Addiction Survivors

Notices

Unread 04-20-2017, 01:03 PM   #1
Tiredofaddiction

Default How to convinced argue my support of subs to my attorney

My attorney is against my outpatient treatmemt with suboxoxne and once a week therapy he thinks I should be in patiently I disagree. I was wondering how I can change his way of thinking about the sub treatment for long term recovery? He says believe in God and you will make it well I tried it years ago and it didn't work at all so I'm not doing a bad method again, and he should, I feel, at least try to be on my side and support me and give me time to prove it works before judging. I want to keep my job and stay at home, its working great for me. How to educate my attorney?

P.s. He's a religious man very much.
Tiredofaddiction is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-20-2017, 01:12 PM   #2
NancyB
Administrator

Hi Tiredofaddiction, welcome. In my opinion, your attorney is an attorney. Not a doctor. He should leave your medical treatment to you and your physician. You don't have to convince him of anything. Tell him to concentrate on legal matters and you and your doctor will concentrate on your medical concerns.

If you don't want to go that route, this thread has a lot of educational resources that you can have him read.
http://addictionsurvivors.org/vbulle...ad.php?t=21609

Or maybe it's time for a new attorney?

You keep doing what is right for you and what is working for you!

Nancy
Important disclaimer: Any information in this post is not and does not constitute medical advice under any circumstances. Addiction Survivors, Inc. does not warranty or guarantee the accurateness, completeness, adequacy or currency of the information contained in or linked to the Site. Your use of information on the Site or materials linked to the Site is entirely at your own risk. NEVER take any online advice over that of a qualified healthcare provider. Any information contained on AddictionSurvivors.org should only serve to inspire further investigation with credible, verifiable references sources such as your physician or therapist.
NancyB is offline   Reply With Quote
One User Says Thank You to NancyB For This Useful Post:
Thank You (04-20-2017)