doing ok!

Turns out we have 'flying ants', not termites. Ok? I've never seen them before in my life. I have sprayed and there are ant trap/poison things out (away from the kids and the cats) so, Lord willing, they will not come back. If they do, I'll kill them all again.

It has been a stressful past week or so, then last night I got sick for no reason. Stomach upset, feverish, I had to cancel my 2nd fitness class and I went to bed early. Today I am trying to rest before I have to go to work, hoping it is just a little virus or something that will go away.

My next court date is 10/13, and I am supposed to prepare to go to jail that day. It doesn't seem like there is any other option, and that is what the judge will give me. Once again, I will have everything taken care of (Lord willing) by then. In the meantime, I just continue to go to work, my counseling, and my groups, and do the stuff that I'm supposed to do. I know that the Lord's holding me and that this is all gonna be ok.

I have many hours of work starting tonight, I work the next 5 nights and some days too. In addition to the boys, teaching my classes at the gym, etc. It is all fine and I like working, I just want to feel a little better first! My boys got me some 7up last night so I'm sipping that. Grateful to be sober, even though I don't feel good, and grateful for my boys, my jobs, my silly cats, my family, just grateful to be alive and able to see the positive - even when things suck. Love, Jenm
Thank You (10-01-2015)
Unread 09-30-2015, 11:28 AM   #289
lostdog

Oh JenM, I hope you feel better soon! lots of luv and hugs sent your way.
Unread 09-30-2015, 01:54 PM   #290
Millie

That sounds just miserable. I'm so sorry.

You sound very strong in the face of all of this, Jenm. I'm so glad you have your faith to hold you up. All of this will be over soon.

Hugs to you!!
Unread 10-01-2015, 09:41 AM   #291
R. Lee

jenm, way to work your program.

Have a nice day.
Unread 10-06-2015, 08:38 PM   #292
Alexis

How are you feeling Jen? Flying ants? Sounds like some horror film!!

Peace xx
Unread 10-07-2015, 09:15 AM   #293
Tryntryagain

Good afternoon dear Jen. Bright blessings to you.

I am lucky now as i have all the brothers and sisters i do in this family. You were the first sister i had here. We done years together. I say this because i truly feel helpless and my humanity wishes things were different and i could influence that.

Is it really an "open and shut case" you will go to jail? If you do, how long will it be? Have you got proper representation to communicate and express to the court where you are now? Have you a defence that offers sentencing options to the court that is a tad more than "plan B"?

Please, please keep us up to date?

Worried brother. Loveness to you
Unread 10-08-2015, 08:41 AM   #294
jenm

Hi!

I have to serve some time next week. I have to. This weekend I have a weekend thing, which counts as 2 days of jail time, but it is classes all weekend at a hotel. Thank God, although it will be boring and suck, that counts for 2 days.

Since I have a probation violation and a new charge, my attorney has worked with the prosecuting attorney to 'only' give me a week in jail. Credit for 2 days served at this weekend thing, and I sit for 5 days. That is the best I can get. The judge can still disagree and give me more, I will not know until next Tuesday.

I am heartsick and nervous, but I can and will get through it and know that I will be ok. Other than screwing up and getting bailed out right away, I have not served more than a day, ever. So, this is new territory for me. However, I AM grateful as it really could be a lot worse. They could give me a month - or more, really, if they wanted to. This court hearing and jail time will wrap up my violation as well as my new case, to which I am pleading guilty, and I will not have anymore court appearances or face jail time - I'll just be on probation still and lose my license for awhile.

Yes, Tryn, my attorney has advocated for me in the absolute best ways possible. I am in counseling, treatment groups, one on one counseling, and I'm still wearing this thing on my ankle (til next Monday) and this jail time is, I guess, considered a gift.

The bottom line is, I am humbled and I have to pay for what I did. Although I don't think leaving my sons and jobs and sitting around in jail is beneficial, it doesn't matter what I think. What matters is I broke the law and I have to do what they tell me I have to do. I am grateful to be sober today - it takes what it takes to get me where I need to be. I guess the Lord has me where He wants me, and I know that I can get through this little storm and get to the other side. I am so very blessed, my mom can help with the boys, all my jobs are covering for me and I will still have employment afterwards. Financially, things really suck and will only get worse with me being away from work, but again, I have life, and praise the Lord for that!

I'll be gone this weekend at the class thingie, and home for 2 nights before I go to court on 10/13 at 1:30 pm. They will take me into custody at that time. I'll touch base soon, before I go. Love, Jenm
Unread 10-08-2015, 09:35 AM   #295
lostdog

Jenm, You will get through this and I will be praying for you, too.
Your posting in recovery is outstanding and wonderful, much support, hugs, and luv to you!
Unread 10-08-2015, 10:28 AM   #296
R. Lee

jenm, This weekend may not suck & be boring. Go with a different attitude & make the best of it.
Unread 10-08-2015, 10:31 AM   #297
jenm

You're right, R Lee! I need a better attitude. I will go with an open mind - I'm just pissy and in fear.

Thanks Lostdog - for your prayer and support.

At the end of the day, I am going to be just fine. The world does not revolve around me, I can and will get through this with an open mind, heart, and good attitude, and Lord willing, I will be a blessing to someone else. Love, Jenm
Thank You (10-09-2015)
Unread 10-08-2015, 12:12 PM   #298
Alexis

you are pretty awesome Jen, to be facing this yet seeming as calm as you can be & knowing you cant change things. Thats really impressive. Im thinking of you, you are a credit to your family, here & at home xx
Unread 10-08-2015, 12:46 PM   #299
Millie

Jen, I'm so glad to hear from you. And so glad it's only 5 days. That really is remarkable, given what could've happened. I totally understand your fear.

After this, it will be over. You will never have to do this again. Never. All you have to do is get through it, and then your life will be yours.

Love and support to you, Jenm. You can do this.
Unread 10-08-2015, 04:37 PM   #300
Tryntryagain

Good evening dear Jenm. Bright blessings to you.

I am, and will always be here and sending you my strength.

I am also sending you a great big hug.

Loveness to you dear Jenm