Addiction Survivors

Notices

Unread 11-23-2013, 07:21 PM   #1
annacw

Default ok i cnt take it anymore

i have headaches all the time i itch constantly i wake up every morning at 4 am for no reason im sick to my stomach way more than i wanna admit i puke at least twice a day an i fall asleep all the time thro out the day an when i tell my dr about this she tells me take more these r withdraw syptoms an i dnt wanna take anymore i wanna take the bare min but shes just pressuring me to take more an i dnt wanna get hooked then what was the point in this u know
annacw is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-23-2013, 07:38 PM   #2
NancyB
Administrator

Hi annacw, how much are you taking now? With all due respect to your doctor, it still sounds like you're not in withdrawals, but need to be taking less. Maybe she hasn't run across this before or something.

Have you looked at your pupils in regular light lately to see if they are big, small or normal?

Nancy
Important disclaimer: Any information in this post is not and does not constitute medical advice under any circumstances. Addiction Survivors, Inc. does not warranty or guarantee the accurateness, completeness, adequacy or currency of the information contained in or linked to the Site. Your use of information on the Site or materials linked to the Site is entirely at your own risk. NEVER take any online advice over that of a qualified healthcare provider. Any information contained on AddictionSurvivors.org should only serve to inspire further investigation with credible, verifiable references sources such as your physician or therapist.
NancyB is offline   Reply With Quote
One User Says Thank You to NancyB For This Useful Post:
Thank You (11-23-2013)
Unread 11-23-2013, 08:02 PM   #3
annacw

thank you for replying so fast nancy b she has me on 8mg strips an i take 1 an a half strips in a day it sarted out ok but ya here i am the itching is whats getting me the most an the puking the headaches r there but no over welming yet
Unread 11-23-2013, 08:17 PM   #4
nan

annacw, I agree with NancyB it sounds like a lower dose would be the best thing to try now. If you lower your dose, say cut out the half-strip, it will take a few days for your body to adjust to lower dose. Suboxone has a long half-life which means that it is slow to leave your body. That is why a dose reduction is not felt immediately. Sleepiness is almost always a sign that the dose is too high.

Also, it is important that you drink lots of water-dehydration can cause headaches and other ill feelings. So that is something you can try also. I know it might feel discouraging to not be feeling so well, but it is very important that you keep trying because this is a treatment that you really need.

I hope you do try a couple of things and that tomorrow you will be feeling some better. Keep us informed and stay the course. There are solutions.

nan
nan is offline   Reply With Quote
One User Says Thank You to nan For This Useful Post:
Thank You (11-23-2013)
Unread 11-23-2013, 09:17 PM   #5
annacw

oh more thing nancy b my pupils r normal but the itchy ness is driving me insane any sugestions on that ? thank u nan i have been drinking water alot of it but the sleepyness only comes when i sit still like on the computer or watching tv im also wondering if i could be allergic to the nalox in my suboxone maybe thats whats causeing the constant itching
Unread 11-23-2013, 10:15 PM   #6
NancyB
Administrator

Hi again, the itchiness and tiredness could both be from too high of a dose - some people get itchy like that when they've taken too many opiates. The most common reactions to the the naloxone are hives and swelling. When others have had that same tiredness - especially when sitting down - a lower dose is what helped.

What happens with Suboxone is that it builds up in your system because of the halflife. So today you not only have the 12mg you took, but also 6mg from yesterday, 3mg from the day before, etc.

Think about doing what nan suggested and only taking the full strip tomorrow. The beauty about trying a lower dose is that you can always go back 1 or 2mg if that's not the problem.

In my opinion 12 mg could be more than you need - especially when you were taking 6 or 7 7.5 lortabs a day before starting Suboxone. When you look at this link: http://www.ems1.com/ems-products/Amb...PAP-Drug-Whys/
it says:
Dosing and Administration — For moderate to moderately-severe pain in adults, initial oral dosing is one 7.5/500 tablet of hydrocodone/APAP every four to six hours as needed, not to exceed eight tablets in any 24-hour period. Alternatively, one or two 5/500 tablets can be given every four to six hours as needed, also not to exceed eight tablets over 24 hours. Dose adjustment is based on pain severity and patient response. The limiting factor is the APAP — healthy adults should not ingest more than 4 grams (4,000 milligrams) of acetaminophen per day.

You were still under the maximum suggested and you probably would feel better on less bupe. With buprenorphine, less is more - opposite of full agonists.

I hope that helps.

Nancy
Important disclaimer: Any information in this post is not and does not constitute medical advice under any circumstances. Addiction Survivors, Inc. does not warranty or guarantee the accurateness, completeness, adequacy or currency of the information contained in or linked to the Site. Your use of information on the Site or materials linked to the Site is entirely at your own risk. NEVER take any online advice over that of a qualified healthcare provider. Any information contained on AddictionSurvivors.org should only serve to inspire further investigation with credible, verifiable references sources such as your physician or therapist.
Thank You (11-23-2013)
Unread 11-23-2013, 11:14 PM   #7
annacw

ok nacy b an nan ill give it a try 2morro an ill keep u updated this suboxone stuff is so agrivating i hope it gets better soon
Unread 11-24-2013, 06:48 AM   #8
NancyB
Administrator

Hi annacw, I think once you get at your correct dose, things will get a lot better. Then you'll just take the medication once in the morning and not think about it until the day when you need to take it again. Just remember to give it a couple of days because the long halflife needs to work it's way out.

Let us know how it goes. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Nancy
Thank You (11-24-2013)
Unread 11-25-2013, 01:23 PM   #9
NancyB
Administrator

Hi annacw, just wondering how you're doing. Let us know when you have time.

Nancy
Unread 11-25-2013, 06:20 PM   #10
annacw

im doing good i talked to my dr an im having a allergic reaction to the type of suboxone she has me on so she gave me some cream for the itching an im taking benodryle an she is getting me a new meds in a couple of weeks when my insurance will allow it so for now its one strip cut up into 4ths an taken thro out the day because of my stomache but the new meds should take care of all the probs im having because of the way she said its dosed an different stuff in it but any who thank u for checking on me i realy apreciate it it shows u guys care about ppl an realy helping and supporting us but i will update u when i start the new meds
Unread 11-25-2013, 07:15 PM   #11
NancyB
Administrator

Hi annacw, if you're having a reaction to the naloxone in Suboxone, you could try not swallowing any saliva and spitting it out once the film is dissolved. There have been many people here that did that and it helped a lot.

I'm also glad she lowered your dose to 8mg. That in itself might help too. She can either prescribe you generic Subutex - which is buprenorphine and no naloxone. The other medications are generic Suboxone and Zubsolv but those both have naloxone in them, so that wouldn't help if you're allergic.

Hopefully you'll feel better really soon!!

Nancy
Thank You (11-26-2013)
Unread 11-26-2013, 09:31 AM   #12
annacw

ya i know subutex would help but my dr wnt perscrib it untill she has tried everything else an i tried the saliva thing spiting it out but it dnt always work but ill keep at it see if i can get it right
Unread 04-09-2015, 07:01 PM   #13
sonshinelolo

Default self taper

Moved to new thread:
http://www.addictionsurvivors.org/vb...ad.php?t=29924
sonshinelolo is offline   Reply With Quote