Addiction Survivors

Notices

Unread 03-11-2015, 12:45 PM   #451
Saint

Lee, Tryn,

Thanks for your support and thoughts. I awoke to good news. My ex 's husband is moving out. Although I feel sad for the ex things didn't work out for her I am thankful he will no longer be involved in my daughter's life. What a relief.

Regards,
Saint
Saint is offline   Reply With Quote
One User Says Thank You to Saint For This Useful Post:
Thank You (03-11-2015)
Unread 03-11-2015, 12:57 PM   #452
Tryntryagain

HURRAH!!!

Shit times for your daughter and you. Thank goodness hes buggered off....nasty piece of work.

We get what we deserve my dear Saint. I will put all i am on 1 day you will get what you have tried for, worked towards and tried so emotionally hard for, it will come your way dear friend.

Keep believing in the man you are. Superb. The past is done and dusted. Today, as you make mine, is what is important.

Strength and hugs to you Saint.

Loveness to you Brother.
Tryntryagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-11-2015, 01:42 PM   #453
lostdog

That's a nice relief for you Saint, glad to hear and best wishes to your daughter. People have road rage for control, stress relief in a bad way. Also, any customer service or teacher position will get the brunt from an unhappy person- just remarking on Tryn's post and how that man is. It's scarey how control starts and gets so vicious.
lostdog is offline   Reply With Quote
One User Says Thank You to lostdog For This Useful Post:
Thank You (04-29-2015)
Unread 03-11-2015, 01:59 PM   #454
Millie

I don't know your whole situation, Saint, but as one who had a controlling and at times verbally abusive stepfather in my teen years, I am so very glad to hear that he is moving on. That is no way for a child to live.

I hope it provides relief all around.
Millie is offline   Reply With Quote
One User Says Thank You to Millie For This Useful Post:
Thank You (04-29-2015)
Unread 03-11-2015, 02:38 PM   #455
R. Lee

Saint, Good news.
R. Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
One User Says Thank You to R. Lee For This Useful Post:
Thank You (04-29-2015)
Unread 03-11-2015, 03:30 PM   #456
Saint

Yes good news!

He didn't show his true colors until a few months after their marriage. Yes he tried controlling any interaction between the ex and I and he became only more hostile the more I intervened on my daughter's behalf. He cannot be gone from my daughter's live too soon in my opinion. I hope he goes quietly.

Thanks again for your support. This was weighing heavy on my mind.

Saint
Thank You (04-29-2015)
Unread 03-11-2015, 06:26 PM   #457
gmasusie

Saint,

Your daughter and her mother are lucky to have you for support through this. I know you are up for it. What a relief to have that weight lifted for all of you!

Love, Susie
gmasusie is offline   Reply With Quote
One User Says Thank You to gmasusie For This Useful Post:
Thank You (04-29-2015)
Unread 03-11-2015, 06:31 PM   #458
DianeC

I'm happy, Saint, that things are looking up! You are such a great support for your family...
DianeC is offline   Reply With Quote
One User Says Thank You to DianeC For This Useful Post:
Thank You (04-29-2015)
Unread 04-03-2015, 03:17 PM   #459
Saint

Lee,
I saw your post to Millie about your running the Marine Corps Marathon. I just wanted to share with you that I will be running it this year. I will be running raising money for the "Wounded Warriors" as a charity runner. I am excited about the Marine Corp Marathon as I've always wanted but it never worked out. Now I get to run it and I'm honored to be able to raise funds for our wounded Veterans while doing so!!!
3 Users Say Thank You to Saint For This Useful Post:
Thank You (04-03-2015), Thank You (04-03-2015), Thank You (04-28-2015)
Unread 04-03-2015, 05:06 PM   #460
lostdog

You are So supportive!thanks!
One User Says Thank You to lostdog For This Useful Post:
Thank You (04-29-2015)
Unread 04-03-2015, 06:48 PM   #461
jenm

Awesome, Saint!

I will run with you, but only if I have the following:

1. Oxygen tank
2. Full-time paramedics and ambulance following
3. Defibrillator

Jenm
jenm is offline   Reply With Quote
2 Users Say Thank You to jenm For This Useful Post:
Thank You (04-03-2015), Thank You (04-29-2015)
Unread 04-03-2015, 07:43 PM   #462
Alexis

Good news regarding your daughters stepfather Saint.

Hope you are doing well x
Alexis is offline   Reply With Quote
One User Says Thank You to Alexis For This Useful Post:
Thank You (04-29-2015)
Unread 04-03-2015, 08:46 PM   #463
R. Lee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saint View Post
Lee,
I saw your post to Millie about your running the Marine Corps Marathon. I just wanted to share with you that I will be running it this year. I will be running raising money for the "Wounded Warriors" as a charity runner. I am excited about the Marine Corp Marathon as I've always wanted but it never worked out. Now I get to run it and I'm honored to be able to raise funds for our wounded Veterans while doing so!!!
Saint, A police officer friend & a Marine (we are never former Marines) ran it last year for the "Wounded Warriors" & I donated $50 for his effort. I will be thinking of you when Ray does it again this year. When I ran it there were 12,000 runners. It is much larger now. Thank you so much.
3 Users Say Thank You to R. Lee For This Useful Post:
Thank You (04-03-2015), Thank You (04-29-2015), Thank You (04-28-2015)
Unread 04-28-2015, 02:50 PM   #464
SecretTiger

Saint - a truly fitting name! - as I said in R.Lee's thread, I just want to tell you how much your support means to me. Thank you.

Also, I'm back into running again which is amazing - chasing monks up and down mountains! (In a good way, I promise!)
SecretTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
4 Users Say Thank You to SecretTiger For This Useful Post:
Thank You (04-29-2015), Thank You (04-28-2015), Thank You (05-01-2015), Thank You (04-28-2015)
Unread 04-28-2015, 05:15 PM   #465
Tryntryagain

Good evening dear Saint. Bright blessings to you.

Look......am i missing a trick? It simply astounds me that so many of my brothers and sisters in the big place run so very much. Those in the big place that do not, feel they should.

To be fair we had the London Marathon this Sunday and 38,000 did themselves proud. Just about every single one of them raising untold money for good causes, (that our Government should frankly have covered, but hay hoe), 38,000 individuals reasons, stories, and passion for their beliefs. Quite extraordinary.

The womens wheelchair....(26 miles for goodness sake) winner was from the USA. The mens wheelchair race was won be a smashing chap from the USA, ummmm.....hows about you all run your own Marathon......and leave us to win ours eh?

Only joking. I thought of Millie running the london marathon playing a violin......she would probably have won!

Thank you for alerting this to us in Dear Old Blighty, the internet being the force of good it can be, i shall be putting some good ole British pounds sterling and pence into the pot. Here we have something similar called "Help for Heroes", and we also have a magnificant charity called "Combat Stress", that enables service personal that struggle in integrating, for all manner of issues back into their lives and communitys.

I have had the fortunae to meet some of these men and women, although the misfortune to find them struggling where support where it to be provided, would not only afford them a safe passage back into the communitys, (dont forget whom may have changed considerably since they have been away) they have come from, but surely, surely, something they do not so much deserve....but an earnt right.

Here in Blighty the "Ghurkas" fought alongside us and infact were the ones that engaged in the most ferocious fights, upfront, on my behalf. It took them nearly 40 years to win the right for British Citizenship.

I abhor war and violence of any kind. We sometimes forget that those that fight on our behalf, abhor war and violence to.

"I will love my country as my Fabér, i will love my sisters and brothers as they are. I will shoot those who run towards me, and run after to hug, those that are running away. At these gates of hell we are both full of evil and fear. To not be, is certain death. I would love those running towards me if their eyes were not full of fire". Annoymous notes left strewn and collected through the 2nd world war trenches. It was written in Russian.

My dear brother Saint......now i know why you run.

Thank you. (I do however think Jenms post might be valid?)

Be lucky.

Be peaceful, be healthy, be hydrated and be amazing. Loveness to you Saint.
Unread 04-29-2015, 01:10 AM   #466
gmasusie

Good running to you! Be careful and be safe.
Thank You (04-29-2015)
Unread 04-29-2015, 03:34 PM   #467
Millie

Tryn, I realize your question was probably rhetorical, but I wanted to say anyway... I think some of us who run have spent a lot of time running from things, internally, externally, mentally, emotionally... it can be a way of finding something to run to, instead. As long as there's going to be running, it might as well be keeping us out of trouble.

(And Jenm, when I did my first marathon in November, there was an ambulance just sitting there at the side of the road just in case, at around mile 23. If I'd had the strength to climb in rather than robotically propelling myself forward, I would have taken the ride!)

Saint, when is/was your race?

Last edited by Millie; 04-29-2015 at 03:38 PM..
2 Users Say Thank You to Millie For This Useful Post:
Thank You (04-29-2015), Thank You (04-30-2015)
Unread 04-30-2015, 09:28 AM   #468
jenm

Hahahahaha Millie - awesome! I admire those of you who run. I really do. I joke about the ambulance/oxygen/defibrillator, but I also don't joke about it at the same time.

Millie and Saint, you are awesome! Love, Jenm
jenm is offline   Reply With Quote
2 Users Say Thank You to jenm For This Useful Post:
Thank You (05-02-2015), Thank You (04-30-2015)
Unread 04-30-2015, 10:17 AM   #469
gmasusie

My hat goes off to you...and my running shoes!

Gma Susie
Thank You (04-30-2015)
Unread 04-30-2015, 02:52 PM   #470
Tryntryagain

Good evening Millie. Bright blessings to you.

Yes, it never occurred to me, (as a fellow that has run away all my life), the concept of the finishing line empowers the struggle of getting there.

Be peaceful, be healthy and be strong. Loveness to you Millie
Unread 05-01-2015, 02:24 PM   #471
Saint

Millie,

I've run the Disney marathon the past three years. This past January I completed the "Goofy Challenge" where you run the half marathon on Saturday and the full on Sunday. I slowed down my paces for both the half and the full and much to my surprise I felt strong at the finish of the marathon. Pacing is key! It was a great experience. So much so I signed up for the 2016 Goofy Challenge! !

My next Marathon is Marine Corp Marathon in October. I've been sidelined by a pinched nerve in my back since 4/05. I haven't run since. Barely walking at the moment and out of work also. Very slow progress, visiting the doc, testing, MRI''s, physical therapy etc. The pain is constant and is wearing on me. There is progress so I am optimistic I will make the starting line. Maybe I'll see you there!

Tryn I abhor the atrocities of war but am thankful, grateful, appreciative of the sacrifices our soldiers and their families make to protect our way of life, our freedom... I hope one day we can all just be respectful of each other instead of killing each other under the guise of religion.

SecretTiger a Saint I am not, trust me on that : ). The name is simply a nickname derived from my surname. Thank you for the kind thought though. I am just as human as the rest of us and probably only half as "Saintly", Ha ha!!

Peace,
Saint
Unread 05-01-2015, 04:06 PM   #472
R. Lee

Saint, Sorry about your injury. I ran marathons until my knee had to be scoped. That took the fun out of running for me. I over did it. I trained on long runs on snowmobile trails & hills with this dumb bell carrying two 9 pound dumb bells. I do not like the idea of the Goofy Challenge as it seems too extreme.

This date 40 years ago today the Vietnam War ended. Fifty years ago in June I arrived in Vietnam with the 1st Btn. 9 Marines. In the 4 years 1/9 was there they had over 759 Marines Killed in action. A terrible waste. As mentioned no one hates war more than the person who has to fight it.
2 Users Say Thank You to R. Lee For This Useful Post:
Thank You (05-01-2015), Thank You (05-02-2015)
Unread 05-01-2015, 09:35 PM   #473
Saint

I'm sorry for the loss of your brother's Rlee. You all have a special place in my heart.

Thank you for your service RLee. May their souls rest in peace.

Saint
Thank You (05-02-2015)
Unread 05-01-2015, 10:41 PM   #474
R. Lee

You help me stay sober Saint. Yes we have special bond.

Since I can not sponsor you in the Marine Corps Marathon I will donate through another runner Ray Halla in your honor. He does not know me as R. Lee.
2 Users Say Thank You to R. Lee For This Useful Post:
Thank You (05-02-2015), Thank You (05-02-2015)
Unread 05-02-2015, 01:01 AM   #475
gmasusie

RLee,

My husband was in the AF during Viet Nam. He was an recip engine mechanic in Germany.

He was not stationed there, but he lost many friends. He wrote a poem: the last line of each stanza was "coulda been, woulda been, shoulda been me." He was humbled by the war.

My dad always said that old men make wars for young men to die in. It seems every generation we lose some of our best and brightest.

You must be about our age. Many of the same experiences.

Saint, we will be thinking of you and cheering you on. Be careful and know your limits. You do not need a debilitating injury.

Susie
3 Users Say Thank You to gmasusie For This Useful Post:
Thank You (05-02-2015), Thank You (05-02-2015), Thank You (05-02-2015)
Unread 05-02-2015, 10:37 AM   #476
R. Lee

Yes Susie I am 71.
Unread 05-02-2015, 11:09 AM   #477
Tryntryagain

Good afternoon Dear Saint. Bright blessings to you.

I want to recognise and celebrate the bond you have with R Lee. It is so very difficult for us in dear old Blighty to comprehend the truth of Vietnam. As a fellow that has know war on our shores, i mark days with the children as they grew, and when they asked me frankly what we were doing.....i didn't honestly know what to tell my little Blighters......i just had to say, "we are honouring and thanking those that make us, us". Of course that lends a little one to say.....what makes us?.

Then you have them. You can share stories that rival any fairytail, on my journey here i have been able to meet and learn from them. R Lee, isn't it the way it should be. Tell us, we will make sure our children know too.

I am so grateful for you both, Saint you speak of CarlyO, what she meant to you, you and R Lee are that to us all.

R Lee....."typo".......he's 21.

Be peaceful, be healthy and be strong. Loveness and healing to you Dear Saint.
Unread 05-02-2015, 11:09 PM   #478
Saint

RLee I am excited to participate in the MCM this year. I will be running it with the same group of people I run Disney with. We are all fundraising for Wounded Warriors. Thank you for your donation!

Susie my body and my brain have different thoughts regarding my limits.

Peace,
Saint
2 Users Say Thank You to Saint For This Useful Post:
Thank You (05-04-2015), Thank You (05-03-2015)
Unread 05-03-2015, 12:06 AM   #479
gmasusie

Don't we all!
Thank You (05-03-2015)
Unread 05-04-2015, 11:18 AM   #480
iamtrying

Wow! Saint...I always wonder how they run marathons...I have a very high regard for people who do that..they need to be disciplined, organized and endured to the core...and finally perform..Kudos to you and all who run or have run Marathons here...Wish you all the best Saint. Keep us posted...have a great day friend..
iamtrying is offline   Reply With Quote
One User Says Thank You to iamtrying For This Useful Post:
Thank You (05-04-2015)
Unread 05-04-2015, 11:59 AM   #481
Saint

Iamtrying,
Running a marathon is like sobriety. We make a plan, put the work in and get it done one step, one day at a time. Thanks for the kind words.

Saint
2 Users Say Thank You to Saint For This Useful Post:
Thank You (05-04-2015), Thank You (05-10-2015)
Unread 05-10-2015, 07:14 AM   #482
Tryntryagain

Good morning Dear Saint. Bright blessings to you.

I was reading on another thread you took your dog out for a 2 mile walk, (sorry to hear about the tics!....(yukky!!), but i just wanted to say i'm happy for you that you are getting back your physical fitness from injury, and hopefully before long you'll be running again.

Be peaceful, keep mending, be strong. Loveness to you Dear Saint
Unread 05-10-2015, 10:38 AM   #483
Saint

Thanks Tryn. It was a beautiful evening for a walk with the dog
Unread 05-10-2015, 11:04 AM   #484
Alexis

I miss my dogs, was good to see then last week though. Hope you are having a lovely day x
Alexis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-10-2015, 11:08 AM   #485
Saint

Thank you Alexis. Heading over to my Mom's later today to spend some time with her : )
Thank You (05-10-2015)
Unread 05-10-2015, 11:50 AM   #486
R. Lee

Saint, Enjoy your time with your mother. We are picking my 95 year old mother for brunch.
Thank You (05-10-2015)
Unread 05-10-2015, 02:17 PM   #487
gmasusie

Wow! The last time we took my mom, at 100 years old, to brunch for MDay, she wanted to go to a buffet, so we took her in a wheel chair. She piled her plate with bacon and nothing else! She was happy as a clam. She died the next September. I was glad she had those last happy moments.
Thank You (05-10-2015)
Unread 05-10-2015, 02:25 PM   #488
Catfish

Wishing you a wonderful visit with your Mother, Saint. It's not Mother's Day over here - it was back in March!

Susie, wow, 100! I'm so glad you have such wonderful memories you can share with us about your Mother. The bacon story made me smile! It's so important to focus on those lovely memories isn't it? Hugs to you. Xxxx
Catfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-12-2015, 06:58 PM   #489
Tryntryagain

Good evening Dear Saint. Bright blessings to you.

Goodness me you lot in the big place live a thankfully long time. Is it the running after horses or trying to open and shut your fridge doors that keeps you all fine and dandy?, i say...(oh very apt), ...hats off to you! I have to say, i wish i had that kind of, errmm, not sure how to put it, "family".

Just 2 quick points Dear Saint if i may, if you wouldn't mind, ....

It is"Mum", and "11's"....not "Mom" or indeed "brunch". Saying i am "having brunch with Mom", is really rather quite indignant. Having "tea and scones with Mum", now we understand each other.

Huge hugs and loveness to you Dear Saint.
One User Says Thank You to Tryntryagain For This Useful Post:
Thank You (05-12-2015)
Unread 05-31-2015, 06:52 AM   #490
Tryntryagain

Good morning dear Saint. Bright blessings to you.

I wanted to come by yours for a couple of things. (Tryns always after something!)

I was wondering how your healing has been going, and whether or not your are able to enjoy your running now in the way you did before? I apologise if this is now old hat, but i remember you saying.

The other thing is that to this day, i try as much as i can to keep up with my brothers and sisters here and in doing so i read a lot of your guidance to others, as well as what you give to me. I find reading others journeys, and the feedback every bit as inspiring as it were my own journey.

If one accepts "life" is the experience, then the love and wisdom of others become the treasured songs of every bird, on every tree.

Thank you dear Saint.

Be peaceful, be healthy and be strong. Loveness to you Saint
One User Says Thank You to Tryntryagain For This Useful Post:
Thank You (06-01-2015)
Unread 06-01-2015, 02:51 PM   #491
Millie

I second Tryn's thanks, Saint. Thank you for being here and for all of the support you give.
Thank You (06-02-2015)
Unread 06-02-2015, 01:16 PM   #492
Saint

Tryn,

Kind of you to inquire. Unfortunately for me I have not been able to resume running. Healing has been slow but steady. I had an epidural shot last week which resolved most of the pain and has allowed me to sleep in my bed in lieu of the floor, lol. I have lost strength in the leg but the physical therapist anticipates a full recovery, it will just take time.... So what have I been doing with all my free time? Well catching up on chores around the house!

Millie, Tryn, Thank you.

Saint
Thank You (06-03-2015)
Unread 06-02-2015, 01:29 PM   #493
lostdog

I hope you feel better soon Saint and get running again.
Unread 06-02-2015, 01:36 PM   #494
Saint

Thank you lost dog. I've come a long way already from where I was. I will do what I can to ensure a full recovery. I think I'll get there.

Saint
Unread 06-02-2015, 04:45 PM   #495
Millie

You're being very smart by letting time and recovery happen. Lots of healing thoughts coming your way.
Thank You (06-02-2015)
Unread 06-02-2015, 08:51 PM   #496
R. Lee

Take time & heal Saint. The running can wait.
Thank You (06-02-2015)
Unread 06-02-2015, 10:52 PM   #497
gmasusie

They had planned to give Monty the epidural shot for his hip. It turned out that it was not a pinced nerve, but a tumor on L3and L4. You probably know the rest: hip replacement surgery, chemo, radiation...... I wish they could give him an epidural. I'm so glad you will recover and run again.

My love and best wishes, Susie
Thank You (06-03-2015)
Unread 06-03-2015, 10:55 AM   #498
iamtrying

Hi Saint...take rest and hope you will feel better soon...keep active...slow and steady...speedy recovery and back to running...
iamtrying is offline   Reply With Quote
One User Says Thank You to iamtrying For This Useful Post:
Thank You (06-03-2015)
Unread 06-11-2015, 10:33 AM   #499
gmasusie

I hope everything is good with you.
Unread 06-11-2015, 11:40 AM   #500
Saint

Susie,
You are thoughtful to inquire when you have so much going on in your life. Thank you. I have been busy but well. Working on rehabilitating my leg, trying to get some strength back. Every day my leg is a week bit better than the day before. So..... one day at a time.

I hope you and Monty are doing as well as can be expected. Thinking of you!

Peace,
Saint
Thank You (06-11-2015)