Addiction Survivors

Notices

Unread 08-04-2016, 12:04 PM   #1
bjh86

Post losing friends to heroin

I have recently lost a very very close childhood friend of mine to heroin. I must admit that i never really pictured heroin taking her away from all of us, i just didn't see her letting it win! I have thought about her everyday for hours at a time i cant sit somewhere and day dream about our times together and her laugh, which was wonderful. She was the most cheerful addict i had ever met she could be DT'ing and still smiling and going out of her way to help someone else. She was incredible!! I told her once before how proud i was of her going to school to be a EMT but she couldn't possibly help others while suffering with this type of addiction. I had seen her get clean so many times i knew she could do it, so that was never a question in my mind. Why this time? Why couldn't god let her make it thru hell this time? I think he was tired of seeing her struggle everyday with drugs, work, money and most importantly life! He knew she deserved more he took her to give her relief and rest. That's the only way I can look at what has happened and accept it. I wish there was more help out there for people with addiction. Its all so expensive!! My sons father went to rehab and it was 1,000 dollars a day. Even a drug addict with the hardest addictions cant do 1,000 dollars worth of drugs in a a day! I know that there are some programs out there. But lets just say you cant go away for treatment try going to a out patient rehab with no insurance chuuuuu you are about to sign over your life to them. might as well give them your whole pay check..any way she was such a blessing to have around she had so much planned for her life and if i can finish the things she wasn't given the chance to i will.. i love her with all my heart
bjh86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-06-2016, 05:41 AM   #2
NancyB
Administrator

Oh bjh86, my deepest sympathies to you for your loss, may she rest in peace.

Please take good care of yourself during this time especially.

Nancy
Important disclaimer: Any information in this post is not and does not constitute medical advice under any circumstances. Addiction Survivors, Inc. does not warranty or guarantee the accurateness, completeness, adequacy or currency of the information contained in or linked to the Site. Your use of information on the Site or materials linked to the Site is entirely at your own risk. NEVER take any online advice over that of a qualified healthcare provider. Any information contained on AddictionSurvivors.org should only serve to inspire further investigation with credible, verifiable references sources such as your physician or therapist.
NancyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-28-2016, 08:30 AM   #3
MattC42286

Hi bjh86! Very very well said. Sounds like she was a beautiful person. Ponder on the good times you two had and she will be with you daily. Holla if you need anything! Much love!! -Matt
MattC42286 is offline   Reply With Quote