Addiction Survivors

Notices

Unread 03-03-2010, 07:17 PM   #201
Frankie

Hi Lee and Carly,

VERY glad that both of you answered back so fast! I really needed to hear from you. Now, even I am wondering if it wasn't a miracle of some sort that you somehow knew to check in on me Carly. I almost can't see it any other way. I feel that something is going on here, and i'm really not the type (at all!) to buy into this stuff.

The fact that I checked this thread last night, and there was nothing, and then I don't know why I even checked, as I more than almost didn't check this morning. If nothing else, it's a miracle I even checked! I still can't believe this happened!

What are the odds? What told you to check on me Carly? How would you have known? How would I have known to check the thread knowing that nothing would be there, but knowing that I need to check anyway? It seems that either there is something going on out there that i'm not aware of, or i've entered the twilight zone. Thanks Carly!

Thanks for the advice about putting too much on my plate worrying about tomorrow Lee. For some reason that is getting into my brain, maybe for the first time. I've never (except when I was a kid) been able to live one day at a time. Alwas looking forward, or in the past, but NEVER now. I really needed to hear it! I will be thinking a lot about that.

I still don't trust myself, but just maybe if i'm lucky, after what happened today, things might change. Can't believe this stuff happened today! Thanks!

Frank
Frankie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-04-2010, 06:33 PM   #202
R. Lee

Frank stay in today & don't drink before you think it through & you have a good chance to stay sober today.
R. Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-04-2010, 09:27 PM   #203
Frankie

Quote:
Originally Posted by R. Lee View Post
Frank stay in today & don't drink before you think it through & you have a good chance to stay sober today.
Hi Lee,

I will try to stay into today, but that isn't exactly my strong suit to say the least! I will think it through before I drink though. I started taking L Glutimine three times per day today. It's supposed to help with cravings for alcohol and sweets. Who knows. Thanks for checking Lee.

Frank
Unread 03-05-2010, 08:31 AM   #204
Saint

Hi Frank,

How are you doing today?

I read your response where you mentioned you kept beer in the house. I did the same. I figured if I was going to drink it didn't matter where it was - I'd find it. Of course it makes it a lot easier to just grab a drink when it is easily accessible. And you don't have the benefit of extra time to think things through. I've still got the remains of a 30 pack sitting in the garage since the end of July!! I've been thinking of lining them up in the woods for some target practice when it gets a little warmer.

Stay Strong Frank,
Saint
Saint is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-05-2010, 09:44 AM   #205
R. Lee

Frank just work on staying in today. You don't have to be perfect with this concept. Just be willing.
Craving sweets is a normal thing for recovering alcoholics. I never ate deserts when drinking. Now I eat them and candy too. Doing this lessons the craving that we got from the sugar in alcohol.
Saint just a suggestion get rid of the 30 pack today.
Unread 03-05-2010, 03:41 PM   #206
Frankie

Hi Lee and Saint,

As far as staying in the now; boy, that's a real tough one for me Lee. I'm trying, but not hard enough.

My mind keeps doing what ever the hell it feels like doing. It's like my mind just flips me the bird. Just for today almost seems impossible.

We all know what I need to do, and you all are being so nice in not yelling at me to get to a meeting. I keep telling myself that i'll go when I feel better, or i'll go after I have 30 days in, or, etc., etc., etc.

Can't eat the candy Lee. The endo doc. gave me another month to straighten out my diet (mostly stopping the beer in my mind) as in no potatoes, sweets, bread, most all carbs etc., or I have to go on meds.

What did I do to celebrate leaviny the doc's.? Got some beer, and had spaghetti for dinner. After all, I had two months to make the changes, so "i'll quit tomorrow". Live now, pay later.

I hope I remain willing. If I don't, i'm screwed. Thanks for all the help!
Btw, I thought about eating a bunch of fast food before I go to the market. Going to the markek is a little hard for me as i'm used to getting beer there. I will go to del taco first. When i'm full, I have no desire to drink at all. Fact, I might go down today. Snow is comming tomorrow.

Thanks for all the help and above all, the patience you have!

Frank
Unread 03-05-2010, 06:11 PM   #207
Saint

Frank,

If it was easy to stay sober there would be no addicts. It's not something you can just shut off when your done with it, like a car. When you refer to yourself with words such as pathetic, stupid, self centered or your dog has more intelligence than you; you are putting yourself down, destroying your self confidence and self esteem. Would you sit by and not get angry if someone was rude and condescending towards you? If someone called you an ignorant bastard how would you react? Would you not be upset? So why do you feel the need to put yourself down?

There are addicts in every profession Frank, it is not simply a matter of intelligence quotient that makes it so.

Believe in yourself Frank - I do.

Regards
Unread 03-05-2010, 06:12 PM   #208
R. Lee

Don't stop trying Frank.
Unread 03-06-2010, 11:41 AM   #209
Frankie

Hi to all who have tried to help me,

I'm thinking that I won't be posting anymore until I get some help, either through meetings, counseling, or what ever. I don't think I can stay sober (I know I can't) just from this forum alone.

I don't like my thoughts now. I played with some band members that I just met yesterday, and they want me to join to play, to help write songs, and play in public places like clubs etc.

I'm going to go for it, but know I can't stay sober without getting help, and not just taking the easy way out just looking at this forum, and expecting to stay sober.

Thanks to all, and I will return when I'm ready to do what ever it takes to stay sober.

Frank
Unread 03-06-2010, 12:32 PM   #210
Saint

Frank,

For me stopping drinking was a process, it took time Frank. I've learned I need to pay attention to my thoughts every day. You are correct Frank it is those times when you are feeling good about life, good about yourself that the urge or thought to drink can creep in. The urge to drink can also seemingly come out of nowhere.

I think I understand now when Lee mentions "you keep me sober". For me this site keeps me sober. It reminds me I have to pay attention to my thoughts every day. It's also made me evaluate myself and how I live my life. I strive to be a better person today than I was yesterday. Progress not perfection as they say.

I'm glad you found an outlet for yourself with your music. I worry that the night club environment may not be best suited for someone struggling with alcohol but I wish you the best Frank. Do what you need to do, what you think is best for yourself. I wish you the best, keep us posted.

Stay Safe, Stay Strong.

Saint
Unread 03-06-2010, 09:53 PM   #211
R. Lee

Frank, Good luck. I hope the best for you. I hope I'm here if you chose to return. Who know what tomorrow hold for me.

I'm heading back to MI tomorrow. I'm stopping in Atlanta to visit a Marine buddy, then on to Nashville for a week to visit another son & his family. I have been in Daytona since Jan. 15th. Enjoyed speed week at the speeday. I bought a new Indian motorcycle & will be towing that back in a 12 ft.utility trailer. I stayed for bike week just to watch the bike race last night at the speedway. Bike week itself is very scary with all the drunks. I don't know how they make it where they are going with so much crazy traffic.

My alcoholic son has his good & bad days. Tonight he choses to bring out some major character defects. He will be remorseful later on or in the morning. I'm so glad that I don't have to live like that today. I will pray on it tonight & let it go.
Unread 03-07-2010, 02:27 PM   #212
Frankie

Hi Lee and saint

Said I wouldn't post, but you just had to post that you got a new indian didn't you Lee? What model did you get? Do they have about the same power and torque as a big twin harley? How many cubes? I envy the crap out of you! You're old lady won't kill you?

You are on quite a vacation! Sorry to hear about your son though. Life is hard enough without having to go through that crap, but hay, you got a new indian! Have fun Lee.

As usual, you are spot on with the advice Saint. I will post as soon as I start going to meetings. Thats the only way I will be able to stay sober.

Frank
Unread 03-07-2010, 03:13 PM   #213
Saint

Frank,

Despite the sorrow and grief I still feel over the marriage ending I'm glad I'm not drinking. Do whatever it takes Frank.

Regards

P.S. I finished Duck, Blood, Soup recently. It's about a physician's life and his addiction to opiates. Sad story, but a reminder addiction addiction can claim all, regardless of status, income, or intelligence.
Unread 03-07-2010, 10:51 PM   #214
CarlyO

Hi Frank,
I just got back into town- weekend with the in-laws ; ) I am so sad that you won't be posting but I understand, but it really won't be the same around here without you! I get it - You have to do what you feel is right - but still.... SIGH ....
You mentioned that you will be doing music I hope that will make you happy and not be too much of a trigger.

I am not saying goodbye, as I hope you may change your mind. Or at least pop by to check in - yes? As always, take care, stay safe, - Carly : )
Important disclaimer: Any information in this post is not and does not constitute medical advice under any circumstances. Addiction Survivors, Inc. does not warranty or guarantee the accurateness, completeness, adequacy or currency of the information contained in or linked to the Site. Your use of information on the Site or materials linked to the Site is entirely at your own risk. NEVER take any online advice over that of a qualified healthcare provider. Any information contained on AddictionSurvivors.org should only serve to inspire further investigation with credible, verifiable references sources such as your physician or therapist.
CarlyO is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-08-2010, 12:35 PM   #215
Frankie

Hi Carly,

You're so sweet! My words were: "I'm thinking about not posting until I seek help". That leaves a loophole for me to post. Ha! Actually I wasn't going to post, but Lee posted that he got a new indian, and I couldn't help myself. I plead insanity. Now it looks like I was just looking for attention, but that was not the case.

All the false starts & stops are killing me. Not literally. It seemed a bit stupid to be posting when not listening to all of you gently telling me to "SEEK HELP FOOL!" You can only help someone so much, and then it's up to them. Either they get it at some point, and seek help, or they don't.

I knew that I would still be floating around here, I just figured that it would be best not to post if I wasn't following advice.

Bty Saint, if you are reading this, I want to thank you for all the help, and let you know that I know that professional, intelligent folks are drunks too.

When I went to aa in the past, I sort of hung with a millionaire lawyer, a news paper excutive, and a stock broker, as our paths crossed not only because of aa, but they (mostly the lawyer) were involved in construction projects etc.

Even when I was drinking, I would still run into them, and we would wind up going to lunch. A lot of the time they were trying to get me back to aa, and were trying to help me when the business part was over.

Thanks Carly, you're a jewel,

Frank
Unread 03-08-2010, 04:08 PM   #216
CarlyO

Oh Happy Day Frank !! And congrats Lee on the indian- woo hoo !!

I get your logic - I really do. When I tell my story people cannot believe it. I went to 11 treatment centers ELEVEN before I could commit to anything and even then it was under duress.
Every single time I entered those doors, I wanted it - wanted what other people seemed to get so easily, but sure enough - when I left, was alone, I went back to my old ways. I went to IOP, meetings, my intentions were there but.... I just could not get "it ". I even went to meetings under the influence- they did not really care as long as I was there. Then I got into trouble and was scared enough, terrified, had one chance left- I took it.
The point is that you may never know when that moment of clarity or earnest desire will strike ! That saying don't quit right before before the miracle.

Also, I truly believe that the people who read but are not ready to post get so much out of your honesty, your sharing, everything you are going through. So - I gotta say I am happy to see a post from you.

Anyway, glad you are here, as well as Saint and Lee and the new members !
Take care, Carly : )
Important disclaimer: Any information in this post is not and does not constitute medical advice under any circumstances. Addiction Survivors, Inc. does not warranty or guarantee the accurateness, completeness, adequacy or currency of the information contained in or linked to the Site. Your use of information on the Site or materials linked to the Site is entirely at your own risk. NEVER take any online advice over that of a qualified healthcare provider. Any information contained on AddictionSurvivors.org should only serve to inspire further investigation with credible, verifiable references sources such as your physician or therapist.
Unread 03-08-2010, 09:16 PM   #217
Saint

Frank,

Now that you have more time on your hands because your not posting (sorry I couldn't help myself) you should read the Carrie Fischer novel "Wishful Drinking" if you haven't already. I've only read a couple of chapters but I find her very funny. She at times has a very subtle sarcastic wit and other times she is just plain funny .......and I haven't even gotten to the drinking part (She's an alcoholic).

Peace
Unread 03-09-2010, 08:57 PM   #218
R. Lee

Frank, Welcome back. I got a Indian Vintage. 105 C.I. 1,720 CC's yellow & white.
Now to the important things our staying sober. It appears to me you want it Frank but haven't been willing to go all the way. Some people never are able to get sober. I hope you are not one of them. hanging around here still give me hope for you Frank. It took me 42 years buddy until I gave in & let it happen just for today.
Unread 03-10-2010, 12:44 PM   #219
Frankie

Hi Saint and Lee,

Saint; i'm guessing that Fischer is in recovery? I will be looking for her book. The extra time on my hands was so very funny. Ha!

My thinking was that it seems futile to be posting when i'm doing nothing to help myself, as in going to meetings etc.

Lee; i'm afraid you might be right about never getting sober, because of not being willing to do whatever it takes. Those words are burning in my ears. I hope not, but I wonder... I listen to, and sometimes hang on every word you say Lee.

Too bad you can't post pics of the indian. Still got your other bike? Is the indian much slower? My old fxrs low rider was in the high 12's. I did a few things to it. Thanks,

Frank
Unread 03-10-2010, 01:03 PM   #220
Saint

Frank,

Hi - My reasoning is if you stick around you are still actively engaged with staying sober at some level. If you leave and just forget about getting sober time has a way of flying by. Days turn into weeks, weeks into months etc.
Sure you may get frustrated sticking aroung but maybe at some point you will reach your threshold and go to the next level to get sober, whatever that next level is.

Personally I hope you stick around Frank.

Regards
Unread 03-10-2010, 07:38 PM   #221
Frankie

Hi Saint,

Thanks for the kind words. I'm not going anywhere, but I just won't be posting things like; "I will never drink again", or "this is it", "or i'll stop after the super bowl", etc. Thanks Saint!

Frank
Unread 03-10-2010, 08:46 PM   #222
R. Lee

Frankie, You can get sober. You just have to want it more than anything else.
I traded in the other bike. I try to ride safe so I don't know which one is faster.
Unread 03-14-2010, 07:30 PM   #223
CarlyO

Hi Frank,

How are you - how was your weekend? I hope all is well. Like Lee said- it took him a while but he eventually got it and YOU can too !!!

Unread 03-15-2010, 03:08 PM   #224
Frankie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlyO View Post
Hi Frank,

How are you - how was your weekend? I hope all is well. Like Lee said- it took him a while but he eventually got it and YOU can too !!!

Hi Carly and Lee,

I was hoping you would check on me sat., cause then I could say I haven't drank, knowing that I was going to sat. night. Ha! You're too smart Carly. I can't get anything past you.

I'm doing ok except for the drinking part. You know, that little part of the equation?

Hope you guys are doing ok. I lost a high school friend also Lee. He had diabetes, and wouldn't stop drinking. He was only 53, and a genius. Had everything going for him. Other than killing everybody, drinking is great ain't it? Thanks for checking,

Frank
Unread 03-16-2010, 10:05 PM   #225
R. Lee

Frank don't stop trying. I got back to MI today after being gone for over 2 months. My visit with my other son in Nashville went very well. It is good to be home.
Unread 03-17-2010, 02:19 PM   #226
CarlyO

Dear Frank,
I am so sorry to hear the news of your friend. 53 is so young !
I hope you are recovering, I know you usually feel crappy after the alcohol. How about posting before you take the next drink next time? Just a thought.

Again, my condolences on your loss. Take care, Carly
Unread 03-17-2010, 06:47 PM   #227
Frankie

Quote:
Dear Frank,
I am so sorry to hear the news of your friend. 53 is so young !
I hope you are recovering, I know you usually feel crappy after the alcohol. How about posting before you take the next drink next time? Just a thought.

Again, my condolences on your loss. Take care, Carly
Thanks Carly,

My buddy had diebetes, and he kept drinking anyway. In the last week he stopped taking all of his meds., didn't drink, but wanted to check out. His son fornd him dead on the couch.

As far as posting before I drink, I can do that, and it would be this sat. Now I let the cat out of the bag.

Where's Lee? Hope things are ok. Thanks Carly,

Frank
Unread 03-17-2010, 08:29 PM   #228
R. Lee

Frank I'm 2 post up.
Unread 03-20-2010, 09:17 PM   #229
CarlyO

Hi Frank- Just checking on you - I think with the time difference it may be around 6pm there.

Please think about the hangover, think it all through.
Unread 03-24-2010, 01:11 PM   #230
Frankie

Quote:
Hi Frank- Just checking on you - I think with the time difference it may be around 6pm there.

Please think about the hangover, think it all through.
Hi Carly,

I drank sat., but this time I had a speedy heart beat from the first beer, and bad after the last one. I won't say I will never drink again, but I won't be drinking this weekend for sure.

I've looked on the net about this problem, and it looks like beer has kicked my bu%%, and then some. Thanks Carly,

Frank
Unread 03-25-2010, 03:02 PM   #231
CarlyO

Hi Frank,

Glad you are ok and checked in. Have you seen your doctor about the racing heart beat ? It may be best to err on the side of caution.

Stay safe, hang in there - Carly : )
Unread 03-25-2010, 04:46 PM   #232
Frankie

Quote:
Hi Frank,

Glad you are ok and checked in. Have you seen your doctor about the racing heart beat ? It may be best to err on the side of caution.

Stay safe, hang in there - Carly : )
Hi Carly,

Yes I have seen the va, and they just do a ultrasound etc., and if nothings up, they won't let you see a cardiologist. They give me propranolol. Last sat. it didn't work. Might be best if I don't drink, even once per wk. Great idea huh? My brain tells me I can drink once or twice per month. Nice brain. Thanks Carly,

Frank
Unread 03-25-2010, 08:01 PM   #233
R. Lee

Frank, The VA also offers counseling & alcohol rehab. You have to ask for it.
Unread 03-28-2010, 03:07 PM   #234
Frankie

Quote:
Frank, The VA also offers counseling & alcohol rehab. You have to ask for it.
Hi Lee,

I tried counseling at the va twice in the past, and they were pieces of c$$p. Long story, but I was rear ended 5 yrs. ago, and my clinc wouldn't see me, braking the're own rules. Long story short, the va is on the defensive, as the reck stopped me from ever working again. I couldn't get a lawyer because I wasn't seen by a doc. for 5 mo. They are experts at making a good person look very bad on the're records (lies) in case it ever goes to court.

I didn' drink this week. Thats about all I know.

Frank
Unread 03-28-2010, 04:06 PM   #235
R. Lee

Good work on not drinking Frank. Every VA center is different in how they treat veterans. So far they have been good to me, plus I have private insurance. I use the VA for counsiling and health problems from Agent Orange.
Keep doing what you are doing right now to stop drinking. You have some serious health problems from the effects of drinking & your body is telling you so. Your drinking could kill you.
Unread 03-28-2010, 07:08 PM   #236
CarlyO

Hi Frank - Congrats for this week !! Woo HOO !!
I do not want to pepper you with questions, but what do you think was different that you made it through the week weekend without a drink? Was there a craving and if so what did you do differently ?

I am a bit worried though about your health issues and hope you can access care asap.

You mentioned the VA and experiences before- this is disappointing, imo and from my previous work, when you are not getting what you believe you need/deserve from an agency- esp. health, mental health care, keep trying, calling, writing even if you have to contact all of the managers and directors of the agency.

It is a shame that our veterans, (even policemen/women, first responders) are not treated in a consistent manner, all VAs should run in an effective, compassionate way, I hope that will change soon.

Keep us posted and take care of yourself - Carly : )
Unread 03-30-2010, 09:52 PM   #237
Frankie

Quote:
Hi Frank - Congrats for this week !! Woo HOO !!
I do not want to pepper you with questions, but what do you think was different that you made it through the week weekend without a drink? Was there a craving and if so what did you do differently ?

I am a bit worried though about your health issues and hope you can access care asap.

You mentioned the VA and experiences before- this is disappointing, imo and from my previous work, when you are not getting what you believe you need/deserve from an agency- esp. health, mental health care, keep trying, calling, writing even if you have to contact all of the managers and directors of the agency.

It is a shame that our veterans, (even policemen/women, first responders) are not treated in a consistent manner, all VAs should run in an effective, compassionate way, I hope that will change soon.

Keep us posted and take care of yourself - Carly : )
Hi Carly,

Been there-done that. They are not fuzzy bunnies. They do what they want to do including lying. They even have a patient advocate which I discovered was in reality the va advocate. Not real honest folks.

It's been easy for me not drinking after sat. before last little episode. Infact, i've lost weight eating clean, and working out.

All I know is i'm not drinking now. Thanks for checking Carly! How are you doing sweetie? I hope good. Actually I hope great!

Frank
Unread 03-31-2010, 09:40 AM   #238
CarlyO

Hi Frank,

I am glad you are feeling better and hopefully still no urges to drink. I think Lee said he has had an ok experience with the VA, so I hate to paint all VAs with a broad stroke. I have worked in many different agencies and have seen the good and the bad. That is why I always encourage anyone to not give up because every worker is accountable to a higher up. And there are workers /professionals who are true advocates and will go that extra mile, anything that is within their power to help a client, this is where persistence pays off.
Some of it is also due bureaucracy which is frustrating for everyone.

Me? I have allergies Spring has arrived with lots of Pollen ! - spent yesterday at the park and at the river with my son and his BF, they had a blast. A street performer asked my son to participate in his unicycle /juggling show and he really hammed it up for the crowd! I think I am gonna take some allergy meds and stay inside today.

Keep us posted and enjoy your week - take care, Carly : )
Unread 04-02-2010, 05:07 PM   #239
Frankie

Quote:
Hi Frank,

I am glad you are feeling better and hopefully still no urges to drink. I think Lee said he has had an ok experience with the VA, so I hate to paint all VAs with a broad stroke. I have worked in many different agencies and have seen the good and the bad. That is why I always encourage anyone to not give up because every worker is accountable to a higher up. And there are workers /professionals who are true advocates and will go that extra mile, anything that is within their power to help a client, this is where persistence pays off.
Some of it is also due bureaucracy which is frustrating for everyone.

Me? I have allergies Spring has arrived with lots of Pollen ! - spent yesterday at the park and at the river with my son and his BF, they had a blast. A street performer asked my son to participate in his unicycle /juggling show and he really hammed it up for the crowd! I think I am gonna take some allergy meds and stay inside today.

Keep us posted and enjoy your week - take care, Carly : )
Hi Carly,

Sorry to hear about the bad allergies. Are you allergic to trees along with other things? I also have allergies, but not that bad. I would think seeing that you live in a more humid climate, the allergies would be less than living in lets say so. ca., where the air is drier, and crap in the air is blowing like crazy.

Sounds like you might be a doctor. If so, could you treat me for hypothyroidism, bad back, high triglycerides, and insanity? Ha!

I don't think I will be drinking this weelend. It's easy not to drink when your running scared. It's later on that I worry about. I'm hoping the health-working out thing will take the place of beer. Now my obsession is hanging out on a body building forum. Thanks for checking on me Carly!

Frank
Unread 04-02-2010, 05:39 PM   #240
CarlyO

Hi Frank- well the weekend is upon us - stay strong, post , do what you need to do to NOt pick up. Hey maybe those endorphins are kicking in !

Me a doctor - LOL surely you jest, I am just like everybody else, just have a degree in the helping profession.

Oh the pollen- we have green cars, green windows, it is everywhere, but usually I have one bout of it and then am ok. Today we got a taste of the staggering heat like 85 degrees, I hope we will be moved up North by the time July/Aug rolls in with heat index of 110 and 100% humidity.

Anyway, I do hope you have a good weekend and glad you are feeling better physically. Keep us posted !

Unread 04-02-2010, 10:01 PM   #241
R. Lee

Frank, Don't think about later. Stay into today. It is so much easier to take it 1 day at a time.
Unread 04-03-2010, 06:42 PM   #242
Frankie

Quote:
Hi Frank- well the weekend is upon us - stay strong, post , do what you need to do to NOt pick up. Hey maybe those endorphins are kicking in !

Me a doctor - LOL surely you jest, I am just like everybody else, just have a degree in the helping profession.

Oh the pollen- we have green cars, green windows, it is everywhere, but usually I have one bout of it and then am ok. Today we got a taste of the staggering heat like 85 degrees, I hope we will be moved up North by the time July/Aug rolls in with heat index of 110 and 100% humidity.

Anyway, I do hope you have a good weekend and glad you are feeling better physically. Keep us posted !

Hi Carly,

Thanks for checking. I'm sort of OTR today. Don't know why. Went to the store, flipped out, bought a bunch of eggs and sausage (this is frank, the guy thats on a diet?) and made a big nasty cheese omelet, and had a eating frenzy. Didn't get any beer though. Sure could go for a huge chocolate bar! It's easter after all! Can't have it.

How can you live when I'ts 110 with 100% humidity? No wonder you want to move! My joint hasn't sold either. People are looking to steal something.

Have a good weekend Carly,

Frank
Unread 04-03-2010, 06:49 PM   #243
Frankie

Quote:
Frank, Don't think about later. Stay into today. It is so much easier to take it 1 day at a time.
Hi Lee,

I need to keep hearing: Stay into today. It is so much easier to take it 1 day at a time.[/QUOTE] It's real hard for me to stop my regular thinking, and live in the now. Maybe it will sink in if I hear it enough. Thanks Lee,

Frank
Unread 04-03-2010, 09:53 PM   #244
R. Lee

Frankie, Just keep trying. What ever you are doing you are not drinking. People that quit drinking will crave sweets. There is a lot of sugar in alcohol.
Unread 04-04-2010, 09:56 PM   #245
CarlyO

Hi Frank,

The omelet does not sound too bad : ) at least it wasn't a Beer omelet!! I am so proud of you. Dark Chocolate is good for you - so I have heard and adhere to. And Lee is right - some people tend to crave sweets, I know I sure I did in the early months. Keep us posted ! Take care, Carly
Unread 04-05-2010, 05:38 PM   #246
Frankie

Thanks for checking Carly and Lee,

Still not drinking, but like I said, It's easy when you know you can't. It's nothing I'm doing, It's just the way it is. Sure would like to OD on some chocolate. I'm talking hershey's giant dark bar that you get from wallmart, and keep eating until your heart stops. That kind. Except I can't. I'll live, I think?

Frank
Unread 04-05-2010, 08:22 PM   #247
Saint

Frank,

So I've been looking at houses and found out today one I'm interested in is owned by a lawyer. Any thoughts on how to negotiate with one????

Still not drinking, that's great. Turn it into a habit!

Regards
Unread 04-05-2010, 09:27 PM   #248
R. Lee

Saint, Good luck on the house.

Frank, There is nothing better than dark chocolate. Well almost nothing better.
Unread 04-06-2010, 11:43 PM   #249
Frankie

Hi Saint and Lee,

I'm not sure there is anything better than chocolate. I haven't gotten any lately. Chocolate that is.

If the lawyer's speciality is real estate, watch out. Ha!

Had my first pang today. I got over it, but it wasn't a real bad one. Thanks guys,

Frank
Unread 04-07-2010, 03:46 PM   #250
R. Lee

Frank, Take 1 pang at a time & think throught it.