Addiction Survivors

Notices

Unread 05-31-2009, 10:56 AM   #1
deanna

Default Bad Headaches lately

I recently tapered down to 10mg (starting last tuesday) and ever since then have had a bad headache every morning. It wont go away unless I take excedrin or tylenol. Im not really sure why the headaches would relate to tapering, but if anyone has the answer, that would be great. Oh, no cravings or any withdrawal syptoms are present since the drop. thanks, Deanna
deanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-31-2009, 10:58 AM   #2
NancyB
Administrator

Hi deanna, one of the first things to look at is how much water you're drinking. Especially with your tough job, be mindful of drinking enough water. Sometimes it's something as simple as that.

Nice work on the drop to 10!

Nancy
Important disclaimer: Any information in this post is not and does not constitute medical advice under any circumstances. Addiction Survivors, Inc. does not warranty or guarantee the accurateness, completeness, adequacy or currency of the information contained in or linked to the Site. Your use of information on the Site or materials linked to the Site is entirely at your own risk. NEVER take any online advice over that of a qualified healthcare provider. Any information contained on AddictionSurvivors.org should only serve to inspire further investigation with credible, verifiable references sources such as your physician or therapist.
NancyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-31-2009, 11:08 AM   #3
deanna

thanks Nancy for the quick response. I am drinking plenty of water, well actually its Crystal light. About a half gallon every day so I dont think Im dehydrated. Just seems weird to be having headaches at this stage of the game so to speak. I was wondering if its a reaction of some sort due to the drop. Hopefully they go away soon, headaches are one of my most UNfavorite types of pain, right next to stomach aches! Deanna
Unread 06-04-2009, 08:41 AM   #4
NancyB
Administrator

Hi deanna, just checking in to see if you're still getting headaches.

Hope they've gone.

Nancy
Important disclaimer: Any information in this post is not and does not constitute medical advice under any circumstances. Addiction Survivors, Inc. does not warranty or guarantee the accurateness, completeness, adequacy or currency of the information contained in or linked to the Site. Your use of information on the Site or materials linked to the Site is entirely at your own risk. NEVER take any online advice over that of a qualified healthcare provider. Any information contained on AddictionSurvivors.org should only serve to inspire further investigation with credible, verifiable references sources such as your physician or therapist.
Unread 06-06-2009, 08:23 AM   #5
NancyB
Administrator

Hi deanna, just wondering if you're still getting those headaches.

Hope they've gone.

Nancy
Unread 06-06-2009, 09:25 AM   #6
deanna

Hi Nancy, yes, unfortunately I still am. Im thinking if they last much longer Ill call the doctor. The good thing is that they go away when I take tylenol. Otherwise the taper to 10mg has been a breeze....my body actually feels better. I seem to have more energy later in the day than I did at a higher dose. Thanks for asking! Deanna P.S. did u get to see the commercial yet?
Unread 06-06-2009, 05:04 PM   #7
NancyB
Administrator

Oh deanna, I was hoping that they'd go away. I'm glad you're thinking of getting it checked out. On the off-chance that it's the Suboxone, you can try spitting out your saliva after the pill is dissolved. That's sometimes helps people to if it's a reaction to the naloxone.

I haven't seen the commercial yet! I should watch more tv.

Nancy
Unread 06-06-2009, 10:01 PM   #8
katbone

Quote:
Originally Posted by NancyB View Post
you can try spitting out your saliva after the pill is dissolved. That's sometimes helps people to if it's a reaction to the naloxone.

Nancy
Nancy are you saying that that last bit of goop to dissolve & stick in my throat is all naloxone?
katbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-06-2009, 10:18 PM   #9
NancyB
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by katbone View Post
Nancy are you saying that that last bit of goop to dissolve & stick in my throat is all naloxone?
Hi katbone, No it's not. The naloxone has very poor bioavailability both sublingually and in the GI tract. It's when it is injected that it can cause WDs. But for people who are hypersensitive to the naloxone, that's one way to tell. Kind of like people who allergic to nuts, just a miniscule amount can cause the allergic reaction.

So if you don't have any allergy symptoms with it, it's perfectly fine to swallow the goop.

Hope that explains it.

Nancy
Unread 06-06-2009, 10:38 PM   #10
katbone

THANKS Nancy

I ask mainly cuz i notice that i always have to spit after my suboxone dissolves, & i'm always worried that i may be inadvertently losing some of the bupe when i do that.
katbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-07-2009, 08:52 AM   #11
deanna

Hey Nancy, I think I have the problem solved... I bought some claritin D at the store yesterday because I noticed all the cottonwood flying around outside. My headache went away and I felt alot better....I think I have allergies! Weird because Im 43 and never have had allergies before. I didnt realize I had all the allergy symptoms, until I read the box. See ya! Deanna
Unread 06-07-2009, 09:08 AM   #12
NancyB
Administrator

Hi Deanna, that's good news that you figured it out! It really is weird how allergies work. One of my brothers was like that, never had any allergies until his late 30s. Since then, every spring he gets it really bad with the pollen.

Have a great headache-free day!

Nancy
Unread 06-13-2009, 03:40 PM   #13
NancyB
Administrator

Hey deanna, how are the headaches? I hope they've stopped.

For your viewing pleasure:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=49WjrRJ_DLw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K1ytP9oazCo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nrwTB_yPuKc

Nancy
Unread 06-14-2009, 08:48 AM   #14
deanna

OMG Nancy!!!!! You have got me smiling soooo big! Im so glad you got to see the commercial. Doesnt he look like the pill monster? For all of you out there reading this, when I first started with A.S., I was having cravings and I went and got a stuffed animal to throw against the wall to take out my frustrations. Well, time goes by and they have this commercial for weight watchers with this animal that is the perfect picture of the "pill monster". Watch it and replace the "hungry" with craving and it will really make light of this addiction thing we go through.
Thanks Nancy! You're the best! Oh, yea and the headaches are better because the allergans are down here in N.W. Ohio.
Big smiles Nancy! Deanna
Unread 06-14-2009, 09:06 AM   #15
NancyB
Administrator

Hi deanna!! lol! Yes! He looks so much like the pill monster! I was laughing watching them. Thanks for letting me know about them.

I'm glad the headaches are better, that's so good to hear!

Nancy