Addiction Survivors

Notices

Unread 01-24-2016, 10:28 PM   #451
lostdog

Good choices and glad your better. I've never had a drinking work party. It's interesting how they want employees to drink and then can gossip about it if they want.hope you continue to do well. You are a sweetie.
lostdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-25-2016, 03:20 PM   #452
Millie

So glad you're feeling better! And it sounds like you made a good choice on skipping the party bus. Yikes. That sounds like a nightmare to socially-awkward me.

I hope you are having a good day, and I'll send lots of good thoughts for you finding peace this month, and for easing of your financial troubles.
Millie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-01-2016, 10:05 AM   #453
lostdog

Hey JenM how are you? Hope you are staying warm and feeling well, miss ya.
One User Says Thank You to lostdog For This Useful Post:
Thank You (02-01-2016)
Unread 02-02-2016, 06:27 AM   #454
Alexis

Yes, missing you Jen, check in when you can xx
Alexis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-02-2016, 01:40 PM   #455
jenm

Hi all!

Thank you for thinking of me! We are having a "snow day" today - literally. The boys' school was cancelled and it is a terrible blizzard. I'm just about to bundle up and go out and shovel, I do have to go to the gym later and teach a class.

We are all doing well! Really nothing new to report. I'm still seeing the counseling Pastor at church on a weekly basis, and that is so very helpful and uplifting for me. I'm excited that we have a plan in place for my oldest to complete high school, that has been up in the air for awhile. My middle boy is doing well in 10th grade, and little Collin is rocking 1st grade. We did have a little teaching moment last week, though. I got a call from the principal - Collin got caught stealing a stuffed animal from another classroom and putting it in his backpack. He had to miss recess the next day and sit in the Principal's office. When he came home from school that day, he was crying and just devastated. He said, "Mommy, will you forgive me?" I told him that NOTHING he does will ever make me love him any less, and we had a talk about making the right choices and how he would feel if someone took something from him. Poor Collin - BUT he learned a lesson, and that is a good thing. The last couple of days I have sent him off to this bus with, "I love you! Don't take anything that isn't yours!" Oh the joys of parenting.

Ok - time to go put on 67 layers of clothes and coat and hat and boots and go move some of this white stuff out of my driveway. Love you all, Jenm
jenm is offline   Reply With Quote
One User Says Thank You to jenm For This Useful Post:
Thank You (02-02-2016)
Unread 02-03-2016, 11:04 AM   #456
R. Lee

You are a great mom. Have a great sober day jenm.
R. Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-03-2016, 02:02 PM   #457
Tryntryagain

Good evening dear Jenm. Bright blessings to you.

You say, "really nothing new to report", yet there is. Just because you are doing the same things to create positive outcomes, each time, a new time. I am seeing Milan this evening for my weekly "cards on the table honesty session", much like you share with your Pastor in Church on a weekly basis. Same thing, in our kinda way.

As my dear R Lee says, "you're a great Mom", (I still can not get why you say "Mom", and that in dear ole Blighty..... Mum is most endearing and entirely appropriate. Maybe Mum went the same way as "cwoffee" i would suggest!) YOU have a great "Mom, you are a great Mom, and your Mom is a Mom to me to, so outta da way sister!.

You letter shares journeys of choice, decisions and consequences. That you embrace all of you, and it, in your life empowers me to find my way to do the same.

Be peaceful, be healthy and be strong. Loveness to you dear Jen
Tryntryagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-03-2016, 02:05 PM   #458
Tryntryagain

Good evening dear Jenm. Bright blessings to you.

You say, "really nothing new to report", yet there is. Just because you are doing the same things to create positive outcomes, each time, a new time. I am seeing Milan this evening for my weekly "cards on the table honesty session", much like you share with your Pastor in Church on a weekly basis. Same thing, in our kinda way.

As my dear R Lee says, "you're a great Mom", (I still can not get why you say "Mom", and that in dear ole Blighty..... Mum is most endearing and entirely appropriate. Maybe Mum went the same way as "cwoffee" i would suggest!) YOU have a great "Mom, you are a great Mom, and your Mom is a Mom to me to, so outta da way sister!.

You letter shares journeys of choice, decisions and consequences. That you embrace all of you, and it, in your life empowers me to find my way to do the same.

Unread 02-03-2016, 02:06 PM   #459
Tryntryagain

(I apologise dear Jen. Ive been having problems sending today)

Loveness to you and dear Nan
Unread 02-13-2016, 11:46 AM   #460
jenm

Hi!

As I sat writing in my journal this morning and savoring God's word, I looked at my daily calendar, which gives me a little inspiration and some Scripture. I realized that 6 months ago was the day I was arrested for drunk driving. Praise the Lord I have not taken a drink since that day. I am so very very grateful. For Him, for my family, for all of you (my family too!).

Today is my long day at work, and I'm happy to report that we have a new car! Well, used, but new to us. It is literally zero degrees outside F, the windchill is somewhere around 50 million below (at this point who cares about exact numbers) but I am in a warm home with my 3 boys, the cats are fighting and Joleen continues to gain weight, and all is well with my soul. Love you all, Jenm

"Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid." John 14:27
Thank You (02-13-2016)
Unread 02-13-2016, 12:00 PM   #461
R. Lee

Great job working for sobriety jenm. Happy to hear that life is going well. I can't. He can. I better get out of the way!!
Unread 02-13-2016, 12:02 PM   #462
Tryntryagain

Good afternoon dear Jen. Bright blessings to you.

How wonderful. Infact what a bundle of wonderfulness you are. Inspiration comes in many forms. You inspire me with your energy endlessly.

Unread 02-13-2016, 01:18 PM   #463
gmasusie

Good to hear from you Jen. Boy, I remember those bitter cold Midwestern winters. Stay warm!
gmasusie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-14-2016, 11:25 AM   #464
lostdog

Hi JenM, stay warm and congrats on your new car! You keep inspiring me so much!
Unread 02-14-2016, 02:54 PM   #465
Alexis

Keep warm, keep proud, keep awesome xxx
Unread 02-17-2016, 01:55 PM   #466
Millie

Hi Jen. Congrats on the new car.

You sound really good. I'm happy to see that. Seriously, your positive attitude is amazing. Hugs!
One User Says Thank You to Millie For This Useful Post:
Thank You (02-17-2016)
Unread 02-19-2016, 01:52 AM   #467
gmasusie

Noone deserves a new car more than you, after what you have been through. You continue to be a role model for all of us in not giving up.
One User Says Thank You to gmasusie For This Useful Post:
Thank You (02-19-2016)
Unread 02-22-2016, 05:58 PM   #468
Millie

How are you, Jenm?
Unread 02-24-2016, 11:08 AM   #469
jenm

Hi! I am doing well, thanks!

Things are busy as usual, my oldest son now has a full-time job as a plumber's helper so I have to have him to work by 6am everyday, I'm still working at the gym most mornings and I also work at the restaurant Wed - Sun nights. Very grateful for my sobriety, my boys, my family, and all of you! Thanks for thinking of me! Love, Jenm
2 Users Say Thank You to jenm For This Useful Post:
Thank You (02-24-2016), Thank You (02-24-2016)
Unread 02-24-2016, 01:32 PM   #470
Millie

You sound good, Jenm. Nice to see.
Unread 02-25-2016, 01:07 AM   #471
gmasusie

Jenm, It is always good to hear good news from you. The boys are so lucky to have you for a mom and Nan for a gma. You face life headon; you are our inspiration!
One User Says Thank You to gmasusie For This Useful Post:
Thank You (02-25-2016)
Unread 02-25-2016, 10:22 AM   #472
R. Lee

Glad you are doing well jenm. Have a great day.
Unread 02-25-2016, 02:12 PM   #473
lostdog

Nice to hear! Take care.
Unread 03-02-2016, 06:56 PM   #474
Alexis

How you doing today Jen? xx
Unread 03-03-2016, 02:35 PM   #475
jenm

Hi Alexis!

Things are good. As good as can be, I suppose, and I'll take that. I'm SO HAPPY that it is March and Spring is right around the corner. I like living in the midwest, but the winters are brutal, and I do not like the winters. It is also very beautiful to see all four seasons very clearly every year. It reminds me that there is a God who is control of all of this, every moment, Scripture tells us that He can count the number of hairs on our head!

Thanks for thinking of me. I hope you are doing well. Take good care of yourself, replace negative thoughts with good ones (or Simpsons quotes, I stick to Family Guy quotes myself)........sorry my ADHD kicking in. Enjoy Jackson, drink some tea, ride your bike, sweat, jump around, dance, who cares? We're only guaranteed this very moment so live in it and not the future, over which we have zero control. Love, Jenm
Unread 03-03-2016, 02:38 PM   #476
Alexis

You sound happy, that is great!!! Good idea to replace the negative thoughts with Simpsons quotes too haha

Had a couple of miles bike ride today, just to the tram and back. I got the tram the full way into town as its stormy out there. almost got blown under a car at one point, not good! xx
Unread 03-03-2016, 04:08 PM   #477
Millie

Nice to see you Jenm. Enjoy the spring!
Unread 03-04-2016, 10:49 AM   #478
lostdog

yes, and the redbuds are coming out. take care with luv- fabulous JenM.
Unread 03-04-2016, 11:04 AM   #479
R. Lee

jenm, Glad you are doing just fine. Looking forward to Spring too. Have a great day.
Unread 03-14-2016, 09:40 AM   #480
Alexis

Jen, how are you? Thinking of you as always xx
Unread 03-20-2016, 07:31 PM   #481
lostdog

Hi JenM, how are you? hope the spring is bringing you the first hints of beautiful buds and a new season you will enjoy. take care.
Unread 03-22-2016, 09:59 PM   #482
Saint

Hi Jen! Hope all is well in your corner of the world.

Saint
Saint is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-24-2016, 09:08 AM   #483
jenm

Hi Everyone!

The boys and I are shivering in the midwest. We got teased with some Spring like weather and now it is super cold again and there is snow north of us, I'm grateful that my furnace is still working!

I'm just working both jobs, doing my best with these boys, and trusting in Christ. Busy weekend at work ahead for me, and I'm excited for Easter service on Sunday. Take care! Jenm
Thank You (03-24-2016)
Unread 03-24-2016, 10:10 AM   #484
R. Lee

Have a great day jenm.
Unread 03-24-2016, 10:47 PM   #485
lostdog

stay warm, it is sunny and occassionally windy. take care and miss ya!
Unread 03-25-2016, 11:16 PM   #486
gmasusie

Good to hear from you, JenM. Rip and I missed St. Patrick's, so we're cooking corned beef and cabbage for Easter dinner!. Heather will be glad to hear it. I always cooked lamb on Easter, and since she could talk, she refused to eat lamb. "It's like eating Bambi!!! I can't believe you eat baby animals!"

I hope you and the boys get warm soon. Enjoy your Easter together.

Love, Susie
Unread 03-26-2016, 08:36 AM   #487
Tryntryagain

Good morning dearest Jenm. Bright blessings to you.

Oh my, what a wonderful time this must be for you in your heart.

I just wanted to pop by and wish you a very, very, very happy Easter. May your love and relationship with God and Jesus be fulfilled this weekend.

My heart will be yours this weekend.

Be peaceful, be healthy and be strong. Loveness to you dearest Jenm
Unread 03-27-2016, 08:17 AM   #488
Alexis

Jen, just popping in to wish you Happy Easter and hope your day in church is wonderful for you and your boys.

Love & Peace xxx
Unread 03-27-2016, 08:24 PM   #489
jenm

Thank you Alexis, Susie, R Lee, Saint, Tryn!!!

Church was amazing today. He is Risen! Oh Praise the Lord!

I'm relaxing, ignoring much needed housework. There is always tomorrow, right? The weather is supposed to warm up a bit this week, but for now, we are snuggled in and not going anywhere this evening. It is nice to be home. Love, Jenm
Unread 03-29-2016, 06:44 AM   #490
Alexis

Im glad it was so good for you! you deserve it Love to you xx
Unread 03-29-2016, 01:53 PM   #491
Millie

Nice to see you, Jenm! Have a great day.
Unread 03-30-2016, 11:44 AM   #492
lostdog

It sounds like JenM is on a great path and I'm so glad for you. Keep it up and support to you everyday, take care.
Unread 04-25-2016, 08:24 PM   #493
lostdog

How are you JenM miss ya!
Unread 04-29-2016, 09:22 AM   #494
jenm

Hi! I am doing well - my son got me hooked up with a new computer and I am trying to figure things out. I am quite slow with technology.

I love Spring, we have had a ton of rain this week but all things are blooming and everything is turning colorful again. The boys are great and have 22 days of school left, not that we are counting or anything!

I'm grateful to report that I get my regular driver's license back next week and that thing comes out of my car. I'm so excited! I 'graduated' from my "I suck at life" class that I had to attend every Tuesday for 24 weeks. All is well here, I will catch up very soon! Love you all, Jenm
Thank You (04-29-2016)
Unread 04-29-2016, 10:49 AM   #495
R. Lee

Great update jenm. It only gets better as we stay sober. Have a great day.
Unread 04-29-2016, 01:39 PM   #496
lostdog

take JenM, so glad your doing well, you sound GREAT!
One User Says Thank You to lostdog For This Useful Post:
Thank You (04-29-2016)
Unread 04-29-2016, 05:04 PM   #497
Alexis

Glad to hear how well you are doing Jen!! XX
Unread 05-02-2016, 03:30 PM   #498
Millie

All of that is so great! Thank you for checking in. It's great to see you.
Unread 05-09-2016, 06:39 PM   #499
Alexis

How are things Jen? Hope your boys treated you on Mothers Day!! im sure they did xx
Unread 05-13-2016, 04:41 PM   #500
jenm

Hi! Alexis and all, thanks for thinking of me.

I worked many hours on Mother's Day, the boys cleaned house and mowed the lawn. I was so happy that I almost cried when I got home, except I was too tired. Tuesday was my birthday and I woke at 2am VERY sick. I was physically unable to get up the entire day or night. Wednesday morning I went to my doc and he sent me down to the hospital where I stayed for just the afternoon. This week has been a blur. Now I'm working my night shifts, got subs for fitness for a few days so my body can get back to normal, whatever that is.

My heart is heavy for my brother who is drinking all the time now - again. He is back to living with my mom because he cannot keep a job and gave up his apartment. Very sad situation. After receiving a life saving liver transplant. I pray for peace for my mom and for him to come to the end of himself and get sober. Please keep my family in your prayers. Off to work I go, have a great weekend all! Love, Jenm