Addiction Survivors

Notices

Unread 01-24-2017, 02:57 PM   #301
R. Lee

Good news Sam. Good luck with decisions.
R. Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-24-2017, 03:33 PM   #302
Millie

Thanks for letting us know you were having stuff, Sam. Good to know how our brothers and sisters here are getting on, whether good or not-so-good. Thank you for making doctor appointments, and good job on the knees decision. I bet you'll actually feel great afterward.

I'll keep my fingers crossed that whatever is happening for you right now is easily remedied.
Millie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-24-2017, 07:59 PM   #303
lostdog

I'm glad your doing well Sam, I wish those knees would be well too, but I know you will get fixed up. Take care and thanks for all your inspiration to others and kindness.
lostdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-24-2017, 08:12 PM   #304
robbdawg30

Good news and good luck sam hope everything went ok sam ..thanks for the great advice
robbdawg30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-25-2017, 08:01 AM   #305
soapdish

Best of luck.
Try to focus on other things until the appointments.No point in walking around with an umbrella on a sunny day, it'll just weigh your bag down.
And do NOT look up your symptoms on Mayoclinic /Web doctor sites!!!!

Big hugs from little me
Best of luck
Xxxxxxxxx
soapdish is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-30-2017, 01:22 PM   #306
Alexis

How you doing Sam? Hoping you feel a little better. Did you get to those appointments? xx
Alexis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-30-2017, 01:43 PM   #307
Sam Bailey

Hey Alexis,

Feeling much better, except for my knees. I have my next doc appointment this coming Friday. We will see how that shakes out.

sam
Sam Bailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-30-2017, 01:50 PM   #308
Alexis

Good luck, i will be thinking of you love you Sam xx
Unread 01-31-2017, 09:43 AM   #309
Tryntryagain

Good afternoon my dear gorgeous Sam. Bright blessings to you.

My dear brother how I wish I could "shazzam" my wiggle and my woggle, and Bob's yer uncle, knees sorted. How I know how they effect you.

This coming Friday.....(oh....I am so sorry dear Sam.....I just have this HUGE urge to call you "dude")......

......hey dude.......this Friday for you will hold anticipation.....maybe disappointment......you know what that is called?.....antici-appointment.

For me with my little health journey I have come to learn that the first Dr one needs to see, is the Dr in ourselves. My gorgeous brother, if I had an ailment, came round to stay....reckon you could sort that out?......Of course you could.

I can not share deeply enough with you how our individual health depends almost entirely of "what we think we deserve".

My brother I get "age"....I get "old"......yet you show me each day my heart is something that still tumbles down the hills, that still shrieks through the rapids, that still see's a dawn or a sunset as a conversation, and yet has a lovingness through experience and through all, to know darn good folk when they meet them.

So my dear, dear Sam my advice to you in weird California, is ditch the rollerskates and the shorts dude.

The first means no more damage will be done, the second?....means no one has to see it.

Be peaceful be healthy and be strong. Loveness to you my gorgeous Sam.
Tryntryagain is offline   Reply With Quote
2 Users Say Thank You to Tryntryagain For This Useful Post:
Thank You (01-31-2017), Thank You (01-31-2017)
Unread 02-03-2017, 05:15 AM   #310
Alexis

Friday today so ill be thinking of you even more, good luck with the appointment, and please let us know how it goes xx
Unread 02-03-2017, 09:20 AM   #311
R. Lee

Good luck at the doctors Sam.
Unread 02-05-2017, 03:19 PM   #312
lostdog

best wishes at the Dr. tell us how you are soon and have a nice weekend.
Unread 02-08-2017, 12:29 PM   #313
Alexis

Hey Sam! How are you? How did the appointment go? Been thinking of you a lot today. Thanks for always pushing me to be a better person.

Love you millions xx
Unread 02-09-2017, 04:56 PM   #314
Alexis

Saw in Millies thread that you feel a little better, well that makes me smile a lot

x
Unread 02-28-2017, 03:34 PM   #315
Alexis

Hope you are well Sam, thanks for all your support xx
Unread 03-01-2017, 12:49 PM   #316
Sam Bailey

Hey Alexis!

Thanks for your kind thoughts. I'm doing well.

I hope you start feeling better soon. Healthy and balanced.

best,

sam
Unread 03-01-2017, 01:14 PM   #317
Alexis

Great Sam im super pleased you are doing well.

Thanks Sam, so much.

Love xx
Unread 03-01-2017, 07:38 PM   #318
lostdog

I'm glad you are feeling better, best wishes to you,and sending lots of good, kind thoughts to you.
Unread 03-05-2017, 07:45 AM   #319
Tryntryagain

Good afternoon my gorgeous Sam. Bright blessings to you.

Well now. You "let the cat out of the bag" on my birthday....didn't ya fella?

Enjoying the "prime time" of your 60's eh? Hmmm, didn't you have that down as that.

Nope, i saw you as someone approaching their first 100, roller-blading down Santa Monica, Ocean Ave....in your shorts, turning heads on your way......with a T shirt that says...."nearly 100!"..

I do apoligise gorgeous Sam. However in my defence, the wisdom, the love the experience you share, either takes a very, very long time, or a very, very lot, in a short amount of time.

Specifically to me, although i see you do it to all others, you bring light into dark places, you bring brevity at times of self analyses, you bring humour at the gallows, and always, always, usher folk to the door they need to walk through.

You refer to Mrs Sam, which indeed you should!........Mind you.......there has got to be a bloody good dear ole Blighty reason why she has the remote controls.

I should imagine she is the only person that could conceivably love you more than we do. If ever there was a man were the wisdom is contained...."between the lines", it is you gorgeous Sam.

Thank you.

Have a cracking Sunday, and don't forget to oil those wheels.

Be peaceful, be healthy and be strong. Loveness to you my gorgeous Sam
One User Says Thank You to Tryntryagain For This Useful Post:
Thank You (03-05-2017)
Unread 03-16-2017, 02:51 PM   #320
Tryntryagain

Good evening my gorgeous Sam. Bright blessings to you.

I was speaking about you today so thought it only fair to share it with you.

This afternoon in my Spring dear ole Blighty i was on the top deck of a bus. The natter going about was how "mild it was". Such was the lugubriousness of this exchange, i took my headphones off and said.....

"Err hello. Lovely day innit?"

They were a couple. To be fair they both looked like they needed a jolly good wash, yet as they went on to explain they were on the end of a very, very long journey. I lost count of how many country's they had been through to get home. Then they hit my button......

"Yeah man.....we woz in LA"...

"Isssss it?.....well check me out......i got a brother that lives there"

"Where in a LA?"

"Ummm......he's the ancient bloke in shorts"

"OHHHHH!!!!! SAM???"....(ok i made that bit up)

I know nothing of LA. Yet the fact they had just come back from there, the fact i was on the bus, "within temper", i told them everything i knew about you.

This will not make sense, (when has that stopped me?), i felt really...really....really close to you this afternoon.

Thank you Sam.

Be peaceful, be healthy and be strong. Loveness to you my gorgeous Sam.
3 Users Say Thank You to Tryntryagain For This Useful Post:
Thank You (03-16-2017), Thank You (03-16-2017), Thank You (03-16-2017)
Unread 03-16-2017, 06:52 PM   #321
Sam Bailey

Hey Andy!

I expect you're all tucked in at this late hour. In Blighty, that is. Here in LOs Angeles, it's just half past 3pm. 3:45-ish actually. Which would make your time, uh---12:45am? Yes, I think so. Sleep well!

What a lovely letter. Thanks, Tryn'! You know you're right, of course. Although we (none of us) have ever met and are, you and I for certain, a long distance from each other, we are remarkably close.

So, I totally get your reaction to that rather tired, but (seems) lovely couple who'd been in LA. Not to take this notion too far, but who knows? maybe Mrs. Sam and I strolled past them one recent early evening after dinner. Must be early for the likes of me. Ha! Any case, could be...though we'd never know. Same if you and I walked past each other.

But know what? I'm not so certain that I WOULDN'T know you were someone...someone I know, even though I don't recognize the physical you---I see the you I DO know...and care deeply about.

Ok, so I suppose I am taking this a smidgen too far. Still, I bet we'd look at each other and something, in both of us, something odd, no doubt, would flash in both our eyes. We would know something, we would feel some kind of connection, wouldn't we Andy?

In another matter.

My beautiful son, Noah, is working/vacationing in New Zealand right this minute. Australia too. He's been gone a week, due home on the 22nd. I miss him so much, I ache. Yet I'm so, so thankful that he's taken this journey.

He's on his own, work-wise and personal time. It's so good for his self confidence. He had quite a tough decade, that wonderful son of mine. So to be out now, taking care of business, is such a blessing.

Oh, but I do miss the boy, I do!

FYI: Yes, I live in Los Angeles. But in one of the many suburbs of LA...a community called Sherman Oaks. LA is so huge, but if one can imagine Hollywood (Entertainment Mecca/Tinseltown), Sherman Oaks is about 10 miles from it...from Hollywood and Vine. I used to drive the Freeway, the 101, to Hollywood every day, for work, several years back now. No wonder the movie business is such a mess! Ha!

Anyway. Now let me ask you, though I reckon I could just Google it. In fact, I will! Though I'll ask you first. Is "Blighty" a London suburb? Is it an actual place? Or is it, maybe so, an affectionate nickname you have for your hometown?

All this time, I suppose I should've asked. Ha!

Ok Andy. Again I say, sleep well, friend.

best!

sam
One User Says Thank You to Sam Bailey For This Useful Post:
Thank You (03-17-2017)
Unread 03-16-2017, 09:16 PM   #322
R. Lee

Sam I googled Blighty & got the answer.
3 Users Say Thank You to R. Lee For This Useful Post:
Thank You (03-16-2017), Thank You (03-17-2017), Thank You (03-17-2017)
Unread 03-17-2017, 07:58 AM   #323
Alexis

Blighty is a nice nickname for Britain. xx
One User Says Thank You to Alexis For This Useful Post:
Thank You (03-17-2017)
Unread 03-17-2017, 07:02 PM   #324
Tryntryagain

Good evening my gorgeous Sam. Bright blessings to you.

My dearest brother.....following on from your thoughts....If we walked past each other on the street, would we "know"......my brother, you know me better than that for goodness sake.....

How many passersby stop you running and ask if you're ok??? Hmm....hmmm?

You would know me....don't worry about that.

My dear ole Blighty?....Blighty?......i have never used that dialogue lightly. My Country has no right to have my allegiance. My journey has meant that i lived long enough to know that even if your Country shoves you up the ****, you can still survive....easily...yet it isn't half pukka to see the white cliffs of Dover.

Originally it came from our boys catching each others heads as they were blown off in both WW1 and 2, talking of how much "home".....their dear ole Blighty meant.......as....there are 2 sayings in my dear ole Blighty, 1 is rude, they are...

"scared shitless".....and "scared witless"....

My brother, i suppose i am "tough". I never asked for it. My definition of tough?>>> getting out of the way....pronto.......in circumstances not many could imagine. It is fair to say that i have seen some not so attractive ways of growing up in my dear ole Blighty.

The reason you can still run into the sun with plastic bottled kissed beaches to greet you in da 'morrow, is because you are 1 lucky ****er.

I know that about myself too. So, so much.

Oh, my brother.....i know it does not feel that way.....yet when we have the problems we have.....i have grown to realise....you had a beach to sleep on.....i was literally a step up on you mukka.....i was on da ****ing roof!

The definition of "Blighty" to me?

You done me over, yet let me live.

What am i going to do with it?

You're going to help me...........

That is what my dear ole Blighty means.

(PS...google Charlie Brown medley, the piano guys. You'll get there!)
Thank You (03-17-2017)
Unread 03-17-2017, 09:55 PM   #325
Millie

I have such clear pictures of you all in my head, and I wonder if I'm right.

I had a very clear picture of the recruiter I talked with today. I imagined that she looked just like Aisha Tyler, just based on her voice. After I hung up, I looked her up on LinkedIn, and omg it was uncanny! So I'm just sure I'd recognize any of you if we ever saw each other.
2 Users Say Thank You to Millie For This Useful Post:
Thank You (03-18-2017), Thank You (03-17-2017)
Unread 03-18-2017, 03:36 PM   #326
Alexis

How are things Sam? Have you had any rain lately? xx
Unread 03-29-2017, 08:39 AM   #327
lostdog

Hi Sam, how are you? Hope each day is great for you.
Unread 04-02-2017, 09:59 AM   #328
Alexis

Hope you are well and happy Sam xx
Unread 04-03-2017, 03:31 PM   #329
Sam Bailey

Hi LostDog, Hi Alexis (in fact, hey everyone!),

I'm well, at least reasonably so. Thanks for asking.

I'm just returned from my Ortho-Doc. Not totally certain that I trust him to perform surgery on my knees. It's just my 2nd time seeing him, so the jury is still out. I DO like that he isn't over-eager to start cutting...or however knee replacement is performed these days.

Today I had a cortisone shot in each knee. Two knees, two shots. I've had cortisone in the past and it's been somewhat effective. We'll see this time.

This doc is a real by-the-book guy, insurance wise I mean. I see him again in one month for, most likely, more injections. This time with that "new" gel that's shot into one's knee. After that? Well, only one thing remains: surgery. Or, of course, my next rejection of surgery---which I feel, even now, inclined to do. Reject it that is.

How many times can I do this? At some point, with the sometime intense pain and overall stiffness I feel in both knees, at some point I will HAVE to get the damn TKR surgery. Yet, man oh man---I so don't want to do it. But.....around 'n around I go.

Another thing.

Funny (in the "addict" way), just before I left his office, I overheard him speaking to his nurse about another patient...said he was going to start tapering him off his Norco prescription, though he WOULD give him the script today.

Truth is, the moment I heard him say this, my head lite up like a neon sign, sparkled and flashed at JUST the idea of a narcotic script. The alarm sounded loud, but in my head only, I'm relieved to say. Yet it did sound.

Quite normal, I'm sure. Still, ever so (slightly) discomforting. Similar, for me, to those times I find myself in our local CVS (drug store/pharmacy). There is a SMELL, I swear there is, that triggers the entire opiate-taking-shebang. My recollection of all those times, hundreds and hundreds!, is powerful. So powerful in fact that when I was still using, and in some state of withdrawals, just the smell of a pharmacy would quell the wds. Not eliminate them completely, but it would reduce my pain and anxiety, as if I had already swallowed a handful of pills.

Crazy, our brains. My certainly. Ha!

Okay.

I hope everyone is good, anxiety free and in peace.

sam
Unread 04-04-2017, 11:32 AM   #330
R. Lee

Yes Sam those triggers always there waiting patiently. Best of luck with the knees.

I had to take my 97 year old mother to the dentist as she has broken 3 teeth. The dentist requested the nursing home to fax a list of meds. The dentist asked me why she was on Narco twice a day. I was unaware of this & will be following it up. It sound suspicious to me.
Unread 04-04-2017, 01:41 PM   #331
Millie

Glad to see you, Sam. I too wish you the best of luck with your knees. It's easy for us to say, "Do it! It'll feel better!" But of course it's a very big deal, and *should* be well thought out.

It truly is amazing, the associations we can make. So strong, with those damn pleasure receptors. And the sense of smell -- more powerful still! It doesn't have to cross wires and be processed in the brain like sight or touch -- it just goes directly into the brain, point blank. (Which can be both good and bad, of course.)

Anyway, it's nice to see you here, and thank you for letting us know how you're doing.
Unread 04-04-2017, 09:42 PM   #332
lostdog

Hi Sam, I am glad you are doing well. I see so many overmedicated people. I remember when I had a simple skin thing removed and the doc gave me 30 Darvon, I only used a few motrin. wow, it was an eye opener. I hope your mom does well, the elderly are very sensitive to medications.
Unread 04-13-2017, 10:32 AM   #333
Alexis

How are you Sam? How are the knees? xx
Unread 05-13-2017, 05:04 PM   #334
Alexis

Hope you are ok Sam, xx
Unread 05-14-2017, 06:51 AM   #335
soapdish

Wondering how you are Sam? and wishing you all the best for you and your family.

Xxxxx
soapdish is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-15-2017, 08:21 AM   #336
Tryntryagain

Good afternoon my gorgeous Sam. Bright blessings to you.

Yeah....for sure....how goes it with my favourite freak from LA?

Being a freak like me you will understand what i mean by "super powers"".......oh yes.....oh you know....."zipping from one time zone to another".....being able to be invisible then re-appear.....that sort of thing.

Being a munchkin, tiny little chap, i reckon my super power would be to fly......well about your head height would suffice....Imagine that?....being soooo tall i could actually look at someone in the eye.

Now my gorgeous Sam.......if you could chose any super power you wanted.....what would it be....and why?

Do NOT refer to Mrs Sam for any guidance!

Thank You (05-15-2017)