Addiction Survivors

Notices

Unread 01-29-2015, 08:42 PM   #101
NancyB
Administrator

Hi globie, instead of just stopping the Suboxone, think about taking it every other day for a little bit, and then you can try to either stretch it out to every 3rd day or give stopping a try. That might be a little easier.

I hope you feel better soon!

Nancy
Important disclaimer: Any information in this post is not and does not constitute medical advice under any circumstances. Addiction Survivors, Inc. does not warranty or guarantee the accurateness, completeness, adequacy or currency of the information contained in or linked to the Site. Your use of information on the Site or materials linked to the Site is entirely at your own risk. NEVER take any online advice over that of a qualified healthcare provider. Any information contained on AddictionSurvivors.org should only serve to inspire further investigation with credible, verifiable references sources such as your physician or therapist.
NancyB is offline   Reply With Quote
One User Says Thank You to NancyB For This Useful Post:
Thank You (01-29-2015)
Unread 01-30-2015, 02:31 AM   #102
MarvinC

Post moved to new thread:

http://www.addictionsurvivors.org/vb...ad.php?t=29830
MarvinC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-01-2015, 03:44 PM   #103
needhelpplease

globie...
wondering, what made you come to your dad with your problem?
what made you realize you even had a problem?
by the way, CONGRATULATIONS!!! you have worked your ass off to get where you are and i dont know you but after reading your posts i am proud of u!
needhelpplease is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-18-2015, 07:23 PM   #104
globie

Hi everyone its ben a little wow I ben doing good still see my dr an still staying positive
globie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-18-2015, 09:03 PM   #105
globie

I got a question I ben going throw a lot of stuff the last past month an took more of my meds an I almost out this never happened to me I just stress what should I do call my dr
Unread 05-19-2015, 08:40 AM   #106
NancyB
Administrator

Hi globie, how much do you have left and when is your doctor's appointment? Are you going to a counselor?

Nancy
Important disclaimer: Any information in this post is not and does not constitute medical advice under any circumstances. Addiction Survivors, Inc. does not warranty or guarantee the accurateness, completeness, adequacy or currency of the information contained in or linked to the Site. Your use of information on the Site or materials linked to the Site is entirely at your own risk. NEVER take any online advice over that of a qualified healthcare provider. Any information contained on AddictionSurvivors.org should only serve to inspire further investigation with credible, verifiable references sources such as your physician or therapist.
Unread 05-19-2015, 11:12 AM   #107
globie

One a my appointment is next week I got hurt last month thats y I took more then normal didn't want to go back on pain meds
Unread 05-19-2015, 11:13 AM   #108
globie

What is the best thing I can do Nancy?
Unread 05-19-2015, 11:23 AM   #109
Sam Bailey

Hey Globie,

Nancy asks an important question, "how much do you have left and when is your doctor's appointment?"

Actually, there are a few additional questions, but maybe the most important question for the situation you're in now is this one: How much medication can you get by on without putting yourself into any withdrawal?

In other words, you're supposed to take a certain dose.....can you take LESS than that without feeling any serious discomfort?

IMO, that would be a better plan than calling your doctor and confessing that you've been exceeding his/her prescribed dose. Nothing will make a physician see an Addiction Red Flag than a patient dipping into his pill bottle.

So, how much mediation do you have right now? How much are your SUPPOSED to take each day? When is your next doctors appointment?

Start there, Globie...how about that?

And yes sir, it is really important for you to identify WHY you began taking more than you're supposed to.

Stress about life may be all OUR reasons for using/misusing medications, but it's really not a good enough reason. Why? Because, as you know, doing that will always, always! bite us in the butt, sooner or later.

Write back, Globie...okay?

best,

sam
Sam Bailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-19-2015, 12:55 PM   #110
globie

I got Hurt last month so I took a little more then normal I go next tues I be ok I not sick just going to make it last this is the first time it's because I got hurt but I back working so was just asking .
Unread 05-19-2015, 01:03 PM   #111
NancyB
Administrator

Hi globie, Sam's advise is great. Take as little as you can until next Tuesday. You might be able to skip a day in between - depending on how much you've been taking for the last week.

Nancy
Unread 05-20-2015, 02:01 PM   #112
Eliza12

Hi globie,

Hope you are doing OK. I think it is great that you didn't use any other opiate pain medicine when you got hurt. Glad you are back to work and hope that you can manage having less sub until Tuesday.

Best,
Elizabeth
Eliza12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-25-2015, 05:39 PM   #113
globie

Hey everyone I Ben alright but when I got hurt I started taking a little bit more of my meds an I did that to keep my mind off the pain an didn't want to go back to my old ways Iam just got to try to get back till my routing Like I was but I try had I no I can do it
Unread 07-27-2015, 07:53 AM   #114
NancyB
Administrator

Hi globie, are you out of medication? How long until you see your doctor?

Nancy
Unread 07-28-2015, 04:22 PM   #115
Nicole0909

Welcome stay strong and focused God bless you and hope everything works out for u
Nicole0909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-08-2015, 04:57 PM   #116
globie

Hello everyone I be doing alright but when I got hurt in April I started to take a little more of my subs because I was in pain trying to come back down I didn't want to get back on them devils pain meds they mess up a lot of good people I keep my side good a strong enough because I don't even think about them pain meds if I new what I no today I be a different people that's far sure. Keeping my head up because things are bad in the oilfield right now then my dads gotta have heart surgery so my anxiety Is up but I in good Spirit
Unread 08-09-2015, 06:54 AM   #117
NancyB
Administrator

Hi globie, are you still in pain and taking more meds than prescribed? I hope that work gets better for you soon.

Sorry to hear that your dad needs surgery. I hope that it's successful and he has a speedy recovery.

Keep checking in when you can.

Nancy
Unread 08-09-2015, 05:20 PM   #118
globie

Yes Nancy thing ant going to good on my end I got hurt in April I kinda went up a little more on my sub since then because I was in pain an I wasn't getting back on them pain pill I am going to be on here more because I need to talk about my problems more it make me fill relieved when I talk to people that is going through what I am going throw
Unread 08-10-2015, 07:30 AM   #119
NancyB
Administrator

Hi again, are you running out of suboxone every month because you're taking more than prescribed? One thing about buprenorphine for pain, it works better at lower doses - 2 to 4mg every 4 to 6 hours - than taking large doses. Maybe you can give that a try. What is the dose you're prescribed?

Nancy
One User Says Thank You to NancyB For This Useful Post:
Thank You (08-10-2015)
Unread 08-18-2015, 11:27 AM   #120
globie

One a day I just run a little low the last week I am trying to come down I went up when I got hurt in April trust me I am trying hard
Unread 08-19-2015, 07:11 AM   #121
NancyB
Administrator

Hi globie, how much are you prescribed? If it's more, then these tips might help:

• Tips for taking Suboxone.
-No caffeine or nicotine for at least 30 minutes before taking your Suboxone – both may constrict the blood vessels that the medication is absorbed through.
-Right before taking it, rinse your mouth out with as warm water as possible – this may dilate the blood vessels for better absorption.

Nancy
Unread 02-09-2016, 06:40 PM   #122
globie

Hey everyone I am doing find just be rough in the oilfield got laid off in August but still hanging in there still staying sober. Life got its up an down but u got to go with the flow time will be on my side but I am working a little job keeping me going out the house not staying home an going crazy
One User Says Thank You to globie For This Useful Post:
Thank You (02-09-2016)
Unread 02-15-2016, 06:43 PM   #123
globie

Hi everyone I am staying strong though this big time I making it an living my life normal Best think I can say is I Ben staying away from the bad influences An living my life right
Thank You (02-16-2016)
Unread 02-16-2016, 05:31 AM   #124
NancyB
Administrator

Hi globie, sorry to hear that you got laid off. But very proud of you for finding something new and making the best of it!

Thanks for checking in!

Nancy
Unread 02-23-2016, 04:57 PM   #125
globie

I'm doing good things are getting better far me I stay were the good people around me no negative people that's the best way to say
2 Users Say Thank You to globie For This Useful Post:
Thank You (02-23-2016), Thank You (02-23-2016)
Unread 02-24-2016, 01:07 AM   #126
MattC42286

Hi globie! Hope all is well! Sounds like you are doing all of the right things at your own pace and thats what needs to be done! Praying that you keep going down the right path! God bless!!! -Matt
MattC42286 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-28-2016, 09:02 PM   #127
globie

Thanks yea I am trying to stay positive An I am doing just that
Unread 03-01-2016, 11:26 AM   #128
globie

Quote:
Originally Posted by NancyB View Post
Hi globie, sorry to hear that you got laid off. But very proud of you for finding something new and making the best of it!

Thanks for checking in!

Nancy
Thanks Nancy I'm staying positive and in my Ben let go all the negative people in my life Iant no friends no more but I handful and I like it like that
Unread 03-09-2016, 08:03 PM   #129
globie

I am trying to stay positive an keep doing what's right it's ruff far me not making money I use to but grateful I job a little job to keep me going just stressing bad got to stay positive I no things will get better just gotta do what I got to far no
Unread 03-13-2016, 08:35 AM   #130
NancyB
Administrator

Hi globie, keep that positive attitude! That goes such a long way - as you've proven. Things will get better - especially with your strength and determination!

Nancy
Unread 03-13-2016, 06:03 PM   #131
globie

Hi everyone one I Ben ok just trying to get on a tapper down system an do it right anybody did it before an got back to life
Unread 03-16-2016, 07:20 AM   #132
NancyB
Administrator

Hi globie, this is a good thread to read. It has people's taper stories - good and bad - things can be learned from both.
http://addictionsurvivors.org/vbulle...ad.php?t=16678

The most success has come from people who take their time and listen to their bodies. If a reduction is too much, then they go back up and retry later.

Nancy
Unread 03-17-2016, 11:40 PM   #133
globie

Thanks Nancy I surly feel some relief an I starting myself to tapper down I needed to read the good things because I seen bad things about people coming of the subs an now I got the will power to see that I can do the same I thankful u share that positive Things an I Ben telling my dad I was scared I just told him I was scared he told me if u I put my mind to something a stick to it an do it right go with it but just go by my body an mind how I feel
Unread 03-18-2016, 07:20 AM   #134
NancyB
Administrator

Hi globie, glad it helped. There are a lot of good taper stories out there, and many more that don't get posted. What dose are you on now? Keeping busy definitely helps. Also exercise because that helps to get your natural endorphins going.

Do you want me to move this thread to the taper section so others might see it and chime in? Or you can start a new thread there? Let me know. Here's the taper section:
http://addictionsurvivors.org/vbulle...splay.php?f=80

Keep posting and we'll support you along the way!

Nancy
Unread 03-28-2016, 07:43 PM   #135
globie

Yes Nancy it was a helpful to me I on 1 a day I am going to start slowing down but I will do it the right way I no it will be something far me to post one day an people to look up to an I no its not easy but it's a mind thing the tread u posted about people doing it right the had made my day because I am going through a lot got layed of in August last year the oilfield is bad down hear but I am working but not making the money I use to but I am hanging in there just my anxiety is bad
Unread 03-29-2016, 06:43 AM   #136
NancyB
Administrator

Hi globie, keeping a positive attitude is important, and you've certainly done that! Are you sleeping ok or is your anxiety keeping you up at night?

Let us know how your taper goes!

Nancy
Unread 03-29-2016, 11:34 AM   #137
globie

Yes I barely can't sleep at times but it good a bad days
Unread 03-29-2016, 11:53 AM   #138
globie

Them post that people tapping down looks better then story u see on the wed the put evil stuff on the about the withdrawals like a month of being sick and some say 3 months thanks guys far the good post aleast I got people on here that's telling the truth
Thank You (03-29-2016)
Unread 04-23-2016, 11:55 PM   #139
globie

Hi everyone I be doing great far the most part got on of Xanax tapping down just be stress hope oil field picks up it hard out there got to make it the best way I can working but ant the same like in the oil industry
Unread 04-24-2016, 06:51 AM   #140
NancyB
Administrator

Hi globie, glad you found something to help your anxiety. Fingers crossed your taper is going well and the oil fields pick up soon!

Nancy
Unread 04-24-2016, 09:18 PM   #141
globie

I'm doing good just a little down can wait tell oilfield picks up but I trying to tapper down an doing it
Unread 04-25-2016, 09:25 PM   #142
globie

Life is hard right now stressing bad need a good job but I am still doing my part on staying positive if I new what I no now my life probably be better but life is life it takes us all down but we get up one day
Thank You (04-26-2016)
Unread 04-26-2016, 07:32 AM   #143
NancyB
Administrator

Hi globie, you're doing a great job pushing yourself to stay positive! Keep up that great work!

Nancy
Unread 05-15-2016, 11:43 PM   #144
globie

Hi everyone doing good got of xaxan thank good an still working on the subs but I am doing great just need a better job that my only problem hope it picks up because life sucks
Unread 05-16-2016, 08:18 AM   #145
NancyB
Administrator

Hi globie, that's great that you've stopped xanax! I hope it does pick up for you soon. Please keep us posted on how you're doing.

Thanks for checking in!

Nancy
Unread 05-17-2016, 02:11 AM   #146
Iamready61

Globie, what part of the country are you on? I have family in the oil field business... Maybe I could lend a brotha a hnd....hugs,shel
Iamready61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-17-2016, 08:15 AM   #147
NancyB
Administrator

Hi globie, Shel and all, just thought it was a good time to remind everyone that this is anonymous forum, so any information either of you exchange would have to be here in the thread; as the policy is not to post any personal identifying information such as email, etc. But if it's kind of generic information, that's ok, like companies to contact, etc. that would be ok.

http://www.addictionsurvivors.org/vb...ad.php?t=20262
Protect your anonymity. If you identify yourself it may influence what you share and prevent you from being honest and forthcoming on the forum, reducing the benefit you receive. This is an anonymous forum and you are not obligated to identify yourself in any way to anyone, including the admins. Please do not post your full name, email address, social media links, website links or any other personal identifying information.

That's so nice of you to offer Shel!

Nancy
2 Users Say Thank You to NancyB For This Useful Post:
Thank You (05-22-2016), Thank You (05-17-2016)
Unread 05-18-2016, 03:53 AM   #148
MattC42286

Hi Globie! Sorry about your situation. I agree with Nancy! Listen to her she is a really bog help for me!

Thanks, Matt
MattC42286 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-22-2016, 02:37 PM   #149
globie

Will days going pretty good I staying positive we all got up an down but I realize some people is worse then I am but I came a long way to get were I am at now .
Unread 05-22-2016, 02:39 PM   #150
globie

Nancy what that post was meant far didn't no what it means ??