Addiction Survivors

Notices

Unread 04-21-2012, 02:36 PM   #1
Redefining_Life

Unhappy Vomiting after two months?

I feel this is the best place for me to post my question.

I've been on Suboxone (films) for almost 11 weeks. I know that if I didn't have it, I would've gone back to opiates, and am very thankful that I have been able to stay "clean". (I reserve sober for the people who can do it without medication as my dad is a sober alcoholic and has been for 25+ years...) Anyway, I have only had minor side effects like constipation and weird sleeping, but it hasn't been bad until this week. I am on 20-24 Mg a day; a lot of times I have cravings if I only take 20mg. I vomited on Thursday, have had constant nausea since then, and vomited again today on Saturday. It will be that time of the month soon (sorry guys) and I haven't had that yet, so there might be a correlation. Should I call my doctor? I can tolerate the nausea, but the vomiting freaks me out. I hate that I'm puking, Suboxone has been a wonder drug for me so far, and I don't understand why this is happening all of a sudden, after almost 3 months!

Anyone else have nausea or vomiting 3 months in or any women have problems when it's that time of the month?

Please help, like I said the vomiting freaks me out.

Thanks everyone!
Redefining_Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-21-2012, 02:51 PM   #2
Kia25

Hello,
I've been on Suboxone a similar amount of time, close to 4 months.
I get the usual side effects, constipation, I was always tired when I was at 16mg which I fixed by lowering.

Have you thought about it being a stomach virus ?
My husband, whos not taking Subs, has had the wierdest stomach virus this past week.
Last weekend he had been experiencing alot of nausea, but never threw up. Then this past Thursday, he did throw up . Just a wierd, long lasting virus.
IMO, maybe it's a virus, and not Sub related.
Just a thought.
I really hope you feel better soon !

Last edited by Kia25; 04-21-2012 at 02:53 PM.. Reason: added text
Kia25 is offline   Reply With Quote
One User Says Thank You to Kia25 For This Useful Post:
Thank You (04-21-2012)
Unread 04-21-2012, 03:24 PM   #3
Redefining_Life

My mom said it might be a stomach virus too, and hopefully it will go away soon. I just wanted to post to make sure this wasn't something other people experienced as well!
Unread 04-22-2012, 06:51 PM   #4
Kia25

How are you feeling today ??? Any better?
It really was a long lasting virus my husband had so if that's it, then that might explain why you've felt like this for a while,

Hope your better today.
Unread 04-23-2012, 09:53 PM   #5
Redefining_Life

I have been feeling better since Saturday morning, thank you! I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it doesn't happen again. Hope your husband feels better as well.