Addiction Survivors

Notices

Unread 02-06-2011, 02:01 PM   #1
Carlos

Default Signed the Cure not war, Viena Declaration

I don't think we all need to know what this is all about. Most of use who
have been addicted but we did not know how to quite have had difficutlies, socialy and even economically, in our way to being stigmatized and discriminated against. We are not alone and we know there are a lot
of people out there that do not have the same opportunities as we have had. I believe this is all for our own good.

Take Action Vienna Declaration - Vienna Declaration
shar.es
The Vienna Declaration was written for and is shared by everyone who supports humane and scientifically-grounded drug policies based on evidence, not ideology.

I would apprecited if you pass this to other related Message Boards.
Carlos is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-11-2011, 10:02 AM   #2
Carlos

This is very important to us all, please take a look at it and pass it on to other message boards related.
Unread 02-11-2011, 03:58 PM   #3
theswan

I'm for it and signed it.

My pet peeve for years has been the racist drug war waged on the poor.

Glen
theswan is offline   Reply With Quote
One User Says Thank You to theswan For This Useful Post:
Thank You (02-12-2011)
Unread 04-18-2011, 05:34 PM   #4
Carlos

There is about 20,000 who have signed this proclamation worldwide, that seem like a very small group of people.

For almost a year now we have been working with people around the world to strengthen the global movement for drug policy based on science, not ideology.
Today over 20,000 people have endorsed the Vienna Declaration.

We have been amazed by the support and enthusiasm of people like you from all around the globe. To capture that energy, we asked some of our most outspoken supporters for their thoughts on the Declaration's call for evidence-based drug policy reform.

Click here to listen to what they have to say.

Some stories are inspiring and others remind us of the very real obstacles facing drug policy reform. Taken together, these six videos remind us why everyone must join together and commit to overcoming these challenges.

We are halfway to AIDS 2012. Share these videos and help us make an impact.

The biennial International AIDS Conferences are the largest HIV/AIDS-related gatherings in the world. Next year the AIDS 2012 conference is being held in Washington DC – the birthplace of the ‘War on Drugs’. Join us in sharing these videos with friends and networks as we begin building towards to this major event.

Using email, Facebook, and Twitter to promote our shared commitment to evidence-based drug policies, we will continue to make our voices heard and help drug policy reform become a reality.

Thank you for your endorsement and your continued support. We look forward to working with you over the next year as we build towards AIDS 2012.

All the best,

The Vienna Declaration Team
www.viennadeclaration.com
Unread 05-13-2011, 12:02 PM   #5
theswan

Good luck

The drug war prison/law enforcement/political machine will not easily be derailed-Intellegence and common sense have little to do with a money making scheme.

I am not that smart but seems to me there are horrible despots the world over yet we only fight wars where there is a value $$ Iraq, oil, Libya, oil etc then Afganistan I asked why? is it really Al Quada? Nah, Opium is a billion dollar crop-Whoops there it is!

American politics suck

Glen
theswan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-05-2012, 01:21 PM   #6
Carlos

Quote:
Originally Posted by theswan View Post
Good luck

The drug war prison/law enforcement/political machine will not easily be derailed-Intellegence and common sense have little to do with a money making scheme.

I am not that smart but seems to me there are horrible despots the world over yet we only fight wars where there is a value $$ Iraq, oil, Libya, oil etc then Afganistan I asked why? is it really Al Quada? Nah, Opium is a billion dollar crop-Whoops there it is!

American politics suck

Glen
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't underestimate yourself. You certainly sounded smart enough to give
a reasonable answer. I have a bit of agreement with you. I do not have any special contact with any Intelligent Agency, but certainly Afghanistan
bumper crop is being sold and bought and big money is being made. Apparently the Afghanis President's brother has his finger on that pie and
I am sure he is not the only one making money on the Opium trade.

I remember when the Bush Administration placed ads in the Super Bowl
making claims that if you buy drugs you were supporting terrorism. Or some nonsense like that. The good one was when they told us that some
80 or 90% of all the Opium grown in Afghanistan was grown by the Taliban
and Al Qudar. What they failed to tell us was, who was growing the other
10 or 20%... our bodies the Northern Alliance. That was how they supported their purchase of arms and supplies, etc. Big money in drugs,
but there is big money in drugs the whether it is legal or illegal.

When prohibition was repeal back in 1930s. They were sure that once
it would be legalized there was going to be an tremendous increase of
drunks and alcoholism problem. For whatever reason, if I remember correctly the consumption of alcohol actually went down substantially.
Seems like deprivation or fear of not having would create a lot more
purchase and consumption than when one know and feels safe that
alcohol was going to be available just by walking to your local liquor store and not wait to you sneak into the speak easy.