Addiction Survivors

Notices

Unread 06-29-2009, 06:46 PM   #1
Sunny Rae

Unhappy need advice about a new antidepressant

Hi all. hope everyone is well. im still really tired, and not myself. my doc gave me celexa, 20mg per day. ive heard it can make you tired, and gain weight. I am already so tired all the time, i am sitting at work with my eyes trying to close. not good. and weight gain! Christ! (forgive me lord) but i already weigh 245lbs! I cannot afford to gain ANY MORE WEIGHT!!!

any advice would be helpful. o, and hes gonna cut me down by 1/4 or 1/2 tab a day starting next month. eek, kinda scary!
Sunny Rae is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-30-2009, 09:52 AM   #2
csdmommy

Sunny:

How long ago did he start you on Celexa? Most AD's cause some type of side-effect when you first start them, like nausea or lethargy (being tired), but this usually lessens and/or disappears. If he is already cutting your dose, then it sounds like you have been on it at least 1-3 months. Let me know, okay.

-Christy
csdmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-01-2009, 03:54 PM   #3
Sunny Rae

Hi there. No, I just started the AD like 5 days ago. i stopped taking it because I am already so tired, and i have a VERY demanding job, and can't afford to be lethargic. AT ALL! plus, there is a side effect of gaining weight. i weigh 245lbs, and can't afford that. guess ill just remain sad til whenever. Have you ever heard about this Celexa before? good or bad things?
Thank you!
Unread 07-01-2009, 04:04 PM   #4
csdmommy

The only thing I can say is, it usually takes 1-2 weeks for the lethargy to subside. If you want to try again, I would support you to try to stay on it at least 9-10 days. I don't want to sound like I am pushing you or anything, I just want you to get better and feel happy!

I have a family member who takes it and it has done wonders. She attempted suicide 2 times in the past and had no quality of life. She is now married and has a beautiful baby boy. She went back to college, got her Bachelor's, teaches 1st grade and is starting on her Master's. I hope this info helps you, a little, as Celexa helped her get here (especially after my uncle, her father, died 9 years ago, right before she graduated high school).

Smiles from me..................

-Christy
Unread 07-01-2009, 08:08 PM   #5
Sunny Rae

Angry Side effects, AD Celexa & just talking

hi. its just me. the pouty, negitive one on the site. im surprised anyone even listenes to me anymore. i guess im just pouty, and negitive. that just seems to be who i am now.

side effect i am having is retaining water. my ankles look like a prego woman, and im guessing the rest of my body is carying extra water too. i feel like a cow. has anyone else expierenced this? it happened before, and my dr gave me some meds (MORE FREAKIN MEDS!!!) to make me pee a lot, and get rid of it. it sucks.

i tried celexa 25mg for 4 days, then found out that weight gain is a side effect, along with fatigue. i can't be so f'in tired all the Gawd damn time! thats why ive always used drugs to begin with! Im fat, tired, and you make me more tired, im gonna get high! Damn! I don't know if my dose of suboxone is too high, and that is why im so tired, but i can barely keep my eyes open.

im so tired of being so fed up all the time. i need to get all of this disgusting fat off my body, and i would feel better, but my ankle is all fuc#%^ up so that makes things difficult. i just wish things were different for me.

any input about celexa or the water retension would be great. thanks

sunny

btw, i know i sound like a fool the way i ramble on about the negative stuff, and i sound immature, and a selfish horrible person. Im just venting.
i feel like crap today, and i can't STAY AWAKE!!! WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH ME!! DAMN IT! IM ONLY 30 YEARS OLD, AND I SHOULDN'T BE THIS TIRED ALL THE TIME. i could just cry...i don't know how much longer i can do this
Unread 07-01-2009, 11:00 PM   #6
NancyB
Administrator

Hi Sunny Rae, sometimes people get swelling as a reaction to the naloxone in Suboxone. What you can try doing to see if might be the naloxone is to spit out the saliva after the pill is dissolved instead of swallowing it.

As for you dose, if you think it may be causing fatigue, ask your doctor about reducing down 2 or 4 mg and see if that helps. Most reductions aren't noticed for a couple/three days because of the long halflife, so it might not be an immediate thing.

Nancy
Important disclaimer: Any information in this post is not and does not constitute medical advice under any circumstances. Addiction Survivors, Inc. does not warranty or guarantee the accurateness, completeness, adequacy or currency of the information contained in or linked to the Site. Your use of information on the Site or materials linked to the Site is entirely at your own risk. NEVER take any online advice over that of a qualified healthcare provider. Any information contained on AddictionSurvivors.org should only serve to inspire further investigation with credible, verifiable references sources such as your physician or therapist.
NancyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-01-2009, 11:02 PM   #7
dawnny

sunny, i think you are depressed, that makes you really tired. i dont know anything about that medicine, but drink alot of water, to get rid of it, start some kind of exercising, try to do some when you wake up, and when you go home go for a walk i really do think you are depressed. snap out of it. you remember that movie moonstruck. well she said that all the time. you have to get in some kind of diffrent routine thats gona make you happier, get out of this slump. how much sub are you on? i think you said 16mg, im not sure, im on that and im ok. take some b12, it will give you some energy and some ginseng. stop thinking you are a piece of crap, you are not, you should be proud of yourself. are you having cravings? you are just not happy, you need to do things that are gona make you happy. start by trying to lose some weight, that seems to make you very unhappy. just try to remember how unhappy you were before always high all the time, yeah we thought we were happy but we really werent. just hang in there, we are the only one that can change our disposition in life, we can make our own happiness or break it, you can do it. your friend dawnny
dawnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-01-2009, 11:14 PM   #8
csdmommy

Sunny:

I'm not sure if you saw the other post I left you about the Celexa. I know you were only taking it 5 days and quit because of the lethargy, but if you could try it for 8-10 days I think you would see a big difference. Celexa will cause these side effects for 1-2 weeks until your body adjusts.

After 8-10 days, you should notice the lethargy and water retention reducing and gradually disappearing. After 12-14 days, your depression symptoms start to also lessen.

This is why you have to give the medication time to adjust in your system. 5 days will not have any beneficial effects at all.

I hope this helps.

-Christy
Unread 07-02-2009, 02:26 AM   #9
kwolf

Dear Sunny Rae,

I completely understand about the fatigue. I also get the worst sweats. I talked to my doctor and he said this was normal side effects.He told me that he could put me on a medicine that reduces my sweats, but that medicine has a huge side effect of heat stroke(I decided to NOT take more medicine.) I switched my dose time from in the morning around 8am to around 5 pm (I take the first one) and then around 2 am I take the other. I usually wake up to pee or with my children at that time of night. It has made me feel so much better. I am not craving during the day and I also have energy. I would never recommend doing this unless you have spoken with your doctor. Some doctors are different. I also have a girlfriend that is on Suboxone and she just switched her dosage time and she also feels a lot better. I hope everything works out for you. Remember that you don't have to have that desperate feeling today. You don't have to use today. Easy does it.

Katie Wolf
kwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-02-2009, 08:42 AM   #10
chnmnny

Hi Sunny

I've never taken celexa, but have been on many anti-depressants, all of which started out with negative side effects which always subsided and I felt better always in the long run. You do though have to give them a chance to build up in your system.

Hang in there, it will be worth it

Steve

P.S. It is extremely important not to stop them on your own. Some of them can cause withdrawal
chnmnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-02-2009, 08:56 AM   #11
deanna

Sunny Im sorry you are feeling so terrible. I just went through a rough patch myself and realized I have to be proactive and do something about my situation. Staying busy with doing things you like to do helps sooo much! Have you talked to your doctor about how you feel? Or your conunselor? They can help you figure out why you are feeling so down and help you. Maybe you are on too high of a dose(like someone else said)? I know thats how I knew when to lower my dose. A few days after I did, my energy came right back. I also get a b-12 shot every month when I see the doctor. It helps alot for energy and increasing your metabolism. And its safe.
As far as the weight problem goes, a friend of mine is going to weight watchers and she really likes it. Maybe you could give that a try? You would meet new people and maybe develop new friendships along the way. I understand how you feel down about being overweight, I was for a time in high school and I was so self concious(sp) and miserable. I eventually lost the weight and have kept it off. So....you can too!!!
I hope some of this helps. It WILL get better, if you MAKE it betterDeanna
deanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-02-2009, 09:13 AM   #12
chnmnny

Sunny

I wish I remermbered the quote verbatim, but the jist is if you wake up feeling you're going to have a bad day, you will rarely dissapoint yourself

Steve
chnmnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-02-2009, 11:56 PM   #13
Steve61

Hi Sunny. Sorry to hear you have found your groove yet, but I'm sure you will. You seem very determined. I have taken Celexa. I dont remember exactly what the problem was but I now have it listed under allergies for lack of a better place along with Lexapro. The 2 that work for me are Wellbutrin which actually has a weight loss side effect and Zoloft (not at the same time of course). On Wellbutrin now and seem to be doing all right. Zoloft was 5 years ago. Hope that helps. Hang in there and take care - Steve
Steve61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-05-2009, 11:18 PM   #14
dawnny

sunny you disappeared again. i know you said you cant get on the computer alot, but i hope you are doing ok. check in will ya.did you have a nice 4th of july. hope so, is the medicine starting to work? let us know. my sister in law died this evening, she had cancer since january 09. my husband is really upset. i will be there for him if he needs me. i wil miss her to, she was a good women. well let us know how you are doing talk to you later
Unread 07-06-2009, 12:11 AM   #15
Sunny Rae

Hey all. i hope everyone is doing well. I turned 30 on the 3rd, and remained sober! I am going to remain sober in this decade. my 20's were hell, and i am sure that my 30's will be better. i am still feeling depressed, and sleep a lot. I stopped taking celexa, but started again 2 days ago. i think im gonna ask my dr about wellbutrin. my cousin is on that one and she likes it. Dawnny-- i am so sorry to hear about the loss of your family member. there is nothing worse than dealing with a death in the family. it puts things in perspective in regards to my poutty attitude about things. my prayers are with you and your family.

i really hope that i find something for my sadness. im also on prazosin for my nightmares, not sure if i told you all that yet. i am still running through crazy horror situations while i sleep. i had a dream last night my face was burnt off, and i couldn't find anyone to help me. i wish my head would just stop. it makes for a horrible night every night.

Steve, i appreciate and understand your comment about my thoughts on how my day will go if i think it that way. you are right, and i really need to try harder to adjust my thought process.

I AM GOING CAMPING THE WEEK OF JULY 13 through the next sat. i won't have a computer with me in the woods...

my dr is also gonna cut my dose back next visit. im ready i think. we will see?!

have a good night all )
Unread 07-07-2009, 12:27 AM   #16
dawnny

sunny, im glad you are going camping, that medicine you are on did you see somebody told you it takes 2 or 3 weeks for it to start working. so hang in there. you remember when i told you think positive from the start and your day will be a good day. think about cutting down, make sure you are ready, there is no rush on any of this. have a great time camping. by the way i hate camping, i rather have a hotel. your friend dawnny
Unread 07-07-2009, 04:56 AM   #17
csdmommy

dawnny:

LOL about the hotel! My dad always said his idea of roughing it was a hotel room without cable!

-Christy
Unread 07-07-2009, 10:25 AM   #18
dawnny

yeah christy thats me too. i cant be bothered with that camping, dont like the bugs.
Unread 07-14-2009, 03:18 PM   #19
janie

Sunny...

Hiya!! I know you're out camping right now, but I wanted to post this to ya quick!!

I've taken Celexa in the past. I didn't really experience much weight gain. But I did have water retention. My ankles and feet would be HUGE! My job as a CNA kept me on my feet a helluva lot which didn't help. Especially when I'd get mandated! All I could do was reduce my sodium intake (this was a BIG help), keep my feet up when I was able to rest. I only took the Celexa for about 3(?)months. I stopped taking it not because of any side effects, but because I didn't feel that it was helping me with my depression. I've been taking Wellbutrin (150mg twice a day) now. I LOVE IT!! I've yet to have any side effects from it. And I've actually lost weight since I started taking it!! Wellbutrin is also prescribed to people to help them quit smoking, too. And so, I've noticed that I haven't been smoking as much as I did before I started taking it!

Hope y'all had a great time camping!!!!

*~Janel~*
janie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-14-2009, 10:18 PM   #20
Steve61

Hi Janel. My experience with Wellbutrin was just the same as yours. Lost 25 lbs in less than 2 months. Seems to work well for the depression and I did use it to quit smoking. That lasted about 3 months and then I thought I didn't need the meds anymore. I started smoking again and feeling depressed. I'm back on it now, 200 mgs a day, and feel great again. Haven't tried to quit smoking again yet but don't smoke near as much as I did before I quit. Especially my first 2 months on Sub. I smoked like crazy.

Anyway I learned how important the meds( Sub & WB) are as a part of my recovery and healing. Haven't been able to lose the 10lbs I put back on though. Damn guess I'll have to work at it now! LOL. It was like magic before. Not now.

I don't know if we've talked before so nice to meet you and take care.

Steve
Steve61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-15-2009, 02:29 PM   #21
janie

Steve...

Hi! Nice to meet you too!! Glad you had such success with the Wellbutrin. I have a doctor appointment today, and am planning on asking if maybe I should lower my Sub dose (I'm on 32mg daily since March) and/or increasing the WB or changing it altogether. I just feel horrible! I have absolutely NO ENERGY WHATSOEVER!!! I'm not tired or anything, I just have no "get up and go", ya know what I mean?

I know what you mean about smoking like a fiend when you started Sub! I did it too! It's like, OK, I gotta calm my nerves somehow without taking my DOC to do it!!

Hey, I'll take those 10lbs!! I could use em! Since I started Sub and WB I went down to 118lbs (from 149lbs.). I'm 5'11" and so it don't quite look right to me, lol!

Well...hope to talk to you soon! Take care!!!

~Janel
janie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-14-2009, 09:58 PM   #22
NoLongerSufferingWI

Please be EXTREMELY cautious with Celexa + Suboxone. There are extreme drug interactions and can cause seizures. I learned this because I have a history of seizures and my doc tried to put me on Celexa to help with my ADHD. Also, I REFUSE to take it not only because of the seizures but also due to the fact that while I took it when I was 16, it caused the serious side effect of Suicidal thoughts/actions. I really wish that the doctors who deal with Suboxone would do a bit more research on the interactions and actually take into account the patients medical history. There are many other antidepressants to try that don't have those side effects that you are wary/afraid of. Wishing you well with your progress,
-Jennifer
Unread 09-14-2009, 10:45 PM   #23
Christine0120

I have been on anti-depressants for many, many years. I found that you really have to try a few to see which one 'fits' you. My doctor prescribed me Paxil, which made me sleep all day long, and frankly not care about anything. I tried Celexa, and didn't have any issues, but after being on it a long time, felt it stopped working. I now take Zoloft, and I love it. No side effects at all for me. Give it about a month or two, before giving up. You need to give the drug time to work, along with Suboxone. If you don't mind, what is your current dose of the anti?
Christine
Christine0120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-14-2009, 11:40 PM   #24
nan

Hi Jennifer, I am not aware of any documentation that shows "extreme drug interactions and can cause seizures" when taking celexa and suboxone. If you can please put the link on here showing where you came up with that it would be helpful.

Where I understand you may have had a bad reaction to the medications it might not be true for all. That is why unless there can be referenced documentation we have to be careful with what we say, or rather how we say it. I do agree that we must always be cautious when taking multiple medications-oftentimes a pharmacist will be most helpful in letting us know about any drug interactions-they work with the drugs a lot more than the drs. Best wishes,

Nan
nan is offline   Reply With Quote
One User Says Thank You to nan For This Useful Post:
Thank You (09-14-2009)
Unread 09-17-2009, 03:20 AM   #25
NoLongerSufferingWI

Nan, when I started Suboxone as an inpatient, I recieved a packet of about 20 pages of information which is where I found the interaction. I will try to find a scanner so I can put that information up online as I cannot find that same information anywhere on the internet. I also believe it would be helpful to many to get information from as many different sources as possible. I am also aware that medications do interact differently according to the patients, so I understand where you are coming from and greatly appreciate your input. I just thought my experiences may be helpful to others as they are looking for what other people think. But overall, a physician's suggestions and knowledge should be put over anyone's opinions.
Unread 09-17-2009, 08:41 AM   #26
NancyB
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoLongerSufferingWI View Post
Nan, when I started Suboxone as an inpatient, I recieved a packet of about 20 pages of information which is where I found the interaction. I will try to find a scanner so I can put that information up online as I cannot find that same information anywhere on the internet. I also believe it would be helpful to many to get information from as many different sources as possible. I am also aware that medications do interact differently according to the patients, so I understand where you are coming from and greatly appreciate your input. I just thought my experiences may be helpful to others as they are looking for what other people think. But overall, a physician's suggestions and knowledge should be put over anyone's opinions.
Hi Jennifer, I've checked the PIs for both Celexa and Suboxone and looked for any other interaction warnings and found nothing in either regarding interactions

Suboxone: http://www.fda.gov/ohrms/dockets/doc...emc0004-09.pdf

Celexa: http://www.accessdata.fda.gov/drugsa...046s015lbl.pdf

Celexa does have a 'black box warning' for all anti-depressants and young adults and suicidality:

"Suicidality and Antidepressant Drugs
Antidepressants increased the risk compared to placebo of suicidal thinking and behavior (suicidality) in children, adolescents, and young adults in short-term studies of major depressive disorder (MDD) and other psychiatric disorders. Anyone considering the use of Celexa or any other antidepressant in a child, adolescent, or young adult must balance this risk with the clinical need. Short-term studies did not show an increase in the risk of suicidality with antidepressants compared to placebo in adults beyond age 24; there was a reduction in risk with antidepressants compared to placebo in adults aged 65 and older."

One other thing is that some drug interaction sites such as this one:
http://www.drugs.com/drug_interactions.php

can scare anyone with the number of interactions with other meds they list.
For example, I plugged in aspirin, which has been around forever and look at the it generated below.

So, the medication that is most dangerous mixed with Suboxone or any other respiratory depression is benzos - and that is in large quantities and when combined with other respiratory depressants such as alcohol.

I hope this helped.

Nancy

Other drugs that interact with aspirin

Major Interactions
acetaZOLAMIDE, acetaZOLAMIDE extended release, adefovir, Advil, Advil Childrens, Advil Junior Strength, Advil Liquigel, Advil Migraine, Advil Pediatric, anisindione, Aptivus, ardeparin, Arixtra, Arixtra 10 mg/dose, Arixtra 5 mg/dose, Arixtra 7.5 mg/dose, Azopt, BabyBIG, Bexxar Dosimetric, Bexxar I 131 Dosimetric, Bexxar I 131 Therapeutic, BexxarTherapeutic, botulism immune globulin, brinzolamide ophthalmic, Carimune, Childrens Ibuprofen Berry, cidofovir, Clexane, Clexane Forte, Coumadin, Cytogam, cytomegalovirus immune globulin, dalteparin, danaparoid, Daranide, dasatinib, desirudin, Diamox, Diamox Sequels, dichlorphenamide, dicumarol, dorzolamide ophthalmic, drotrecogin, drotrecogin alfa, enoxaparin, FK506, Flebogamma, FluMist, Folex PFS, fondaparinux, Fragmin, Gamimune N 10%, Gamimune N 5%, Gammagard, Gammagard S/D, Gammar-P I.V., Gamunex, Genpril, Glauctabs, Haltran, Hepsera, ibritumomab, Ibu, IBU-200, Ibu-4, Ibu-6, Ibu-8, Ibu-Tab, ibuprofen, Ibuprofen PMR, immune globulin intravenous, In-111 Zevalin, Indocin, Indocin SR, indomethacin, indomethacin extended release, influenza virus vaccine, live, trivalent, Innohep, iodine I 131 tositumomab, Iprivask, Iveegam En, Jantoven, ketorolac, Lovenox, Lovenox HP, Menadol, methazolamide, methotrexate, Methotrexate Sodium, Preservative Free, Midol IB, Midol Maximum Strength Cramp Formula, Miradon, Motrin, Motrin Childrens, Motrin IB, Motrin Infant Drops, Motrin Junior Strength, Motrin Migraine Pain, Motrin Pediatric, MZM, NeoProfen, Neptazane, Normiflo, Nuprin, Octagam, Orgaran, Panglobulin, Panglobulin NF, Pediacare Fever, Polygam S/D, Privigen, Prograf, Q-Profen, Rapamune, Respigam, respiratory syncytial virus immune globulin, Rheumatrex Dose Pack, Rufen, Saleto-200, Saleto-400, Saleto-600, Saleto-800, Sandoglobulin, sirolimus, sodium biphosphate, Sprycel, tacrolimus, tenofovir, tinzaparin, tipranavir, Toradol, Toradol IM, Toradol IV/IM, tositumomab, Trexall, Trusopt, Venoglobulin-S 10%, Venoglobulin-S 5%, Viread, Vistide, warfarin, Xigris, Y-90 Zevalin

Moderate Interactions
5-ASA, A-Hydrocort, A-Methapred, Abbokinase, Abbokinase Open-Cath, abciximab, Accolate, Accupril, Aceon, Acetocot, acetoHEXAMIDE, Acid Relief, Aclasta, Acova, Actidose-Aqua, Actidose-Aqua Advance, Activase, Activated Charcoal, Activated Charcoal with Sorbitol (obsolete), Active Carbon, Actron, Acular, Acular LS, Acular PF, Adalat, Adalat CC, Adbeon, Adlone-40, Adlone-80, Adrenocot, Adrenocot L.A., Afeditab CR, Aflaxen, Aggrastat, alatrofloxacin, alcohol, alcohol, ethyl, Aleve, Aleve Caplet, Aleve Easy Open Arthritis, Aleve Gelcap, Alimta, Alka-Mints, Alkets, Alkums, Aloh-Gel, Alpha E, alpha tocopherol, Altace, alteplase, Alternagel, Alu-Cap, Alu-Tab, aluminum carbonate, aluminum hydroxide, Amaryl, amikacin, Amikin, Amikin Pediatric, Amilac, Amino-Opti-E, Amitone, amlodipine, Amphojel, Anafranil, Anaprox, Anaprox-DS, Ancobon, anistreplase, Ansaid, Anturane, Apidra, Apidra OptiClik Cartridge, Apidra SoloStar Pen, Apresoline, Apriso, Aqua-E, Aquasol E, Aquavite-E, Aqueous Vitamin E, Arava, Aredia, argatroban, ARI Sodium Iodide (I123) 1-12 MBq, ARI Sodium Iodide (I123) 100-750 MBq, Aristocort, Aristocort For Injection, Aristocort Forte, Aristopak, Aristospan Injection, Asacol, Asacol HD, Atacand, Avapro, Avelox, Avelox I.V., Azmacort, Azulfidine, Azulfidine EN-tabs, balsalazide, Baraclude, Basaljel, Baycadron, benazepril, Benicar, bepridil, Beta-Phos/AC, betamethasone, betamethasone acet-betamethasone na phosphate, betamethasone sodium phosphate, Bextra, Bondronat, Boniva, bromfenac, bromfenac ophthalmic, Bubbli-Pred, Cal Oys, Cal-Gest, Calan, Calan SR, Calcarb, Calci Mix, Calci-Chew, Calcitab, calcium carbonate, Calcium Concentrate, Calcium Liquid Softgel, Calcium Oyster, Calcium Oyster Shell, Caltrate, Caltro, Cambia, Canasa, Canasa Pac, candesartan, Capoten, captopril, Carbomix, Carbosorb X, Cardene, Cardene IV, Cardene SR, Cardioquin, Cardizem, Cardizem CD, Cardizem LA, Cardizem Monovial, Cardizem SR, Cardoxin, Cartia XT, Cataflam, Cathflo Activase, Celebrex, celecoxib, Celestone, Celestone Phosphate, Celestone Soluspan, Celexa, Cell-U-Jec, Centrum Singles-Vitamin E, Char-Flo with Sorbitol (obsolete), Charcoaid, Charcoaid 2000, Charcoaid-G, charcoal, Charcoal Plus DS, Charcocaps, Charcodote, Charcodote (obsolete), Charcotabs, Charcotrace, Chem Mart Nasal Decongestant Capsule, chlorproPAMIDE, Chooz, Cidomycin, cilostazol, Cinobac, cinoxacin, Cipro, Cipro Cystitis Pack, Cipro I.V., Cipro XR, ciprofloxacin, ciprofloxacin extended release, citalopram, Citra pH, Citrate-Phos-Dex, Clinacort, Clinalog, Clinoril, clofarabine, Clolar, clomiPRAMINE, clopidogrel, Colazal, Colocort, Comfort Pac with Naproxen, Concentrated Phillips Milk of Magnesia, Cort-K, Cortastat, Cortastat 10, Cortastat LA, Cortef, Cortenema, Cortifoam, cortisone, Cortone Acetate, Cotolone, Covera-HS, Cozaar, cycloSPORINE, Cymbalta, Dalalone, Dalalone D.P., Dalalone L.A., Daypro, ddI, De-Sone LA, Decadron, Decadron 5-12 Pak, Decadron Phosphate, Injectable, Decadron-LA, Decaject, Decaject L.A., Dehydrated Alcohol, Deltasone, Dep Medalone 80, Depacon, Depakene, Depakote, Depakote ER, Depakote Sprinkles, Depmedalone, Depo-Medrol, Depo-Predate (obsolete), Depoject-80, Depopred, desvenlafaxine, Dewees Carminative, Dexacen-4, Dexacort Phosphate in Respihaler, Dexacort-LA, Dexacorten, dexamethasone, dexamethasone acetate, Dexamethasone Intensol, dexamethasone sodium phosphate, Dexasone, Dexasone LA, dexfenfluramine, Dexone, Dexone LA, DexPak 10 Day Taperpak, DexPak 13 DayTaperpak, DexPak 6 DayTaperpak, Dexpak Jr. Taperpak, DiaBeta, Diabinese, Dialume, Dicarbosil, diclofenac, diclofenac ophthalmic, diclofenac potassium, diclofenac sodium, diclofenac sodium extended release, diclofenac topical, didanosine, didanosine delayed release capsule, Didronel, Didronel I.V., diflunisal, Digitek, digoxin, digoxin capsule, dihydroxyaluminum sodium carbonate, Dilacor XR, Diltia XT, diltiazem, diltiazem 24 hour extended release, diltiazem extended release, Diltiazem Hydrochloride CD, Diltiazem Hydrochloride SR, Diltiazem Hydrochloride XR, Diltiazem Hydrochloride XT, Diltzac, Diovan, Dipentum, divalproex sodium, divalproex sodium extended release, Dolobid, dong quai, drospirenone, duloxetine, DurAct, Duralone, Dymelor, Dynacirc, Dynacirc CR, E Pherol, E-400 Clear, EC-Naprosyn, Effexor, Effexor XR, Effient, Elmiron, Eloxatin, enalapril, enalaprilat, enoxacin, entecavir, eplerenone, epoprostenol, eprosartan, eptifibatide, Equilet, escitalopram, ethanol, Ethyl Alcohol, etidronate, etodolac, etodolac extended release, Eucarbon, Ex-Lax Milk of Magnesia, Extra Strength Mylanta Calci Tabs, EXUBERA, EXUBERA Combination Pack 12, EXUBERA Combination Pack 15, EXUBERA Kit, EZChar, Factive, Feldene, felodipine, felodipine extended release, fenfluramine, fenoprofen, FIV-ASA, Flector Patch, Flo-Pred, Flolan, Florinef Acetate, Floxin, Floxin I.V., flucytosine, fludrocortisone, fluoxetine, fluoxetine extended release, flurbiprofen, flurbiprofen ophthalmic, fluvoxamine, fluvoxamine extended release, fosinopril, Garamycin, garlic, Garlic Oil, gatifloxacin, gemifloxacin, Gengraf, gentamicin, ginger, Ginger Root, Ginger(obs), gingko, Gingko Biloba, ginkgo, Ginkgo Biloba, ginseng, glimepiride, glipiZIDE, glipiZIDE extended release, GlipiZIDE XL, Glucotrol, Glucotrol XL, glyBURIDE, glyBURIDE micronized, Glynase PresTab, grepafloxacin, Healthstream Activated Charcoal, hemin, Hep-Lock (obsolete), Hep-Pak (obsolete), Hep-Pak CVC (obsolete), heparin, Heparin Lock Flush (obsolete), Hexadrol, Hexadrol Phosphate, Hofels Ginger One A Day, Humalog, Humalog Cartridge, Humalog KwikPen, Humalog Pen, Humulin L, Humulin N, Humulin N Pen, Humulin R, Humulin R (Concentrated), Humulin U, Hydeltra-T.B.A., Hydeltrasol, hydrALAZINE, hydrocortisone, hydrocortisone acetate, hydrocortisone cypionate, hydrocortisone hemisuccinate, hydrocortisone sodium phosphate, Hydrocortisone Sodium Succinate, Hydrocortone, Hydrocortone Phosphate, ibandronate, Icar Prenatal Chewable Calcium, Iletin II Lente Pork, Iletin II NPH Pork, Iletin II Regular Pork, Iletin Lente, Iletin NPH, Iletin Regular, iloprost, imipramine, imipramine pamoate, Inspra, Insta-Char, insulin, insulin analog, insulin aspart, insulin aspart protamine, insulin detemir, insulin glargine, insulin glulisine, insulin inhalation, rapid acting, insulin isophane, Insulin Lente Pork, insulin lispro, insulin lispro protamine, Insulin Purified NPH Pork, Insulin Purified Regular Pork, insulin regular, insulin zinc, insulin zinc extended, insulin, lente, insulin, NPH, insulin, ultralente, Integrilin, Iodotope, irbesartan, Isoptin, Isoptin I.V., Isoptin SR, isradipine, isradipine extended release, J.L. Bragg's Medicinal Charcoal, Kabikinase, kanamycin, Kantrex, Karbons, Ken-Jec 40, Kenaject-40, Kenalog-10, Kenalog-40, ketoprofen, ketoprofen extended release, ketorolac ophthalmic, Key-Pred, Key-Pred SP, Kinlytic, Lanoxicaps, Lanoxin, Lantus, Lantus OptiClik Cartridge, Lantus Solostar Pen, Leader Naproxen Sodium, leflunomide, Lente insulin, lepirudin, Levaquin, Levaquin Leva-Pak, Levemir, Levemir FlexPen, Levemir InnoLet, Levemir PenFill, levofloxacin, Lexapro, Lialda, Liqui-Char, Liqui-Char with Sorbitol (obsolete), Liquid Pred, lisinopril, Lodine, Lodine XL, lomefloxacin, losartan, Losospan, Lotensin, Lowsium, Luvox, Luvox CR, M-PREDNISolone, Maalox Antacid Barrier, Maalox Childrens', Maalox Quick Dissolve, Maalox Quick Dissolve Extra Strength, Maalox Quick Dissolve Maximum Strength, Maalox Regular Strength, Mag-200, Mag-Carb, Mag-Ox 400, magaldrate, MagGel, magnesium carbonate, magnesium hydroxide, magnesium oxide, magnesium trisilicate, Maoson, Mavik, Maxaquin, meclofenamate, Meclomen, Med-Jec-40, Medicoal, Medicort, Medidex, Medidex LA, Medipred, Medralone, Medralone 40, Medralone 80, Medrol, Medrol Dosepak, mefenamic acid, meloxicam, Meridia, mesalamine, mesalamine extended release, Mesasal Enteric Coated, Methacort 40, Methacort 80, Methylcotol, Methylcotolone, Methylpred DP, methylPREDNISolone, methylPREDNISolone acetate, MethylPREDNISolone Dose Pack, methylPREDNISolone sodium succinate, Meticorten, Mg hydroxide, Mg oxide, Micardis, Micronase, Midol Extended Relief, Milk of Magnesia, Millipred, Millipred DP, milnacipran, Minipress, Mobic, moexipril, Monopril, moxifloxacin, Mylanta Child, nabumetone, Nalfon, nalidixic acid, Naprelan '375', Naprelan '500', Naprelan '750', Naprosyn, naproxen, naproxen sodium, Naproxen Sodium DS, naproxen sodium extended release, nateglinide, Nebcin, Nebcin Pediatric, Neggram, Neoral, nepafenac ophthalmic, Nephro Calci, netilmicin, Netromycin, Neut, Nevanac, niCARdipine, niCARdipine extended release, Nifediac CC, Nifedical XL, NIFEdipine, NIFEdipine extended release, nimodipine, Nimotop, nisoldipine, norfloxacin, Norit, Noroxin, Norvasc, Novolin L, Novolin N, Novolin N Innolet, Novolin N PenFill, Novolin R, Novolin R Innolet, Novolin R PenFill, NovoLog, NovoLog FlexPen, NovoLog PenFill, NPH insulin, Nutr-E-Sol, Ocufen, ofloxacin, olmesartan, olsalazine, Oncaspar, Optimum Charcoal, Orapred, Orapred ODT, Orasone, Orinase, Orudis, Orudis KT, Oruvail, Os-Cal, Os-Cal 500, oxaliplatin, oxaprozin, Oysco 500, Oyst Cal, Oyst Cal 500, Oyster, Oyster Cal, Oyster Cal 500, Oyster Calcium, Oyster Shell, oyster shell calcium, Oyster Shell Calcium 500, pamidronate, Panhematin, paroxetine, paroxetine extended release, paroxetine mesylate, Paxil, Paxil CR, Pediapred, pegaspargase, pemetrexed, Penetrex, Pentasa, pentosan polysulfate sodium, Pepto Children's, perindopril, Pexeva, Pharmacia Carbosorb, phenylbutazone, Phillips Milk of Magnesia, Phillips' Cramp-free, piroxicam, Plavix, Plendil, Pletal, Pondimin, Ponstel, potassium citrate, Prandin, prasugrel, prazosin, Pred-Ject-50, Predacort 50, Predacorten, Predaject-50, Predalone 50, Predate-50, Predcor, Predicort RP, Predicort-50, Prednicen-M, Prednicot, prednisoLONE, prednisoLONE acetate, prednisoLONE sodium phosphate, prednisoLONE tebutate, predniSONE, Prelone, Pri-Cortin 50, Primethasone, Prinivil, Pristiq, Procardia, Procardia XL, Proquin XR, prostacyclin, protamine zinc insulin, Prozac, Prozac Weekly, Quin-G, Quin-Release, Quinaglute Dura-Tabs, quinapril, Quinidex Extentabs, quinidine, quinidine extended release, Quinora, ramipril, Rapiflux, Raxar, Reclast, Redux, Refludan, regular insulin, Relafen, Relion Novolin N, ReliOn/Novolin R, Remodulin, Reopro, repaglinide, Retavase, reteplase, Ri-Mag, Riopan, rofecoxib, Rolaids Sodium Free, Rolaids Soft Chew, Ron Acid, Rowasa, salicylamide, Salofalk, Sandimmune, Sarafem, Savella, Selestoject, Selfemra, Septopal, sertraline, sibutramine, Skelid, sodium acetate, sodium bicarbonate, sodium citrate, sodium iodide I-123, sodium iodide-I-131, sodium lactate, sodium valproate, Solaraze, Solu-Cortef, Solu-Medrol, Solurex, Solurex LA, sparfloxacin, Starlix, Stavzor, Sterapred, Sterapred DS, Streptase, streptokinase, streptomycin, Sular, sulfasalazine, Sulfazine, sulfinpyrazone, sulindac, Super Calcium, suprofen ophthalmic, Surpass, Surpass Extra Strength, TAC 3, Taztia XT, telbivudine, telmisartan, tenecteplase, Tequin, Tequin Teqpaq, Teveten, Tham, TheraTears Nutrition (obsolete), Tiazac, Ticlid, ticlopidine, tiludronate, tirofiban, tissue plasminogen activator, Titralac, TNKase, Tobi, tobramycin, tocopherol, Tofranil, Tofranil-PM, Tol-Tab, TOLAZamide, TOLBUTamide, Tolectin, Tolectin 600, Tolectin DS, Tolinase, tolmetin, TPA, Tramacort-D, trandolapril, treprostinil, Triam-A, Triam-Forte, triamcinolone, triamcinolone acetonide, triamcinolone diacetate, triamcinolone hexacetonide, triamcinolone ophthalmic, Triamcot, Triamonide 40, Tricitrasol, Triesence, Trilog, Trilone, Tristoject, tromethamine, trovafloxacin, Trovan, Tums, Tums 500, Tums E-X, Tums Extra Strength, Tums Kids, Tums Ultra, Twin-K, Tyzeka, U-Tri-Lone, Ultra Mylanta Calci Tabs, Ultralente insulin, Univasc, Uro-Mag, Urocit-K, urokinase, valdecoxib, valproic acid, valsartan, varicella virus vaccine, Varivax, Vascor, Vasotec, Velosulin BR, venlafaxine, venlafaxine extended release, Ventavis, verapamil, verapamil 24 hour extended release, verapamil extended release, Verelan, Verelan PM, Veripred 20, verteporfin, Videx, Videx EC, Vioxx, Visudyne, Vita-Plus E Natural, vitamin E, Voltaren, Voltaren Ophthalmic, Voltaren Topical, Voltaren-XR, Xibrom, zafirlukast, Zagam, Zagam Respipac, Zestril, zingiber, zoledronic acid, Zoloft, Zometa, Zometa Concentrate

Minor Interactions
acebutolol, Aciphex, Aldactone, Alert, Amphadase, Aricept, Aricept ODT, atenolol, B-3-50, B3-500-Gr, Benemid, Betapace, Betapace AF, Betapace AF(obsolete), betaxolol, bisoprolol, Blocadren, Brevibloc, bumetanide, Bumex, Bystolic, Cafcit, Caffedrine, caffeine, caffeine extended release, capsaicin, capsicum, carteolol, Cartrol, carvedilol, carvedilol extended release, Cerebyx, chamomile, cholestyramine, Cholestyramine Light, clove, Coreg, Coreg CR, Corgard, DDAVP, DDAVP Nasal, DDAVP Rhinal Tube, Demadex, Demadex I.V., Deponit, desmopressin, desmopressin nasal, dexlansoprazole, Di-Phen, Diaqua-2, Dilantin, Dilantin Infatabs, Dilantin Kapseals, Dilantin-125, donepezil, Edecrin, Edecrin Sodium, esmolol, esomeprazole, ethacrynic acid, fenugreek, feverfew, fosphenytoin, Fulvicin P/G, Fulvicin U/F, furosemide, Grifulvin V, Gris-PEG, Grisactin 250, Grisactin 500, Grisactin Ultra, Griseofulicin, Griseofulvic, griseofulvin, griseofulvin microsize, griseofulvin ultramicrosize, hyaluronidase, Hydase, Hylenex, Inderal, Inderal LA, InnoPran XL, Kapidex, Keep Alert, Kerlone, labetalol, lansoprazole, Lasix, Levatol, Lo-Aqua, Lopressor, Lucidex, matricaria, metoprolol, metoprolol extended release, metoprolol succinate, Metoprolol Succinate ER, metoprolol tartrate, Minirin, Minitran, nadolol, nebivolol, Nexium, Nexium I.V., niacin, niacin extended release, Niacin SR, Niacor, Niacor B3, Niaspan ER, Niaspan ER Starter Pack, Nico-400, Nicobid Tempules, Nicolar, Nicotinex, Nicotinic Acid, Nitrek, Nitro TD Patch-A, Nitro-Bid, Nitro-Bid IV, Nitro-Dur, Nitro-Par, Nitro-Time, Nitrocot, Nitrodisc, Nitrogard, nitroglycerin, Nitroglyn E-R, Nitrol, Nitrol Appli-Kit, Nitrolingual, Nitrolingual Duo Pack, Nitrong, Nitroquick, Nitrostat, No Doz, NoDoz Maximum Strength, Normodyne, NTG, omeprazole, pantoprazole, penbutolol, Pep-Back Peak Performance, Phenytek, phenytoin, phenytoin extended release, Phenytoin Sodium, Prompt, pindolol, Prevacid, Prevacid I.V., Prevacid SoluTab, Prevalite, Prevalite Packets, Prilosec, Prilosec OTC, probenecid, propranolol, propranolol extended release, Protonix, Protonix IV, Questran, Questran Light, Questran Light Packets, Questran Packets, rabeprazole, Sectral, Slo-Niacin, Sorine, sotalol, Sotalol Hydrochloride AF, Sotalol Hydrochloride AF(obsolete), spironolactone, Stat Awake, Stay Alert, Stay Awake, Stimate, Tenormin, timolol, Toprol-XL, torsemide, Trandate, Tridil, turmeric, Verv, Visken, vitamin B3, Vitrase, Vivarin, Wakespan, Wydase, Zebeta, Zegerid (Original Formulation)
Important disclaimer: Any information in this post is not and does not constitute medical advice under any circumstances. Addiction Survivors, Inc. does not warranty or guarantee the accurateness, completeness, adequacy or currency of the information contained in or linked to the Site. Your use of information on the Site or materials linked to the Site is entirely at your own risk. NEVER take any online advice over that of a qualified healthcare provider. Any information contained on AddictionSurvivors.org should only serve to inspire further investigation with credible, verifiable references sources such as your physician or therapist.
NancyB is offline   Reply With Quote