Addiction Survivors

Notices

Unread 08-23-2014, 02:56 AM   #1
Carey

Unhappy jacked up sleeping patterns

I don't know if this is from the crohns disease or from the suboxone, but for the last couple of months I haven't been able to sleep during normal hours. I take 2mg suboxone strips 3X a day, my first is at 4am, 2nd is around 10 or 11am, & by 12 I'm in bed until 9-10pm, I just cannot stay awake during the day so I'm up all night, even if I force myself to go to bed at 2am, I still sleep all day & the cycle starts over again!!!
What can I do other than force myself to stay awake???
Carey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-23-2014, 06:59 AM   #2
NancyB
Administrator

Hi Carey, do you notice any correlation between the time you take your Suboxone each time and you start getting really tired? Just wondering if it's dose/time related to start.

Nancy
Important disclaimer: Any information in this post is not and does not constitute medical advice under any circumstances. Addiction Survivors, Inc. does not warranty or guarantee the accurateness, completeness, adequacy or currency of the information contained in or linked to the Site. Your use of information on the Site or materials linked to the Site is entirely at your own risk. NEVER take any online advice over that of a qualified healthcare provider. Any information contained on AddictionSurvivors.org should only serve to inspire further investigation with credible, verifiable references sources such as your physician or therapist.
NancyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-24-2014, 12:42 AM   #3
asouth32

I have alot of trouble keeping my sleeping patterns straight as well. I am a night owl anyway, but when you have a job coming up its crucial to get my patterns back to sleeping of the night instead of the daytime. A few weeks back, my husband and I were sleeping all day and up all night.
It doesn't bother me so much if he is working a second shift job because I like to stay on his hours when he works. I told him with this job we got coming up if we get put on third shift somehow, that would be awesome. We are so used to staying up all night and sleeping all day. I try to keep myself busy up during the day that way I sleep more of the night.
Now if you get your days and nights mixed up, I find its best to stay up completely and the next night its usually easier to go to sleep and then you can get back on track. I used to take a mild sedative close to bedtime and then I would sleep in the night and be up in the morning like normal.
I love when he worked at the factory in town, he had to be up at 6am and he was usually in bed by 10pm of the night. Its hard to force yourself to stay awake and it sounds like your system is affected by crohn's already so that might have something to do with it. Only 6mg a day, doesn't sound like you would be overdoing the dosage to cause drowiness but everyone's system works differently.
asouth32 is offline   Reply With Quote