Addiction Survivors

Notices

Unread 04-05-2012, 10:12 PM   #1
bmysr

Question Wake up with stiff joints.?

Just want to know if anyone else experiences stiffness in the joints when you wake up during the night or in the morning..
bmysr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-06-2012, 06:29 AM   #2
NancyB
Administrator

Hi bmysr, there are a couple of things to look at first. Sometimes things that were masked by full agonists surface when patients start Suboxone, so you want to make sure that there's nothing wrong in that way. Another thing is that some people sleep in the same position all night and becomes stiff because of that.

Does it happen every day?

Nancy
Important disclaimer: Any information in this post is not and does not constitute medical advice under any circumstances. Addiction Survivors, Inc. does not warranty or guarantee the accurateness, completeness, adequacy or currency of the information contained in or linked to the Site. Your use of information on the Site or materials linked to the Site is entirely at your own risk. NEVER take any online advice over that of a qualified healthcare provider. Any information contained on AddictionSurvivors.org should only serve to inspire further investigation with credible, verifiable references sources such as your physician or therapist.
NancyB is offline   Reply With Quote
One User Says Thank You to NancyB For This Useful Post:
Thank You (06-28-2012)
Unread 04-06-2012, 06:37 AM   #3
Kia25

Default Stiff back

Yes, it happens to me. But like Nancy said, if I sleep on my back for a long time, I wake up in a HUGE amount of pain, I just figured it was from my back surgery and notice if I try to sleep on my side, I don't have that problem when I wake up.
I, therefore, don't think my pain has to do with Suboxone
Thank You (06-28-2012)
Unread 05-08-2012, 01:11 AM   #4
JJ11907

I have the same issue. I think it's something that happens over time from chronic abuse. I noticed it started happening a few months before I decided to get help. It got really bad, could barely walk when I got out of bed but now with my taper and down to a low dose of 2.5mlg it's betting a little better. Still wondering if it will ever go away...
JJ11907 is offline   Reply With Quote
One User Says Thank You to JJ11907 For This Useful Post:
Thank You (06-28-2012)
Unread 06-26-2012, 08:44 PM   #5
jerseygirl

Yes, i absolutely have the tingling arms, swollen hands, swollen fingers, swollen face, and horrible shoulder/elbow joint pain. It started three days after I started Suboxone. My doctor says its not from that but I've been reading all of your comments and I believe it is. When they started me on 8 mgs I couldn't even lift a half gallon of milk but I am down to 1Mg , still the pain but its a little better. There is something to this as I am in a lot of pain. I am going off and will repost when/if I feel better. Then we will know for sure.
jerseygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
One User Says Thank You to jerseygirl For This Useful Post:
Thank You (06-28-2012)
Unread 06-28-2012, 09:27 PM   #6
bmysr

No not every day. Just sometimes.
bmysr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-28-2012, 11:59 PM   #7
JJ11907

I started my Taper a few months agao and I'm now down to 1mlg a day and mine started to get better around 8 mlg I think. I have it sometimes but it for the most part has gone away.
JJ11907 is offline   Reply With Quote
One User Says Thank You to JJ11907 For This Useful Post:
Thank You (07-10-2012)
Unread 08-06-2013, 02:07 AM   #8
Joshyrocker

Um yeah, I had this problem on Suboxone so damn bad plus a destroyed sex drive, worse even than my sex drive on heroin. Suboxone doctors, psychiatrists in general are so under educated on their knowledge of Suboxone its a all such a joke. I switched over to Methadone. I've been off and on heroin since 2001, with my longest period of sobriety from 2007 to 2010. I'm so thankful beyond belief for Methadone. My body and joint aches due directly to lame Suboxone is now gone, my cravings are completely gone on 60 mgs of methadone, and my libido thank God, is back. Bottom line is whatever med works for the individual...it's so completely subjective, thank God for both medicines because one or the other, along with truly wanting sobriety, are life savers!
Joshyrocker is offline   Reply With Quote