Notices

Unread 08-03-2015, 05:46 PM   #551
R. Lee

Great job L.D. Have a great day.
R. Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-03-2015, 09:58 PM   #552
gmasusie

LD,

I knew you had it in you! You have so much strength to share with everyone else. You just needed to learn to advocate for yourself! You are worth it. I'm proud of your strength.

Love, Susie
gmasusie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-03-2015, 11:15 PM   #553
Saint

LD,
You have such a great attitude and perspective. You are right.... we can't control anyone's behavior per second but we can show them how it's done. You did that!!!
Good for you!!!!!!!

Regards,
Saint
Saint is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-04-2015, 10:43 AM   #554
Alexis

Way to go LD, im so proud of you! You deserve respect, you deserve love and happiness, and peace. Don't accept anything less than that. You did amazing today, you really did xx
Alexis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-05-2015, 01:37 PM   #555
Millie

Lostdog, how are you?
Millie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-05-2015, 03:55 PM   #556
lostdog

Thanks all, for the complements, Millie, I'm doing ok, Just kinda thinking too much and getting myself in trouble again, unfortunately. It just comes and goes and I feel so ugly, it is a horrible feeling. I had to go to work yesterday , and when another coworker asks me something, she paused and said well I will ask someone else after I was explaining what to do. I just don't have the confidence yet.
lostdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-05-2015, 04:04 PM   #557
Millie

Aw, I'm sorry. That stinks. Do you have anything you are confident about that you can engage in to take your mind off of it?

You're still making progress. Don't forget that! We love you!
Unread 08-05-2015, 10:50 PM   #558
Alexis

LD, confidence is very hard to have & express. But you have made so much progress recently. Standing your ground against your sister, public speaking through the cbt. We can't all be confident all the time, especially if we are just learning how to act strong and secure.

Keep leaning on us and we will support you. We love to listen to you and 'watch' you flourishing.

Love & peace LD xx
Unread 08-06-2015, 10:46 AM   #559
lostdog

it's up and then it's down, I think here we all have excellent advice however, it is hard to take in and do sometimes. yes, confidence comes down a notch when I'm around my parents or so, they don't have a clue I'm sinking so bad and they don't care. I am going to get a second job soon.
Unread 08-06-2015, 11:20 AM   #560
gmasusie

LD, You are NOT sinking. You are facing some tough realities, but you are strong, and you know it! They do care; they just don't know what you're dealing with. In 40 years of working with adolescents, I never met a parent who didn't care about their children. You can do this! We are here for you. Keep sharing. Love, Susie
Unread 08-06-2015, 01:44 PM   #561
Millie

Hi lostdog. I'm sorry you feel like you're sinking. I agree with Susie... they may not know, or they may not know how to respond -- they may not know how they can help.

Confidence building is soooo gradual, and so very situation-specific. Whatever self-doubt you have is not real, it's just ideas in your head. They can be pretty persistent, but they are not real. You are strong, and beautiful, and able. I really hope you can find a way to believe this. THAT is real.

Please do talk here all you need to, even if you don't want advice. Sometimes just getting things out can help. We love you, and we're here for you. Hugs!!
Unread 08-06-2015, 05:23 PM   #562
lostdog

Ok, I am up and running today, sorry for the pitty story.I just applied for a good part-time job. I did apply for approximately 10 in the last year, so It could happen? I am grateful for my present job immensely,but need more cash to keep up with my spending spouse and get more experience so I can retire. It's a little bit of an oxymoron that one. It's better than drinking.
One User Says Thank You to lostdog For This Useful Post:
Thank You (08-06-2015)
Unread 08-06-2015, 05:36 PM   #563
R. Lee

have a great day L.D.
Unread 08-07-2015, 12:40 AM   #564
Alexis

Don't apologise LD. You can say anything here and we will support you. What job have you applied to do?

Sending you love this sunny morning!x
Unread 08-07-2015, 11:17 AM   #565
lostdog

thanks R. Lee, Alexis, I applied at a law firm to review records part-time. I may be a little late because it posted a while back, but I hope I get in the door. Today i'm having lunch with two ladies. One is moving, boo, it happens a lot sometimes, you make a friend and then they move, but I don't see her too much anyway, and I wish her the best! Hope everyone has a good day, I'm going to exercise now and drink some more coffee.
Thank You (08-07-2015)
Unread 08-07-2015, 01:55 PM   #566
R. Lee

Accepting life on life's terms. Sounds like you have a plan L.D. have a great day.
Unread 08-07-2015, 04:38 PM   #567
lostdog

Yea it's going along. Thanks
Unread 08-07-2015, 06:17 PM   #568
Millie

That's not a pity story, lostdog, just a story.

It does sound like you're making some positive moves toward your own emotional independence. And very good that you got to have lunch with friends. Hope your exercise was good, and have a great rest of the day!
One User Says Thank You to Millie For This Useful Post:
Thank You (08-07-2015)
Unread 08-07-2015, 07:50 PM   #569
lostdog

you are very sweet Millie and Alexis, R. Lee your a guy but sweet too.
Hey, exercise was quick, it is hot here. Lunch was really nice. I had tomato bisque soup and a balsamic garden salad spring mix. I drank water, my favorite. I started taking the L-glutamine amino acid for the sweet cravings and it does help some. I usually make pancakes every night. I know it's kinda bad, but they are so good. the credit card is maxed out, so I'm in a panic mode totally out of my comfort zone. Wish me well on that one. I will have to play the lottery soon.I have some plans and if the dogs don't get me up too early, I'm going on a huge hike and then yoga. I wish everyone a peaceful evening.
Unread 08-07-2015, 11:00 PM   #570
gmasusie

Sounds like a plan!!!!
Unread 08-08-2015, 03:28 AM   #571
Alexis

Hey LD. I know what it is like to worry over money. It's horible. People say money doesn't make you happy...maybe not but it makes life a hell of a lot easier if you don't need to worry about paying your bills!!

Enjoy your hike! Where about will you be going?

Love xx
Unread 08-08-2015, 10:25 AM   #572
R. Lee

Have a great day L.D.
Unread 08-09-2015, 03:43 PM   #573
lostdog

The hike and yoga yesterday were great! I was with a nice group of people and walked with this guy the whole time. I also met one other girl that I talked to. It was a 3.5 mile walk around this lake and then I went home to sleep. Today, I went to another yoga class, but it was a bunch of young people and they didn't speak at all to me. it was different today, so I cried today, after talking to a family member about her job success and wealth and I went home to eat. I felt bad, and then I thought '"comparison is the thief of joy" . Who cares if your going to be bankrupt and live in a street, ugh. I hope not. Then I ate and felt better, and then thought to be grateful for what I have and probably not talk to that family member again for a while.
2 Users Say Thank You to lostdog For This Useful Post:
Thank You (08-09-2015), Thank You (08-09-2015)
Unread 08-09-2015, 09:07 PM   #574
jditoday

dog,

It's an old saying but it always seems to be true. It is always darkest before the dawn. Instead of thinking about darkness, think about the sunrise. I also had a brush with bankruptcy, and near homelessness when the building trades went south. I ran up miserable debt trying to keep my head above water, and thanks to some good friends and their couches they kept me off the street. In 2008, I got the job that I plan on retiring at in another 27-28 years or so, paid off all my debt and am living pretty ok. I often think back to the hard times, and realize that those same hard times are what made me who I am today. It's never too late to turn around. Sometimes you might not even see it coming, which is why is it so important to keep a positive mental attitude about all aspects of life. Two quotes I tell myself any time I feel like life is getting too hard: "Anything worth having is worth working for" and "Dirty hands are a sign of clean money".

Keep your head up and push on brother.
jditoday is offline   Reply With Quote
2 Users Say Thank You to jditoday For This Useful Post:
Thank You (08-09-2015), Thank You (08-09-2015)
Unread 08-09-2015, 09:26 PM   #575
lostdog

thanks jditoday, you made my day!
Thank You (08-09-2015)
Unread 08-09-2015, 10:04 PM   #576
Saint

Hang in there lostdog.

Focus on the important things in life. I have a feeling you know what those are.

Peace,
Saint
Unread 08-09-2015, 10:37 PM   #577
gmasusie

LD, You can do this. You can make a good life for yourself. Keep talking to us. Love, Susie
Unread 08-10-2015, 02:42 AM   #578
Alexis

LD keep leaning on us JD has great advice there, I think we could all do with looking for that sunrise.

Are things any better with your husband?

We love you so much xxx
Unread 08-10-2015, 11:27 AM   #579
R. Lee

LD, Think will get better. We have to do the footwork in life & then be willing to accept life on life's terms.
Unread 08-10-2015, 11:38 AM   #580
gmasusie

LD,

When I was petrified of giving birth, my father said to me, "Susan, remember that half the population gives birth to children. Women have been giving birth in the fields for centuries and then going back to work."

While that was obviously an oversimplification, it did help me to put my fears into perspective.

You can handle anything that life throws at you. Here I am, 67 years old. I quit drinking after 50 years, non-stop. I am living alone for the first time in my life. If I can do this, you can do anything. Love, Susie
One User Says Thank You to gmasusie For This Useful Post:
Thank You (08-10-2015)
Unread 08-10-2015, 12:01 PM   #581
lostdog

I do not like life's terms, I do not like hearing about it. It makes me very depressed, so I am going to make things simple for me and baby step my life. It is the only way, I appreciate all the feedback. I'm going to immerse myself in volunteering and I also have a little foster dog now that came by a while back. Ya'll are good to me.
2 Users Say Thank You to lostdog For This Useful Post:
Thank You (08-10-2015), Thank You (08-10-2015)
Unread 08-10-2015, 02:37 PM   #582
Saint

You are doing the right thing lost dog. One door closes, another opens...

Life is full of possibilities and you are a miracle of one.

Peace,
Saint
Unread 08-10-2015, 04:23 PM   #583
Millie

I'm sorry things are rough for you, lostdog. Sometimes baby steps are just the right thing. Big hug!
Unread 08-10-2015, 05:26 PM   #584
R. Lee

LD, there are a lot of things in sobriety we don't like to hear or do. Who said life was easy? Look around find someone who is worse off that you & help them.
One User Says Thank You to R. Lee For This Useful Post:
Thank You (08-10-2015)
Unread 08-10-2015, 08:16 PM   #585
Tryntryagain

Good evening Lost Dog. Bright blessings to you.

A part from wanting to thank you for helping me in the recent weeks.........i can not let R Lee's letter go.

Isn't it always those that make life look easy, say it aint!

Bless you Both.

Be peaceful, be healthy and be strong. Loveness to you Lost Dog
Tryntryagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-10-2015, 10:00 PM   #586
iamtrying

Hi Lostdog...you know all those filthy rich Bollywood stars with that fame...how many of those took there own life by drugs, alcohol etc...so many of them...point is - money is not everything, it won't save everything...

All we can do is to be at our best...the best we can be than what we were yesterday, than what somebody else is or was...

good day friend...
iamtrying is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-12-2015, 11:29 AM   #587
Alexis

Hope you are well LD?? Let us know when you can xx
Unread 08-12-2015, 01:30 PM   #588
Millie

Hi lostdog. Do you mind checking in when you have a moment? Hope you're doing well...
Unread 08-12-2015, 03:50 PM   #589
lostdog

Hi I'm here Millie and Alexis, How are You? I'm just going to start posting better stuff more positive, because I do not want to think money will fix anything, it doesn't. When you're angry about something it always about something else, control, lies, or whatever. So, I am not drinking today, yay!
I'll get around a little more soon, just got a lot going on. take care and may each one of you have a lovely day!
Thank You (08-13-2015)
Unread 08-12-2015, 11:32 PM   #590
Alexis

Morning LD have a great day! You are the best xx
One User Says Thank You to Alexis For This Useful Post:
Thank You (08-13-2015)
Unread 08-13-2015, 01:53 PM   #591
Millie

Hang in there, lostdog and post about anything - positive, negative, neutral -- whatever works for you. We love you!
One User Says Thank You to Millie For This Useful Post:
Thank You (08-13-2015)
Unread 08-14-2015, 12:04 AM   #592
gmasusie

Money can't fix anything, but when we get sober, and we begin to get control over our lives again (those parts we can control), we find that those problems become less and less stressful. As we spend less on booze, we can spend more on reducing debt, etc. It becomes a positive spiral instead of the negative downward spiral that alcohol takes us down. Just hang in there, LD. It is a great life if you don't weaken!!!! (My dad used to say)
One User Says Thank You to gmasusie For This Useful Post:
Thank You (08-14-2015)
Unread 08-14-2015, 12:04 AM   #593
Saint

Good evening LD. I like your plan. Chin up!
Unread 08-14-2015, 11:30 AM   #594
R. Lee

LD, Glad you are not drinking on the 12th.

How are you doing today?.

Think through that 1st. drink.

Have a great day.
Unread 08-14-2015, 04:21 PM   #595
lostdog

R. Lee I haven't drank in a long time. I'm doing well today, kinda anxious. I applied for a second job and I'm excited about going to get out of the house some. I've got a meeting tomorrow for Highly sensitive people. I will let you know how it goes. This weekend will be especially watchful for me, because I will be alone for several days and that usually gets me into trouble. So check on me if you don't mind. Have a nice weekend.
Unread 08-14-2015, 05:53 PM   #596
Saint

Lostdog,

Perhaps you can make some plans to occupy your time while you will be alone this weekend? Take the opportunity to do something for yourself, something you wouldn't ordinarily do.

Glad to hear it's been awhile since you haven't drank. Stay vigilant and don't set yourself up for that next drink. We can do that... I used to all the time.

Hang in there, you're doing great. One day at a time!

Peace,
Saint
Unread 08-14-2015, 09:26 PM   #597
Alexis

I'm Interested in the meeting LD could you tell me more?

I feel im following Saint around agreeing with him haha but I do agree again with him - try to plan something nice for yourself this weekend, maybe plan a hike with your dog? Take a picnic and a book or notebook? Go to an art gallery and write your thoughts on a piece (then discuss with me haha)

We are here for you as always xxx
One User Says Thank You to Alexis For This Useful Post:
Thank You (08-14-2015)
Unread 08-15-2015, 03:57 AM   #598
Millie

Lostdog, I'm an HSP too. I would love to hear about the meeting. It's one of the reasons I am so tormented about being alone. I need it desperately but can't stand it.

Good luck on the job application, and check in often please! Think of you lots!
Unread 08-15-2015, 07:49 AM   #599
Tryntryagain

Good morning Lost Dog. Bright blessings to you.

Firstly i take my hat off to you for taking on this journey. That may sound patronising, i can assure it is not. I recgonise it as i am on a new journey with this chap Milan i told you about, and funnily enough have had a skyping session with him this morning. I know this is different, yet our intentions to engage with our fears that can disable us in such significant ways, takes, am not sure whether it is courage or what....but it is a different pathway, a challenging pathway that we chose to embark on that for us is very "new" and different. That in itself..is change.

My thoughts and strength with you.

Be peaceful, be healthy and yes...be strong. You have bucketfuls of it. Loveness to you Lost Dog
Tryntryagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-15-2015, 10:32 AM   #600
R. Lee

LD, Have a great day.