Addiction Survivors

Notices

Unread 08-17-2016, 05:59 PM   #1
sama1228

Default thinking about tapering and very worried

im thinking to start tapering tomorrow i take 8 mg a day been there for a while and don't know were to start so i guest im asking for suggestions any is good
sama1228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-17-2016, 06:09 PM   #2
NancyB
Administrator

Hi sama1228, welcome. I moved your thread here to the tapering forum.

Here are a couple of threads to take a peek at when you can:

This thread has taper stories both good and bad - things can be learned from both types:
http://addictionsurvivors.org/vbulle...ad.php?t=16678

Runner was successful and has tips from her taper:
http://addictionsurvivors.org/vbulle...ad.php?t=29803

How long have you been at 8mg? Have you done the psycho-social aspect? This is another good thread about that:
http://addictionsurvivors.org/vbulle...ad.php?t=23809

Is your doctor being helpful with tapering or are you kind of on your own? If you're on your own, you could try going to 6mg. Just remember with the long halflife of the bupe, IF you notice anything it may not be for a few days.

Biggest things to keep in mind, they're common threads in the good tapers.

Take your time - even if it means backing up a bit after a reduction.
Exercise - that gets your natural endorphins going.
Keep busy - do things that will distract from overthinking the process. You don't want to dwell on the taper.

Sorry for all the questions, just want to see if we can give more help.
Oh, and think positive! You can and will do this!

Nancy
Important disclaimer: Any information in this post is not and does not constitute medical advice under any circumstances. Addiction Survivors, Inc. does not warranty or guarantee the accurateness, completeness, adequacy or currency of the information contained in or linked to the Site. Your use of information on the Site or materials linked to the Site is entirely at your own risk. NEVER take any online advice over that of a qualified healthcare provider. Any information contained on AddictionSurvivors.org should only serve to inspire further investigation with credible, verifiable references sources such as your physician or therapist.
NancyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-18-2016, 09:36 AM   #3
Soccermom

Hi you sound like me. I have been on a 8 mg once a day for 4 years or more and I too have been wanting to desperately start the taper process. So 2 months ago I went down to 6mg and I really did not skip a beat I hardly noticed a difference and TRUST ME I AM HYPERSENSITIVE to how my body feels ALL THE TIME. So for me to say that I feel really confident that you could do the 6 easily. I had put it off for so long out of fear and now wondered why.
I just started to take my 6 mg down to 4 mg and am on the 4 th day it is a little tougher than I thought but I am going to give it a few more days and if need be I will do alternate days of 4 and 6 .
You are not alone and I am not someone who can tell you what the taper was like I would actually be walking the journey with you. Hope that helped a little. Taking the first step is the biggest and Nancy is right you can always go back up.
Soccermom is offline   Reply With Quote