Addiction Survivors

Notices

Unread 01-24-2015, 02:56 PM   #1
MikaB_1989

Default The daily struggle of no energy!

I was just wondering? I am a past user of opiates as well as some other drugs however have been clean from that stuff and have been using only suboxone for the past fifteen months. I know it's a terrible struggle withdrawing from drugs and to me one of the worst parts of not having drugs ad being clean and the withdraws is that it seems like days after says not having energy never gets any better no matter what I do seems like I can never get enough sleep and never have enough umph in me to feel like doing the everday things a person does on day to day basis. The suboxone helps but still is nothing like before. Does anyone have any suggestions or tips on anything that might help with this tired all the time and droggie feeling all the time? As far as suboxone it has been a life saver and helps me so much with all other things that comes with addiction I just can't get over the tired fatigue feeling all the time
MikaB_1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-24-2015, 04:56 PM   #2
NancyB
Administrator

Hi MikaB_1989, there are a couple of responses in your other thread about this.

http://www.addictionsurvivors.org/vb...ad.php?t=29819

Nancy
Important disclaimer: Any information in this post is not and does not constitute medical advice under any circumstances. Addiction Survivors, Inc. does not warranty or guarantee the accurateness, completeness, adequacy or currency of the information contained in or linked to the Site. Your use of information on the Site or materials linked to the Site is entirely at your own risk. NEVER take any online advice over that of a qualified healthcare provider. Any information contained on AddictionSurvivors.org should only serve to inspire further investigation with credible, verifiable references sources such as your physician or therapist.
NancyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-14-2015, 05:06 PM   #3
T Dong

I've had the same problem. I never have the energy to do ANYTHING. I've come to accept it and have tried to make my life as easy as possible, but I still have to work. I just call myself very lazy, but in truth it's more than that. If I could recommend anything that helps, I would. But unfortunately I have yet to find it.
T Dong is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-14-2015, 05:35 PM   #4
nan

Hello T Dong, Just wondering what dosage are you taking? Sometimes when the dose is too high folks do lose energy. Something to think about anyways. Tell us more if you want. Best wishes,

nan
nan is offline   Reply With Quote
One User Says Thank You to nan For This Useful Post:
Thank You (06-14-2015)
Unread 07-14-2015, 10:55 AM   #5
Keepyaheadup

Wow I wish I had the answer to this I tried cutting back my dosage and it got worse if anything. I do what I know I have to but even stopping at the store on my way home from work seems like a pain in my mind. I force myself to do things and take my kids out as much as I can but even that is a battle for me to drag myself out of the house. I've been on subs and drug free otherwise for 5 years and it seems to keep getting worse. Only thing I have left to try is getting off subs now as well so I'm cutting back. Subs truly did save my life but now more than anything I feel my family has to deal with it since I'd rather not leave the house unless I have to and I hate that my problems are holding them back. Any answers would be appreciated. Thanks
Keepyaheadup is offline   Reply With Quote
One User Says Thank You to Keepyaheadup For This Useful Post:
Thank You (07-25-2016)
Unread 07-14-2015, 04:27 PM   #6
NancyB
Administrator

Hi Keepyaheadup, what dose are you at and for how long have you been at that dose? When you reduced your dose how much did you reduce to?

Thanks.

Nancy
Important disclaimer: Any information in this post is not and does not constitute medical advice under any circumstances. Addiction Survivors, Inc. does not warranty or guarantee the accurateness, completeness, adequacy or currency of the information contained in or linked to the Site. Your use of information on the Site or materials linked to the Site is entirely at your own risk. NEVER take any online advice over that of a qualified healthcare provider. Any information contained on AddictionSurvivors.org should only serve to inspire further investigation with credible, verifiable references sources such as your physician or therapist.
Unread 07-14-2015, 05:09 PM   #7
Keepyaheadup

I was taking 2 8s for over 5 years then the past couple years I just have no energy if it's not something I have to do like work I just never want to leave the house. I dropped to 6 twice a day now but didn't have much effect one way or the other I'll probably go to one 8 soon but am worried it'll just make the laziness worse. That combined with my doctors office seems to be turning into a clinic like the nightmare methadone clinic I was in before this. I see a new dr every month anymore and im actually here now been here for going on 3 hours. I think I just need to suck it up and get off of them it's past time now I just hope I can keep up with my very active job. That's really my biggest concern quiting is work. Basically I support our family myself so I'll just have to make it work since keeping on them seems to be draining me now anyway. I'll keep watching the taper thread for tips and hopefully I'll be clean sooner rather than later.
Keepyaheadup is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-14-2015, 06:44 PM   #8
NancyB
Administrator

Hi again, I think you might be able to go right to 8mg a day. Especially since you've been on 16 for so long and going to 12 didn't help. Many people here have cut the dose very easily from 16 to 8 and actually felt so much better. If you still don't feel better at 8, and are not having cravings and withdrawals, then you could try 4mg.

One thing to think about is getting a full physical with bloodwork. Or have you ever been diagnosed with depression before.

Just please try not to be afraid of reducing some more. 16mg, even 12mg is generally a pretty high dose, especially after 5 years. So many others have done reductions like that and were very thankful they did.

Fingers crossed it works for you, if you decide to give it a try.

Nancy
2 Users Say Thank You to NancyB For This Useful Post:
Thank You (06-02-2019), Thank You (07-14-2015)
Unread 08-18-2015, 02:10 AM   #9
Oxy Nazi

Anytime i start getting more side effects as: neck aches, headaches, laziness, feeling agitated, waking up with numb hands and the list goes on...cutting my dose is the #1 thing that seems to help.
I'm down to 1 1/2 mg a day but feel its time to go down again soon.
I do dose 3 times a day. I know its not the proper way...but its something I've done since day 1......5-6 years ago.
Unread 09-03-2015, 08:54 AM   #10
MattC42286

Hi mikab_1989 i too once had that problem but that ship has since sailed. Just hang in there and things will get better. Hope this helps... Good luck!! -Matt
MattC42286 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-22-2015, 06:48 PM   #11
laman78

I have the same problem being tired all the time. It takes all I have to get through a 8hr day and when I get off I'm done just want to stay home and lay around. I did some blood work and found my T level is really low so I've been taking shots for that also hopefully it helps just been about a month that I'm taking shots. I do feel a little better just would be nice to be back to normal again. I've take 2 8mg a day for the last 3 year's and it saved me.

Last edited by laman78; 09-22-2015 at 06:53 PM..
laman78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-11-2016, 07:03 AM   #12
VEGA357

I know the no energy feeling well myself, but for me I only get it if I take too little of my subutex. It's horrible and I understand what people say about feeling like a burden to your family and holding them back because you never want to do anything. I shouldn't say want because you do want to just enjoy life and precious moments with your kids doing activities together. This effect is debilitating and it's the single biggest reason I've taken buprenorphine for over ten years now. if I have to take it the rest of my life to have the energy to be a good dad then I'll pay that price. It's just that their seems to be no other remedy to this no energy thing I've been trying for over ten years now , I've gone months before and that feeling just never goes away it's absolutely relentless. So I've always just gone back to the subs. It's not the perfect solution I wish I could be like all the regular people of the world going about their business drug free but if staying on subs is what I have to do then you do what you have to do. I'm just resigned to it now.
VEGA357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-14-2017, 11:20 PM   #13
ironman

I have been on it the same amount of time as you and feel/think the exact same way as you. I've reduced to 1 mg am and 1 mg pm but the only improvement has been with the constipation. Like you say, if it keeps you alive and on the straight and narrow, I guess its worth it.
ironman is offline   Reply With Quote