Addiction Survivors

Notices

Unread 06-23-2009, 06:06 AM   #1
OhioMike

Smile The Good Morning Recovery Thread!

Good Tuesday Morning AS Gang!

The coffee is ready, so help yourself!

Man, the days could not be more beautiful here in Central Ohio!

The humidity has dropped, the mornings and evenings are cool, the day time temp is hitting just over 80 and the sun is bright!

So to get your day started what are you up to today which will make your recovery fun and rewarding?

For myself, besides sitting out here enjoying the morning songs by the birds, I get to help my new graduate finalize a lease on her new apartment and plan her move.

Of course this means deciding how much money she needs to get started with and that is my recovery therapy today!

As I sit down with her to figure out how my wife and I can help, I get to relish the thought that 41 months ago if she needed some extra cash, I would have first had to make sure my vicodin supply could handle it.

What a change this is. Last evening as we met with the property owner I was able to plan with her, without worrying over my addiction fund. What a incredibly wonderful feeling and I owe a great deal of thanks to all those who use this site, as it has played such a large role in my recovery!

So don't be shy! Pour a cup of coffee and start your day realizing and sharing that recovery is a beautiful and rewarding deal and start your day by making plans to enjoy it!

Hey, have a GREAT Day!

Mike
Thank You (10-21-2011), Thank You (02-27-2010), Thank You (01-31-2011), Thank You (03-22-2013), Thank You (06-28-2010), Thank You (12-07-2009), Thank You (06-22-2010), Thank You (01-19-2011), Thank You (03-19-2010), Thank You (05-12-2010)
Unread 06-23-2009, 09:31 AM   #2
gotitang

Goodmorning guys!
I just got up! Yup...the usual way! The dogs shake there heads and rattle the tags on there collars so I know it's time to let them out! They are so cute! Then the little shit cocker runs after the cat that is heading down the hall with us and I say the same thing every morning......Echo, leave Tang alone! And we all travel out the door! They look like that movie homeward bound! The slider door opens and freedom! They all disburse! lol
That starts my morning every morning! Then I grab a coffee cup.....fill it with water and take my AD's and subs and come over to the computor and start my day with recovery! I been doing the same thing since Sept. o7 it has been a great ride!

The rest of the day is alittle different! Although the weather is also beautiful here in sunny California I am NOT having as much fun! My business is again slowing down and I am praying daily for times to find some kind of balance! Seems so hard with so many bills sitting waiting to be paid. People calling daily and my employee deflecting all the calls! We are doing the best we can! When we get busy i pay alittle to everyone! Then all the sudden everything stops again! OH a few cars trickle in but only enough to scrape through payroll and nothing for anything else! Crap I am 2 payments behind on my car right now! I have NEVER been late! Every week I set aside the money and a call will come from the water dept. or something saying you have 24hrs to pay or we are cutting you off! So there goes the money again! I am trying so hard to be patient! I call the bank and let them know as soon as I can there money will be there! Thank God they are being patient and saying just keep us informed! But....this is getting so sad!
So off I go again today to work and hope that my prayers from last night bring in some work today that I can get paid for by friday so I make payroll, pay sales tax and make the car payment. If you have any pull with the big guy upstairs Omike ask him to push some (not asking for alot ) work my way okay! wink Oh and it needs to arrive with a check from the insurance company in the customers hand! I'm not asking for much AM I ? wink
Besides that I am going to be grateful! Grateful that for over a year and a half this economy has been beating the heck out of my business and I am still here! Six people still have jobs and I have NOT lost my home, my car, my health insurance and the property that my business sits on! A year and a half ago I said I would be homless and jobless by now! Fears of that sometimes woke me in the middle of the night! But prayer, you guys and my friends here face to face gave me a one day at a time plan and I did okay! I have ALOT to be gratedful for! Thank you all!
Oh ps......I am getting off early today to pressure wash my gazbo for a huge BBQ at my home for my fellowship next month on the 25th! Tell me that isn't the greatest thing in the world! Last year about 80 people showed up! We grilled all day and some went swimming and others just talked and ate till late that evening! What a great time recovery has been!
Thats Omike for a great way to start the day!
gotitang is offline   Reply With Quote
One User Says Thank You to gotitang For This Useful Post:
Thank You (06-24-2009)
Unread 06-23-2009, 01:29 PM   #3
OhioMike

Hey Tang glad you joined in on the morning coffee!

Hang in there on the business, I can assure you, it is slow all the way to Ohio and beyond. Pinching pennies sure isn't as much fun as pitching them, is it?

I will certainly add you to my prayer list............ & hey, get a deck of cards and draw high card to see who gets paid this week, trust me, it's a fun way to get through such a sour chore!

Sooooooooooo Tang, your recovery deal today is getting ready for the big BBQ! Good for you, that sounds like a blast. What a special way to celebrate the rewards of recovery!

I have found that no matter what else is going on, each day offers us some wonderful things to enjoy, be thankful for and to put to good use for our personal recovery.

So getting up and looking forward to those things for me is a good way to begin my day.

Tang thanks for starting your day here and I hope, I pray that it is a GREAT day for you!

If you get here before I do in the morning, please start the coffee, I will be in shortly!

Cya then!

Mike
Unread 06-23-2009, 02:23 PM   #4
flier1

Sorry I missed the morning rush. but how about a afternoon drink, your choice. I had to work today, not use to it being off since April and just come in every now and then but today it was just to hot to get out, and get in a hot car ,and come into a hot building ,but I cranked up the air in here so it is getting better.

Hope everyone has a great day. I just found out a couple of days ago that my Aunt is moving into her own apartment she is 56 yrs old but she is moving out of my Grandparents home she has lived there all of her life and she took care of my grandparents and never did much of anything else, so I am proud that she is moving ahead but I will miss the memories of that home.
It is so high in the mountains that the road is almost impossible to take a car up so if you visit you have to walk to the home and carry your luggage, I remember until I was about 6 or 7 they lived in a shack, I kid you not it looked like a little house on the prairie home it had 2 bedrooms, kitchen and living area, and the outhouse was still in use. My grandparents had 18 children and they lived in this home till I was 6 then all of my Uncles got together and built them a new home and the best part the the wrap around porch that was my favorite when I visited I would go out and just sit and look out at the mountains they were all around.
Anyway she moved today but my Uncles isn't doing anything with the home until her garden is done, where she is moving is in a high rise apartment and she can walk to the old home, but my Uncle said that the state of KY is interested in all of the homes on the mountain to build a Highway, man what a waste of a beautiful scenery for a HW, I mean they already put a tunnel through the mountain which I must say I really didn't mind that one to much because from where we were in KY to TN it was this round and round and round the mountain and I get car sick so badly where as now you just drive through this tunnel you enter from KY and you exit through TN. Oh well sorry to go on but I hate it when it seems that a special part of your childhood isn't going to be there when you go visit again.
flier1 is offline   Reply With Quote
2 Users Say Thank You to flier1 For This Useful Post:
Thank You (06-23-2009), Thank You (06-24-2009)
Unread 06-24-2009, 07:30 AM   #5
OhioMike

Smile

Good Wednesday Morning AS Family!

Wow, another perfect day is on tap here in central Ohio. It may hit 90 or so today.

Well, come on in, the coffee just finished brewing so please help yourself!

Hey Helen, welcome and yes come in anytime and have a refreshment.

Well today started off a little rocky. My MIL phoned and she fell in her garage and was up all night. Yes, yes, the witch fell off her broom! hehe ......... Anyway, instead of phoning us last night so we could get her to the hospital, she stays up all night in pain, so she doesn't bother anyone! Yes, too much extra drama so early in the morning! So she is being carted to the ER as I type this to see if she broke anything. God bless her wicked little heart.

So with the ole bat out of commission at least for today, it changes my plans some. I was going to have someone start painting the daughters new apartment this morning the colors she wishes, but now, that person is at the business helping out. No big deal, it will work out. I just hope the old witch is injured too bad.

This after noon I get to meet with a young man who has been struggling with this disease for sometime. He has again got 7 months or so under his belt, so hopefully he is set this time. So that is what I will be doing for my own recovery today to make it a little special. The face to face, one on one interaction helps me and it keeps me motivated.

Helen, neat story, thank you. My mother's parents was a mining family from the Ohio river area, so I understand. Cherish those memories!

I hope each of you have a GREAT day today and please, do something special for yourself today!

Mike
Unread 06-24-2009, 07:56 AM   #6
toboat777

Good Wednesday morning to you Mike !!!

Sorry to here about your MIL i hope she can still sweep after her fall

It is still dark here in N. Cal, i can tell it will be a 100 dgrs here today as the house is very warm from yesterday.
Thanks for the coffee cream and sugar please ah what would i do without those Colombian beans well the ice chest is full of waters and Gatorade as we will be setting up our last concrete pour on this project the owner was up yesterday to drop off the final touch a Buffalo weather vane to go atop of his new building.
What great clients they have been taken such good care of me as i do the same for them and this will not be the end we will be back this winter to remodel the house and after that he has plans to build a brand new home in beautiful Nevada City about an hour from us here.
This home will be designed to fit the handicapped person in mind as this man had an accident at the infineon raceway 10 years ago on his BMW
factory racing bike he lay ed it over at 85 miles per hour into a stack of rubber tires he left his career at the track as a five time champion in his class.

Well everyone the sun is coming up soon so i must get ready to go have a great day Thanks for the coffee Mike !!!

Tony
toboat777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-24-2009, 08:22 AM   #7
OhioMike

Hey Tony, good morning!

TY for my MIL.

Sounds like the building is moving right along. Good for you my friend.

Tony, have a GREAT day, be good to yourself and enjoy recovery today!

Your doing wonderful Tony!

Mike
Unread 06-24-2009, 09:18 AM   #8
Sam Bailey

Morning Folks,

Apologies for being a little late this morning. Mrs. Sam is officially on summer vacation, now that the LA School System is on break. So, we slept in, just a little.

Oh, speaking of the LA Public School System? Grrrrrrr! Ha!

Incidentally, I see that someone has been drinking all the darn coffee. Hey OMike! How about brewing another pot!? A little stronger this time, if'n you don't mind.

Nice thread, OM. And good-morning-greetings to all my friends 'n neighbors. Life is, really-and-for-real, comfortable (and comforting) here, on this side of Recovery Town.

Me? I'm off to the doctor this morning, first thing. Couple of issues, specific, I reckon, to the aging (but still oh-so-virile ) aging male/person?

Doc needs to take a look at this, well---it's too disgusting to describe. Some kinda infected(?) cyst/growth in the middle of my back. Double yuck!

Also...going in for my surgical "pre-op" examination, in preparation for my double-knee surgery on July 1st. Yep, both knees. Cleaning out and repairing, I hope, a bunch of damage in each knee. It's only a couple/three hour out-patient procedure.

Uh, pain pills, you ask? Well, that's one thing I'll be discussing with the doctor(s). If he prescribes them to me, and he probably will, it'll be the first time I've had any opiates in my possession (much less in ol Sam's body!) in years!

Scary? No, it's not. Not exactly. Not yet, anyway. Fact is, I've told every person close to me about my addiction history. I mean, my family already knows (oh Lord, do they!). I'm referring more specifically to the docs. Yet, maybe more important, I've shared more than once about my upcoming surgery during my AA Breakfast Meeting, a daily beginning-your-day dealeo in the San Fernando Valley.

Building fences, as some people say.

Safety precautions.

Here's the way I look at it. If I take the meds "as prescribed," and for just a couple/few days...with everybody watching, with everybody knowing what in hades I'm up to, I will not reawaken my g.d. dope-demon.

Am I at all concerned? Damn right I am. Not afraid, but reasonably concerned...and most certainly I'm fully aware of what could happen. It's necessary, no, vital, no---it's more, these days, a requirement for me to be super-vigilant and watchful...and cautious.

Truth is, this demon can, if we're not watching, sneak up behind us, like the rabid stray cat beast it is...and bite us in the butt!

Cat beast? WTF?

Due respect to all the way-cool-cats in our 'hood.

Anyway.

Good Morning Fellow Road-to-Recovery Warriors!

sam b
Sam Bailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-24-2009, 09:42 AM   #9
OhioMike

Smile

Hey Good Morning Sam!

The back up pot of coffee is on and it is strong! I will get better at this as time goes on and plan well for our left coast family members!

Sam, I'm sure sorry to hear about the health problems. Both knees at once, sounds like Mrs. Bailey is going to have her hands full. After the rehab therapy and healing though, your going to feel like a spring chicken, hmmm or a young cock in the barnyard!

Sam, this is a test, you know that, right? You have built good fences, both here online and at home, you have lived the deal and survived, you walked the walk, so now in the post-op healing your going to get the opportunity to really use the rewards of recovery. Honestly, good for you! It will be so rewarding and inspirational each day when you take your pain medication like a normal person! lol - Normal

Sam, have a GREAT day and I hope the issue on your back heals quickly.

Mike
Unread 06-24-2009, 11:31 AM   #10
So.Cal.

Hey there,

A good morning thread! I like that and i hope it sticks. Thats how i start each morning with my internet friends and coffee!! Lots of it!! Way too much,,but so what,,compared to other things ive ingested a little too much coffee means nothing!
So how is everyone? I know i dont post that much anymoreand probably alot of newbies dont even know who i am, well i been around a few years and if it werent for the sub forums i visit i dont think id have any friends. I take these forums very seriously and the people are very real to me so whever i come around and speak it aint just a bunch of meaningless stuff . As a matter of fact most everything i say is very important,,,well,,it is to me anyway.
I have alot of things goin on right now,,im not gonna write about all over again,,(but its in jimash's thread if your interested),,I will say this much,,i realpsed big time,,and again im very lucky i didnt die. I did spend 4days AND NIGHTS IN THE DRUNK TANK WITH NOTHIN BUT SHORTS ON freezin MY A$$ OFF! And yea,,im very ashamed,,,53yrs old and in freakin jail!! It just shows,,how addiction can creep up on ya and throw you a whammy before you know whats goin on!.
Im gonna be ok,,and just have to pay a fine and im so thankful for that. I mean,,ive spent many yrs behind bars but ya know what? I just dont have it in me anymore.
Ok,,can we just kinda let that subject sorta die and go away? Yea,,i know,,you guys gotta kick my a$$ and all that for bein so dumb but im tryin to make up for it right now!
Check this out,,im tryin to get in paitient,,,not for the sub but for the xanax. I want off them so bad,,anyway one phone number lead to another and i think i may have found one willing to work with me . I told him ive been on sub 5yrs and i cant just be cut off,,and if m sick im not gonna get anything out of a drug program. Well,,he said how about if we startterd you out on 4mgs? Hell yea!! I said you can even go lower thanthat if you want,,,,its just that whan i get down to the 2mg that i will start to have some problems. But maybe by the time that comes i will be off the xanax!
He had to talk to his boss and was suppossed to call back yesterday,,,but didnt,,,so i willl call him again today. Its just therees so much going on right now. Ive been seperated from my wife for 2yrs and were gettinmg back together and at the same time buying a home with the unsurance money from the tornado! And guess what,, thr treatment facility is right down the street from the homw we might buy, i dont know how you guys feel but i know GODS HAND HAS BEEN IN MY LIFE BIG TIME! I just need to pay attention.
One thing that worries me is if i call and they have a bed openthen its alll about lets move it , get your a$$ in gear cause were doing this TODAY! And thats ok,,i just talked to my wife and she'll be back in town later today. I think were gonna hold onto my apt. just for a little while in case things dont work out for us ,,,but i know its gonna be fine,,,ive really been lonely these last few yrs,,i stayed married,,never strayed ,,never even thought about it.i remember once,(i dont remember who said it cause i was so wasted),,but they said there will always be a tommy and frieda and you will never break up! Ive never forgotten that.And she feels the same way,,shes not loking for anyone else. She just wants the old me back,,,,And if things work out with the rehab she will get her wish,,,,I will pack up my tooth brush and hit the road if they'll take me today, ,So anyway,,thats my cup of coffee story so pray for ,me that they accept me into rehab today!
TT
So.Cal. is offline   Reply With Quote
One User Says Thank You to So.Cal. For This Useful Post:
Thank You (10-21-2011)
Unread 06-24-2009, 04:20 PM   #11
OhioMike

Hey Tommy, I hope you get into the program you wish, that would be a wonderful thing for your recovery today. Best of luck on it.

Mike
Unread 06-24-2009, 05:56 PM   #12
toboat777

Hey There TT & OMike

TT good luck I hope it happens soon for you as you sound so ready good for you............... toboat

Thanks Mike just wanted to give Tom my best love this thread to great idea thanks for your support to Mike ............Tony
Unread 06-24-2009, 08:21 PM   #13
Sam Bailey

Hey OMike,

Yes, it IS a test...this upcoming double-knee operation and the (probable) script of pain pills I'll get post-op.

I should say, the pain pills that Mrs. Sam is gonna get. Cause that is, as you note, OM, one of the fences I have built. Am I saying I couldn't handle my own pills, especially now that I've been off them so long? Yep, that's what I'm saying, alright. Ha!

Look, maybe I could handle them. But why test it? Why take the chance? I don't gain a darned thing by holding them myself. There's no self-pride involved, not any longer. I mean, I KNOW I'm healing...and I admit that I have a renewed confidence in my entire life. Yep, I actually do feel, sorta anyway, like a "normal" guy, capable, these days, of taking my pills normally.

But still, it doesn't hurt a dang thing to let Mrs. Sam hand 'em out to me. Hey, I'll take a sandwich with that Percodan, babe!

FYI and Btw...it appears that my little "on-my-back-tumor-dealeo" is not a freakin tumor at all. Not even close. It's a friggin cyst...all inflamed (etc) but nothing serious...most likely. Still gotta see what the lab says though.

Thanks for the good wishes, OM.

best,

sam
Unread 06-24-2009, 08:47 PM   #14
toboat777

Hi Sam

No Shame i would do the same especially myself as i am only 4 months old
this is one of the joys of having a love one as we look out for one another.

Wish you the best on your knee knockers LOL !

Good Luck Sam........... Tony
Unread 06-24-2009, 09:30 PM   #15
Sam Bailey

Hey Tony,

"Knee knockers"... Ha!

Yeah, I'm lucky to have Mrs. Sam with me.

You know, it will forever amaze 'n astonish me (with more-than-a-little disgust thrown in) at the kind of heartache and pain I put that woman through. It was such a disappointing time in our lives, with me leading the disappoint'ers pack.

Yet, we survived! Freakin miracle. Double Ha!

Tony? Sounds as though you have someone to look out for your bad-self, too. Ain't it great? Ain't it a real-life blessing?

Thanks for the good wishes, Mr. T.

best,

sam
Unread 06-24-2009, 10:27 PM   #16
toboat777

Hello again Sam, "Your Welcome"

I have not ever spoke with you but i have read many a post from you.
Yes i have a wonderful Wife who does so much for me more then she should i feel and yes i also put her through hell for some years but now all has gotten so much better for us since my new lease on life with recovery

Sam no fun intended at your knees it is a serious surgery I'm sure forgive me for that poke at you.
Allow me to start over and just say good luck Sam.
I always look forward to reading your comments you are a get to the point
intelligent person no doubt.

And as I you are from Ca. nice to have a few of us on this site.

Good Night.

Tony
Unread 06-25-2009, 03:50 AM   #17
So.Cal.

Hey,

Goodmornin folks,,,i dont know if my timey thing is accurate but its 2;40a,m.,,,yea,,a little TOO early for getting up but didnt really didnt think id be able to fall asleep again. Too many big idaeas goinm on in my too small of a head!!
Did get some good news yesterday though,,,well,,it could be good news,,it wasnt bad news anyway.
The person i neeeded to talk with wasnt htere and niether was the doctor but the person i talked to was aware of my sit and said the guy Claror mark and the doctor are discussing helping me!
Its hard to jump up and down with joy at 2;30am,,plus i know this (going in-paitient) i not going to be an easy thing once inside. But hey,,ive never heard anyone say goin in-paitient ever did them any harm.
TT
Unread 06-25-2009, 08:18 AM   #18
OhioMike

Smile

Good Thursday Morning AS gang!

The coffe is on, with back up for our West Coast members, so come on in and help your self.

Well today here in Central Ohio it's going to be hit and miss on the weather. Some are going to get really wet and others are not! lol

Well we are on the down side of the work week, as hump day is over and with my MIL out of commission I'm going to have to do some of that, WORK! LOL

Well today for my recovery I am going to go to a meeting. Not sure which one, but, I have the urge to hit one! Yesterday was one of those challenging days and I simply went to bed early! lol

Hey I hope that each of you have a GREAT day in recovery! Treat yourself good today!

Remember, we get to choose now!

Mike

Last edited by OhioMike; 06-25-2009 at 08:22 AM..
OhioMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-25-2009, 11:56 AM   #19
gotitang

Morning Everyone! I don't even drink coffee but......I'm going to grab a cup and talk alittle! MMMMMMMM good coffee

Well it was 100 here in sunny Sacramento yesterday and its going to be another hot one today! Thank God for air conditioning! I took off from work early yesterday because my feet are swelling up so bad my toes look like little pigs in a blanket! I'm not sure why I am so swollen other than ALL this weight I have gained since I quit smoking! June 31st will be 90 days! YEAHHHHHH I am so glad to be a non-smoker BUT in these last 90 days I have gained a good 20 lbs! My poor body has never carried this kind of wieght! So I am puffed up all over! But mostly in my feet! I really have no ankles! My friend said OH look ang......we call those cankles.....can't see your ankles! lol..........I'm gonna stay off my feet as much as I can today and see if it gets better! Thinking about going to the Dr. cause I'm having alittle pain in my back too. Could be kidneys! Gosh if it isn't one thing it is another! I'll keep ya posted!
Unread 06-25-2009, 12:59 PM   #20
OhioMike

Good day Tang!

Looks like you and I were the only two able to drag themselves out of bed today. Everyone else is still snoozing!

Hey, I have "cankles" too, welcome to the cankle club, cute name! lol

Lay down and get those feet above your head. Hmmm ........... that didn't sound polite! Lay down and elevate those feet. How's that?!

That extra weight is a drag, but, it's a darn sight better than a drag off a cigarette, so congratulations! You can get the weight off, just give it time.

It's in the 90's here with really high humidity, so I feel your appreciation of the AC. I just got back in from running a food delivery for the business and then buying a fresh brick of cigars, now I get to rest before going back into work from 3 - 6. Was supposed to be from 2 - 6, but my wife wasn't going to give me a lunch break, so I phoned her and told her I couldn't make there until 3. hehehe

So I am going to hit the 7pm meeting at the club tonight. I really need some face to face recovery work this week. It's been a tough one!

Hey, call the doctor and find out about that back pain.

OK now, cankles up in the air!

cya........ Mike
Unread 06-25-2009, 06:27 PM   #21
toboat777

Hi Mike & Tang & TT

I was up and gone that is why i couldn't have a cup this morning i was looking for you no one at the coffee shop just the donut maker LOL !!!@

We had a 6:00 pour so we left at five all done with cement ya whooo
and yes Tang just up the street from you concrete and 100 degrees don't mix it is warm now we got by for a while didn't we !

OK i hope to see you in the morning Friday Morning Yeaaaa !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

By By Tony
Unread 06-25-2009, 07:35 PM   #22
OhioMike

Smile

LOL ............... Tony, hey Tony .............. if you get here before us, please feel free to start the coffee and we will wander in soon after!

Hope you had a good day my friend.

Mike
Unread 06-26-2009, 06:08 AM   #23
OhioMike

Smile

Hey AS Family ........... Good TGIF Morning!

Hot Dog, the Weekend is almost here!

Well gang, whew, Big Storms blew through last night. I just opened the backdoor so I can hear the birds sing and holy cow, the rear estate is all rearranged. It was blow'in so bad last night that the King Elvis was upstairs in our bed under the covers. That poor boy had to pee pee so bad he was walk'in bow legged.

When we finally got a slow down in the rain I tried to take him out under the trees so he could wee wee, but oh no, that winds a swirl'in and the lighting cracking, had the best of him. Well I finally got the King out there and he had that leg up fer nearly 5 minutes.

That fancy guy on the TV with all them picture maps says that all this is blow'in out and the sun is coming.

And how about that, ole MJ, the other King, the King of Pop fell over dead. Being a former pain pill person, I have to wonder. And that's all I'll say about that. And that beautiful angel Farrah finally succumbed to cancer. What a day for tinsel town.

Folks it's a good day to be living in recovery. I don't know what I am going to do for my recovery yet today, but, I know it will be done with gratitude! I never made the meeting last night, but, I did get over to the club yesterday and got some face to face recovery work in at the coffee counter and boy did I need it.

Hey, celebrate recovery, be thankful and treat yourself good today!

Mike

Oh, oh and YES, the coffee is ready, so git sum!
Unread 06-26-2009, 07:15 AM   #24
toboat777

Good Morning coffee lovers!

Just left Ebay and you guys are already pouring the black stuff well lets
see were do i start pop stars movie stars ?

Mike You are already ahead of me on the movie and music world so i will let that be nice to here you got some recovery time in at the club what a nice way to start your weekend.
So you are seeing some rough weather out your way sounds breezy & blustery.

I want to shoot you some more pictures of the track i will get to work on that it looks like we will be spending most of our weekend inside as it will be hitting an all out high 106 dg, Sat, and 107 on Sun so i believe its time to get out my hobby tools and get started on something 0ne of 6 boats need to be finished or repaired were to start as it is all fun to do.

I have our youngest cat CoCo who is starting his day by me holding him on my shoulder as he can fall fast asleep so it can be kinda hard to post
his bread is of one of very affection and neediness so once he is satisfied he goes back to sleep on his favorite spot under the reading light next to me here and i can now get back to posting my friends here.

So does any one have any exiting plans this weekend ?

Tony
Unread 06-26-2009, 08:18 AM   #25
Sam Bailey

Good Morning Folks,

It's a little after 5 on a still dark, but already warm SoCal morning. I have a pot brewing now, but Mike? I want a cup of your java, too. One for my right hand, one for my left. Yep, a two fisted coffee drinker.

Sheesh, I reckon I got to be addicted to something. Hmmm, that was supposed to be funny...though ain't nothin' much funny about addiction---as we all know.

But still, gimme that Pacific Northwest Extra Bold! Uh, now!

Yeah, ol MJ DID have a serious problem with pain meds...and I just read that his private physician gave him a shot of Demerol just before he (MJ) collapsed.

As we all know, drug addiction never, ever ends well...unless we end IT first. Thank God, that's what we're all doing/done/etc.

OK, my pot's done...

sam
Unread 06-26-2009, 08:35 AM   #26
OhioMike

Hey, hey ........... Tug boat Tony is in the house!

Good Morning Tony!

Yes sir Mother Nature blasted us pretty good last night. When the King won't go pee pee, you can bet things are rough outside! Sounds like you guys have it rough there as well with the heat. You take care working out in that.

Sounds as though Coco knows how to enjoy the morning!

Tomorrow, well the boy has to report for Boot Camp, so we will be heading out early for our 2.5 hour drive and then I have to get back for the race track. We also are painting our daughters new place and have to get her moved this weekend.

Above all though, I'm thankful I can now do these things, Living in recovery lets me do them. Before non of this would have taken place and my daughter would have been left to paint herself and her friends would have to move her!

My deal is Tony, I try to never let myself forget about the years of active addiction and the things I missed out on. So even just doing the things which make life normal, is a part of my recovery. I now realize how easily those simple things can be stripped away from us.

Have a GREAT day everyone and do something to make your recovery special.

Mike

Hey Morning Sam!

Yes, yes I have a pot of extra dark bold ready for you, so please, help yourself and enjoy.

Yep, we are reminded once again in the news the dangers of this disease. Even if it didn't play a direct role in MJ's passing, it played a role in his life.

Another reason for us, we fine folks in recovery to enjoy today!

So enjoy the day, do something special for yourselves and for your own recovery!

Mike
Unread 06-27-2009, 06:06 AM   #27
OhioMike

Smile

Good Saturday Morning AS Family!

Well the morning sun is just coming up and it's setting the stage for a beautiful day here in Ohio.

The coffee is hot and we even set some donuts out, so help yourself.

Well today is a BIG, BIG day here. The boy at the tender age of 12 years is heading off to the great lake for boot camp!

The big talking, man acting little shit is now getting butterflies in his gut. LOL
ahuh, the though of being away from mom and dad and under military control is getting to him.

I remember my first summer trip to summer camp when I was 9 years old. I had the same feelings, but, after I got there and relaxed, man I wanted to stay all summer.

This won't exactly be the type of summer camps I went to, as his is all business, but, it too will be fun. He will be at the largest indoor and outdoor shooting ranges in the nation and after he rips off a few rounds, he too will want to stay all summer!

So it's almost 3 hours up there, an hour to get him squared away with his unit and nearly 3 hours back home. Then it's off to the race track for the night.

LOL .............. yeah boy, 42 months ago when I was living in active addiction I would maybe wake up long enough to say goodbye to him, let alone drive him up there and then come home and go to work.

So for my recovery today I will have the nearly three hours ride back home to reflect on all of the blessings over the past 40 some months and I can enjoy the satisfaction of knowing that I'm a dad again! Simply the most rewarding thing there is.

My daughter has her new apartment secured and we have a guy in there painting for her. So the first of the week I can move her in and best of all tomorrow, no kids, no grand kids and no phones, just myself and the wife, here all alone!

I hope everyone has a GREAT Saturday. Get up, get going and enjoy your recovery today. Do something special for yourself today and do something for your recovery!

Mike
Unread 06-27-2009, 08:12 AM   #28
toboat777

Good Morning Sir

May I get A Apple Fritter or no ill take that Maple bar on the right thank you i always am hungry on Sat, morning.
Yes cream & sugar so you say your boy is heading to sea cadet boot camp.
Well that will be a great experience for him Ahh camp i remember my camp experience we got thrown into a bus (not under) and on our way up to Gold Lake Y Camp we were headed way up the feather river canyon into the beautiful Sierras it was a pristine place lots of little cabins and a dock with canoes just like something out of a movie.

Well it is a pondering morning what to do of course i still have a few hours before i can start making noise as my wife is asleep but it is going to be hot so i will get outside and get thing done early. I guess i better get my Nascar thread updated and let everyone know were the boys are at this weekend so thanks for the coffee Mike have a good trip up to those huge lakes north of Ohio hope your boy has a awesome time I'm sure he will never forget !

Tony
Unread 06-27-2009, 08:51 AM   #29
So.Cal.

Hey,Goodmornin,,,this is a post from yesterdat that i thought id copy and paste here cause im feelin too lazy to write it all again. I have alot goin on in my life right nowand it just seems wierd that in the middle of all of it i find that im happy living in a place that i thought i didnt want to live. This is a place where a lot a firsts happened for me. Like riding a bull! I could never explain how good it felt to enter a rodeo and with my chaps and cowboy hat transform into someone else for a day! It was like the twilight zone or something! The thing that really got to me was before it began we all held our cowboy hats over our heart while they played the star spangled banner or something like that. I wasnt a dope fiend that day and it really felt great! Anyway here is what i posted yesterday. Hey folks,,hope all is well with you. As for me,,Im begining to think it can only get better. I hope thats true anyway cause i dont want it getting worse.
I got an e-mail from my therapist saying she would undrsatnd if i didnt come in to see her after my "little set back",,and for me not to let it bring me down cause these things will happen!
Im wonderin how in the hell did she even know about my little set back,,then today,,it turns out 'EVERYONE " KNOWS!! I forgot just how small of a town i live in,,,well,,they have a small newspaper and local radio station and whenever anyone is arrested they print their name and charges! Plus you get a spot on the radio! Aint that ****in nice!! Ive already been tried and convicted!!
Oh well,,,whats done is done and im not beatin myself up anymore about it. I will be next week though when i usually get my refill for xanax! You can bet the good doc heard about my"little set back" too! And i can forget about help from him in weaning me off,,he dont play that way.
You know whats wierd,,is as much as i bitch about this place ,,im afraid to move from here,,,and so is frieda. We just went and looked at a place,,and it had the two things i said i wanted from the begining,,it has grey brick,,and a swing in the yard to grow old together!!People are still living there but the realter is gonna set a date to go look at the inside. I got a feeling about this,,i think it may be the one. We will lose the $500.00 frieda put to hold onto the place up north i guess. But the realter made some good points when we were talkin about the move and for the kids and stuff and she said we should be thinking more about what we want,,cause a few more yrs the kids are gonna be off to college or wherever and whatever ,,who knows?,,,i dont want to grow old somewhere so far away from where weve called home for so long. And the thing about small towns like this is you never really feel alone and if you find you need help there are so many people willing to . People are raised that way in these kinda towns whereas in a city people are more than likely to look the other way if the see someone needing help. I dont know,,,i didnt ralize it but i guess im not the big city boy i used to be.
TT
well shit!! Just got a call and the house im talkin about was just sold!
Unread 06-27-2009, 10:29 AM   #30
Sam Bailey

Hey Folks,

Good Morning...America!

OK, how about just a good mornin' AddictionSurvivors! Yeah, sure--- America may still be sleeping.

Oh, Tony... An apple fritter sounds great! Forget the calories...and the sugar...and the fat...and all the other "bad" stuff, gimme TWO fritters.

Btw, I (still) laugh at my-dumb-self every time I even think about the "bad stuff" in food. (Oh my gosh...calories! ) Like many of us, I used to put so, so much insanely bad stuff into my system...and not even think about it, so long as it was opiate-related. Pills, cough syrup...junk, of course.

Talk about a poor, unhealthy diet! Ha!

Yeah, OMike...I hear you. Probably we all do. Back during my Active Addiction, from the minute I woke up, there'd be NOTHING on my mind except dope. Taking it, finding it (again), getting it (again) and (again 'n again 'n again) taking it.

What a crazy---and heartbreaking---merry-go-round I was on!

Oh sure, I still loved my family; but I never really put them first, though I always claimed that I did. But I did not. Dope was always the first, most important thing on my "to do" list.

Makes me sad to even think about that aspect of my life. However, makes me happy to know (finally, thank God!) that I'm done with that part of my life.

Oh, but I'm NOT done with my healing. Not to get all preachy here, but, even today, I gotta still work my program...got to still stay vigilant...got to recognize that, for me, it is now, and will remain, a one day at a time dealeo for...well, forever.

That's okay, too. It gives me the chance to "regain" my joy-of-life everyday, one-day-at-a-time.

Hmmmm, Apple Fritters---and hot, hot java!

sammy b
Unread 06-28-2009, 01:06 AM   #31
OhioMike

Hey folks, sorry not much time right now.

I hope everyone had a GREAT Saturday.

I may be late in the morning, so please, whoever gets here first after 5am or so, please start the coffee!

Thanks
Unread 06-28-2009, 07:34 AM   #32
dawnny

good sunday morning everybody, im up early, have to do a garage sale. gona open at 9:00, here in nj its still cloudy, its been raining on and off. my daughter slept over a friends house, so at least i dont have to deal with im bored. that can get on your nerves when you are trying to get things ready. my husband is looking into a buisness with his brother opening a breakfast and lunch place. i hope that works out. im trying my best to stay positive about everything. yesterday god was with me, had to pay a bill b-4 1:00, i made it between the sale and a customer came for a color. so i just made it. thank you god!me and my daughter were having a catch yesterday and she hit my old dog 17 yrs old in the head. she started crying, my dog yelped but she was ok. she always said that was her lease favorite dog, but she cried that made me feel good. it showed me that she cared. my dog was ok though.i dont think shes gona make the year. shes my favorite dog, her name is shotcie. well now i got to get ready for this sale, i hate it because its my moms stuff and im getting rid of it. she would kill me, she saved everything. but it hurts because it was my moms. im miss her so much. i miss talking to her. taking care of her, even though she was a pain in my ass. i always said that to her.she was so warm, she was always hugging me, which i loved but didnt tell her that. im crying right now just thinking about her. ma i miss you so so much, help me get through this hell im going through, and give b the strentgh to go on, he gets so negative .im so sorry for all the things i did. boy it felt good to get that out.i went on that msbc site kim told me about, alls they ask is install adobe flasher on everything, i dont know what im suppose to do, i installed it, but everything i go into thats all it asks. anybody know anything about it? well guys pray i get alot of customers in the sale, and customers this week for my salon. last week was terrible, it was so slow. thanks to everybody for all great imput, it always makes me feel better. have a great day!
dawnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-28-2009, 09:32 AM   #33
Sam Bailey

Hey Folks,

Two early morning items on my Sunday Morning list.

#1: Oh boy, Dawnny, a garage sale! How fun! OK, I want ALL your used books, hard backs, especially. And any still usable sports gear. Now, go move it to the back of your garage (right now!) and I'll be there in, hmmm---well, it might take me a while. You're in, what?, New Jersey...and I'm in LA (Calif).

Fine, so maybe I have a little problem here.

All kidding aside, I'm sorry you're feeing so...so sideways about your Mom. It is, as I'm certain you know, one of those inevitable things you have to go through. Doesn't mean it shouldn't hurt? Sheesh! No way. It DOES hurt, of course. But maybe your heartache is just a reminder of how much love existed (no, exists!) between your mother and you.

Oh shoot, Dawnny...what to really say? I'm sorry you're hurting.

But, yes---your garage sale will, no doubt, bring in some kind of goofy moment today....something that will make you, and your beloved family, smile. And that's a good, good thing.

#2: You are NOT excused OMike! I...want...your...coffee! Where in hades is it!? Ha! Alright, I'll brew it this morning...but please, no more unexcused absences!

I hope all my friends 'n neighbors here have a great, loving and blessed day!

sam b
One User Says Thank You to Sam Bailey For This Useful Post:
Thank You (06-28-2009)
Unread 06-28-2009, 10:41 AM   #34
gotitang

Sam get away from Omikes Cup! I'm drinkin out of it today! He's my buddy! You go get your own cup! wink .....and get out of his chair too!
kiddinggggggggggg... just funnin with ya!

dawny...you hang in there! Enjoy the day and the people! Sometimes I make a game out of watching people and how they talk to each other! I get alot of laughs cause people are nuts! NOT just us addicts/alcohlics just people in general! We are actually the lucky ones to have a way out of our misery! Most people just stay in theres! Watch! You have fun!

Sam, it good to see you again! Sorry I jumped in on that other thread that was none of my business! I was just trying to suggest helping new people and it was taken wrong by EZ I guess! Oh well, it doesn't matter! I'll mind my own business!

Omike and others......good morning! Whew yesterday got to be 104 here in sunny California! It was hot guys! I was in the backyard at about 10am getting ready to pressure wash the gazbo for this BIG AA bbq I am having in July and dam if it wasn't HOT already then! WHEW....so I get this pressure washer all set up! Drag the hose from the other side of the yard (of course) and hook it all up clear everything around the gazbo and turn on the water, get the stero cranking and BOOM......nothing! No pressure, the dam thing is broken! I push every reset button I can see change plugs, yada yada yada and nothing! But, I did sweat alot! Maybe that will take off a few pounds off this pleasently plump body that NOT smoking has created! wink
So I did NOt get the gazbo done!
I did go to a big thing called Unity Day in Auburn....and heard a GREAT speaker! Gosh I am amazed at some peoples stories! This women was born addicted to alcohal and was left by her mother at the hospital only to be picked up by her father and grandmother who raised her! They were as sick as her mother was! So she was abused in every sense until she got to AA. Powerful story. If anyone ever gets a chance go get her speaker tape and listen to her message! Her name was Thersea F. from North Hollywood, Ca. Amazing story! Anyway.....Thanks for being here guys! It is always a pleasure to starat the day with recovery friends!
Make it a great day! California is due to have a temp of 108 today! CRAP...you could fry eggs on my driveway!
One User Says Thank You to gotitang For This Useful Post:
Thank You (06-28-2009)
Unread 06-28-2009, 10:41 AM   #35
packrat

In the North East on the coast, it is a beatiful day so far - finally. After days of rain and more rain. I'm gonna get the lawn chairs out and set up a barbeque today.

I could sure use some coffee.... -

-Packrat
Unread 06-29-2009, 07:42 AM   #36
dawnny

good morning everybody. where is the coffee, everybody wakes up late around here. is it because there is no coffee since i got on here. ha ha ha! mike tells me to come on here, ever since he hasnt come on. just kidding mike. well i wake up this morning feeling awful, just remembered i gave my docter a post dated check for friday, i forgot about it, now i dont have the money, whats new, i get sick over this crap. money money money just cant take it anymore. i have to get the nerve up to borrow from someone, which i hate, but i have to. the garage sale was terrible yesterday. next is my jewlery. ill have to sell that. i dont care. well i have an old friend coming to see me today. it should be nice. and tonight i play in my first game of softball. it should be fun. so i should have a good day, besides all the other crap on my mind. well everybody have a great day. wish me luck with my game, and everything else in my hectic life. dawnny
Unread 06-29-2009, 08:05 AM   #37
toboat777

Good Morning Everyone

Who's Minding the store all thats back there is the donut maker he's been here since 2 am. and he wont even talk to me maybe because its Mon.

Well i need to take my coffee to go as it is going to be 107 today and I
need to get to work.

Mike i haven't forgot the pictures D got on space book and i barely got to chat LOL ! but it was a good weekend just started a new boat its a 40 inch Hallet old school cant wait to get it running.

Hey how about Joey got his first cup win in the rain I'm happy for him
Nan is to.

Have a nice day all ............Tony
Unread 06-29-2009, 08:29 AM   #38
OhioMike

Hey Good Monday Morning Everyone!

oh boy ............... sorry I was MIA yesterday, but you know, the kid is gone to boot camp!

Dawny and Tony .............. First, Dawny glad you made it! Tony, dude, your leaving for work so early?

OK gang we have to work the bugs out here, listen whomever gets here first in the morning needs to get the coffee on for the rest of us!

And yes Dawny, I did sleep in this morning, sorry. We had a GREAT day yesterday and though I was up around 6:30ish, I hit the recliner to steal a few extra minutes.

Dawny, I thought this could be a place for us to get our days started on a positive note, looking forward to the fact that we are starting our days in recovery and what we might do to foster that throughout the day.

Today I get to go work. Normally when this happens it is just a token deal, but, not today. Today I get to really work. A full shift, with actual responsibilities.

So between doing the work deal and I will be hitting a meeting tonight, that is my deal for recovery today.

Yesterday it was just mama and I hone, alone. So needless to say, we never left the house, never opened the front door and today is looking extra fine to me!

So I will catch up on some particulars here later.

Hey, have a GREAT day today, treat yourself well and enjoy recovery!

Mike

oh and by the way, YES, the coffee is on, so please help yourself.
Unread 06-29-2009, 09:12 AM   #39
gotitang

Morning can't stay long today either! My manager is on vacation this week! Bodega Bay....that bum! I'm so jealous! So I gotta work harder! Office is just too hard for 1 person! My Asst. manager/secretary is good but even see needs a break! ha

Yesterday the only thing I got done was lanudry! I found this new game on Pogo.com called Jewel Match and couldn't tare myself away from the computor! I hate be an all or nothing person! Ohhhh well.....in a few days I will burn out! Same old pattern! Then I'll have all the stuff around the house to do that I put off to play! Dam my character defects!
Anywya.....everybody enjoy the coffee! I'll make another pot so dawny will have some when she gets up! okay
Unread 06-29-2009, 09:14 AM   #40
Sam Bailey

Hey Folks,

Good Morning America, How Are You!?

Well, yeah, we DID miss you yesterday, OM. But Recovery, thank God, continued...and, in ALL seriousness, this is one of the genuinely great things about this site, about AddictionSurvivors. No matter what day it is, one can always find some kind of...of "upper" on this site.

Sure, there's the daily rush of problems, issues and bad news---and we must deal with all of it, of course. Yet, it is so worth celebrating that, along the way, someone, some person who had BEEN lost in the darkness of addiction, is finding recovery...and many times, they're finding it on this site!

Now THIS site is not, on its own, good enough. IMO, of course. But this site, combined with therapy and support meetings and renewed family communication and harmony...why, that'll improve any person's life!

Besides, thanks to OM, the coffee's free. OK, I agree: Too bad that it's still (for now) Virtual Coffee.

best,

sam b
Unread 06-29-2009, 09:18 AM   #41
dawnny

hi mike. so you are working today, thats good. coffee was good. i got the nerve up to borrow something so i wouldnt bounce a check, thank you god again. i know it will get easier, but when? yes this was a good idea for me. i need positive things to do in my life now. my goal today is to have a nice day with my girlfriend that i havnt seen in 6 yrs. i will enjoy the day and forget about all the other crap thats going on. ill put it on the back burner for now. sorry i forgot to put the coffee on, i have a big chocolate donut looking right at me, and im gona eat it!! have a nice day everybody!
Unread 06-29-2009, 09:26 AM   #42
OhioMike

Smile

Oh no, a battle over my cup!

Tell me, is it the one which states "remote king" on it? LOL

Dawny, I'm sorry about the need to part with personal items, heck even the old stuff which you have not picked up in years. But please, take it from a man who has lost a fortune, it's OK, there is life and a good life afterwards. I would be happy to share that part of my story, the untold part with you privately if you feel it could help you.

Now Dawny, make this promise to yourself, each day, no matter what troubles there are to deal with, your going to do something good for Dawny! Do something positive for your recovery and as you go about your day, please look for the little blessings we are given which can brighten each day for us, in some small way. Children playing, nature, a cute sign, so many things. They are there for us, that I promise!

Tony, it was great to see that young man get the Cup win this weekend. And Tony, dude you are heading out early for work these days. I take it your goal is to beat the heat.

Sam, Sam, brother Sam, why so hard on me. Come on, I'm middle aged, feeling good and the kid is gone for nearly a week. I get to run naked, type naked, watch TV naked and well and ............. ! hehe
All Day Long!

Now tell me that is not a good excuse Sam! LOL

Tang, I want to come to your BBQ. All this fussing over it and getting ready for it has me excited about it. A huge Recovery Bash, what a way to party!

Packrat, the coffee is here, come and get it. Welcome my friend. Get your days started right here with recovery and looking forward to living in it, each day!

Tony hey, I want to see some pictures of these boats of yours! Man that sounds like a GREAT hobby!

Tommy, good morning! As always I hope your recovery plans are working out. Remember, it's about today and the opportunity for a good tomorrow, the past is exactly that, the past. Our past struggles are a part of us, but today we have choices and things to look forward to! So grab a cup of coffee and be good to Tommy today and look forward to what your going to do today for your recovery!

Hey everyone, have fun in recovery today!

Mike
Unread 06-29-2009, 08:27 PM   #43
Blondi4540

Hello OhioMike! I have read a lot of your post and I am very interested in your story. I've tried going to the link where your story is but the speakers on my computer are broke so I can't hear it. You are inspiring to me, your story well with what I could read of it sounds a little like mine. And seeing you succeed and know you made it gives me the hope I need. Oh and plus you are a buckeye. O-H-I-O!! lol Well I was wondering if there was anywhere on this site were your story was typed out where I could read it, or if you mind sharing it with me? I start treatment on Thursday and I am very nervous and scared that I am going to be so sick from withdrawls while even on the suboxone and was wondering how you felt when you 1st started? Can you five me any advice or anything?? Thank you for taking the time to read what I have written!

Nichole
Blondi4540 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-29-2009, 11:03 PM   #44
OhioMike

Hi Blondi4540 ................. my drug of choice was vicodin. By the time I finally gave up and entered recovery I was taking up to and at times beyond 100 vicodin per day. Needless to say my health was in serious condition and emotionally and mentally, well I was pretty lost.

My induction onto Suboxone went really well, but, it was a very controlled induction. From that point on Suboxone has done exactly what is expected to do. Other than some normal side effects, I have had no problems with Suboxone and the side effects worked themselves out as time went on and as I lowered my dose.

If your drug of choice is a short acting opiate as mine was, then you only need to put yourself into moderate withdrawal, not heavy. So please don't worry too much about that. Further, if you do a well controlled induction, following a good protocol, then you will begin to feel better soon after starting Suboxone. I felt great after a couple of hours.

Please begin a starting thread for yourself, a induction thread and you can get good advice on what to do. Also please share detailed information about your past use and how your Suboxone doctor wants to induce you. If you get stuck and need some one on one help, email Nancy and go from there.

Congratulations on taking this step to take your life back. Don't rush yourself, don't expect too much too soon and please understand, recovery is about living life again, as well as working to get better, so, take time to enjoy it and to celebrate it.

GO BUCKS!

Mike

Oh and Nichole, I am having lunch with Craig Krenzel later this week!
Unread 06-29-2009, 11:11 PM   #45
Blondi4540

Thank you Ohio Mike!! I will start my own thread introducing myself and my story so everyone can read and understand me a little more!
You are very lucky to be having lunch with Craig Krenzel!!!! You will have to tell me how it went! Also Do you know where I can find meetings to go to??? I do not know what part of ohio you are in but I am in Columbus! Hope you have a wonderful Night!!!

Nichole
Unread 06-29-2009, 11:16 PM   #46
OhioMike

Nicole, I will have Nancy email you with meeting info for Columbus.

Mike
Unread 06-29-2009, 11:17 PM   #47
Blondi4540

Thank you Mike!
Unread 06-29-2009, 11:50 PM   #48
OhioMike

There is a great deal of good peer support and good doctors in Columbus.

Spend time reading the educational materials on this site, go to the live chats on this site, use your local peer support and make sure your with a good doctor.

Many people do not go looking for this disease, many are just normaol folks going to work, raising a family or whatever and then before they can catch it, it traps them. Be it for pain issues or other issues.

But, there are real answers, there is real help and you can beat this thing.

Mike
Unread 06-30-2009, 05:49 AM   #49
So.Cal.

#46 OhioMike

http://www.addictionsurvivors.org/vb...nimals/021.gif

http://www.addictionsurvivors.org/vb...cons/icon7.gif

Tommy, good morning! As always I hope your recovery plans are working out. Remember, it's about today and the opportunity for a good tomorrow, the past is exactly that, the past. Our past struggles are a part of us, but today we have choices and things to look forward to! So grab a cup of coffee and be good to Tommy today and look forward to what your going to do today for your recovery!

Hey everyone, have fun in recovery today!

Mike

Hey thanks Mike,,its good to wake up and read something positive to start the day off,,,its 4a.m. here and woke up with a jackhammer in my skull so i wont post much,,just a thank you for some the inspiration first thing in the morning,
TT
Unread 06-30-2009, 06:45 AM   #50
OhioMike

Well .......... Goooood Tuesday Morning AS Family!

The coffee is brewing and ok, I broke down and broke out some donuts. Come on in, get comfy and help yourself!

Yesterday the weather was perfect, low humidity and sunny. After work I really enjoyed a nice ride on the bike. Oh and all of my plans for personal recovery, well they didn't work out, nope in fact, they ended up better than planned.

About a year or so ago I had the opportunity to work with a fellow opiate addict who lives halfway across the country. We have a great deal in common, both professional and personal. Anyway, I hadn't heard from him in a while and he surprised me with a long conversation yesterday afternoon. It ended up being my recipe for recovery yesterday as now I was learning from him!

Today? Whew, well this morning we are going to be working on a fundraiser and that is my recovery deal for myself today. I have been wanting to do a large car show just for recovery for some time and it has never panned out, but today we are having our first planning meeting! So I'm pretty excited about that.

The weather is going to be hit and miss with showers today and that's cool, we need the rain.

Hey, be good to yourself today and enjoy living in recovery!

Mike