Addiction Survivors

Notices

Unread 10-14-2013, 12:12 AM   #1
Hector

Default im going for a upper GI.

HELLO. I have a few questions . A few years ago I had a ulcer in my stomach an I had to go through four surgerys to fix the problems .so every year my GASTRO.DR goes in an checks out my stomach.so in a few weeks I go again for a upper GI. this will be the first time I go on suboxone .will I have any problems with the anesthesia. are do I need to find out what kind thay use .I think its local anesthesia.
Hector is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-14-2013, 05:52 AM   #2
theswan

I am not a doctor but have had an upper done. They gave me a local spray and that was it. I recall it tasted horrible and had a "bubblegum" taste.
I doubt this spray will have any untoward effects upon the Suboxone

Glen
theswan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-14-2013, 01:36 PM   #3
julie48

HI Hector: NO, the suboxone will not affect the anesthesia, as it is not an opiate. I did my research and spoke with my doctor as I have surgery coming up in about four weeks (hysterectomy) and I am being put out. Don't worry and much luck. Also, I go for spinal injections every few moths or so and I am given a twilight anesthesia and again, the subs (which I am on for well over three years) do not affect it. It'll be fine, but if you are really worried, speak to your doctor. Julie
julie48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-17-2013, 08:31 PM   #4
slave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hector View Post
HELLO. I have a few questions . A few years ago I had a ulcer in my stomach an I had to go through four surgerys to fix the problems .so every year my GASTRO.DR goes in an checks out my stomach.so in a few weeks I go again for a upper GI. this will be the first time I go on suboxone .will I have any problems with the anesthesia. are do I need to find out what kind thay use .I think its local anesthesia.
I suggest you be honest either way and let them know you are taking sub.
slave is offline   Reply With Quote