Addiction Survivors

Notices

Unread 06-23-2016, 09:02 PM   #1
Izzy1982

Unhappy Discouraged

Went to my doctor's appointment today. I am very discouraged. As good as I have been doing, my drug test supposedly came back with "other substances" that are not prescribed to me. I was even asked if I would submit a hair follicle test, which I have no problem with. The discouraging part is, I KNOW I am clean. It seems that no matter how hard I try, I will always be labeled and judged because of my addiction. I know I will never win against the system. So I guess I'll just have to suffer whatever punishment may come. I wouldn't wish addiction on anyone. I feel like I will always be labeled and judged. I know the truth. But how can I prove it... anyway - hope you're all doing well. This too shall pass!! I've got to keep my head up and my faith strong. Love yas!!
Izzy1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-24-2016, 05:49 AM   #2
NancyB
Administrator

Hi Izzy1982, did they say what 'other substances' came back? Have you been taking any over-the-counter meds at all? Some can cause 'false positives'.

http://www.webmd.com/news/20100528/d...alse-positives
"Cold medications, the antidepressant Wellbutrin, and tricyclic antidepressants can trigger false-positive results on tests for amphetamines, according to the review, and the antidepressant Zoloft and the painkiller Daypro can show up as a benzodiazepine problem."

Are they doing a hair follicle test, or was that just a 'test' to see if you would agree to it?

Yes, please keep your head up, you're doing great and you know it, everyone around you knows it and we know it.

Nancy
Important disclaimer: Any information in this post is not and does not constitute medical advice under any circumstances. Addiction Survivors, Inc. does not warranty or guarantee the accurateness, completeness, adequacy or currency of the information contained in or linked to the Site. Your use of information on the Site or materials linked to the Site is entirely at your own risk. NEVER take any online advice over that of a qualified healthcare provider. Any information contained on AddictionSurvivors.org should only serve to inspire further investigation with credible, verifiable references sources such as your physician or therapist.
NancyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-26-2016, 12:02 PM   #3
Sam Bailey

Hello Izzy,

I get how you're feeling. We all do. And that feeling? It sucks, really it does.

However, it will NOT last forever. Give yourself more time. That's the key, one of them anyway. Time and patience, mostly with yourself.

This suffering you speak of will change for you, in several ways. For one thing, this systematic "punishment" will lessen...and for another, you'll stop caring so much what SOME idiots think. Truly, other folks judgments just won't weigh a lot for you. They just won't matter.

Once your life regains its balance, and so long as you remain free from Active Addiction, it WILL regain its balance, your entire attitude about THAT part of your life will change---and your good feelings about your current life will grow, and, soon, they will transform you.

But, really---give yourself some actual time for the transformation to occur.

And that judgmental lot? Ignore them. No anger, no explanation (certainly not to strangers), no shame. That was you THEN, this is you NOW.

best,

sam
Sam Bailey is offline   Reply With Quote