Addiction Survivors

Notices

Unread 03-26-2016, 08:52 AM   #1
Jilly

Default Hello

Thank you for advice on starting a new thread. My name is Jilly and I am going through breast cancer for the second time in 10 years. This is a different one. In the meantime my lovely husband has had a heart attack and a brain haemorrhage. He is ok and a big support to me. I think we both drink too much. Yes my liver function tests are abnormal which frightens me. I really would love to chat to you all as I know you have similar problems. I did even venture to AA but did not get on with it.

My very best wishes to you all and sorry for sounding sorry for myself
Jilly is offline   Reply With Quote
4 Users Say Thank You to Jilly For This Useful Post:
Thank You (03-27-2016), Thank You (03-26-2016), Thank You (03-27-2016), Thank You (03-26-2016)
Unread 03-26-2016, 09:58 AM   #2
Tryntryagain

Good afternoon Jilly. Bright blessings to you.

Errrr.....you are not sounding sorry for yourself~~~It sounds like to me that you are a fighter, and you are simply reaching out. THAT contains no self pity.

I am so, so, so glad you are here. Here there are many of us that have experiences and journeys that will be able to support you on your way.

I have to say that your journey sounds bloody awful frankly. I hear that so loud and clear. I feel humbled to write to you.

I am a chap in dear ole Blighty, an alcoholic thankfully sober today. I have recently lost a dear one to cancer, and i know of others in our family who understand the issues of everything you have raised.

Are your LFT readings "high", or have you done more permanent damage to your liver?

Here you will find "oodles" of folk who will run to your aid. We support each other with all we can.

You can be absolutely sure, here, you will find the strength you need. Gosh...i feel for you.

By the way.....welcome!

Be peaceful, be healthy and be strong. Loveness to you Jilly
Tryntryagain is offline   Reply With Quote
One User Says Thank You to Tryntryagain For This Useful Post:
Thank You (03-27-2016)
Unread 03-26-2016, 10:59 AM   #3
Alexis

Jilly, so glad you are here, im sure that you will find it wonderful to be part of this group, we support each other lots

Im so sorry to hear about the cancer, my dad is fighting it at the moment. I hate it.

Please share all you need, no one will ever think you are complaining or feeling sorry for yourself. Just be yourself and we will love you!

Look forward to getting to know you more xx
Alexis is offline   Reply With Quote
2 Users Say Thank You to Alexis For This Useful Post:
Thank You (03-27-2016), Thank You (03-26-2016)
Unread 03-26-2016, 01:53 PM   #4
iamtrying

Hi Jilly,

Welcome to the site. I am working on staying away from drinking too...I would like to share few points, even though you might have read these already...
First, make up your mind to quit and stick to it stubbornly..you are a fighter you can do it. In the end it is your body and you are responsible for it.

Second, tactical, throw all the alcohol away, clean up the house - out of sight out of mind.

Third - Deal with it one day at a time, one moment at a time, it might be harder initially but will get better over time. Never give up.

Fourth - Find activities that will keep busy and find something to do during witching hours of craving...like watch TV - episodes, eat candy, keep yourself full. Never be hungry.

Fifth - Mental state - Try to keep stress low..get away from disturbing situations, drive...

Sixth - Engage yourself on site like this to express freely and get support. Seek AA if you can

This group is my family, they watch my back and they are there when I need them, Unconditionally and non-judgmental..

My 2 cents...Start now.
iamtrying is offline   Reply With Quote
3 Users Say Thank You to iamtrying For This Useful Post:
Thank You (03-26-2016), Thank You (03-26-2016), Thank You (03-27-2016)
Unread 03-27-2016, 12:56 AM   #5
gmasusie

Jilly,

My beloved mother-in-law had breast cancer, and my husband had 6 heart attacks. He was sure that is how he would die, but he died of cancer. My heart goes out to both of you. This is a good place to "spill your guts," to vent, and to know we will not judge. Welcome.

Susie
gmasusie is offline   Reply With Quote
2 Users Say Thank You to gmasusie For This Useful Post:
Thank You (03-27-2016), Thank You (03-28-2016)
Unread 03-27-2016, 11:55 AM   #6
R. Lee

Welcome again Jilly. Sounds like your plate is full. Accepting life on life's terms is not easy. If you want to stop drinking then try thinking through that next urge to drink. iamtrying has made great suggestions so I can not say it any better.

Have a great Easter.
R. Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
One User Says Thank You to R. Lee For This Useful Post:
Thank You (03-28-2016)
Unread 03-27-2016, 05:50 PM   #7
lostdog

Welcome and keep talking, we are a nice group, take care !
lostdog is offline   Reply With Quote
One User Says Thank You to lostdog For This Useful Post:
Thank You (03-28-2016)
Unread 03-28-2016, 09:42 AM   #8
Tryntryagain

Good afternoon Jilly. Bright blessings to you.

How are things going for you? It would be nice to hear from you when you have some time and feel in the right place.

For Tryn there are 2 types of people in life. Those that shout out loud, those that keep quiet.

I am not discerning which one should be. They just are.

In sport, a goal keeper wants to be a striker, a striker really wants to be a goal keeper, a batsman in cricket wants to be a bowler, a bowler...a batsman...... so long as they are in the game.

I am putting my neck out here, yet Tryn could be construed as a "tad loud".

I am so sure that those who happen to be known as having a big mouth, wish they didn't. Then there are those who are so quiet, and they wish they had a mouth that could be heard.

The magic of this family is that however loud, however timid, however easy, however uncomfortable, you will be heard.

I more than understand my dear R Lee when he has saved my future on more than one occasion by simply asking me to accept life on life terms. Sometimes that seems almost laughable. Seriously, "you are joking right?"........

Please let this family love and help you. It is no joke.

Be peaceful, be healthy and be strong. Loveness to Jilly
Tryntryagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-09-2016, 06:15 PM   #9
Jilly

Default Thank you

I am so grateful to be back here. My computer or password were both playing up. . I had a couple of drinks today because I had to go for a brain scan this afternoon, was terrified. I am determined to give up with the help and support of all you lovely people. (Hope you are all doing well by the way). I feel that I am in the right place and will stay in touch now. Love to you all and will log on tomorrow to catch up xxx
Jilly is offline   Reply With Quote
One User Says Thank You to Jilly For This Useful Post:
Thank You (04-09-2016)
Unread 04-09-2016, 06:55 PM   #10
Alexis

Glad you are back Jilly. How was the scan? Hope all is well.

Peace xx
Alexis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-14-2016, 12:28 AM   #11
gmasusie

Keep us posted, Jilly
gmasusie is offline   Reply With Quote