Addiction Survivors

Notices

Unread 11-13-2008, 12:40 PM   #1
kdutton

Default Sweats

Hello there! I am a newbi on here! I have been on Sub 8 mg a day for three months now. I am having the worst hot flashes!!! I will be drenched in sweat in seconds. Could this be because of the Sub or something else? Thanks! KD
kdutton is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-13-2008, 01:39 PM   #2
Daphne

regarding the sweats. I had the same thing. I don't know if that makes you feel better but they did go away after a few months.
Daphne is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-13-2008, 02:53 PM   #3
NancyB
Administrator

Hi kdutton, the sweats can be a side effect of the Suboxone. Others who have had the same problem reported them dissipating either with time or a lower dose.

Here's a couple of other threads on the same subject:

http://www.addictionsurvivors.org/vb...ad.php?t=18467
http://www.addictionsurvivors.org/vb...ad.php?t=18493

Welcome and congratulations on putting your addiction into remission.

Nancy
Important disclaimer: Any information in this post is not and does not constitute medical advice under any circumstances. Addiction Survivors, Inc. does not warranty or guarantee the accurateness, completeness, adequacy or currency of the information contained in or linked to the Site. Your use of information on the Site or materials linked to the Site is entirely at your own risk. NEVER take any online advice over that of a qualified healthcare provider. Any information contained on AddictionSurvivors.org should only serve to inspire further investigation with credible, verifiable references sources such as your physician or therapist.
NancyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-13-2008, 03:21 PM   #4
Daphne

Talking Sweats

Now that I think about it, I still do get very sweaty, more than the average person. Sometimes I get dressed in the morning after a shower and I have to turn the AC on 65 just to cool off! It makes me feel better to know its not just me. I'm not just a sweaty Italian girl! lol!

Daphne
Daphne is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-13-2008, 03:58 PM   #5
azg2b

I sometimes get "flashes" too, but nothing too uncomfortable or that doesn't go away within minutes. Got them more often before I tapered down a few mgs.....

j
azg2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-13-2008, 04:15 PM   #6
OhioMike

KD ...................

It comes with the treatment! lol

At first they frustrated me, dripping wet for no reason and the hot flash or flush feeling. However, I simply put it in it's proper place, I was taking a 100 vicodin per day, so the sweats and hot flushing feelings was little to put up with in comparison.

They do ease up as time goes on and as you lower your dose they get much better. I don't really deal with it at all anymore.

Hey, enjoy it and enjoy recovery!

Mike
OhioMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-13-2008, 04:46 PM   #7
gratefulgirl

Hi KD, please see my thread: cravings and sweats and tapering oh my!!!

I'm sorry for your sweating but glad i'm not alone!

gg
gratefulgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-13-2008, 04:48 PM   #8
flier1

For the woman some of us had sweats that were just horrible especially for me then I found out that I was in menopause and started on a patch and now i don;t get any sweats at all, but I know some was from the Sub because when I first started the patch I still had the sweats just not as bad but then as I started to decrease my Sub dosage they went away completely.
flier1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-13-2008, 04:53 PM   #9
NancyB
Administrator

Here's gratefulgirl's thread:
http://www.addictionsurvivors.org/vb...ad.php?t=20065

Nancy

(gg, I knew it was somewhere, but couldn't find it right off and I had to go. Thanks!)
Important disclaimer: Any information in this post is not and does not constitute medical advice under any circumstances. Addiction Survivors, Inc. does not warranty or guarantee the accurateness, completeness, adequacy or currency of the information contained in or linked to the Site. Your use of information on the Site or materials linked to the Site is entirely at your own risk. NEVER take any online advice over that of a qualified healthcare provider. Any information contained on AddictionSurvivors.org should only serve to inspire further investigation with credible, verifiable references sources such as your physician or therapist.
NancyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-13-2008, 06:24 PM   #10
Done

I can so relate to the sweats.....I am trying something i found in the supplement isle at wally world Black Cohosh menopause complex. There is an AM & PM tablet a thirty day supply....i think it was around 10 dollars. I started this one week a go and i think it is helping???? The box says it may take weeks to see a difference, but i was having to get up in the middle of the night and change clothes because i was drentched, Sunday night is the last night i remember having to do that.
Done is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-13-2008, 08:55 PM   #11
kirkkat

Flier1 I keep thinking these hot flashes are caused by menopause they started 2 months ago when I started sub's who knows, what patch are you referring too?

Thanks
K
kirkkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-14-2008, 05:22 AM   #12
Sunny1

I had bad sweats for the first few months on Sub. The first time I tried to taper from 20mgs to 16mgs it brought them on in a bad way. Otherwise it was random. It was gross sometimes and I thanked god I wasn't working b/c it was too much. 1 time over the summer I was walking to the pharmacy and a guy walked up to me on the street offerring tissues for my face, yuck! I was worried that it would be that way everytime I tapered and also randomly throughout being on it, but after the first few months I never had sweats like that again. I don't know if it was my body getting used to being on the Sub. I was still on 16-18mgs at 3.5 months and the sweating definitly wasn't an issue at that point, at least not in a severe way. Now that I'm thinking about it, I was still a bit warm at times, a little sweaty too, until I got to a lower dose, but it was nothing like in the beginning when I was soaked and felt flushed. It will probably get better. You can try using that precription strength antipersperant that's otc now and I always made sure I had lots of big napkins on hand when out in public.
Sunny1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-14-2008, 11:59 PM   #13
rag-doll

I am unofficialy the perspiration queen! Since being on sub, I think I could have filled a swimming pool. I thought it was menopause at first, but my doc did a test, and that's not it. However, in the past few weeks now, it seems to have gottn better. Before, I couldn't leave the house without chnging my blouse or shirt, and at work, it was horrible! Latelt though, not so bad. But I don't care, I used to sweat when I used, too, and so at least now, I am in recovery. If I have to sweat, I'd rather have it be that way!!!
rag-doll is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-15-2008, 09:38 AM   #14
So.Cal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioMike View Post
KD ...................

It comes with the treatment! lol

At first they frustrated me, dripping wet for no reason and the hot flash or flush feeling. However, I simply put it in it's proper place, I was taking a 100 vicodin per day, so the sweats and hot flushing feelings was little to put up with in comparison.

They do ease up as time goes on and as you lower your dose they get much better. I don't really deal with it at all anymore.

Hey, enjoy it and enjoy recovery!

Mike
I agree with Mike,,,after 4yrs of dealing with them,,its really a small price to pay.
Tattoo Tommy
So.Cal. is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-15-2008, 10:53 AM   #15
OhioMike

I have been on Sub for nearly three years and thankfully by always keeping my dose at it's lowest effective level, the side effects like the sweats stopped long ago as my dose continually got lower.

Mike
OhioMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-08-2009, 02:57 AM   #16
UriahSky

How many of you above are taking Suboxone or are taking Subutex? I found that I sweat tons more on Suboxone. When I started on Subutex it almost stopped completely. Sometime I loose track of my body temp. I think because these drugs numb me to many things. So I will have a coat on and not notice that I am in a warm room and then I sweat like faucet. But nothing like when I was using Suboxone. I rember that that was my main complaint when I was taking Suboxone, sweating too much.
UriahSky is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-09-2009, 12:15 AM   #17
SubCurious

I have them but not quite as bad as in the begining. I also don't have them all the time (I've gone days (maybe even a week) without sweats). It should get better with time.
SubCurious is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-19-2009, 11:16 PM   #18
miket68

Default Sweats

I had sweats terribly when I was taking painkillers. When they would start to wear off,I would get horrible sweating spells. Now that I am on Suboxone, they are getting better. I have been on it for 3 weeks now, and I may bet 1 or 2 hot flashes a day. They are not sweating spells anymore just hot flashes. The hot flashes are getting better as time goes on also. they are getting shorter and much less intense. I everyones withdrawl symptoms are diffrent,as are the side effects to treatment.
miket68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-19-2009, 11:31 PM   #19
tjsmomma

Yes, I would sweat horribly while on lortab. It was insane. Now while on sub I sweat sometimes...but not nearly a bad! Woohoo!
tjsmomma is offline   Reply With Quote