Addiction Survivors

Notices

Unread 03-13-2012, 03:04 PM   #1
krystaalexandria

Default Vacation

I'm going on a pretty long road trip in a few weeks, NY to FL, FL to NC, and NC back to NY. About 10 days. Should I pack my original box with my Rx label on it?
krystaalexandria is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-13-2012, 05:58 PM   #2
nan

Hello krystaalexandria, Sounds like a fun trip! Have a great time!

Per the DEA there is no LAW that says you have to have your prescriptions in the original container. That said, you could be detained, etc, if you would be stopped and they find medications outside of the prescription container. It could end up being a hassle to straighten things out.

To prevent that, carry a copy of your prescription, the dr's name and phone number, along with the number to your pharmacy-if you do not want to take the original container, or box. Pharmacies will also provide you with a "travel" labeled container in addition to your regular container if that would be more convenient.

In this day and age it is important to make sure you have all your documentation to prevent any unnecessary difficulties. Better safe than sorry.

nan
nan is offline   Reply With Quote
2 Users Say Thank You to nan For This Useful Post:
Thank You (03-13-2012), Thank You (03-15-2012)
Unread 03-13-2012, 08:03 PM   #3
NancyB
Administrator

Hi krystaalexandria, nan has the best advice for you. I just wanted to wish you a good trip and safe travels.

Nancy
Important disclaimer: Any information in this post is not and does not constitute medical advice under any circumstances. Addiction Survivors, Inc. does not warranty or guarantee the accurateness, completeness, adequacy or currency of the information contained in or linked to the Site. Your use of information on the Site or materials linked to the Site is entirely at your own risk. NEVER take any online advice over that of a qualified healthcare provider. Any information contained on AddictionSurvivors.org should only serve to inspire further investigation with credible, verifiable references sources such as your physician or therapist.
NancyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-26-2012, 01:03 PM   #4
krystaalexandria

Our trip was fantastic, and I just carried my box of strips in my purse.
krystaalexandria is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-26-2012, 08:28 PM   #5
Kia25

krystaalexandria,

When I went on vacation I brought along the pill bottle with my label on it.
In my area there are so many stories about people robbing pharmacies and police watching pharmacies for people selling that even getting pulled over I'm afraid to have my meds in any container unless my name is on it.

I'm glad you had a good time !