Addiction Survivors

Notices

Unread 09-08-2007, 09:33 PM   #1
calls

Default Need support

Hey I just found this sight and could really use some suppot. I am not interested in going to AA but could use the help from people who know what I am going through. I am not a everyday drinker just a binge drinker. When i start drinking I will drink for a couple days then go back to my regular routine. I hate the fact I cant drink normal like everyone else. I do not really know how to fix the problem because I always seem to find a reason to go on one of my benders. I am looking into starting counseling so hopefully that will help but I though doing something constructive at home might help, like getting support through this web sight.
calls is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-09-2007, 12:04 PM   #2
Willow76

thats exactly how i feel. i binge drink on some weekends then go back to work as usual on the weekdays. except i called in sick too many day and now i am on the borderline of being fired. and if that happens my mom is threatening to put me in treatment because thats what both her brothers and neice died from. i understand where she is coming from but also its my life and i wish she would just stay out of it. Is that how you feel also?
Willow76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-23-2007, 12:59 AM   #3
CASEY

Hi Calls,

I read your letter and I think it is a good idea to go to someone, maybe a Therapist. Someone you can talk to and they cannot repeat a word you say.
You sound like you have some stuff to deal with and you use alcohol instead of feeling them.
I wish you the best of luck!
Been there and I am back and better than ever! And I have not drank in a very long time.
Take Care!
Casey
CASEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-08-2007, 05:17 PM   #4
av545

hello, I drink every day almost every day now for the past 2 years. I'm 45, when I was younger at age 20 I quite for 10 years and went back to drink...stop for another seven years and here I'm again. Its not an excuse I use for the fact that I lost a son on november 2006. When he died I was not drinking. I did with help of my higer power. I know I can't stop again, if I can find a sponsor that could support and with the help of my higer power, i know it could be done. Maybe it will be help if I go to some a a meeting couple of times during the day and why not through the hole week. I'm married, my wife has a good heart. She has put with all my bull crap, I have three childre that adore me....I don't want to loose. Do you have some advise?
av545 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-08-2007, 05:37 PM   #5
Melony55

av545,
I would certainly go to some meetings ASAP and go to different ones so you are exposed to more people. Finding a good match is key. I started Al-anon a few weeks ago and it has been a big help for me, my hubby has a drinking problem. Also your doctor may be able to treat you with new medications that have come out the last few years, they're not a cure but help make it a little easier. Making the decision to end this life of addiction is the first and most important step, Congratulations!!
Melony [:X]
Melony55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-08-2007, 06:10 PM   #6
SLynn

av545

You are on the right track and know what to do. Since the last time you quit, there are other options for you like medications. Also, have you ever found the root cause of your drinking?

Stacey
SLynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-08-2007, 11:06 PM   #7
av545

Thank you Melony and Stacey for resondig to my need. I just went to a meeting at 12:00 pm and I will to second one at 5:30. I got my a sponsor and bought the 12 step book, I will call it my bible. Thank for your support.

armando
av545 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-09-2007, 12:33 AM   #8
SLynn

Good job, Armando.

You sound very determined. If you have done it before, I feel like you can do it again. You know what to do.

Again, do you know why you drink? Have you ever seen a therapist or psychiatrist as to why you may be drinking so much?

If you find you are struggling, keep these options in mind as well as medication assisted therapy.

Stacey
Unread 10-09-2007, 05:31 PM   #9
letgoletgod

Just a note of encouragement Armando. I'm glad that you made the decision to do something positive for yourself by going to some meetings. Support is a wonderful thing.

Susan
letgoletgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-09-2007, 07:20 PM   #10
SLynn

Armando

How was your day today?

Stacey
Unread 10-12-2007, 10:01 PM   #11
CASEY

Hi Call's,
Haven't heard from you in awhile , I hope everything is well!
Have a Nice Weekend!
Casey
Unread 10-13-2007, 10:28 AM   #12
eveeey

Hello,
I'm new to this site. I'm a 43 yr.old mother to 4 teenagers...No they're not why I drink (lol)They are what's best in my life. I bendge drink,and have for 4 years now,I've recently began going to a counsilor.
I had a big scare this past Thurs & Fri. I began drinking late Thurs. night and continued through out Fri. Until I tripped and fell,spliting my chin, and dislocating my jaw.I really hurt myself,and I am so ashamed.I'm scared.
I'm alone most of the time,and I think it's by choice,I have no desire to know anyone anymore...I am new to the area I live in now....So not knowing anyone is easy.
I feel really bad for my husband,I know it hurts him when I drink,But that all goes to the wind,when I get it into my mind "I have to drink."
Thanks for letting me vent a little here.~Eve
eveeey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-13-2007, 06:19 PM   #13
CASEY

Hi Eve,
It sound's like you are on the right track with getting help, the best thing you can do with that help is be VERY TRUTHFUL w/them. ( the best part , they are stranger's and you can tell them anything and they cannot say a thing. Were as if you tell a family member they tend to harp on it any chance they get, an bug the H#$@ out of you, and then of course it is alway's thrown in your face in the way of them thinking they are helping you when in reality they are making it worse.
When you come here we over our opinion's and advice, and you can do what you want with it.
Good Luck!!
Casey
Unread 10-14-2007, 08:27 AM   #14
eveeey

Thanks Casey,
I know what you are saying about family expecially those who are closest.It is a lot easier to talk to non-related persons,and I've never really had a problem with being truthful...sometimes to a fault...though sucking up the shame you feel as you are talking to them can be hard at times.Thnaks for your reply,and God Bless you!~Eve
eveeey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-14-2007, 02:54 PM   #15
CASEY

Eve,
I was glad to help, if you need anymore incouragement just write!
I now how hard it is to tell a Therapist everything, but it is the only way to for the Therapist to know where you are at. And help you!!
Good Luck,
Casey